Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,360 members, 7,815,770 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

Nairaland-a Home For Bullying, But Why, O Why? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nairaland-a Home For Bullying, But Why, O Why? (658 Views)

No Work, No Pay: Civil Servants Threaten To Sit At Home For One Month / Imo Indigenes Return Home For Free Education / Nigerian Dr Sues College For £300,000 For 'racist Bullying' By Fellow Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland-a Home For Bullying, But Why, O Why? by holymike47(m): 3:34am On Jun 20, 2012
In recent times, I have been finding it very difficult to read comments on Nairaland as it seems as it has become an avenue for bullying and bashing. It is so annoying that you hardly see any post without unnecessary arguments and bullying. There are some nice topics that I would expect a unanimous response from everyone but it always turn out otherwise.

Some examples: I just read a thread about Pastor Tunde Bakare.( https://www.nairaland.com/968457/jonathans-destiny-bankrupt-nigeria-bakare)
Even though I believe he spoke the mind of many Nigerians but the very first post on that tread by DaLover is very provoking. Things like this make it scary and traumatizing for me to read comments. We always complain and it’s a fact that our leaders are corrupt but we are not even organized in our contributions.

Also during Dana air crash when all Nigerians were mourning, someone (I can’t fish out the ID now) posted that why are Nigerians complaining that even a Russian plane crashed sometime ago. I was amazed and bewildered, even if a Russian airline or any other should crash, shouldn’t we investigate ours properly? Even if theirs happens to be as a result of poor management or regulations should we suffer or allow same?

There are so many others, so many threads with comments like that.

My advice to the owner of this forum and the moderators, I think Nairaland can be an avenue for change, and for that to happen, I think effective measures should be put in place to stop undue and unnecessary bullying, bashing and insulting. Apart from deleting some post, I think some persons should be given long suspension or banned from posting when they are not making any meaningful contribution.

I am not against logical and reasonable arguments but it seems some persons just take advantage of this forum to say anything they feel like without even thinking.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland-a Home For Bullying, But Why, O Why? by aljharem(m): 4:44am On Jun 20, 2012
grin grin grin grin LOL my brother that was the problem I had with Nairaland as well

Well, it is because of people like dalover, beaf, andre uweh etc People like Alj harem exist in the cyberworld to put them in their places.

My brother these are bigots (both religious and ethnic)
Re: Nairaland-a Home For Bullying, But Why, O Why? by Odunnu: 5:34am On Jun 20, 2012
alj harem: grin grin grin grin LOL my brother that was the problem I had with Nairaland as well

Well, it is because of people like dalover, beaf, andre uweh etc People like Alj harem exist in the cyberworld to put them in their places.

you are worse than those names you mentioned put together. Stop playing saint.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland-a Home For Bullying, But Why, O Why? by Afam4eva(m): 7:08am On Jun 20, 2012
alj harem: grin grin grin grin LOL my brother that was the problem I had with Nairaland as well

Lmao...al_harem, you funny I swear.
Re: Nairaland-a Home For Bullying, But Why, O Why? by Super1759: 7:33am On Jun 20, 2012
Every1 is entitiled his or her opinion. Evry1 can't reason alike..though it disgust u bt ts fun to some people.to me its notin.I only view people public mindset
Re: Nairaland-a Home For Bullying, But Why, O Why? by Nobody: 10:46am On Jun 20, 2012
holymike47: In recent times, I have been finding it very difficult to read comments on Nairaland as it seems as it has become an avenue for bullying and bashing. It is so annoying that you hardly see any post without unnecessary arguments and bullying. There are some nice topics that I would expect a unanimous response from everyone but it always turn out otherwise.

Some examples: I just read a thread about Pastor Tunde Bakare.( https://www.nairaland.com/968457/jonathans-destiny-bankrupt-nigeria-bakare)
Even though I believe he spoke the mind of many Nigerians but the very first post on that tread by DaLover is very provoking. Things like this make it scary and traumatizing for me to read comments. We always complain and it’s a fact that our leaders are corrupt but we are not even organized in our contributions.

Also during Dana air crash when all Nigerians were mourning, someone (I can’t fish out the ID now) posted that why are Nigerians complaining that even a Russian plane crashed sometime ago. I was amazed and bewildered, even if a Russian airline or any other should crash, shouldn’t we investigate ours properly? Even if theirs happens to be as a result of poor management or regulations should we suffer or allow same?

There are so many others, so many threads with comments like that.

My advice to the owner of this forum and the moderators, I think Nairaland can be an avenue for change, and for that to happen, I think effective measures should be put in place to stop undue and unnecessary bullying, bashing and insulting. Apart from deleting some post, I think some persons should be given long suspension or banned from posting when they are not making any meaningful contribution.

I am not against logical and reasonable arguments but it seems some persons just take advantage of this forum to say anything they feel like without even thinking.
The problem with Nigerians, most of us think with our mouths instead of our brain. In real life you can hardly engage in any argument without it degenerating into an insult match. I think this should prompt us to be much more introspective about issues.

That is also one of the reasons why this country is still chronically divided as it is till today, we can hardly reach a collective decision on any issue no matter how trivial.

Shame on us.
Re: Nairaland-a Home For Bullying, But Why, O Why? by Demdem(m): 11:16am On Jun 20, 2012

i dont know about andre but add edistupid to ur list abegii.
Re: Nairaland-a Home For Bullying, But Why, O Why? by holymike47(m): 12:52pm On Jun 20, 2012
Super1759: Every1 is entitiled his or her opinion. Evry1 can't reason alike..though it disgust u bt ts fun to some people.to me its notin.I only view people public mindset

@Super1759, it is reasoning like this that lead to this! You may be entitled to your idea in a logical and reasonable manner.When a serious issue is been deliberated like when mourning or during bomb blasts when lives are lost, one shouldn't come in here and say anything without thinking it trough in the name of "i am entitled to my opinion" or to make fun. There is a joke section on Nairaland.

If we are to go by your reasoning,then politicians, our corrupt leaders will be justified for doing anything they like, they can collect bribe and continue in corruption because they will argue that they are entitled to their ideas. Been entitled to your ideas does it always mean you are right? why is there law in the land? why are they rules on Nairaland?

(1) (Reply)

Is Hon. Farouk Lawan Not On Suspension? / Gbong Gwom Jos Calls For Formation Of Vigilance Groups / Dana Crash: Victim’s Corpse ‘disappears’ In Morgue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.