Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,998 members, 7,838,511 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

Advantages And Disadvantages Of 2008 Camry Xle V4 - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Advantages And Disadvantages Of 2008 Camry Xle V4 (16529 Views)

2008 Camry Dashboard / How To Know A V4, V6, Or V8. Car By mere Looking At It / Advantages And Disadvantages Of Golf 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of 2008 Camry Xle V4 by Fhemmmy: 8:56pm On Jun 21, 2012
Ikenna351:

I do not agree. Yes, Struts are wearable parts. But some last longer than you could imagine than the other brands, irrespective of the environment its used on.

Toyota struts are generally known for frequent failures on monthly basis. Sometimes, on bi-weekly basis. Its a big time flaw of all Toyota products so far. That is, its a peculiar problem to Toyota.

Not trying to be biased here, but Peugeots are known for durable struts/shock absorbers. In fact, they are the only car manufacturer that Patented their strut. Why? First, the outstanding quality(durability). Second, only Peugeot strut are rebuildable.

There are other car brands that use durable struts on their products, but Toyota is simply not one of them.

Ikenna.

Those are all built for the rugged streets of Africa . . . Lol
Yes, i do agree that some struts last longer than the others, however, it is all about what you have on the ride, most of what is sold in Nigeria are after market parts . . .
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of 2008 Camry Xle V4 by Silas0(m): 9:17pm On Jun 21, 2012
@Dammytosh 2008 accord is a trouble inclined car.check out the complaints at www.carcomplaints.com.it's the second most rated car in the site with complaints.
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of 2008 Camry Xle V4 by chelseabmw(m): 10:36pm On Jun 21, 2012
I LOVE 2008 CAMRY
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of 2008 Camry Xle V4 by Fhemmmy: 11:40pm On Jun 21, 2012
Silas0: @Dammytosh 2008 accord is a trouble inclined car.check out the complaints at www.carcomplaints.com.it's the second most rated car in the site with complaints.

Na wa oh
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of 2008 Camry Xle V4 by Silas0(m): 11:51pm On Jun 21, 2012
Dat's the car

Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of 2008 Camry Xle V4 by KA24DETT(m): 11:53pm On Jun 21, 2012
Ikenna351:

Yungboss,

The thing is, Audi A8 generation FWD had V6 & V8. But they later realised the mistake & dropped the FWD V8 & continued with AWD V8 till date. I guess they couldnt break the record well, after all.

Ikenna.

My Boy has a 98 cadillac Seville STS . The STS version comes with GM Northstar V8 engine AND IT IS FWD. ALL CADILLAC SEVILLE FROM 98-2005 WERE FWD. Some come in V6 OR V8 VERSION
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of 2008 Camry Xle V4 by yungboss(m): 1:41am On Jun 22, 2012
Ikenna351:

Yungboss,

The thing is, Audi A8 generation FWD had V6 & V8. But they later realised the mistake & dropped the FWD V8 & continued with AWD V8 till date. I guess they couldnt break the record well, after all.

Ikenna.
ok i'l check it up, never knew they had a V8...thank for the correction...
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of 2008 Camry Xle V4 by odocity: 3:40am On Jun 22, 2012
toyota camry is not a durable car,its body is made with plastic, i encourage 504 saloon,wagon or bettles car.it is more durable.

1 Like

Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of 2008 Camry Xle V4 by yungboss(m): 3:52am On Jun 22, 2012
KA24DETT:

My Boy has a 98 cadillac Seville STS . The STS version comes with GM Northstar V8 engine AND IT IS FWD. ALL CADILLAC SEVILLE FROM 98-2005 WERE FWD. Some come in V6 OR V8 VERSION
i'm sure handling in those cars around corners or turns was like a game of russian roulette smiley...

1 Like

Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of 2008 Camry Xle V4 by eaglechild: 6:54am On Jun 22, 2012
Lord_Reed:

I been wan know o! But no underestimate 4cyl Camry o! I don use that thing travel and the only car wey dust me for road na FX45.

I think u shld go for thanksgiving. How much bhp do u think the V4 has.
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of 2008 Camry Xle V4 by Silas0(m): 8:12am On Jun 22, 2012
@ odocity Who told u dat camry is nt durable?
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of 2008 Camry Xle V4 by LordReed(m): 10:24am On Jun 22, 2012
eaglechild:

I think u shld go for thanksgiving. How much bhp do u think the V4 has.

150+bhp so? Besides it's not a V4 but an I4
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of 2008 Camry Xle V4 by eaglechild: 10:06pm On Jun 22, 2012
Lord_Reed:

150+bhp so? Besides it's not a V4 but an I4

Yes it's more correctly referred to as an I4, just following the post.
The point am trying to make is that they are not made for stunt driving esp on naija roads. They are basically for moving from point A to B. It is not a sport sedan and should not be driven as such.
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of 2008 Camry Xle V4 by LordReed(m): 10:43am On Jun 23, 2012
eaglechild:

Yes it's more correctly referred to as an I4, just following the post.
The point am trying to make is that they are not made for stunt driving esp on naija roads. They are basically for moving from point A to B. It is not a sport sedan and should not be driven as such.

Yes I know its not a sports sedan but I can't help but revel in its joyful romance with the road.
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of 2008 Camry Xle V4 by Trac: 10:45pm On Jun 25, 2012
Ikenna351:

Car is not SUV, dont get confused.

Meanwhile, the guy that said that Audi A8 FWD had V8 as well was right. I just checked & confirmed. My mistake then. That means Audi has break the record.

Ikenna.

Some "SUV's" are cars. The M Class is a car - and that's according to Mercedes. On its own class, I don't think it has a competition yet. It is also a first. The X3 and X5 are cars too without added potentials, save for certain biases. The Explorer, Expedition, Yukon, poser Hummer, some Toyota's and the rest in the aforementioned calibre are pickup trucks. The Range Rover, Toureg/Cayenne (multi-purpose), Wranglers etc are 4x4's or offroaders.

A dedicated 4x4 will have two transmission selectors. They're short wheel-base also.

In reality, there is no such thing as an "SUV." It doesn't exist in automotive. It's a marketing term. This is never mentioned within automotive circles.

The chassis is what you look at and not the form-factor. You'll mess up when judge a vehicle by its form-factor. There are some cars that look like boats and when they pull of to your side, they are taller than your German sedan. Upon closer inspection, you'll notice it's a compact vehicle on 14 inches of rims, yet taller. A new name has been given to such insanity and it's called "crossover." There are other categories to this insanity as well. The truth is that no such thing exist and it's all a marketing term. The crossover term was nothing but damage-control to sinking automotive sales in the United States during the fuel spikes in prices. Somehow some way, they were able to convince people that you could get the fuel efficiency and ergonomics of a vehicle while having a truck-like build. The same principle applies to the BMW notion as being the ultimate driving machine and the 50/50 weight distribution. These were by marketers/advertisement groups. In theory and manifestations, it cannot be imagined, let alone a foresight of truth.
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of 2008 Camry Xle V4 by yungboss(m): 6:00am On Jun 26, 2012
Trac:

Some "SUV's" are cars. The M Class is a car - and that's according to Mercedes. On its own class, I don't think it has a competition yet. It is also a first. The X3 and X5 are cars too without added potentials, save for certain biases. The Explorer, Expedition, Yukon, poser Hummer, some Toyota's and the rest in the aforementioned calibre are pickup trucks. The Range Rover, Toureg/Cayenne (multi-purpose), Wranglers etc are 4x4's or offroaders.

A dedicated 4x4 will have two transmission selectors. They're short wheel-base also.

In reality, there is no such thing as an "SUV." It doesn't exist in automotive. It's a marketing term. This is never mentioned within automotive circles.

The chassis is what you look at and not the form-factor. You'll mess up when judge a vehicle by its form-factor. There are some cars that look like boats and when they pull of to your side, they are taller than your German sedan. Upon closer inspection, you'll notice it's a compact vehicle on 14 inches of rims, yet taller. A new name has been given to such insanity and it's called "crossover." There are other categories to this insanity as well. The truth is that no such thing exist and it's all a marketing term. The crossover term was nothing but damage-control to sinking automotive sales in the United States during the fuel spikes in prices. Somehow some way, they were able to convince people that you could get the fuel efficiency and ergonomics of a vehicle while having a truck-like build. The same principle applies to the BMW notion as being the ultimate driving machine and the 50/50 weight distribution. These were by marketers/advertisement groups. In theory and manifestations, it cannot be imagined, let alone a foresight of truth.
nice write up...'a new insanity' lol
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of 2008 Camry Xle V4 by Nobody: 9:10pm On Oct 26, 2012
Lord_Reed:

I been wan know o! But no underestimate 4cyl Camry o! I don use that thing travel and the only car wey dust me for road na FX45.

Even a 1995 camry is still a sturner on the expressway, once you are a good driver with guts, no car sees your back. Only a calculative driving behind a 3.5/3.7litre engine will dust you.
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of 2008 Camry Xle V4 by Nobody: 9:16pm On Oct 26, 2012
dammytosh:

Ask any mechanic. Almost All camrys generally come with this funny shock and noise on the shock absorber area of the car. U can test drive a camry and an honda and compare the difference

You are very right. One keeps changing shocks on Camry but honda hardly experiences noise on shocks.
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of 2008 Camry Xle V4 by Martini101(m): 7:57am On Oct 27, 2012
okpara ugo:

Even a 1995 camry is still a sturner on the expressway, once you are a good driver with guts, no car sees your back. Only a calculative driving behind a 3.5/3.7litre engine will dust you.
. U re so right my broda
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of 2008 Camry Xle V4 by Learn2know: 3:00pm On Oct 27, 2012
dammytosh:
MY ADVICE

Look for more money and go for Honda same year. More classier and more stable.

-My Opinion.

Pls try 2008 Acura TL.
Its a wahooooo car
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of 2008 Camry Xle V4 by Bigsteveg(m): 3:09pm On Mar 02, 2019
dammytosh:
FIRST CLASS EXPERIENCE REVIEW.

ADVANTAGES :

Extremely cheap and easy to maintain.
Cheaper spare parts
Fuel efficient.
CLassy and enjoyable when travelling

DISADVANTAGES :

AC Issues and system kinda common
Head lamp not bright enough(wears out easily)
Shock absorber problem if u live in a rough environment
Drags you down (if u av driven a v6 engine before , u will be disappointed)

MY ADVICE

Look for more money and go for Honda same year. More classier and more stable.

-My Opinion.

Heard it develops transmission issue alot? Can you please confirm and explain better? Thanks

Cc: Gazzuzz

(1) (2) (Reply)

Italian Police Foil Plot To Snatch Enzo Ferrari's Body / Is It Possible To Use Another Engine In A Murano? / Toyota To Cut Global Production By 40%

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.