Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,095 members, 7,811,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:23 PM

What Is The Difference Between SOUL & SPIRIT? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Difference Between SOUL & SPIRIT? (13888 Views)

What Is The Difference Between Life And Soul (spirit Or Whatever We Call It) / What Is The Difference Between Soul Winning And Evangelism? / Soul & Spirit - Whats the difference? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Difference Between SOUL & SPIRIT? by AdeniyiA(m): 6:52pm On Jun 20, 2012
please i need an enlightened response on the difference between 'SOUL & SPIRIT. thank
Re: What Is The Difference Between SOUL & SPIRIT? by buzugee(m): 11:55pm On Jun 20, 2012
Adeniyi A.:
please i need an enlightened response on the difference between 'SOUL & SPIRIT. thank
they are used interchangeably in the bible so they mean the same thing
Re: What Is The Difference Between SOUL & SPIRIT? by buzugee(m): 12:02am On Jun 21, 2012
soul is from the greek word PSUCHE which means BREATH
spirit is from the greek word PNEUMA which also means BREATH

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between SOUL & SPIRIT? by Goshen360(m): 2:47am On Jun 21, 2012
@ OP,

Buzugee is right. They are the same but used interchangeably. Some even use soul and mind interchangeably but the right usage should be soul and spirit depending on the context.
Re: What Is The Difference Between SOUL & SPIRIT? by AdeniyiA(m): 10:50am On Jun 21, 2012
but there is a school of thought that a typical human being is 3 in 1 . how right is that?
Re: What Is The Difference Between SOUL & SPIRIT? by LogicMind: 11:05am On Jun 21, 2012
Buzugee is wrong as usual.
There is a huge difference.
Spirit is everywhere. There are good and evil spirits, there is a holy spirit, an amadioha spirit, etc. No soul equvalents. Ever heard of the Holy Soul?.
Spirits can exist on their own and interact with the living. It is your virtual self. Souls live inside people and record everything for judgement.

Put is this way: the soul is the internal hard drive god put in you to record all your actions. When you die, this data is transfered to the mobile external drive called spirit. It is the spirit that wanders the earth as ghosts. It is the spirit that will stand judgement based on its data. And it is the spirit that will enjoy heaven or endure hell.
The bible made clear that souls die. Spirits never die.
Ezekiel 18:20, "The soul that sinneth, it shall die."

18 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between SOUL & SPIRIT? by ijawkid(m): 11:36am On Jun 21, 2012
Logic Mind: Buzugee is wrong as usual.
Spirit is everywhere. There are good and evil spirits, there is a holy spirit, an amadioha spirit, etc. No soul equvalents. Ever heard of the Holy Soul?.
Spirits can exist on their own and interact with the living. It is your virtual self. Souls live inside people and record everything for judgement.

Put is this way: the soul is the internal hard drive god put in you to record all your actions. When you die, this data is transfered to the mobile external drive called spirit. It is the spirit that wanders the earth as ghosts. It is the spirit that will stand judgement based on its data. And it is the spirit that will enjoy heaven or endure hell.

Perfect answer...

Buzugee hope ur learning from an atheist

Soul that sins dies...

Soul is d being itself.....

Adam became a living soul....

Animals are souls too....
Re: What Is The Difference Between SOUL & SPIRIT? by buzugee(m): 11:46am On Jun 21, 2012
Goshen360: @ OP,

Buzugee is right. They are the same but used interchangeably. Some even use soul and mind interchangeably but the right usage should be soul and spirit depending on the context.
iron sharpens iron my brethren. yall make a brother sharp.
Re: What Is The Difference Between SOUL & SPIRIT? by buzugee(m): 11:47am On Jun 21, 2012
Adeniyi A.:
but there is a school of thought that a typical human being is 3 in 1 . how right is that?
as right as a 7ft tall pygmy
Re: What Is The Difference Between SOUL & SPIRIT? by buzugee(m): 11:48am On Jun 21, 2012

i see you are smoking that angel dust again huh ?
Re: What Is The Difference Between SOUL & SPIRIT? by buzugee(m): 11:50am On Jun 21, 2012
ijawkid:

Perfect answer...

Buzugee hope ur learning from an atheist

Soul that sins dies...

Soul is d being itself.....

Adam became a living soul....

Animals are souls too....
grin grin grin still tryna figure out if you are being sarcastic

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between SOUL & SPIRIT? by AdeniyiA(m): 8:06pm On Jun 21, 2012
@logic mind
quite revealing, from your xplanation can we now say that human soul is our conscious mind, our conscience n reservoir of knowledge - in other words,we have control over our soul and not spirit?we determine what it records?
Re: What Is The Difference Between SOUL & SPIRIT? by buzugee(m): 11:03pm On Jun 21, 2012
Adeniyi A.:
@logic mind
quite revealing, from your xplanation can we now say that human soul is our conscious mind, our conscience n reservoir of knowledge - in other words,we have control over our soul and not spirit?we determine what it records?
This nigga is dumber than a box of rocks. he gets sound advice from the men of the lord but he gravitates towards the answer of the man of baal, Logic Mind, that is grin
Re: What Is The Difference Between SOUL & SPIRIT? by Jenwitemi(m): 11:08pm On Jun 21, 2012
You can't have control over your spirit 'cos your spirit is the real you. You, the spirit, controls the soul in ideal cases. The problem is that most of us allow the contents of the soul to control us, hence the world in disarray.
Adeniyi A.:
@logic mind
Re: What Is The Difference Between SOUL & SPIRIT? by Jenwitemi(m): 11:10pm On Jun 21, 2012
LOL! @ buzugee. Everybody is smoking something whenever they disagree with you. What do you smoke when you come up with your own theories?
buzugee: i see you are smoking that angel dust again huh ?
Re: What Is The Difference Between SOUL & SPIRIT? by buzugee(m): 11:14pm On Jun 21, 2012
Jenwitemi: LOL! @ buzugee. Everybody is smoking something whenever they disagree with you. What do you smoke when you come up with your own theories?
grin grin grin Sup Field Marshall Jenwitemi. I smoke garri with groundnut before i come up with my theories grin
Re: What Is The Difference Between SOUL & SPIRIT? by Jenwitemi(m): 11:17pm On Jun 21, 2012
Adeniyi, i have already submitted my own explanation to this theme, so i do not wish to repeat myself again. If you want to know my own contribution to this topic, then you will have to use the site's search engine. I can't be bothered to dig it up right now.
Adeniyi A.:
Re: What Is The Difference Between SOUL & SPIRIT? by Jenwitemi(m): 12:13am On Jun 22, 2012
Here is the link to my most recent submission on this topic, https://www.nairaland.com/930859/does-baby-foetus-soul

See if it helps your search for the differences between spirit and soul.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between SOUL & SPIRIT? by AdeniyiA(m): 1:25am On Jun 22, 2012
Jenwitemi: Adeniyi, i have already submitted my own explanation to this theme, so i do not wish to repeat myself again. If you want to know my own contribution to this topic, then you will have to use the site's search engine. I can't be bothered to dig it up right now.
dont worry 'o ti wi tie'
Re: What Is The Difference Between SOUL & SPIRIT? by AdeniyiA(m): 1:34am On Jun 22, 2012
buzugee: This nigga is dumber than a box of rocks. he gets sound advice from the men of the lord but he gravitates towards the answer of the man of baal, Logic Mind, that is grin
instead of first acknowledging your narrow mindedness and appreciating a more enlightened contribution-which i endorsed, u're are busy throwing mudstone.SMH
Re: What Is The Difference Between SOUL & SPIRIT? by Murphy7h4: 4:47am On Jun 22, 2012
Re: What Is The Difference Between SOUL & SPIRIT? by ijawkid(m): 9:40am On Jun 22, 2012
The spirit is d breath of like which goes back to God and the soul is d individual.......

That is why a soul that sins dies.......

That is why animals are souls...

@buzugee.....that's what I understand from d bible......

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between SOUL & SPIRIT? by kaiter: 5:32pm On Jun 22, 2012
Spirits can exist on their own and interact with the living. It is your virtual self. Souls live inside people and record everything for judgement. [img]http://www.demama.info/g.gif[/img]
Re: What Is The Difference Between SOUL & SPIRIT? by stillme(m): 5:53pm On Jun 22, 2012
I believe there are three things that make a human;body,soul and spirit.
Body is your flesh. It demands for food,cloth and sex.
Soul is your mind. Intellectual being. It demands for canal knowledge. Soul does corrupt.
While spirit is the real being. God communicate to us through spirit because God,Himself is spirit.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between SOUL & SPIRIT? by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jun 22, 2012
Adeniyi A.:

Re: What Is The Difference Between SOUL & SPIRIT? by kwenu: 5:59pm On Jun 22, 2012
Good post from you, OP,
GOD IS A SPIRIT, IT TAKES A SPIRIT TO CREATE A SOUL, SPIRIT IS FROM ABOVE, WHILE SOUL IS EARTHY, THE PRESENCE OF A SPIRIT INSIDE A BODY MAKES IT A LIVING SOUL.
THERES NO SOUL WITHOUT SPIRIT, A SOUL IS DESIGNED TO RELATE AND FUNCTION WITH THE WORLD
YES INFORMATION IS STORED IN A SOUL
THE DIFFERENNCE BETWEEN MAN AND ANIMALS IS SPIRIT
A DOG WILL ACT LIKE A MAN IF THE SPIRIT OF A MAN IS BEING TRANSFERRED TO IT AND A MAN CAN ACT LIKE A DOG IF THE SPIRIT OF A DOG IS BEING TRANSFERED TO HIM.

THE POWERHOUSE OF THE SOUL IS THE BRAIN (MEMORY)
AND THE SPIRIT CONTROLS THE SOUL (BRAIN , MEMORY, THINKING FACULTY)
EMOTIONS ARE EVIDENCE THAT SPIRITS ARE PRESENT IN A BODY

THE SPIRIT THAT MAKES MAN A LIVING SOUL IS DIVINE,ITS FROM GOD ALONE

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between SOUL & SPIRIT? by nairawall: 6:00pm On Jun 22, 2012
The human being is made of three parts which are:

Body (flesh)
Soul(mind) and
Spirit.

The three is inseparable until death. The spirit is like a template that can be easily possessed.

This very nature of the spirit is what gives right to the issues of demon possessed humans or even somebody getting 'born again'.

because the spirit controls everything we are, it remains the most important part of every human. You can be spirit minded (having your soul having a union with your spirit) or canally minded(having your flesh and soul in union). The former gives rise to life while the latter is death.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between SOUL & SPIRIT? by Orikinla(m): 6:01pm On Jun 22, 2012
buzugee: they are used interchangeably in the bible so they mean the same thing

The Spirit is the invisible force that inhabits the soul on which the soul travels.
The soul is the ether of the spirit.

GOD IS A SPIRIT and the Spirit gives the breath of life for every living soul.
Re: What Is The Difference Between SOUL & SPIRIT? by 401kk: 6:02pm On Jun 22, 2012
Soul and spirit are two different things. The soul is the human body/being while the spirit is the "force" that gives life to a body or soul.
Without the spirit, the body is "dead".
Re: What Is The Difference Between SOUL & SPIRIT? by denitro(m): 6:20pm On Jun 22, 2012
The spirit and body together constitute the Soul of Man (Mankind). "The spirit and the body are the soul of man"
The soul is the union of a spirit, and a temporal body, which is formed by physical conception on earth.
After death, the spirit continues to live and progress in the Spirit world until the resurrection,
when it is reunited with the body that once housed it. This reuniting of body and spirit results in a perfect soul
that is immortal and eternally young and healthy

[size=18pt]SPIRIT + BODY = SOUL[/size]
Re: What Is The Difference Between SOUL & SPIRIT? by crackhouse(m): 6:25pm On Jun 22, 2012

do u now believe in God? U talked as if u now believe that God exists or are u high on some white stuff at the moment? Because i know u as a diehard atheist. Can't believe u are now mentioning God, heaven, holy spirit, hell and judgement. Hmm
Re: What Is The Difference Between SOUL & SPIRIT? by lwise(m): 6:25pm On Jun 22, 2012
We are all made up of body,soul and spirit.The body cannot live without the spirit.The body is just ordinary flesh that habours the soul.The soul is the real being.The spirit is the force that drives the soul in a body.When the spirit is taken,the body becomes dead and the true being(soul) returns to the maker to receive judgement.Spirit and soul never die.Spirit is released as a breath of life to a newly created soul in a body.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Flood Victims Rescued By Prophet Jeremiah Fufeyin Return Home (Video) / True Information About Water Spirits And How You Are Affected: Know The Truth / Amazing Scientific Proof That Hell Exists.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.