Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,781 members, 7,813,579 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:23 PM

5 Feared Killed In Kujama Market Riot, As Security Personnel Kill 9 In Badarawa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Feared Killed In Kujama Market Riot, As Security Personnel Kill 9 In Badarawa (741 Views)

Nima Elbagir Enters Sambisa Forest With The Aid Of Security Personnel. Photos / Peace Restored At Mile 12 As Security Personnel Take Over Trouble Region. Photos / JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Feared Killed In Kujama Market Riot, As Security Personnel Kill 9 In Badarawa by ikee(m): 6:36pm On Jun 21, 2012
Five persons are feared killed in Kujama market riot in Chikun local government area of Kaduna State.

A staff of Chikun local government council, who craved for anonymity, said the incident happened as a result of an argument between a Christian boy and a Muslim woman.

"The riot started as a result of an argument between a Christian boy and a Muslim woman in Kujama market; the boy bought eggs from the Muslim woman. We don't know what happened, but they started arguing; and the argument later turned into violence between supporters of both parties. I can tell you now that five people were killed right in my presence while several others were injured", he said.

Kaduna police commissioner, Mohammed Jinjiri Abubakar, confirmed the incident, saying however that everything was under control.

Meanwhile, a combined team of security personnel drafted to the Badarawa area of Kaduna metropolis to settle a dispute between two warring communities have shot to death at least nine persons.

Some youths of Badarawa were reported to have moved into Unguwan Yaro, a Christian dominated area in Badarawa, to allegedly cause havoc but when security agents were alerted, they quickly moved in to save the situation but shot some of the youths to death.

"It was the police helicopter that first opened fire on the youths before some security personnel came from behind and opened fire on them. With my eyes, I have seen nine corpses but some people are saying that 15 people were killed," a witness said.
http://www.ipaidabribenaija.com/index.php/latest-news/item/5089-5-feared-killed-in-kujama-market-riot-as-security-personnel-kill-9-in-badarawa

(1) (Reply)

Bank Driver Arrested With 19 ATM Cards, N652,000. / Suicide Bomb Attack On Nigeria Checkpoint Kills Eight / New Lagos Traffic Laws-"how Possible"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.