Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,329 members, 7,826,304 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? (13821 Views)

Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. / 7 Types Of Atheists / Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by Godskidmidas(m): 3:15pm On Sep 21, 2014
As for me, everything I am is a function of God. I'm nothing without him,so I'll follow his words which says"train up a child in the way he should go and when he's old he'll not depart from it"
Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by redsun(m): 3:31pm On Sep 21, 2014
dhammyg: SO FAR NIGERIA ITSELF HASN'T GOTTEN ANY BETTER WITH ALL IT'S RELIGIOUS FOLKSundecidedUR FRIENDSHIP WITH SOMEONE SHOULD BE BASED ON SOMEONE'S CHARACTER AND BEHAVIOUR.AM AN ATHEIST AND I HAVE BOTH ATHEIST,XTIAN AND MUSLIM FRIENDSsmiley

IF U WON'T ALLOW UR CHILDREN TO BE FRIENDS WITH CHILDREN OF ATHEIST.BASED ON THAT FACT ALONE.THEN U'RE JUST A MYOPIC PERSONundecided

How can it get better when they don't think? They are like blind people walking in the dark without even white sticks to guide them.

Ordinary street cleaning requires a miracle in Nigeria,they have to pray for the street to be clean and free themselves of mosquitoes and preventable diseases that kills thousands on regular basis. Total lack of fundamebtal common sense that Jesus and Mohammad have replaced.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by zboyd: 3:38pm On Sep 21, 2014
kellybently:

"Kill those who are not Christian or Jewish:
You must kill those who worship another god.
Exodus 22:20
2. Kill any friend or family that worship a god
that is different than your own. Deuteronomy
13:6-10
3. Kill all the inhabitants of any city where you
find people that worship differently than you.
Deuteronomy 13:12-16

So...if YOU consider yourself a Christian, and consider the Bible the Word of God, how many non-Christians, Jews, friends, family members and strangers who worship a different god that is different than your own have you killed?

If you haven't already, then how many are YOU intending to kill and when will you and your followers begin your holy Crusade?

Btw...JESUS was Jewish...born of parents who were Jewish, circumcised in the Jewish tradition 8 days after birth, raised as a Jew and died as Jew.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by rinrin23(f): 4:01pm On Sep 21, 2014
redsun:

How can it get better when they don't think? They are like blind people walking in the dark without even white sticks to guide them.

Ordinary street cleaning requires a miracle in Nigeria,they have to pray for the street to be clean and free themselves of mosquitoes and preventable diseases that kills thousands on regular basis. Total lack of fundamebtal common sense that Jesus and Mohammad have replaced.

You took these words right out of my mind.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by rinrin23(f): 4:10pm On Sep 21, 2014
I find this question fundamentally discriminatory. The kind of question that white men asked each other before racial integration was enforced.

If atheists can let their kids mix with theists , why can't it work both ways. Whats the fear? -that they would question their beliefs ?. Why don't you want them to question it if you are so sure of what you believe in.

Children are made to learn, what better way than through friction. Why would anyone want to raise closed minded children.

4 Likes

Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by lawrenceunaa: 4:15pm On Sep 21, 2014
messpero90: its clear and simple bcaus it is unwise 2 b in d councel of d ungodly. "they might even b posses.
oga there is great difference b/w an atheist and a pegan lipsrsealed
keeping a close eye on them like i earlier said was i other not to let the parents of those children confused mine .

Stop trying to claim that u can prevent from playing with those children of atheist parents

1) u need to make ur children to draw those other children closer to ur house and teach them the word of God.(you may or may not believe but in our village the son of a juju priest 'dibia' was ordained a catholic priest cos right from childhood the child had refused his father's belief )

2)even if u prevent those children from player together with ur kids can u also prevent them from playing in sch? undecided
Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by Lywiled: 4:54pm On Sep 21, 2014
of course.

The bible does not say we (or our children) should not befriend unbelievers...it rather preaches love to all...as long as they respect each other.

D Bible says we shd not be unequally yoke with unbelievers. Unbelievers in dis sense means those that do not believe in what you believe in.

A child's mind is a clean slate, whatever you imprint on it sticks. If you must let your child play with atheists, let them have a solid believe-system. Otherwise they wil be indoctrinated.

Present to them good and bad; advice them to choose the good - but also let them choose whatever they want to choose. That is, when they grow up to be adults - do not force them.
Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by Enoquin(f): 5:19pm On Sep 21, 2014
adexsimply: Caracta... enoquin cool
Wetin happen?
Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by remebombom: 5:35pm On Sep 21, 2014
no I wont because @ that age, they are still very amenable and it wont be good to expose them to conflicting ideas.
Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by logicboy01: 5:35pm On Sep 21, 2014
Lywiled:

D Bible says we shd not be unequally yoke with unbelievers. Unbelievers in dis sense means those that do not believe in what you believe in.

A child's mind is a clean slate, whatever you imprint on it sticks. If you must let your child play with atheists, let them have a solid believe-system. Otherwise they wil be indoctrinated.

Present to them good and bad; advice them to choose the good - but also let them choose whatever they want to choose. That is, when they grow up to be adults - do not force them.

so children of atheists are indoctrinators?
Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by Skeelzz(m): 5:47pm On Sep 21, 2014
Well that way they will be brought up without hatred in their minds,they will regard themselves as human beings not muslim and christians....I tink dats d way forward if only u religious folks will understand..
Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by Wisedata(m): 5:50pm On Sep 21, 2014
All we need is one love irrespect of the colour. Religion or political. I am a proudly SATGURU MAHARAJJI DEVOTEE and I have many friends from all religion whatsoever. Whats important is I respect ur belief. U respect my belief den we all live fine. My children can associates with any kind of person on this earth in as much as they practice one love with one heart with everyone. They are on the right track.
Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by Nobody: 6:06pm On Sep 21, 2014
i thought as christians we should preach love then why are some supposed christians saying they'll never let their kids play with etheists kids What have d kids got to do with their parents choice of belief HYPOCRITES..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by habey1(m): 6:28pm On Sep 21, 2014
logicboy01: I remember this discussion among 3 women on a train. The women were talking about another mother (who wasn't there) who is an atheist and doesnt teach her children about God. The mothers said that they see some "funny" spirits in those children of the atheist. They said that they would prefer it if their children did not mix with the atheist's children, especially at the atheist childrens' homes/birthdays. The children with the women were at least 10 to 15 years old. There were 4 children altogether.

This whole thing got me thinking. I wonder, would you let your children 10-16 have friends that are atheist or children of atheist parents?
logicboy01: I remember this discussion among 3 women on a train. The women were talking about another mother (who wasn't there) who is an atheist and doesnt teach her children about God. The mothers said that they see some "funny" spirits in those children of the atheist. They said that they would prefer it if their children did not mix with the atheist's children, especially at the atheist childrens' homes/birthdays. The children with the women were at least 10 to 15 years old. There were 4 children altogether.

This whole thing got me thinking. I wonder, would you let your children 10-16 have friends that are atheist or children of atheist parents?

Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by delmavic(m): 6:50pm On Sep 21, 2014
We shall not b unequal yokes wt unbelievers
Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Sep 21, 2014
do not be decieved evil communication corrupts good manners.do not be yoked with UNbelivers!
Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by jericco1(m): 7:44pm On Sep 21, 2014
Daresh:

This is so wrong. smh

shake it all you want. .we're clearly unalike.
Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by Nobody: 8:02pm On Sep 21, 2014
Kay17: How is it possible for there to be love in separation??

D question is what of in school? Do parents know how many atheist children they mix up with in school.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by Nobody: 8:11pm On Sep 21, 2014
lawrenceunaa: oga there is great difference b/w an atheist and a pegan lipsrsealed
keeping a close eye on them like i earlier said was i other not to let the parents of those children confused mine .

Stop trying to claim that u can prevent from playing with those children of atheist parents

1) u need to make ur children to draw those other children closer to ur house and teach them the word of God.(you may or may not believe but in our village the son of a juju priest 'dibia' was ordained a catholic priest cos right from childhood the child had refused his father's belief )

2)even if u prevent those children from player together with ur kids can u also prevent them from playing in sch? undecided
well uve spoken well but all d same dis children can lure ur children n give them witch to chop. "just saying.
Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by danduchi(m): 8:14pm On Sep 21, 2014
logicboy01: I would let my children play with other kids irrespective of religion. As long as my children are not used for sacrifice. sad
same bible said don't be equally yoke with unbelievers
Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by Feraz(m): 8:31pm On Sep 21, 2014
messpero90: go and read ur bible
Are you sure you read one? undecided
Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Sep 21, 2014
redsun:

do you read minds? 'cause you just read mine
Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Sep 21, 2014
rinrin23: I find this question fundamentally discriminatory. The kind of question that white men asked each other before racial integration was enforced.

If atheists can let their kids mix with theists , why can't it work both ways. Whats the fear? -that they would question their beliefs ?. Why don't you want them to question it if you are so sure of what you believe in.

Children are made to learn, what better way than through friction. Why would anyone want to raise closed minded children.

Religious folks would raise close-minded children, 'cause they are close minded so they dont feel safe if their children is open minded

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by broswilli: 9:21pm On Sep 21, 2014
How would you have access to preach to them. It is the Job of your children to preach to these children.Today's Christianity is no more real that is why people are so scared of occultist who may just be practicing there beliefs, and the only thing that truly shows a practicing christian is his ability to love his neighbor which also pushes him/her to preach for his neighbor believing that the word of God is sharper than any two edged sword and can pierce into any man to change his beliefs and thinking to conform to Gods will. Christians today segregate people and classify some persons who don't share the same belief with them as being so evil that they cannot be changed, failing to realize that such a way of thinking is a sin against the holy spirit
Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by Nobody: 9:47pm On Sep 21, 2014
Feraz: Are you sure you read one? undecided
im a bible scholar
Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by Nobody: 12:18am On Sep 22, 2014
All I did was read the headline question, why do I find it so amusing?

3 Likes

Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by Truckpusher(m): 2:04am On Sep 22, 2014
I told my manager that I'm a humanist with no religion his facial expression changed immediately because he is one of those zombie born again. angry

And he still thinks that I'm cursed and needed deliverance. grin
His invitation for me to follow him to his church is becoming annoying cry

Why can't peeps leave other people alone to define the direction they want to follow ?

Religion is the worst manmade disaster that has ever happened to mankind and it has killed more people than it has ever saved.
As I'm even typing my indoctrinated conscience is judging me and this is one shiit about religion,it's like an everlasting mark always making you feel guilty and fear where you should be asking questions?

5 Likes

Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by Nobody: 6:47am On Sep 22, 2014
lagcity:

aaahh! You think I am joking? Atheist? They gonna kill you! In Nigeria, it is better to believe in Guru Maharaji than open your mouth and say there is no God at all. If you are gay, guys might not talk to you but some girls would still be friends with you. If you are atheist, nobody will come near you, even other atheists wont come near you for fear of exposure. grin grin grin Even if you are in a danfo, people will say make you come down so that the bus wont have accident. You don't know Nigeria cheesy.

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by otswag(m): 8:06am On Sep 22, 2014
Preventing your children from associating with other children because of difference in religious beliefs will send a wrong message to them. U are indirectly teaching them to detest people just because they they think different even if they have other great attributes. This idea alone is the cause of the holocaust suffered by the Jews from the Nazi so its a very wrong thing to teach your child. If you teach your children the ways of the lord and it makes sense to them, u shouldn't be scared that your teaching will be corrupted by beliefs of atheists. Yes, they would have questions but if you believe strongly in ur religion, u should be able to provide them with sensible answers.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by logicboy01: 8:14am On Sep 22, 2014
otswag: Preventing your children from associating with other children because of difference in religious beliefs will send a wrong message to them. U are indirectly teaching them to detest people just because they they think different even if they have other great attributes. This idea alone is the cause of the holocaust suffered by the Jews from the Nazi so its a very wrong thing to teach your child. If you teach your children the ways of the lord and it makes sense to them, u shouldn't be scared that your teaching will be corrupted by beliefs of atheists. Yes, they would have questions but if you believe strongly in ur religion, u should be able to provide them with sensible answers.

True talk
Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by ooman(m): 9:53am On Sep 22, 2014
redsun:

I wish you can stop sharing religious stuff with me, I have moved on to sexuality section now and I love it there.
Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by Nobody: 10:06am On Sep 22, 2014
redsun:

exactly, Nigerians would rather pray against malaria than to clean their environments and free themselves of mosquito.
just like Liberians have been fasting and praying against ebola, instead of funding their health institutions in research to treat victims and curtain the spread of the disease. religion is a curse to Africa.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Archbishop Jude Okolo Becomes Apostolic Nuncio To Czech Republic / Beware Of The "Mixed Multitude" In Churches / Cardinal Keith O'brien Resigns As Archbishop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.