Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,637 members, 7,809,391 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:42 AM

Speaking In Tongues - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Speaking In Tongues (2712 Views)

Are You Fully Conscious When Speaking In Tongues? / Speaking In Tongues Medical Study Proves Holy Spirit Praying / Speaking In Tongues: What's That All About? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Speaking In Tongues by misright(f): 10:25am On Nov 28, 2007
Okay, my dad, myself, brothers and sister, our entire family , we're all Christian. Never once have we spoken in tongues.

So what's the problem? Why haven't we spoken in tongues yet?
Re: Speaking In Tongues by dankmen208(m): 10:30am On Nov 28, 2007
I do when the situation arises(Devil Chassing u(me))
Re: Speaking In Tongues by dafidixone(m): 10:39am On Nov 28, 2007
Okay, my dad, myself, brothers and sister, our entire family , we're all Christian. Never once have we spoken in tongues.

Speaking in tongue is not by choice in all sincererity. Being Christian does not guarantee heaven like be in Christ. Speaking in tonques is through manifestation of Holy Spirit. May be you thinking will be that Many speak in fake tongue. That may not be impossible. But your relationship with God is more important than exposing the fake people.

Shallom!
Re: Speaking In Tongues by cgift(m): 11:39am On Nov 28, 2007
misright:

Its a gift not by force. Its actually one of the numerous signs given to people around to know that the Holy Spirit just came into someone's life.

Not all have it but youcan crave it. Crave it not only while in church but at home during prayers. Some people I know got it while praying at home alone. Some in gatherings, some through their dreams etc.

Your desitre for it is holy as the bible says, covet spiritual gifts but note that there are more important gifts that would rather edify the others unlike speaking in tongues. Speaking in toungues become very useful if their one around or the same person who can interprete the tongues being spoken.

I hopei have not confused you more sha!
Re: Speaking In Tongues by olabowale(m): 12:22am On Nov 29, 2007
@Cgift: I love to play with you. You aint gonna speak in tongue, no way
no how, even if you get in on the shelf. You are too playful, even as a christian!
Re: Speaking In Tongues by IDINRETE: 5:16pm On Nov 29, 2007
LEBRO SHKA MA RUGABA SKELLEBOOBO ANPAN ENDILIBO ILABA ILOBO MAN GARABVUSHA KATRA BA BU JAKARIMANDORI AMMAMMMA  MAAAA YHKESRISPA YAKBU KAQTIJA DOKE YAMNIBDLGUUBABBBA  REBOO
YEHEPPARIPA IMOLE  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

i feel good
Re: Speaking In Tongues by Nobody: 5:24pm On Nov 29, 2007
IDINRETE:

LEBRO SHKA MA RUGABA SKELLEBOOBO ANPAN ENDILIBO ILABA ILOBO MAN GARABVUSHA KATRA BA BU JAKARIMANDORI AMMAMMMA  MAAAA YHKESRISPA YAKBU KAQTIJA DOKE YAMNIBDLGUUBABBBA  REBOO
YEHEPPARIPA IMOLE  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

i feel good

omo na mental case grin grin grin
Any ambulance there grin
Re: Speaking In Tongues by babs787(m): 9:27pm On Nov 29, 2007
Insert Quote
LEBRO SHKA MA RUGABA SKELLEBOOBO ANPAN ENDILIBO ILABA ILOBO MAN GARABVUSHA KATRA BA BU JAKARIMANDORI AMMAMMMA MAAAA YHKESRISPA YAKBU KAQTIJA DOKE YAMNIBDLGUUBABBBA REBOO
YEHEPPARIPA IMOLE

You dey go shrine very well ooooooo. grin grin
Re: Speaking In Tongues by Nobody: 7:53am On Nov 30, 2007
babs787:

Salam babs787

long time o.

The guy de visit Okija shrine well well grin
Re: Speaking In Tongues by cgift(m): 11:40am On Nov 30, 2007
all these slaves of allah! What is it you wont do to discrdit christianity. You only make a fool of yourselves b decrying what you do not understand.

There is no spirituality in ISlam, no depths nothing. Just get yourselves off this thread you slaves of Mohammad practising a religion without substance .
Re: Speaking In Tongues by olabowale(m): 12:04pm On Nov 30, 2007
@Cgift: You are wrong, as usual to assume that Islam has no spirituality. If you want to talk about
spirituality, then define what it means to you and cross reference it with any dictionary of your choice.

Then ask any Muslim in Ikorodu, what spirituality means to him. You should use the essence of what
you find in the dictionary to quiz this muslim. It should be a surprise to you, but not to any muslim
that Islam is more spiritually founded that Christianity. In the first place, the Christians have more
deviant actions, that are contrary to true and sincere spiritualizm! You do not belief nor do you clearly
and directly worship the Supreme, which is One God. He is indivisible in all defination of divisibility!

Finally, Muhammad (as), is also a slave of Allah. He was a slave just like any Muslim, male or female,
young or old. Except that Muhammad, is the chief of the slaves!
Re: Speaking In Tongues by Dios(f): 2:05pm On Nov 30, 2007
cgift:

all these slaves of allah! What is it you wont do to discrdit christianity. You only make a fool of yourselves b decrying what you do not understand.

There is no spirituality in ISlam, no depths nothing. Just get yourselves off this thread you slaves of Mohammad practising a religion without substance .
olabowale:

@Cgift: You are wrong, as usual to assume that Islam has no spirituality. If you want to talk about
spirituality, then define what it means to you and cross reference it with any dictionary of your choice.

Then ask any Muslim in Ikorodu, what spirituality means to him. You should use the essence of what
you find in the dictionary to quiz this muslim. It should be a surprise to you, but not to any muslim
that Islam is more spiritually founded that Christianity. In the first place, the Christians have more
deviant actions, that are contrary to true and sincere spiritualizm! You do not belief nor do you clearly
and directly worship the Supreme, which is One God. He is indivisible in all defination of divisibility!

Finally, Muhammad (as), is also a slave of Allah. He was a slave just like any Muslim, male or female,
young or old. Except that Muhammad, is the chief of the slaves!

Slaves' of allah, Slaves of jesus, same sh#t, different smell. Africans broke the physical shackles of slavery but most can't seem to realise they are still mentally shackled by religion.
Re: Speaking In Tongues by olabowale(m): 2:29pm On Nov 30, 2007
@Dios: I guess you make yourself, then, without a Creator. Indeed you make everything.
Or are you an accidental occurence? Then what instigate the accident? Just because the
African went through slavery, does not necessarily mean that everything that is slavery
is bad. As long as that slavery is not to man. As a reminder, Jesus was a man. Just like
every man and he was a slave too. However Allah means 'The God.' there can never be
but just One of Him.
Re: Speaking In Tongues by Dios(f): 2:55pm On Nov 30, 2007
olabowale:

@Dios: I guess you make yourself, then, without a Creator. Indeed you make everything.
Or are you an accidental occurence? Then what instigate the accident? Just because the
African went through slavery, does not necessarily mean that everything that is slavery
is bad. As long as that slavery is not to man. As a reminder, Jesus was a man. Just like
every man and he was a slave too. However Allah means 'The God.' there can never be
but just One of Him.

"JUST BECAUSE THE AFRICAN WENT THROUGH SLAVERY,DOES NOT NECESSARILY MEAN THAT EVERYTHING THAT IS SLAVERY IS BAD" what kind of retarded logic is that. Tell me ONE THING about slavery that's good.

So because i don't believe in the god of the arabs or the hebrews/caucasians you think I don't believe in a creator!!!!!
YOU ARE THE PERFECT EXAMPLE OF A MENTALLY ENSLAVED AFRICAN. shocked
Re: Speaking In Tongues by dafidixone(m): 4:22pm On Nov 30, 2007
Are Muslim(Imale) Speak in Tongue too? grin
Re: Speaking In Tongues by Kobojunkie: 5:17pm On Nov 30, 2007
misright:

No Where do you read that all will speak in tongues. No one has all the gifts but do the best with the gifts (talents) you have been given and do not focus on that which you do not have.
Re: Speaking In Tongues by IDINRETE: 5:44pm On Nov 30, 2007
babs787:

forgetting our religious differences men! nairalanders we are the best

shiro bobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobo
Re: Speaking In Tongues by FufuKing1(m): 6:34pm On Nov 30, 2007
I believe the speaking of tongues is, for the most part, a huge farce.
Re: Speaking In Tongues by IDINRETE: 6:46pm On Nov 30, 2007
who says! you should have been there on the day of pentecost can you imagine a jewish speaking yoruba or english or ethiopian or arabic then, the people were astonished that they heard the apostles speaking in the people's own native dialects,  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

what you have then and now was and is gibberish and nonsensical invocations, 

please decode this, raka mmmaaaaammmmaaa sleboobobobo rababababababaabababababab  hilaspokare maka shaka rabababaababab boboboboboboboobobo  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

give me  Russian language any time any day  please grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Speaking In Tongues by babs787(m): 8:10pm On Nov 30, 2007
forgetting our religious differences men! nairalanders we are the best

shiro bobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobo bo

grin grin grin

My first experience happened when I was young.
I attended a church and during prayer session, people begin speak in tongue, different languages. I thought that if one is speaking, there should be another one that would be able to interprete but omo na lie, all just dey speak diferent grammar.

T cap it all, some began to fall and some started rolling on the floor that they have received the holy spirit and its controlling them.

I looked left and right saw nearly everybody speaking in tongues while some were busy rolling on the floor as a result of receiving the spirit.

Shame catch me when I noticed that nothing has happened to me, I tried speaking in tongue, no way, try to nack my sef for ground, no way.

It reminded me of a guy who lived very close to my cousin's. The guy according to that my cousin be real fornicator, smoker etc and a member of christ embassy.

The guy said that if you are a new member and you enter that church, they would ask if you would like to receive the holy spirit and if you said yes, you would have the ability to speak in tongue.

This guy, anytime they are discussing anything different from church, be it football, religion, politics etc, they guy go begin speak in tongue despite the fact that he never prayer before receiving such.

U go dey hear heli heli, shakbra bomo rakiel. Sokolokobangoshe etc
Re: Speaking In Tongues by mrpataki(m): 8:43pm On Nov 30, 2007
No point exerting energy on trying to explain the understanding of speaking in tongues when your mind does not want to understand.
Re: Speaking In Tongues by babs787(m): 8:57pm On Nov 30, 2007
Try explain grin
Re: Speaking In Tongues by Kobojunkie: 9:08pm On Nov 30, 2007
mrpataki:

No point exerting energy on trying to explain the understanding of speaking in tongues when your mind does not want to understand.

smiley
Re: Speaking In Tongues by Nobody: 10:10am On Dec 01, 2007
IDINRETE:

shiro bobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobo

Make i come learn from you Idinrete. grin
Re: Speaking In Tongues by babs787(m): 2:37pm On Dec 01, 2007
Me sef go join o. Idinrete should please call on me when the lecture is commencing. grin grin
Re: Speaking In Tongues by olabowale(m): 3:07pm On Dec 01, 2007
@Dios; When I mentioned slavery, you assumed the one imposed by one man against his weaker man.
However if you look at it, from that perspective alone, the blacks who are the result of slavery, helped
the African achieved independence, in their initial efforts and contributions. It is because of their presence
in the Americas that have made it easy for African black and brown people to be tolerated and even accepted,
eg in the USA. I do not know yor hue, but I know Black America has been very good for my being here.

They are the first to look at me, by an large the first to support me, because we share the same heritage
however remote. I went through the period of open discriminations of the 70 and the very early 80 in West Virginia
where would I have been in some terrible situations, except the support of my African American brothers in School!

Now tell me your bad experience and the lack of any good in the long run about Slavery. Afterall, the Blacks are
accepting Islam more than any indigenous group in America.

JUST BECAUSE THE AFRICAN WENT THROUGH SLAVERY,DOES NOT NECESSARILY MEAN THAT EVERYTHING THAT IS SLAVERY IS BAD" what kind of retarded logic is that. Tell me ONE THING about slavery that's good. (The Blacks of America helped in bringing about wind of Independence on African nations. Did you forget Randall Robinson of "TransAfrican,' organisation, almost single handedly brought a death on Apartheid of SOuth Africa? You asked for one and I already gave you two. Then it is theer presence that has made Islam a known comodity and their presence has made it easy for me, a Black African to easily find people who look like me and make friends among them as supporting platform.

So because i don't believe in the god of the arabs or the hebrews/caucasians you think I don't believe in a creator!!!!!
YOU ARE THE PERFECT EXAMPLE OF A MENTALLY ENSLAVED AFRICAN. (There is no God of the Arabs in Islam. Allah is not an Arab. Your response and assuption is wrong. I have no slavery mentality in me. None whatsoever)
Re: Speaking In Tongues by Dios(f): 4:51am On Dec 02, 2007
olabowale:

@Dios; When I mentioned slavery, you assumed the one imposed by one man against his weaker man.
However if you look at it, from that perspective alone, the blacks who are the result of slavery, helped
the African achieved independence, in their initial efforts and contributions. It is because of their presence
in the Americas that have made it easy for African black and brown people to be tolerated and even accepted,
eg in the USA. I do not know yor hue, but I know Black America has been very good for my being here.

They are the first to look at me, by an large the first to support me, because we share the same heritage
however remote. I went through the period of open discriminations of the 70 and the very early 80 in West Virginia
where would I have been in some terrible situations, except the support of my African American brothers in School!

Now tell me your bad experience and the lack of any good in the long run about Slavery. Afterall, the Blacks are
accepting Islam more than any indigenous group in America.

If not for slave trade and it's bastard child colonisation, Africa would have developed at the same rate as europe and you,me and everybody else would been in Africa enjoying the same wealth slavery paid for in the US. If Africans had not being so friendly and trusting, the stinking arabs wouldn't call themselves Egyptians, Libyan, Moroccans etc today. But thats the past.
The annoying thing is history keeps repeating itself and YOU KEEP HAVING ORGASMS WHEN THAT PSYCHO MOHAMMED IS MENTIONED. You say at least Africans are tolerated and "EVEN ACCEPTED", do you feel inferior or something?
I'm not going to keep going back and forth because "you can't teach an old dog new tricks" and you're obviously old and probably going senile.
Re: Speaking In Tongues by olabowale(m): 6:29am On Dec 02, 2007
@Dios: True an older than you. But no old. At least not yet. I don't have orgasm, unless
I am in sexual relationship. Unlike you who wets your pant, uncontrollably. The bush of
Texas fits you to a t. Are you in one of the Gallerias or in the hood? I believe you are in
the hood. You forgot that before the slavery of the Africnas by White European/the yanks,
Egyptians enslaved your lord's tribe the Children of Israel. How about it?

I don't wanna be personal with you. Its late and I have better thing to do than to argue with
a man who took another man for a God, whereby he ignores his true Creator! You belong to
whatever you belong. If I am senile, then all my associates are having a fantastic and enjoyable
nightmares! To borrow from late Governor Ann Richards of Texas to Bush Sr, during the Dem.
convention of gone by era; You can help yourself, you have a silver foot stuck in your mouth.

I roll my eyes. I hiss with my lips! lol.
Re: Speaking In Tongues by Kobojunkie: 6:33am On Dec 02, 2007
The scariest thing of all is that the two of you are actually adults, at least 18 years of age or older. See Logic, see Reasoning!!! MY GOSH!!!, LMAO!!!!
Re: Speaking In Tongues by Dios(f): 2:16pm On Dec 02, 2007
olabowale:

@Dios: True an older than you. But no old. At least not yet. I don't have orgasm, unless
I am in sexual relationship. Unlike you who wets your pant, uncontrollably. The bush of
Texas fits you to a t. Are you in one of the Gallerias or in the hood? I believe you are in
the hood. You forgot that before the slavery of the Africnas by White European/the yanks,
Egyptians enslaved your lord's tribe the Children of Israel. How about it?

I don't want to be personal with you. Its late and I have better thing to do than to argue with
a man who took another man for a God, whereby he ignores his true Creator! You belong to
whatever you belong. If I am senile, then all my associates are having a fantastic and enjoyable
nightmares! To borrow from late Governor Ann Richards of Texas to Bush Sr, during the Dem.
convention of gone by era; You can help yourself, you have a silver foot stuck in your mouth.

I roll my eyes. I hiss with my lips! lol.

Gallerias, hoods, "bush of Texas", what the hell are you smoking? All you did was pound on the keyboard and "try" to make sense and you failed.
If  the ancient  Egyptians(Black Africans) made slaves out of the isrealites, good for them, I couldn't care less. And I'm not a christian you slowpoke.
WHAT'S A FANTASTIC AND ENJOYABBLE NIGHTMARE?
kill yourself and go get your 72 virgins and share them with the pervert mohammed.
I'VE ALWAYS WONDERED. WHAT HAPPENS AFTER YOU DISVIRGIN THE 72? DO YOU GET ANOTHER 72? DAMNED PERVERTED, SEXUALLY REPRESSED PSYCHOS.

Kobojunkie:

The scariest thing of all is that the two of you are actually adults, at least 18 years of age or older. See Logic, see Reasoning!!! MY GOSH!!!, LMAO!!!!

Go read you bible or something, shut the f#ck up.
Re: Speaking In Tongues by olabowale(m): 3:21pm On Dec 02, 2007
Dios: There is not reason to use Fing words. I don't need to read the Bible. That your Book. I
already left that to your care, Mr Texas Ranger!

Bo timi mole o, Ole panu mi de! Tell me whats new! InshaAllah, I will get all the reward of
doing good, directly, from my One God. My question is this, who is goping to reward you out of
your three goheads?

1) The father, if His intended reward is independent from what the other two intend? I am applying
this logic in the same way that you still have full God the Father, when the God the Son died, for
the inaccurately calculated 3 days.

2) What will the Holy spirit/ghost give you, since he was just the persive/bystander part of the 3
godheads? You are not sure of his reward? Take a guess. Omo 9ja!

3) We already know what you hope to get from God the son, who reluctantly, because he was boxed
in, take your place in spiritual death. My last question is this, what will Hitler and all the religion leaders
in Christianity of Germany/Austria, expect to get? ma bi nu o. Don vex, my brother. We are still 9ja men.
Re: Speaking In Tongues by olabowale(m): 3:25pm On Dec 02, 2007
@Dios: Since you are not even a Christian, i guess you lose, evn by Christian standard.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Most Celebrated Pastors Are Fake —cleric / Is There Something Wrong With These Comments? / Sending people home from church for indecent dressing.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.