Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,429 members, 7,815,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:27 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1034) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4399705 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1031) (1032) (1033) (1034) (1035) (1036) (1037) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by wholesomegrace: 12:26pm On Jul 25, 2017
enque:

done...need u t respond so i can do a proper msg

I have responded to you
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by blackFTM: 12:41pm On Jul 25, 2017
Thank you so much mamas.I will take him to general hospitals gbagada first thing tomorrow morning since there seems not to be any general hospital in Ajah. Thanks so much for the quick respond. I will stop the Dustin powder. I currently use cacatin cream
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 12:49pm On Jul 25, 2017
Hello mums, how are we and how are our adorables. Please I need suggestions. I m looking for a place to enroll my 3yr old this summer. I dont want academics, strictly vocational. Arts and crafts, music,etc. Around Okota. Any ideas pls.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 12:54pm On Jul 25, 2017
Benignasweety:
This iron supplements, is it in form of a medication? Can I start giving my baby at 2months even as he is on ebf?
No pls. Ur 2 months old will get all he needs via BM.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jul 25, 2017
Wow I didn't know. It's because of those white stuffs caused by breastmilk that's why I do clean it everyday. Thanks ma'am!
feddy27:

Why do you want to clean it These babies have self cleansing mouths. Don't stress the baby for now. it's not necessary.

If you must clean it, soak her washcloth in warm water and use it.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jul 25, 2017
Thanks ma'am! She's on breastmilk. I thought it will cause odour like if an adult don't brush
Coldfeet:
It is soft enough but I don't feel it's that necessary to clean a babys mouth till its "cleaned"
My take is your lo is still on breast milk and formula? The white stuff you see in your baby's mouth is not plaque and doesn't cause mouth odour to warrant a thorough clean.

If you feel the need to clean her mouth it's best to do every now and then till she gets her first tooth.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by fruitfulhome: 1:32pm On Jul 25, 2017
I guess this is the Nigerian diapers. Although I'm using it with molfix size 2. But i must attest, this pampers is good. No issues too

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 2:08pm On Jul 25, 2017
enque:

checked out that dr ross online and they have just 2 sizes - newborn and small.
what size r u guys on?
medium 4-9kg they have larger sizes too
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 2:17pm On Jul 25, 2017
queensnow:
medium 4-9kg they have larger sizes too

we don pass 9kg grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 2:20pm On Jul 25, 2017
enque:

we don pass 9kg grin

Go for size 4, that is what we also use now grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 2:24pm On Jul 25, 2017
Akorkor:

Go for size 4, that is what we also use now grin

yeah I know, was referring to the dr ross diapers queensnow was talking about
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Coldfeet(f): 2:26pm On Jul 25, 2017
blackFTM:
Thank you so much mamas.I will take him to general hospitals gbagada first thing tomorrow morning since there seems not to be any general hospital in Ajah. Thanks so much for the quick respond. I will stop the Dustin powder. I currently use cacatin cream
You may try Kizito at jakande first gate! They are very good.

What kind of insect bite him? Did you see it? The rash I'm seeing looks like the very rampant skin conditions many mamas has complained about that has pus in it and itches when lo sweats and it's also very painful to burst.

However if you are certain it's due to the insect bite then please go to a hospital asap.

Additionally there's a general Hospital at ibeju lekki and Lagos island​.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jul 25, 2017
crystalzoe:

Congrats ma'am! Really proud of you.
The Lord will satisfy u early in Jesus name.
Thanks alot ma.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by blackFTM: 2:45pm On Jul 25, 2017
Coldfeet:
You may try Kizito at jakande first gate! They are very good.

What kind of insect bite him? Did you see it? The rash I'm seeing looks like the very rampant skin conditions many mamas has complained about that has pus in it and itches when lo sweats and it's also very painful to burst.

However if you are certain it's due to the insect bite then please go to a hospital asap.

Additionally there's a general Hospital at ibeju lekki and Lagos island​.

Please is Kizito at jakande first gate a general hospital. I live around awoyaya ajah lekki epe.....and also how to get to the one at ibeju lekki. please can I get direction on how to take public transport because I am new in this area. Thank you so much.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Coldfeet(f): 2:55pm On Jul 25, 2017
blackFTM:

Please is Kizito at jakande first gate a general hospital. I live around awoyaya ajah lekki epe.....please can I get direction on how to take public transport because I am new in this area. Thank you so much.

No it's a Catholic misson hospital. Get to ajah from awoyaya and enter any bus either CMS or obalende, tell the conductor you are dropping at jakande first gate! Take the pedestrian bridge to cross over then ask anybody on how to locate kisito it's very popular.

However I think the general Hospital Akodo (if I'm right ) is closer to you than kisito.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by blackFTM: 2:58pm On Jul 25, 2017
Coldfeet:

No it's a Catholic misson hospital. Get to ajah from awoyaya and enter any bus either CMS or obalende, tell the conductor you are dropping at jakande first gate! Take the pedestrian bridge to cross over then ask anybody on how to locate kisito it's very popular.

However I think the general Hospital Akodo (if I'm right ) is closer to you than kisito.

Thank you so much for your response. I think I would prefer the general hospital akodo but I don't know how to get there....please help me with directions. Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jul 25, 2017
tchiwinnie:
No pls. Ur 2 months old will get all he needs via BM.
alryt.. Me was asking sha cuz even if I no get, I wan mek may my Zizi be like other babies abeg. I no wan lag begin rara o

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Coldfeet(f): 3:22pm On Jul 25, 2017
blackFTM:

Thank you so much for your response. I think I would prefer the general hospital akodo but I don't know how to get there....please help me with directions. Thanks
From awoyaya take a bus to epe or eleko which ever one you get! Ask for directions to the general Hospital it's on number 4-6 Lagos road.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by blackFTM: 3:32pm On Jul 25, 2017
Coldfeet:
From awoyaya take a bus to epe or eleko which ever one you get! Ask for directions to the general Hospital it's on number 4-6 Lagos road.

Thank you so much ma

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by spiceeamiee(f): 3:53pm On Jul 25, 2017
Which one is smoothie cream? My dd is getting dark and I don't know if it's the Shea butter and coconut oil that's making her so although her ears were dark from birth so my mom said she is going to be dark (like her father). There goes my hope of having an oyinbo daughter like me cry cry

Benignasweety:
Smoothie cream to my rescue... I have dropped coconut oil and shea butter unto Smoothie full time, works just fine for me.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jul 25, 2017
spiceeamiee:
Which one is smoothie cream? My dd is getting dark and I don't know if it's the Shea butter and coconut oil that's making her so although her ears were dark from birth so my mom said she is going to be dark (like her father). There goes my hope of having an oyinbo daughter like me cry cry

E dey be like normal adult cream but it clears most skin palavers in babies and u can use it as their normal body cream. They get some wey dey lighten sha. Me am using Precious smoothie cream, they sell it in health centers the small ones but I went for the big size sha.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by eniedo92(f): 4:33pm On Jul 25, 2017
Pls mummy in the house am new here I want to take my baby for immunization tmrrw for 6weeks inj pls am buying paracetamol syrup or drop thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 4:33pm On Jul 25, 2017
enque:

we don pass 9kg grin
that mean u will get large or extra large
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by eniedo92(f): 4:34pm On Jul 25, 2017
Pls my baby does nt sleep much during the day and at night he will stay awake all night and he just 1month and 10days old is it normal ....pls help me
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 5:20pm On Jul 25, 2017
eniedo92:
Pls mummy in the house am new here I want to take my baby for immunization tmrrw for 6weeks inj pls am buying paracetamol syrup or drop thanks
Drops
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 5:30pm On Jul 25, 2017
I'm feeling so proud of myself right now, my baby just learnt to flip over embarassed cheesy

12 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 5:42pm On Jul 25, 2017
eniedo92:
Pls my baby does nt sleep much during the day and at night he will stay awake all night and he just 1month and 10days old is it normal ....pls help me

Yes its normal thats why mama here call it Vigilante. Very soon your baby will adjust. Feed your LO more. God bless

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lululuv(f): 7:57pm On Jul 25, 2017
Please Sabi mama's when can a mum start eating every normal food, we are 3weeks plus. I so much miss cold tins and cold bath, i just feel everything about me has changed.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helovesme(f): 8:03pm On Jul 25, 2017
eolowu1:
Happy Sunday my ppl, long tym. My boy of 11m is suffering frm cough o accompanied with phlegm and at times weneva he coughs he will vomit I guess it's d phlegm cos he will try to swallow it which will den make him vomit at time he chews d phlegm,
pls my e-mothers help me chuk mouth, he has catarrh too. Pls wot can I use to stop dis cough I dey feel for him anytime he's coughing

Take him to the hospital. It is possible he's got a chest infection.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 8:28pm On Jul 25, 2017
lululuv:
Please Sabi mama's when can a mum start eating every normal food, we are 3weeks plus. I so much miss cold tins and cold bath, i just feel everything about me has changed.
I never stopped, there's no need for all that, biko eat your cold things

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by blackFTM: 8:41pm On Jul 25, 2017
Giddyperson:
I'm feeling so proud of myself right now, my baby just learnt to flip over embarassed cheesy

I know that feeling...I couldn't wait too....when he turned Eyahhh! I was the happiest mother....unfortunately two nights he fell from the bed when turning....I almost cried too....but just bought a mat for him

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Misstolaly(f): 8:46pm On Jul 25, 2017
Evening Moms, I've been following this thread for quite sometime. I'm a FTM to a lovely baby girl. This thread is really informative and I've gotten so many helpful tips. Wishing us all a lovely evening.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1031) (1032) (1033) (1034) (1035) (1036) (1037) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.