Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1234) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4411075 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1231) (1232) (1233) (1234) (1235) (1236) (1237) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 5:45pm On Oct 25, 2017
I wish it was possible to search with keywords on only one thread. Sabi mamas have described this procedure tire.
1. Don't be scared. Gear actually makes you make mistakes. Gather your mind well
2. You're not incompetent, hugs
Get a bucket of hot steaming water, put 2 drops of eucalyptus oil in it and sit on a stool in front of it. Carry your baby firmly on your lap, get your husband to cover both of you with a big sheet. You sef you'll feel the steam entering your respiratory system

goodfortun:
Congratulations to the New moms. May God continually keep watch over our babies amen.

I need help! Bobo developed cough and cataarh last night and he's having a miserable time of it. We went to the hospital and were given vit c and piriton; however he's no better. Pls help! I'm scared of hot water and baby but at this rate I've got no choice. How do I go bout it??

I feel pretty incompetent esp cos grandma has been around from birth till 7 weeks and the boy scarcely developed an itch. Now within a couple days of me alone with him, he's fallen ill. sad He's just 7weeks and 5 days. He's not sleeping well at all. Help!!!

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by myrygurl: 5:46pm On Oct 25, 2017
queenhecate:
I have a tip I want to share.

When your baby has cataarrh, I mean that thick one that blocks the nostrils, do this: be watchful for that time they will sneeze which is often and usually comes in twos or threes, when the sneeze is about to land grin, quickly use one finger to press down one nostril and see how all the nyamanyama gunk will ooze out of the other nostril leaving her airways clear. My mum taught me this.

I took it a step further and will carry the baby and tickle her nose with a cotton bud and wait for the sneeze. The mucus that will come out ehhhhh. No be small thing and me nko, I find it very satisfying cheesy grin grin

Try it and see

Modified: I want to add something. You wait until the sneeze hits halfway before closing one nostril. If you block it before it reach ground, the sneeze will just disappear. There is a knack to it grin grin

goodfortun u can try this for the catarrh and see..

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by temmy2103(f): 5:48pm On Oct 25, 2017
kelizosuy:
Lol... Abeg is Adele too small for that because that's what the Dr advised me to do when I was having that headache and since then e Don dey turn habit ni. grin grin

She's not too small as long as you do it right. Started before we left hospital
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by yseries: 5:55pm On Oct 25, 2017
amypearl:

I think it's 1yr, nt too sure, but garki hospital has most vaccines, that's where my son takes his and so far they have every vaccine. U can get there and ask

Thanks ma'am
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 5:55pm On Oct 25, 2017
Burntcoal:

Infact I'm nt getting myself anymore. I'm opening my maut to breathe nw. I can't sleep cos dd won't sleep in her cot and she is kicking my belly too playfully. I just need three hours sleep. is dat too much to ask

Are you in Abuja?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 5:58pm On Oct 25, 2017
I can also testify to d bobby 4 mouth tin although we have to join it sumtimes wit backing!Try it n c how far it goes!
Giddyperson
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 5:59pm On Oct 25, 2017
Tnks love!
Naomi14:
If the rash is caused by the allergy, I guess it will clear off once you stop giving him what he is allergic to.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by yseries: 5:59pm On Oct 25, 2017
jazzyjazz:

It's from 12 - 15 months
Limi hospital administers it but I don't know how much (I don't pay for immunizations because I use an HMO

Thanks ma'am
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by yseries: 5:59pm On Oct 25, 2017
Jina24:

Please quote me when you get where it is taken in Abuja and the price.

Ok , I will
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kelizosuy(f): 6:00pm On Oct 25, 2017
Ok thanks
temmy2103:

She's not too small as long as you do it right. Started before we left hospital
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Burntcoal(f): 6:00pm On Oct 25, 2017
jazzyjazz:

Are you in Abuja?
no ma. im in ogbomosho
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Pinkstrawberry: 6:06pm On Oct 25, 2017
You can get the MMR vaccine at Federal Health Medical centre Jabi it costs about 5,500
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 6:24pm On Oct 25, 2017
Burntcoal:
no ma. im in ogbomosho

Okay
I wanted to offer to help babysit your baby while you sleep but I'm in Abuja
Pele

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by temmy2103(f): 6:32pm On Oct 25, 2017
kelizosuy:
Ok thanks

You're welcome
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 7:06pm On Oct 25, 2017
Evening All,

Giddyperson happy belated birthday....
Zaynie, happy birthday to atinuke, shes so cute.

I have a question...

Is a High feeding chair a luxury or necessity? I feel like I should get one now that my Dd is almost one. So she can use it for mealtimes and for TV times (the TV is hung up and she has to stand in her playpen to watch for now)

Alphahandmaiden
All mamas

Sansa143 sorry I was so busy today, cldnt respond to ur question early enough. Hope u r gud now?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MamaOO: 7:45pm On Oct 25, 2017
enque:
Evening All,

I have a question...

Is a High feeding chair a luxury or necessity? I feel like I should get one now that my Dd is almost one. So she can use it for mealtimes and for TV times (the TV is hung up and she has to stand in her playpen to watch for now)

Alphahandmaiden
All mamas

Sansa143 sorry I was so busy today, cldnt respond to ur question early enough. Hope u r gud now?
For me and my situation, its a necessity. My son has started feeding himself finger foods and also trying to use a spoon, so putting him in a high chair curbs all the mess associated with that. I put snacks and finger foods on the tray of his highchair and he sits there peacefully feeding himself and watching TV.

When I'm cooking, and don't want him afoot, I put him in his chair and he can watch me cook and also watch TV at the same time. I even use the highchair to "arrest him" atimes because that's the only place he would sit without fussing or running around. Infact, I have three sef, I have the standalone Graco and the Fischer Price you strap to a dinning chair and the Bumbo seat(I used this when he was smaller). They all served me beautifully
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 7:47pm On Oct 25, 2017
MamaOO:

For me and my situation, its a necessity. My son has started feeding himself finger foods and also trying to use a spoon, so putting him in a high chair curbs all the mess associated with that. I put snacks and finger foods on the tray of his highchair and he sits there peacefully feeding himself and watching TV.

When I'm cooking, and don't want him afoot, I put him in his chair and he can watch me cook and also watch TV at the same time. I even use the highchair to "arrest him" atimes because that's the only place he would sit without fussing or running around. Infact, I have three sef, I have the standalone Graco and the Fischer Price you strap to a dinning chair and the Bumbo seat(I used this when he was smaller). They all served me beautifully

3 fa!!! grin
Thanks ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by betty1983(f): 8:08pm On Oct 25, 2017
zaynie:

You're my number 10 kiss

Thanks so much Zaynie. I really appreciate

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by imurboss: 8:09pm On Oct 25, 2017
[quote author=jazzyjazz post=61734560][/quote

OK ,thanks. Pls how much did you get it
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 8:12pm On Oct 25, 2017
Chei you're sweet oh. I'll make sure I buzz next time I'm in your town so you can spoil me

jazzyjazz:

Okay
I wanted to offer to help babysit your baby while you sleep but I'm in Abuja
Pele
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by yseries: 8:13pm On Oct 25, 2017
Pinkstrawberry:
You can get the MMR vaccine at Federal Health Medical centre Jabi it costs about 5,500

Thanks ma'am

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by yseries: 8:13pm On Oct 25, 2017
hunniesuzie:
Chei you're sweet oh. I'll make sure I buzz next time I'm in your town so you can spoil me

Lol
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 8:19pm On Oct 25, 2017
LadySarah:
If you at this stage hace not been breastfeeding while lying down,then you are the real mom.
biko just lie by her side,put the breast in her mouth and off to slumberland.
no child of mine will i sit down to breastfeed at night when i need my precious sleep.I do this from the day of birth.
As in ehhh... na d way forward.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 8:25pm On Oct 25, 2017
Benignasweety:
As in ehhh... na d way forward.

Check your whatsapp before I E-wooz your face. cheesy cheesy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MamaOO: 8:48pm On Oct 25, 2017
enque:

3 fa!!! grin
Thanks ma
cheesy I got them from my baby shower. Lol
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 8:54pm On Oct 25, 2017
hunniesuzie:
tongue tongue tongue tongue

Lol, I started doing it when work resumed, my baby was 3 months old. I can confirm that none of those things have ever happened [s]Except of course your boobs are the H cup type in which case I may not have any advice for you[/s] . In fact, my baby is so used to it that before he opens his eyes he first turns his head to either side looking for brezz, then waves his hands in the air trying to touch me, then cries a little bit - all of this with his eyes tightly shut oh! - if that fails then he will open his eyes and look for me/cry

lmao @hcup, I'd start the lying down to breed then, someone cannot come and run mad cheesy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Burntcoal(f): 9:00pm On Oct 25, 2017
jazzyjazz:

Okay I wanted to offer to help babysit your baby while you sleep but I'm in Abuja Pele
God bless u. even dou I can't receive dat offer of kindness
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 9:18pm On Oct 25, 2017
Thank u mama for the recipe will sure dhl ur own wen I cook
jazzyjazz:

Are you in Abuja?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mofy1(f): 9:27pm On Oct 25, 2017
Please mama's I salute. Please what is the best food to give 6month old baby so that the baby can gain weight. thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 9:37pm On Oct 25, 2017
enque:
Evening All,

I have a question...

All mamas

For me its a necessity although i dont use it for TV watching. I had 2 - the bumbo seat like MamaOO which we have outgrown and packed up and the type you strap to the dining chair which we still use everyday and have used since she was 7 months. (she is 23 months now)

It has made meal times bearable as i do not have to carry her everytime to feed. Also one of them came with a toy bar so if i need to do stuff in the kitchen like clear up after meals i can leave her in it for a bit longer and have some peace of mind while she plays there.

Both have a table attachement but we use the main dining table now.

For TV watching my dd seats on the sofas. She can climb them herself as well. The tv is also hung high on the wall but i didnt notice any issues with her watching it.

Personally, I also try to discourage her screen time so i wont really go out of my way to make her too comfy infront of the TV. When i put cartoons for her, after 2 hrs i turn it off into something else because i cannot be dragging remote with i konkolo person!. grin grin grin

She also has her rocker which she still uses (sometimes) because it the infant to toddler one. This is in the living room.

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hernyhorla: 9:47pm On Oct 25, 2017
Giddyperson:
Today is my birthday, a glass of milk of the puppy for everyone in the house, barman put it on my tab cheesy. Happy birthday to Zoe my birthday mate @iomoge2, and happy birthday in advance to Atinuke my almost birthday mate @Zaynie

Happy birthday Giddyperson. May God bless your new age and grant all your heart desires in Jesus name
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 10:20pm On Oct 25, 2017
enque:

no p dear!One mama suggested I try gerber,nutribom n c!We have stopped d cerelac,want to c if it is d culprit(we bought d wheat variant)!Dont knw if u have any suggestion?Want to try august secret n c!

(1) (2) (3) ... (1231) (1232) (1233) (1234) (1235) (1236) (1237) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.