Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,334 members, 7,850,210 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:25 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1305) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4446990 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1302) (1303) (1304) (1305) (1306) (1307) (1308) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kelizosuy(f): 1:13pm On Nov 14, 2017
HWA dear.. Wax longer in love and harmony
hunniesuzie:
Lol, you will adjust. You will knock out on saturdays and sleep very well. Anything that isn't urgent (not directly connected with baby and her things) leave till weekend. Convince your husband to do fitfam so you can be drinking smoothie like enque in the night (I kid grin)

Try to get your baby to adjust her schedule. That has helped me. My baby now wakes up at 4:30 and is asleep by 7:30 latest, so I can have some peace when doing my night chores. The only time you will regret this is weekend when you want to sleep in

Honestly we just power through somehow sha. I wake up at 4, leave home to 6 and get back averagely by 8pm...it is well oh!

So there is light in Ago? How is the traffic? Let me move and come

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 1:26pm On Nov 14, 2017
hunniesuzie:
Lol, you will adjust. You will knock out on saturdays and sleep very well. Anything that isn't urgent (not directly connected with baby and her things) leave till weekend. Convince your husband to do fitfam so you can be drinking smoothie like enque in the night (I kid grin)

Try to get your baby to adjust her schedule. That has helped me. My baby now wakes up at 4:30 and is asleep by 7:30 latest, so I can have some peace when doing my night chores. The only time you will regret this is weekend when you want to sleep in

Honestly we just power through somehow sha. I wake up at 4, leave home to 6 and get back averagely by 8pm...it is well oh!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
u go lose 45kg in 1 week b that
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Graciouscharis: 1:37pm On Nov 14, 2017
hunniesuzie:
That's where they will see you. Thanks dear

Amen, thank you. Kisses to Jay

Happy wedding anniversary. Wish you the best.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 1:43pm On Nov 14, 2017
spiceeamiee:
Come to Ago Palace way. I hate that place but the constant electricity compensates for it. Please working mothers here, how do you do it? How do you cope? Will i really get used to this life? What manner of suffer head is this? I wake up 4;30am everyday and get back 7pm exhausted. On my way back, I am thinking how to pick my baby from creche, wash her things, prepare dinner, arrange the house and do one or two things then when i want to sleep, thats when my baby wants to play and if you dont play with her, cry go start. I have lost 3kg between last week and now because i am always so busy at work to eat and too exhausted to eat when I get back home. Shey na like this I go dey? embarassed embarassed embarassed. I am cranky, irritable and I have been snapping at everyone. Not having enough sleep and rest is messing me up and I want my single life back cry cry cry cry. Please mamas give me tips on how to cope, bikonu before I die from exhaustion

U will need to do a lot of planning to survive o... I resumed work since march and I just had to restrategise in some certain areas.

I cook for the week on saturday,.....so during the week all I have to do is just bring out food from the freezer, heat up and serve. At the end of the month I make 2 different soups and stew for the month, I portion them in bowls and pack up in the freezer so it's easier for me on days when we have to eat eba or rice. U live at ago, utilize the plenty light that NEPA is giving u guys.
I wash Zara's clothes on wednesday night and saturday mornings - This way I don't have so much laundry piled up on weekends. This automatically means that wednesday dinner is eba or rice grin, DH just sorts himself out for that.

My mum helps me with buying of major foodstuff...I text my list and send cash to her plus egunje and I go pick up my property after work. This is once in 2 weeks. All other small small things I need, I buy at d market on my way bk from work. I close 5pm and get home b4 6pm.

Once we get home in the evenings, I first of all feed my daughter and hand her over to her dad...they watch tv, play and then he gets her to sleep. While they are playing, I am prepping dinner for us and afterwards, I wash her plates, cups and every other thing she took to creche..I pack her creche bag for the next day (so that in the morning, all i do is just pack her meals n get her ready for creche).
I try to sleep at 9pm or max 10pm cos I know that anytime from 4am I have to be up and prep for the day.

There are days when I have to beg my husband to eat something as simple as noodles or pap+plantain, as in days when I JUST CAN'T FUNCTION AT OPTIMUM grin

Nne eh, If i start to type...this thread go full.
Just strategise, no b suffer o...na d work wey we dey do!! U will get used to it,if resigning isn't an option for you.

Pele dear...Waa wa alright!

P.s - U need to eat o...U can make ur dinner and take it with you to work, so that U don't keep eating late dinner e follow de cause big belle or u can take smoothies like me, e de sweet and e de belleful smiley

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 1:48pm On Nov 14, 2017
stephmiracle:

Thanks dear. U will also teach me how to make it cos I don't know how to make it oh
Put water in a pot and allow it boil..
Take the quantity of tombrown u need and dissolve it with water.
When you water has boiled, pour the mixed Tombrown to it and kip stirring till you achieve the texture you need...

chikinah.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Damisinto: 2:36pm On Nov 14, 2017
Hello mothers, please I bought gerber rice cereal for supported sitters. Can I give to a 4 months old? I requested for cereal for four months at d store and I was told to go with it. Just want to reconfirm on this platform before feeding him
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 2:37pm On Nov 14, 2017
Damisinto:
Hello mothers, please I bought gerber rice cereal for supported sitters. Can I give to a 4 months old? I requested for cereal for four months at d store and I was told to go with it. Just want to reconfirm on this platform before feeding him

Supported sitters are babies that are not fully sitting well on their own without support.
a 4 month old should fall into that category
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 2:42pm On Nov 14, 2017
Benignasweety:
Put water in a pot and allow it boil..
Take the quantity of tombrown u need and dissolve it with water.
When you water has boiled, pour the mixed Tombrown to it and kip stirring till you achieve the texture you need...

chikinah.

Be sure to place it on the fire to cook for a minute before you feed the baby.

Cc stephmiracle

Tom brown is made like pap. Only difference is after pouring your hot water in the mixture, you have to cook it again on the fire for a minute

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 2:51pm On Nov 14, 2017
enque:

my dd sucks her middle fingers....i started wearing mittens and she sucked it join, for now I give up.
but i noticed she doesn't suck when she is busy, only when she is sleepy or inactive so I try to keep her busy.

She will sha stop sucking one day

I'm curious about how You keep her busy she helps to blend the smoothies abi she plucks ugwu? grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Damisinto: 2:55pm On Nov 14, 2017
hunniesuzie:

We will pull through, the Lord is our strength.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 2:56pm On Nov 14, 2017
babythug:

I'm curious about how You keep her busy she helps to blend the smoothies abi she plucks ugwu? grin cheesy

She has toys which she can play with or cartoons to watch on tv
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 2:58pm On Nov 14, 2017
enque:

She has TOYS which she can play with or CARTOONS TO WATCH ON TV

Why you come dey shout now?? Nor be play I dey play with you!!!!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 3:00pm On Nov 14, 2017
babythug:

u asked a question, I answered....U never actually know who wants to learn from your play
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by stephmiracle: 3:09pm On Nov 14, 2017
jazzyjazz:

Be sure to place it on the fire to cook for a minute before you feed the baby.

Cc stephmiracle

Tom brown is made like pap. Only difference is after pouring your hot water in the mixture, you have to cook it again on the fire for a minute

Thanks dearies @ benignasweety and jazzyjazz
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by spiceeamiee(f): 3:13pm On Nov 14, 2017
Ah! If i know say Na so e b to be a mother ehnn.. Thanks dear. Some major tips you gave. Will have to restrategise.

enque:

U will need to do a lot of planning to survive o... I resumed work since march and I just had to restrategise in some certain areas.

I cook for the week on saturday,.....so during the week all I have to do is just bring out food from the freezer, heat up and serve. At the end of the month I make 2 different soups and stew for the month, I portion them in bowls and pack up in the freezer so it's easier for me on days when we have to eat eba or rice. U live at ago, utilize the plenty light that NEPA is giving u guys.
I wash Zara's clothes on wednesday night and saturday mornings - This way I don't have so much laundry piled up on weekends. This automatically means that wednesday dinner is eba or rice grin, DH just sorts himself out for that.

My mum helps me with buying of major foodstuff...I text my list and send cash to her plus egunje and I go pick up my property after work. This is once in 2 weeks. All other small small things I need, I buy at d market on my way bk from work. I close 5pm and get home b4 6pm.

Once we get home in the evenings, I first of all feed my daughter and hand her over to her dad...they watch tv, play and then he gets her to sleep. While they are playing, I am prepping dinner for us and afterwards, I wash her plates, cups and every other thing she took to creche..I pack her creche bag for the next day (so that in the morning, all i do is just pack her meals n get her ready for creche).
I try to sleep at 9pm or max 10pm cos I know that anytime from 4am I have to be up and prep for the day.

There are days when I have to beg my husband to eat something as simple as noodles or pap+plantain, as in days when I JUST CAN'T FUNCTION AT OPTIMUM grin

Nne eh, If i start to type...this thread go full.
Just strategise, no b suffer o...na d work wey we dey do!! U will get used to it,if resigning isn't an option for you.

Pele dear...Waa wa alright!

P.s - U need to eat o...U can make ur dinner and take it with you to work, so that U don't keep eating late dinner e follow de cause big belle or u can take smoothies like me, e de sweet and e de belleful smiley
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MoyosBlog123: 3:22pm On Nov 14, 2017
Sorry mama, pls where is this ago palace way...I no sabi road grin
enque:

Ago palace way Okota...
my parents house...light no de off
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 3:28pm On Nov 14, 2017
MoyosBlog123:
Sorry mama, pls where is this ago palace way...I no sabi road grin

from oshodi, take a bus going to mile 2, stop at cele bus-stop. Just ask anyone to show u where to get keke going to ago palace way/Okota.
if u r coming from Mile 2, take a bus going to oshodi and stop at cele bus-stop. cross over to the other side of the road and ask anyone to show u where to get keke going to ago palace way/Okota.

It's just 10/15 mins from cele
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jina24(f): 3:36pm On Nov 14, 2017
spiceeamiee:
Come to Ago Palace way. I hate that place but the constant electricity compensates for it. Please working mothers here, how do you do it? How do you cope? Will i really get used to this life? What manner of suffer head is this? I wake up 4;30am everyday and get back 7pm exhausted. On my way back, I am thinking how to pick my baby from creche, wash her things, prepare dinner, arrange the house and do one or two things then when i want to sleep, thats when my baby wants to play and if you dont play with her, cry go start. I have lost 3kg between last week and now because i am always so busy at work to eat and too exhausted to eat when I get back home. Shey na like this I go dey? embarassed embarassed embarassed. I am cranky, irritable and I have been snapping at everyone. Not having enough sleep and rest is messing me up and I want my single life back cry cry cry cry. Please mamas give me tips on how to cope, bikonu before I die from exhaustion

No vex, let me laugh at you small grin grin cheesy cheesy

Well done mama. I want you to know that if others have done it/ doing it, you too can. It might be tough at first but you will definitely adjust and it will easier for you.

What I normally do is that, laundries are done weekend. I cook for the week on Saturdays and if there's a need to cook doing the week its something that won't take time. When i come back from work, I bath my baby first so I can leave her with her father while I do the cooking for the evening, washing her plates/cups etc.

I make sure I involve hubby in some chores( no be two of us born pikin grin).

That aside, please do chores you can, house chores never finishes and please eat eat eat.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 4:18pm On Nov 14, 2017
babythug:

Lol, old woman. Leave Enque alone or quadruplets fall on you tongue cheesy

Errhm, have you helped us to check house for giveaways smiley
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MoyosBlog123: 5:17pm On Nov 14, 2017
Wow. Thanks. Will go and survey first. grin grin
enque:

from oshodi, take a bus going to mile 2, stop at cele bus-stop. Just ask anyone to show u where to get keke going to ago palace way/Okota.
if u r coming from Mile 2, take a bus going to oshodi and stop at cele bus-stop. cross over to the other side of the road and ask anyone to show u where to get keke going to ago palace way/Okota.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 5:19pm On Nov 14, 2017
zaynie:

Lol, old woman. Leave Enque alone or quadruplets fall on you tongue cheesy

Errhm, have you helped us to check house for giveaways smiley

Please oh kosi arugbo ni Ghana wink the girl is still hawt and marketable

As for those quads Biko mind yasef oh before what happened in 1970 will happen again lol

I really have been quite occupied but I know I will participate in the give away soon!

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Yesitsme(f): 5:25pm On Nov 14, 2017
spiceeamiee:
Come to Ago Palace way. I hate that place but the constant electricity compensates for it. Please working mothers here, how do you do it? How do you cope? Will i really get used to this life? What manner of suffer head is this? I wake up 4;30am everyday and get back 7pm exhausted. On my way back, I am thinking how to pick my baby from creche, wash her things, prepare dinner, arrange the house and do one or two things then when i want to sleep, thats when my baby wants to play and if you dont play with her, cry go start. I have lost 3kg between last week and now because i am always so busy at work to eat and too exhausted to eat when I get back home. Shey na like this I go dey? embarassed embarassed embarassed. I am cranky, irritable and I have been snapping at everyone. Not having enough sleep and rest is messing me up and I want my single life back cry cry cry cry. Please mamas give me tips on how to cope, bikonu before I die from exhaustion ,

God won't let u die of exhaustion my dear, others have done it u will do it as well. The steady light at ago no be here, am enjoying it. If u need someone to buy foodstuffs for u and cook..I know someone who will do it at affordable price

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Yesitsme(f): 5:28pm On Nov 14, 2017
enque:

u sabi road well...u stay at ago right? I need friends mbok
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 5:38pm On Nov 14, 2017
Yesitsme:
u sabi road well...u stay at ago right? I need friends mbok

Was living at ago with my parents b4 I got married. I still come around every Sunday to see them since my house no too far from ago lyk Dt grin

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Yesitsme(f): 5:40pm On Nov 14, 2017
enque:

Was living at ago with my parents b4 I got married. I still come around every Sunday to see them since my house no too far from ago lyk Dt grin
OK ooo. U try
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by spiceeamiee(f): 5:51pm On Nov 14, 2017
Thanks ma. Will try to rearrange my schedule because if i continue like this, Na die troway.

There is no traffic in Ago o. Only experiences it when they were working on the road but since then, it's been very free.

hunniesuzie:

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 6:10pm On Nov 14, 2017
Ah, I'm coming next year, you people should not pack oh! grin grin grin

spiceeamiee:
Thanks ma. Will try to rearrange my schedule because if i continue like this, Na die troway.

There is no traffic in Ago o. Only experiences it when they were working on the road but since then, it's been very free.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MoyosBlog123: 6:15pm On Nov 14, 2017
I just hope it's not when we move PHCN will start kasala ooooo. I cannot even boast of 2hrs light where I stay. Money that I ought to use to eat pizza, am burning it on fuel cry
hunniesuzie:

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 6:25pm On Nov 14, 2017
Thanks Mamas

Graciouscharis:

Happy wedding anniversary. Wish you the best.
kelizosuy:
HWA dear.. Wax longer in love and harmony

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Damisinto: 7:50pm On Nov 14, 2017
hunniesuzie:

Wishing u many more years together in good health, wealth and peace of mind. HWA
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by spiceeamiee(f): 8:18pm On Nov 14, 2017
Thank you. I will keep that in mind cos i have a feeling I may be asking you for the person's details soon.

Yesitsme:
God won't let u die of exhaustion my dear, others have done it u will do it as well. The steady light at ago no be here, am enjoying it. If u need someone to buy foodstuffs for u and cook..I know someone who will do it at affordable price
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by spiceeamiee(f): 8:24pm On Nov 14, 2017
Hubby comes home really late but he helps with chores on weekends. He closed on time today and quickly rushed home complaining that he has not gisted with me since I started work because I'm either too tired or cranky to gist. I did not deny it sha cos it's true. Said I can quit work if the stress is too much but mba kwa, other people that did it dinnor have two heads. grin

Jina24:

No vex, let me laugh at you small grin grin cheesy cheesy

Well done mama. I want you to know that if others have done it/ doing it, you too can. It might be tough at first but you will definitely adjust and it will easier for you.

What I normally do is that, laundries are done weekend. I cook for the week on Saturdays and if there's a need to cook doing the week its something that won't take time. When i come back from work, I bath my baby first so I can leave her with her father while I do the cooking for the evening, washing her plates/cups etc.

I make sure I involve hubby in some chores( no be two of us born pikin grin).

That aside, please do chores you can, house chores never finishes and please eat eat eat.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1302) (1303) (1304) (1305) (1306) (1307) (1308) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.