Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,012 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:12 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1333) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4403967 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1330) (1331) (1332) (1333) (1334) (1335) (1336) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 6:29am On Nov 23, 2017
Trendytessy:
I hail all Mamas... my DD has rashes around her neck that dries off but not totally gone. I was thinking it's rashes but I'm starting to doubt cos with the whole powder I use it's still there (she sweats a lot sha). Also what do I do to prevent/chase this Ela totally.., It comes and goes. I still apply sudocream when I notice it. pls I need a final cure.
Help my situation pls

In other news, Mamas this baby age of a thing is confusing me.. My baby is 12weeks old which is 3months but her date of birth is 29th which also means she will be 3mths then too..

Biko sabi mamas explain it to me cos it's doing me somehow.

Powder worsens eela because sweat makes it sticky. Powders work better for rashes.
Hope you're applying the powder with care so the dust particles are far way from your baby?
For eela you can try the acalypha plant. Google it to see a picture. It has strong antifungal properties and she can use it for her daily baths (it stains towels and buckets sh)
Make sure the neck area is always dry by using a damp towel to wipe. If she drools, try to always clean her mouth and neck as soon as she does.

If it persists and shows no sign of letting up after 3 days, consult your doctor.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by 4realwoman: 6:36am On Nov 23, 2017
Babe17:
Answer the questions about your First born. The one who made you a Mum!

1. Epidural - No.delivered immediately I entered the hospital, thank God I didn't deliver inside the car.

2. Father in room - No. I called him after delivery,he was surprised grin grin

3. Induced - I exercised well a day before delivery if that is induction then yes.

4. Stitched - Wicked tear and badt stitch that I couldn't sit after some days.you needed to see me during d stitching,the doctor called some nurses to hold my legs and hands. The midwife present said there was cord round my lo's neck.

5. Knew gender beforehand - Yes oo, at 6weeks sef. It was sharking me I had to use baking soda to check.

6. Due date -28/08/2017

7. Birth date - 29/08/2017

8. Morning sickness - Yeah

9. Cravings - unripe mango and sour agbalumo

10. Pounds gained - 16kg

11. Gender of the baby - Boy

12. Place of birth . Lagos

13. Hours in labour - Mild contractions started a day before delivery. I lost mucus plug 6am and intense contractions came on and off till delivery by 2:30pm

14. Weight - 2.8kg

15. Age now - 2months 3weeks
mama please how did you check with baking soda. Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 6:44am On Nov 23, 2017
Thanks dear
Rhemy2013:
Sansa143 happy birthday to ur dh,wishing him many more yrs and fun together..
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 6:54am On Nov 23, 2017
Go with her birth date. Don't count using weeks. That is, she will be 3months on the 29th.
Trendytessy:

In other news, Mamas this baby age of a thing is confusing me.. My baby is 12weeks old which is 3months but her date of birth is 29th which also means she will be 3mths then too..

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 7:36am On Nov 23, 2017
4realwoman:
https://www.whattoexpect.com/wom/pregnancy/the-baking-soda-gender-test.aspx

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 7:37am On Nov 23, 2017
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Dunni29(f): 7:43am On Nov 23, 2017
Trendytessy:
I hail all Mamas... my DD has rashes around her neck that dries off but not totally gone. I was thinking it's rashes but I'm starting to doubt cos with the whole powder I use it's still there (she sweats a lot sha). Also what do I do to prevent/chase this Ela totally.., It comes and goes. I still apply sudocream when I notice it. pls I need a final cure.
Help my situation pls

Try cacatin cream. It works wonders

On the age calculations, actually a month has 5 weeks not 4. We normally use 4 because the 5th week mostly isn't completely 7days.
I think you should calculate your baby's age based on weeks for now till 6mths. If she was born on a Monday, then every Monday she adds a week
After the 6mths mark, calculate her age based on the date of birth, if she was born on a 23rd, every 23rd of the month, she adds a month.
This will help you with not missing her immunisations

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Babe17: 8:03am On Nov 23, 2017
Urinate inside a disposable cup, add baking soda. If it foams, it's a boy. If it doesn't foam, it's a girl
katchycouture:

please how did u check baby's gender with baking soda

1 Like 6 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Eminya(f): 8:03am On Nov 23, 2017
1. Epidural - No

2. Father in the room- No

3. Induced - No

4. Stitched - Correct tear and I was stitched without numbing the area (tears)

5. Knew gender beforehand - No

6. Due date - 10/11/2015

7. Birth date -10/11/2015

8. Morning sickness- First trimester

9. Cravings - Tuwo with all kinds of soup and Schweppes

10. Pounds gained - Almost 30kg but lost all.
11. Gender of the baby - Boy

12. Place of birth - General hospital
Mararaba, Nasarawa State

13. Hours in labour - Over 48hrs

14. Weight - 2.3kg

15. Age now 2years

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Babe17: 8:06am On Nov 23, 2017
Urinate inside a disposable cup, add baking soda. If it foams, it's a boy. If it doesn't foam, it's a girl
4realwoman:

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Babe17: 8:10am On Nov 23, 2017
Trendytessy:

Ur daughter is my son's birthday mate kiss kiss kiss grin grin

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MoyosBlog123: 8:20am On Nov 23, 2017
Jumia mamas where art thou....
I just hope say I no go chop ban on top this my freebie..... Any which way issokay!.
I have 20 vouchers worth 5000 each for jumia black Friday. The vouchers are for purchases of N30000 minimum and valid only on November 24th. If interested please PM me. Its Free!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by katchycouture(f): 8:20am On Nov 23, 2017
Babe17:

Alright thanks...I will remember to recommend this to someone else...
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 8:45am On Nov 23, 2017
MoyosBlog123:
Jumia mamas where art thou....
I just hope say I no go chop ban on top this my freebie..... Any which way issokay!.
I have 20 vouchers worth 5000 each for jumia black Friday. The vouchers are for purchases of N30000 minimum and valid only on November 24th. If interested please PM me. Its Free!

I want!!!!

Wait first, I have to buy things worth 30k? embarassed
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Flodel(f): 8:55am On Nov 23, 2017
zaynie:

I want!!!!

lol grin buy na all those money u chop from daddy Moyo nko?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 9:03am On Nov 23, 2017
Flodel:
lol grin buy na all those money u chop from daddy Moyo nko?

Side-eyes her.....
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MoyosBlog123: 9:04am On Nov 23, 2017
Yes ma. Minimum 30k grin. Change ur washing machine,
TV, gas cooker. wink
zaynie:

I want!!!!

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 9:09am On Nov 23, 2017
MoyosBlog123:
TV, gas cooker. wink

Let me just siddon jejely......
My washing machine is fine
My TV shows clearly
My gas cooker is still firing lipsrsealed

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kelizosuy(f): 9:11am On Nov 23, 2017
Good morning mamas
My princess 6weeks vaccine is next week Wednesday but the problem is that we've left the place where she normally takes her vaccines on Wednesday, where we are the vaccines are taken on Monday.

My question is should will take it on Monday 27th or Monday 4th (the actual date is Wednesday 29th)

Cc all mamas
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mzleemah(f): 9:39am On Nov 23, 2017
kelizosuy:
Good morning mamas
My princess 6weeks vaccine is next week Wednesday but the problem is that we've left the place where she normally takes her vaccines on Wednesday, where we are the vaccines are taken on Monday.

My question is should will take it on Monday 27th or Monday 4th (the actual date is Wednesday 29th)

Cc all mamas
u taake it on nmonay 4th
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 9:49am On Nov 23, 2017
hi, you can't take vaccines before she clocks the age for the immunization please. There's a fear of negative reaction so they will only give after 6 weeks (or whatever age). Monday the 4th is best

kelizosuy:
Good morning mamas

Cc all mamas
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 10:13am On Nov 23, 2017
kelizosuy:
Good morning mamas

Cc all mamas

Monday the 4th
she can only take the immunization when she has reached the age and not before

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 10:14am On Nov 23, 2017
Naomi14:
She doing better now. They ran some tests today and it's malaria. Thanks for asking

This malaria can like to worry babies ehn

Pele jare

She will be fine

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kelizosuy(f): 10:18am On Nov 23, 2017
Thanks mamas
hunniesuzie:
hi, you can't take vaccines before she clocks the age for the immunization please. There's a fear of negative reaction so they will only give after 6 weeks (or whatever age). Monday the 4th is best

[q
Mzleemah:
u taake it on nmonay 4th
uote author=jazzyjazz post=62637960]

Monday the 4th
she can only take the immunization when she has reached the age and not before [/quote]
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by katchycouture(f): 10:19am On Nov 23, 2017
MoyosBlog123:
TV, gas cooker. wink

Aunty Moyo u once advertised reusable diapers.. please tell me about it again if u still sell it... katchycouture@gmail.com
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 10:24am On Nov 23, 2017
Kodylicky.
May his soul continue to rest in peace.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by 4realwoman: 10:50am On Nov 23, 2017
enque:

https://www.whattoexpect.com/wom/pregnancy/the-baking-soda-gender-test.aspx
Okay Thanks.
Babe17:
Thanks i will try it out today grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ammy5565(f): 11:00am On Nov 23, 2017
jazzyjazz:

Oya come and take
Concoction rice

Chai jazzy

Issokay lemme just manage one spoon, just one.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ammy5565(f): 11:04am On Nov 23, 2017
crystalzoe:
. Epidural - no 2. Father in room - no 3. Induced - Yes! Very painful something 4. Stitched - no 5. Knew gender beforehand - Yes. 6. Due date -15/03/2017 7. Birth date - 01/03/2017 8. Morning sickness - plenty undecided 9. Cravings - EBA and okro soup with Titus fish plenty pepper no meat 10. Pounds gained - plenty 11. Gender of the baby - boy 12. Place of birth -UPTH portharcourt 13. Hours in labour - almost 12hrs 14. Weight - 3.kg 15. Age now - almost 9mths
Ph mama i sight u
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by suremum: 11:07am On Nov 23, 2017
1.Epidural - yes, epidural for vaginal delievery and and when vd failed, more was added for c section.
2. Father in room - yes
3. Induced - Yes (but failed) 
4. Stitched - C section
5. Knew gender beforehand - Yes
6. Due date -30/07/2017
7. Birth date - 10/08/2017
8. Morning sickness - Yes, i almost die sef
9. Cravings - ice, ofada rice and stew
10. Pounds gained - 25kg
11. Gender of the baby - boy
12. Place of birth - Canada
13. Hours in labour - Hmmm 3days before emergency c section
14. Weight - 4.3kg
15. Age now - 3 months and 2 weeks

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ammy5565(f): 11:09am On Nov 23, 2017
kodylicky:
1.Epidural- No

2.Father in the room- No

3.Induced- No

4.Stitched- massive tear -Yes

5.Knew the gender beforehand-yes

6.Due date-19-09-2015

7.Birth date-24-09-2015

8.Morning sickness-No

9.Cravings-everything

10.Pounds gained-20kg+

11.Gender of the baby-Boy

12.Place of birth -st Martins PH

13.Hours in labour -8hourss

14.Weight -4.3kg

15.Age now-deceased at 5months

It is well with you sis. May the Lord himself comfort you and give you double for your trouble.
E-hugs.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ToyosiR(f): 11:27am On Nov 23, 2017
Sansa143:
Long post alert!
It grieves my hrt to hear abt d demise of of prayer warrior!I always look forward to her prayers evry Monday back den!Iyamomoreloaded,may u rest till we meet to part no more!
Furthermore, I have taken time to write out sum monikers dat we haven't seen 4 a while(got dem 4rm my likes n mention)incase u knw any I miss mentioning,pls add up!Please if u get dis,let us knw ur fine!
Hyphee,SisiNini,Tushmom,nikkishola,finepatty,bryanarchie,divie,Mumjb,temmytee31,suzzy4God,phlakkeys,dasugar,toyosiR,customised87,missmalachi,lululuv,nicoleswizzi,omoloulan,cllassic01,Coldfeet,mamatweenz,bulunton,kemesty,nwarosa,Dunni29,kittana,Dazzle86,Dharyour1234,Titony1,Ariegurl,Suzy,Sixx,Mydeporch,forzarush,mignone,Sunbestie,Roselok,aghaibiam,Unic1,folamee,Olukunle5,Tutucious,Abiagirl777,Ijeoma2728,kloness,Mzezkay,sholai,poshestmina,fatamyfatamy,ennywealth09,Afollyshade,peggygee,Bbglory,nneejima,Licious07,opejulie n Toriella!Pls come n Ansa d register!

May God comfort her family. Its really sad.

I am present. Just changed my device and couldn't login to nairaland before now.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1330) (1331) (1332) (1333) (1334) (1335) (1336) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.