Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,916 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1337) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4403109 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1334) (1335) (1336) (1337) (1338) (1339) (1340) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 8:40am On Nov 24, 2017
How old is She?

spiceeamiee:
Mama please please I beg you guys in the name of God, help me. My baby has been stooping since on Monday. Gave her zinc and ORS . It became worse on Tuesday so we took her to the hospital. Series of tests were done and all came back clean. The doctor said its viral and that it would stop. How she contacted a virus after we took Rota is what I cannot explain. We went to another hospital the following day, they said the same thing. No drug was given. Just to continue zinc and ORS. Stooling was so much yesterday with fever that it was at 11pm we rushed her to a govt hospital. Pediatrician on duty said the same thing. Keep giving zinc and ORS. I suggested giving her flagyl to stop the stooping but the doctor said No. I'm tired. What home remedies can I use to stop this? She hasn't eaten in 48hours,only zinc and ORS is in her tummy. On Monday she was weighing 7.6kg, yesterday she weighed 7kg. Mamas please help me, I'm losing my mind here.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 8:45am On Nov 24, 2017
March abi February?

Chanbaby:

1. Epidural - Yes (if not na die oh)

2. Father in room - No (offshore)

3. Induced - yes (water broke before contraction started)

4. Stitched - Yes—Epi

5. Knew gender beforehand - Yes.

6. Due date - 17/03/17

7. Birth date - 15/03/17

8. Morning sickness- Not at all so grateful to God.

9. Cravings - Pepper

10. Pounds gained - 22kg Lost 25kg

11. Gender of the baby - boy

12. Place of birth - HNWMC Houston

13. Hours in labour - 27hours

14. Weight - 8lbs.3oz 3.7Kg

15. Age now - 9months
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by spiceeamiee(f): 8:50am On Nov 24, 2017
4months and two wewks

hunniesuzie:
How old is She?

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by spiceeamiee(f): 8:52am On Nov 24, 2017
They refused to admit her. Said since she is taking the ORS well then there is no need as whatever they will give her is just to dehydrate her and the ORS is already doing that. How long did your baby's own last?

FloraEC:

Same thing happened to my daughter, all the test results came out clean even poop. Finally they admitted her cos she was too weak, eyes sunken, was even vomiting, her butthole was lipsrsealed If is bad, they should place her on drip cos she's loosing electrolytes.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by spiceeamiee(f): 8:53am On Nov 24, 2017
So I should just br looking at her like that, waiting for it to pass? Mbanu. Who has any home remedy I can use biko nu?

enque:

My baby stooled for 1 week when she was abt 9 months or so, and all I was given at d hospital was ORS and Zinc too. They refused to give any drugs and asked us to allow it run its course.
I switched her meals and started giving her banana, bread, rice cereal, applesauce, plantain puree and all those meals that makes her poop hard.
The meals helped to firm up her stool till the stooling stopped.
She lost weight but she gained it bk when she got better.

The Dr said Flagyl will make babies constipated, so it's a no no.

P.S - we also took our complete dose of Rota vaccine, so I was shocked too. But I guess these things happen.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 9:03am On Nov 24, 2017
spiceeamiee:
Mama please please I beg you guys in the name of God, help me. My baby has been stooping since on Monday. Gave her zinc and ORS . It became worse on Tuesday so we took her to the hospital. Series of tests were done and all came back clean. The doctor said its viral and that it would stop. How she contacted a virus after we took Rota is what I cannot explain. We went to another hospital the following day, they said the same thing. No drug was given. Just to continue zinc and ORS. Stooling was so much yesterday with fever that it was at 11pm we rushed her to a govt hospital. Pediatrician on duty said the same thing. Keep giving zinc and ORS. I suggested giving her flagyl to stop the stooping but the doctor said No. I'm tired. What home remedies can I use to stop this? She hasn't eaten in 48hours,only zinc and ORS is in her tummy. On Monday she was weighing 7.6kg, yesterday she weighed 7kg. Mamas please help me, I'm losing my mind here.
Relax mama I can relate and its not an easy place to be watching your child "shrink" before your eyes. Try and get her to eat bland food. Banana, bread, plan rice(Gerber rice without milk can serve) and even raw pap(thing of hygiene if you didn't make it yourself )
Keep her hydrated and it will run its course.

Don't worry about the weight she will gain it back and more once she starts eating.

When my son had same issue I used my agbero eye and bought bcomplex to help him eat ( even though doctor said no need) it helped us.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by spiceeamiee(f): 9:07am On Nov 24, 2017
My favourite aunty was delivered after 2 and half years. Pregnancy stopped developing after 6months. Scan showed inactive foetus but my aunty said she felt kicks and stopped going to the hospital after she was told that the baby would be evacuated. Gist was that her husband's ex tied the baby. Me I don't have any explanation but I witnessed it as she hid in our house for over a year with the pregnancy. After they begged the husband's ex and said ex "released " the baby, my aunty have birth two months later. Me I no know sha. Na the one wey I sabi i don talk
Cc Zaynie.

Please please how do I stop excessive stooling in a four month old baby? I and Dh have not gone to work since Tuesday. My baby is suffering. Make una help me abeg embarassed

AlphaHandMaiden:

Lol!
That is actually the story line of a fictional book.
Cant remember the actual title but the main character was
Tanigoro Banigoro - the boy born with a perfect set of teeth.

His mother was pregnant for 3 years and when she had him he had all his teeth and practically toddler size.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Pweetiebabe(f): 9:08am On Nov 24, 2017
enque:

Baby is all grown now, vigilante is a thing of d past grin
God dey, I no 1day I will look back and tell 1 vigilante mama dis too ....Me wey dey shout vision 2019 before I think I need change of mind seriously
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by spiceeamiee(f): 9:10am On Nov 24, 2017
She is four and half month. She is only on BM and formular. I have Gerber rice I bought to start feeding her at four months but decided to wait till five months. Let me try and give her small. The ish now is that she does not even want anything, Just the ORS.
Liftedhands:
Relax mama I can relate and its not an easy place to be watching your child "shrink" before your eyes. Try and get her to eat bland food. Banana, bread, plan rice(Gerber rice without milk can serve) and even raw pap(thing of hygiene if you didn't make it yourself )
Keep her hydrated and it will run its course.

Don't worry about the weight she will gain it back and more once she starts eating.

When my son had same issue I used my agbero eye and bought bcomplex to help him eat ( even though doctor said no need) it helped us.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 9:13am On Nov 24, 2017
Anugod:
Good morning mamas. So glad to officially port from preggy thread here. kiss kiss

Abeg mamas help a ftm. My dd is 11 days old, and she strains and strains when she wants to poo, even though the poop comes out egusi-like. If you see the way she strains ehn, you wee think she wants to poop Giddyperson's historic rocky mass lipsrsealed yet the poop comes out normal. Sometimes when she tries and tries and the poop is yet to come out, it makes her kinda cranky. Abeg what's the matter and what can I do to help?

Please don't pass me by. kiss
Nothing is wrong by your description! She is just stretching like babies do. However you can give a warm belly massage incase its gas build up.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 9:22am On Nov 24, 2017
spiceeamiee:
She is four and half month. She is only on BM and formular. I have Gerber rice I bought to start feeding her at four months but decided to wait till five months. Let me try and give her small. The ish now is that she does not even want anything, Just the ORS.
Oh she's still young for most food I listed. Try and see if she can take mashed banana.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 9:22am On Nov 24, 2017
spiceeamiee:
They refused to admit her. Said since she is taking the ORS well then there is no need as whatever they will give her is just to dehydrate her and the ORS is already doing that. How long did your baby's own last?

My baby own was close to a week +, ORS did nada for her, vomiting even joined, when she coughs, poop will come out, I tried pap without milk, banana but nothing helped. I was the one that shouted at the doctor to admit her.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by spiceeamiee(f): 9:24am On Nov 24, 2017
Liftedhands:
Oh she's still young for most food I listed. Try and see if she can take mashed banana.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 9:25am On Nov 24, 2017
Pweetiebabe:
God dey, I no 1day I will look back and tell 1 vigilante mama dis too ....Me wey dey shout vision 2019 before I think I need change of mind seriously
Yinmu! You may even return 2018 tongue

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by spiceeamiee(f): 9:25am On Nov 24, 2017
At this point, I will try anything. Let me go snd look for bananas. Thank you ma.

Liftedhands:
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 9:34am On Nov 24, 2017
Get banana. Mash one and give her. If there's a 4 plus Gerber rice cereal try that too. Watch your own diet too since she's on bm. So far she's drinking the ORS well no need for drip. Did they test the poo or just a blood test?

Modified: I see liftedhands already suggested this. Try sha. How many times does she poo per day

spiceeamiee:
4months and two wewks

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 9:36am On Nov 24, 2017
Hi Mama grin

Liftedhands:
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 9:41am On Nov 24, 2017
spiceeamiee:
At this point, I will try anything. Let me go snd look for bananas. Thank you ma.

You are welcome all the best.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 9:43am On Nov 24, 2017
hunniesuzie:
Hi Mama grin

Hi hunnie kiss
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 9:47am On Nov 24, 2017
Cloth diaper people how much is one with inserts sold for? And can I get one to fit 2 year old that weighs 18kg (or more sef cos he is just recovering lost weights)

Cc alphahandmaiden
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chanbaby: 9:52am On Nov 24, 2017
hunniesuzie:
March abi February?

Hey my sons twinnie's mum its february not March. How are we doing the birthday oh.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Pweetiebabe(f): 9:53am On Nov 24, 2017
Liftedhands:
Yinmu! You may even return 2018 tongue
Haba mama Ekene, I tot u ve always ruv me o 2018 keh! d little drama for labour room is still fresh in my memory but I think I can manage 2019 grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 9:55am On Nov 24, 2017
spiceeamiee:

Was the stooling immediately after the Rota immunisation?

That may be the cause. The Rota actually contains some live virus I was told so some diarrhoea may be experienced.

Other causes -

Is she bottle fed? Make sure everything is properly washed and sterilized. A culprit could also be her water flask, people never tend to wash them as often as we should so give it a good wash as well.

Has she suddenly started putting things on her mouth? Ensure you was everything and sterilize where possible if she is using teethers and pacifiers.

Keep giving her the ORS. She needs to keep hydrated. If she was admitted the drip version of the ORS is what they will give her intravenously.

Also keep offering her milk, either breast or Formular try bottle, and also with spoon or cup

Pele . It can be very frustrating.

If she seems to be getting worse, Please go back to the hospital.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mzleemah(f): 10:11am On Nov 24, 2017
Alhamdulilah We are 3 months old today.

27 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by spiceeamiee(f): 10:26am On Nov 24, 2017
No. We took Rota at 10 and 14weeks. She is four and half month now. I usually sterilize all her feeding equipment. She recently started sucking her thumbs. I tried to stop her but I did not think the cries and shouts that follows were worth it so I let her be.
She won't even let anything come near her mouth. On Monday it was about 8times, on Tuesday uncountable. On Wednesday it was about 4times and this was because I sneakily give her flagyl which the doctor asked me to stop. Yesterday uncountable. Today, between 1 am and 8am I left the house, about 4times. We are going back to the hospital today. Would get bananas on my way back.

AlphaHandMaiden:

Was the stooling immediately after the Rota immunisation?

That may be the cause. The Rota actually contains some live virus I was told so some diarrhoea may be experienced.

Other causes -

Is she bottle fed? Make sure everything is properly washed and sterilized. A culprit could also be her water flask, people never tend to wash them as often as we should so give it a good wash as well.

Has she suddenly started putting things on her mouth? Ensure you was everything and sterilize where possible if she is using teethers and pacifiers.

Keep giving her the ORS. She needs to keep hydrated. If she was admitted the drip version of the ORS is what they will give her intravenously.

Also keep offering her milk, either breast or Formular try bottle, and also with spoon or cup

Pele . It can be very frustrating.

If she seems to be getting worse, Please go back to the hospital.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by spiceeamiee(f): 10:29am On Nov 24, 2017
Already got bananas. Heading home now. I have Gerber supported sitter. Will try that too. I'm not eating anything different. Still my regular home cooked meal. Yes they did both stool analysis and blood test.

hunniesuzie:
Get banana. Mash one and give her. If there's a 4 plus Gerber rice cereal try that too. Watch your own diet too since she's on bm. So far she's drinking the ORS well no need for drip. Did they test the poo or just a blood test?

Modified: I see liftedhands already suggested this. Try sha. How many times does she poo per day

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nimi22(f): 10:35am On Nov 24, 2017
ifyalways:

This is normal, they (babies) even strain to fart and pee. They do so because they don't know which muscle and body part to use yet.
Relax and do nothing. She will soon figure it all out.

Thanks for this, my d's strains to pee and I've been wondering why for sometimes now.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 10:44am On Nov 24, 2017
Pele. Give her only one first. You may mash it with a little formula since it's her first time. Also I use Nestle zinc water (the one with green cover) for my baby. It's what we've always used. I don't know if it's made any difference but I'd like to believe it helps his immune system. You may want to try it during this period

spiceeamiee:
Already got bananas. Heading home now. I have Gerber supported sitter. Will try that too. I'm not eating anything different. Still my regular home cooked meal. Yes they did both stool analysis and blood test.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hotmomma(f): 10:52am On Nov 24, 2017
Graciouscharis... That research isn't credible. Autism is noticed around d time the MMR vaccine is given that's y peeps linked them. Also if the autism strain is in a child, vaccine or not, it would surface.
Having mumps is extremely bad for a male child. Rubella in pregnancy is a known factor for an autistic child.
Also, not just MMR vaccine, but all vaccines oh... So many stuff to write, but the end note is, let's do what we mums feel best.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by HolySteph(f): 11:50am On Nov 24, 2017
Still on the shopping matter..

Good morning mamas. Pls help me o! On my hospital list for baby, there is glucose in the list thats incase breastmilk doesn't flow immediately but in our antenatal classes the midwife told us not to use glucose for our baby bcus of the sugar content in it, that baby is so tender to start taking in sugar substance like that, so it brought to my question if formula is preferable and doesn't have sugar in it(as in is it as pure as breastmilk?). I'm doing my shopping I want to know the necessary one to get. Thank you as I anticipate your replies.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 11:54am On Nov 24, 2017
spiceeamiee:

e ku itoju.
If malaria test wasn't carried out. I urge you to go back to the hospital.
When my DS experienced this kind of pooping, the stool test was ok but he tested +ve to malaria. the malaria was treated and the pooping stopped like 1wk after.
keep breastfeeding, don't stop the zinc/ors and stay positive.
The experience is energy draining I must say.
Your LO will be fine.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 11:58am On Nov 24, 2017
Pweetiebabe:
Haba mama Ekene, I tot u ve always ruv me o 2018 keh! d little drama for labour room is still fresh in my memory but I think I can manage 2019 grin
Haha time will tell cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (1334) (1335) (1336) (1337) (1338) (1339) (1340) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.