Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,678 members, 7,813,259 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:48 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (161) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4396338 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mzora(f): 6:01pm On Mar 09, 2015
hi moms pls I just had my baby 3 days ago.I want to know what to do to help my tear heal properly. and also how to get my tummy back in shape.i'm a FTM.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rezzy: 6:04pm On Mar 09, 2015
Mzora:
hi moms pls I just had my baby 3 days ago.I want to know what to do to help my tear heal properly. and also how to get my tummy back in shape.i'm a FTM.

Congratulations
Mzora:

For you tummy, drink hot pepper soup with enough pepper soup spices every morning and night. Or use hot [ogogoro] and pepper soup spices. Grind the spices and put it inside Eva water bottle then mix with the hot , then take it morning and night.

I just want to start using that, cos my tummy is so big now. After 3 weeks with serious pressing with hot water, my tummy became flat. Then I had no one to press it for me and it began to swell and now it's very big

For the tears, I sat on wooden chair[apoti] with legs closed within 1 week, I was okay, mind you its very painful.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mzora(f): 6:10pm On Mar 09, 2015
rezzy:

Congratulations.
thanks dear.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lovinam: 7:21pm On Mar 09, 2015
Do your normal sitz bath. Mix a lil salt and savlon in warm water( not hot) sit in it 10mins 3xdaily. It helps in the healing process.
Mzora:
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mzora(f): 7:46pm On Mar 09, 2015
@rezzy tnks a lot.I appreciate. @lovinam I use hot water steam. i'll include the sitz bath. tnk u mamas for ur useful suggestions.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by CharmyBliz: 8:36pm On Mar 09, 2015
rezzy:

Congratulations.

For you tummy, drink hot pepper soup with enough pepper soup spices every morning and night. Or use hot [ogogoro] and pepper soup spices. Grind the spices and put it inside Eva water bottle then mix with the hot , then take it morning and night.

I just want to start using that, cos my tummy is so big now. After 3 weeks with serious pressing with hot water, my tummy became flat. Then I had no one to press it for me and it began to swell and now it's very big

For the tears, I sat on wooden chair[apoti] with legs closed within 1 week, I was okay, mind you its very painful.

pls wat is d pepper Soup spices 2 add with. d hot drink and will It work after 3 mons of child birth?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nita2013: 9:37pm On Mar 09, 2015
Hello dear, d link is not opening.

meme5:

Thanks dear. Am producing enough. I express like 200-220ml for him when am going 2 work, n he doesnt accept feeding bottles so we use spoon 2feed him. What do u think about the vitamin B12 deficiency mentioned in the link?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Gr8fulHeart(f): 9:58pm On Mar 09, 2015
[quote author=Nita2013 post=31441816]It depends on many factor. Medically most paediatrician would tell u 6months for exclusive while few tells u, 4months is ok to start. 6months is mostly adviced because by then d baby's digestive system is very matured and to boost d baby's immune system more cos of d antibodies contained in breastmilk to fight infections and diseases. That's not to say by 4months d baby's digestive system is not matured though but it's more matured at 6months.

If u want to start at 4months, u av to consider the following; is d baby interested in food while u r eatin?, is d baby's neck stable?, can d baby sit assisted? Etc

For me, I started my baby cereal at 4months. Apart from the fact that my answer to d questions above is yes, breastmilk was no longer enough for him. When I feed him, he ll be shoutin in less than 30mins which was unlike him. So a paediatrician adviced I supplement and since then no more cryin.

So my dear, it's not compulsory u start at 4months. If u are producin well and ur baby at 4months is suckin well and gets full after each feed, pls continue till 6months.

Pls what cereals did u start @ 4months pls? D name of d cereal
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nita2013: 12:06am On Mar 10, 2015
Heinz rice cereal. There are different types of cereal that's suitable from 4months.
1. Heinz rice cereal
2. Heinz Oat cereal
3. Cow & Gate fruity cereal
4. Cow & Gate Banana cereal
5. Cow & Gate Strawberry/Banana Cereal
4. Gerber Oatmeal etc

They r all suitable to give from 4months. It's stated on d pack. They r sold btw 900-1000 naira per pack. But now I make my own rice cereal and oatmeal cereal and also make my baby's puree myself cos it's cheaper.

[quote author=Gr8fulHeart post=31468177][/quote]
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by yemstico: 6:10am On Mar 10, 2015
Nita123 pls how do u make ur own rice & oatmeal cereal. Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ogheneyoma: 7:31am On Mar 10, 2015
Goodmorning mamas, Pls my son of 7weeks old has catarhh (nasal congestion) which disturbs his sleep (especially at nite) I have been giving him vit C, but it's not improving....i need advise on what else I can use for the catarrh pls. Thans
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mzora(f): 7:46am On Mar 10, 2015
Gudmornin mamas,pls my 5 days old daughter is having dis little rashes on her forehead,what can I use to clear it and one of her eyes is bringing out mucus.after cleaning it will come again .pls sabi mamas help me out. Also want can I use for her skin so it will be smooth.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mubzay(f): 8:37am On Mar 10, 2015
Mzora:
Gudmornin mamas,pls my 5 days old daughter is having dis little rashes on her forehead,what can I use to clear it and one of her eyes is bringing out mucus.after cleaning it will come again .pls sabi mamas help me out. Also want can I use for her skin so it will be smooth.
congratulations dearie. For the eye, use drops of breastmilk to the affected eye. It will clear it. The rashes could be heat, apply shea butter and u can use agnesia powder or rising powder. BTW, is it only on d forehead or other parts of d body as well? U may want to treat eela alongside. For d body smoothness, use original shea butter (ori). Although some people mix it with diff things. It helps
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mubzay(f): 8:44am On Mar 10, 2015
ogheneyoma:
Goodmorning mamas, Pls my son of 7weeks old has catarhh (nasal congestion) which disturbs his sleep (especially at nite) I have been giving him vit C, but it's not improving....i need advise on what else I can use for the catarrh pls. Thans
u can use a drop of sliverbird or baby menthol in warm water to wipe his nose from d nose brigde downwards and his chest too. Also dnt expose him too much to air because of d heat. Better still go to d hosp. Also avoid dusty area.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by IyawoToBe(f): 8:48am On Mar 10, 2015
Pls all, about this shea butter (ori), does it really work? I've seen women swear by it, but when I started using it on my skin I didn't notice much difference; instead it gave me pimples. Or did I get an adulterated one ni? Though it didndid not work for me, I still belief in the potency only that am scared of using it for my baby.

How do you recognise an original one? I see alot of sellers on the streets these days
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mubzay(f): 9:11am On Mar 10, 2015
IyawoToBe:
Pls all, about this shea butter (ori), does it really work? I've seen women swear by it, but when I started using it on my skin I didn't notice much difference; instead it gave me pimples. Or did I get an adulterated one ni? Though it didndid not work for me, I still belief in the potency only that am scared of using it for my baby.

How do you recognise an original one? I see alot of sellers on the streets these days
there are many adulterated ones. I blv if u go to the iya alagbo/elewe omo, u shud get d original one. Some people mix a lot of thns in it to get d desire effect. It works cuz am still using it for my child. I guess some processed one bn sold at d supermarket are also good. U can add palm kernel oil (adin) also
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nita2013: 9:15am On Mar 10, 2015
Yemstico hi,
For rice cereal, I buy uncle ben's brown rice. D small pack. It's about 1200k then I blend d rice usin dry blender into powder form. U can take it to d market so d pple usin big grinding machine can grind it. It's smoother that way. Store in an air tight container. Then to make it, boil water in a pot. While d water is boiling, add like 2-3 tablespoon of d grinded rice cereal, keep stairing and allow to cook for 15-20mins on low heat. If it's too thick while cookin u can add water to get desired texture. Allow to cool down a little and add ur breastmilk or formula in desired quantity then serve. Store d remaining grinded powder in d freezer.

Do same with oatmeal but I use Old fashioned Quaker Oat.

Most pple prefer oatmeal cereal cos of d high fibre content thus reduces d chance of constipation.

yemstico:
Nita123 pls how do u make ur own rice & oatmeal cereal. Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mzora(f): 9:23am On Mar 10, 2015
mubzay:
congratulations dearie. For the eye, use drops of breastmilk to the affected eye. It will clear it. The rashes could be heat, apply shea butter and u can use agnesia powder or rising powder. BTW, is it only on d forehead or other parts of d body as well? U may want to treat eela alongside. For d body smoothness, use original shea butter (ori). Although some people mix it with diff things. It helps
thank you so much. I appreciate.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rezzy: 10:28am On Mar 10, 2015
My
CharmyBliz:

pls wat is d pepper Soup spices 2 add with. d hot drink and will It work after 3 mons of child birth?

It's black, thin and long. Dont know the English name. If you get to the market ask them, they will give you.

My sister, I don't know o whether it's late now. Most people I know used it immediately they gave birth and it really worked.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by walmart: 10:33am On Mar 10, 2015
Good day mothers. Please I am looking for Beech nut cereal to buy for my baby. Please does anyone use it or know where I can get it? I have searched the major stores around my area. thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Kimoni: 10:36am On Mar 10, 2015
Mzora:

Looks like our babies came from the same world my baby had had these issues too.

For the secretions from the eyes, I first cleaned it with a cotton wool dipped in boiled water and then squeeze the water out. Ensure you do not use the same part twice. Then I applied a little breast milk and it was gone the next day.

Pls also ensure that water do not get into his eyes while bathing.

For the rashes, I just kept on using the Shea butter which is what I use for him anyway and it would always clear up.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by franky2013(f): 10:51am On Mar 10, 2015
rezzy:
My

It's black, thin and long. Dont know the English name. If you get to the market ask them, they will give you.

My sister, I don't know o whether it's late now. Most people I know used it immediately they gave birth and it really worked.
i just hope is not late yet o, i was told initially, but hubby didnt allow me cos of the breastfeeding thinking it might affect d baby. i'll try it. tnx
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by yemstico: 10:56am On Mar 10, 2015
Thanks alot Nita2013!

Nita2013:
Yemstico hi,
For rice cereal, I buy uncle ben's brown rice. D small pack. It's about 1200k then I blend d rice usin dry blender into powder form. U can take it to d market so d pple usin big grinding machine can grind it. It's smoother that way. Store in an air tight container. Then to make it, boil water in a pot. While d water is boiling, add like 2-3 tablespoon of d grinded rice cereal, keep stairing and allow to cook for 15-20mins on low heat. If it's too thick while cookin u can add water to get desired texture. Allow to cool down a little and add ur breastmilk or formula in desired quantity then serve. Store d remaining grinded powder in d freezer.

Most pple prefer oatmeal cereal cos of d high fibre content thus reduces d chance of constipation.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Gr8fulHeart(f): 1:09pm On Mar 10, 2015
Nita, thank u ojare
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Gr8fulHeart(f): 1:14pm On Mar 10, 2015
franky2013:

i just hope is not late yet o, i was told initially, but hubby didnt allow me cos of the breastfeeding thinking it might affect d baby. i'll try it. tnx

Its called uda(igbo) negro peper(english) u cn use it.
Its nt late. Its evn used as natural contraceptive
http://www.mamalette.com/health-fitness/uda-water-prevent-pregnancy-using-negro-pepper/
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MiracleMum(f): 1:28pm On Mar 10, 2015
[quote author=rezzy post=31480573]My

It's called Uda in ibo. It's only ibo women in the market that sells it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nita2013: 1:36pm On Mar 10, 2015
Uwc Yemstico and Gr8fulHeart.

Gr8fulHeart:
Nita, thank u ojare
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 3:05pm On Mar 10, 2015
Mzora:
@rezzy tnks a lot.I appreciate. @lovinam I use hot water steam. i'll include the sitz bath. tnk u mamas for ur useful suggestions.
pls stop d hot water steam. The steam cld melt ur sutures. Sit in warm salty water +savlon as lovina said.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Yeske: 3:15pm On Mar 10, 2015
Hello mums, my 15 weeks baby has not pooped for several (more than 5) days now but she farts a lot and the fart smells like ewwwww... What can I do to make her poop?

Also, she has catarrh and cough, we took her to the hospital last week Monday and were given medicines to give her. But till now, it has not subsided. What else can I do? Thanks.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 3:23pm On Mar 10, 2015
Mzora:
In addition to all people av said, if u can get original "adin agbon" (local coconut oil) it works wonders. You can use it alongside shea butter and then get agnesia powder or st peter's prickly heat powder for the rashes.

Just make sure u get original ones.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 3:32pm On Mar 10, 2015
Yeske:
Hello mums, my 15 weeks baby has not pooped for several (more than 5) days now but she farts a lot and the fart smells like ewwwww... What can I do to make her poop?

Also, she has catarrh and cough, we took her to the hospital last week Monday and were given medicines to give her. But till now, it has not subsided. What else can I do? Thanks.
For the poop thingy, i use metholatum and cotton bud. Use the cotton bud to take small metholatum then insert in her anus(not too deep o) then try rolling it. Bring it out after gettin the metholatum inside. Make sure u have a potty near, most tyms d poop comes out immediately....sumtyms it delays. BTW, does she feed well?

For the cold, if it does not give her fever it would pass. Make sure she has enough vit C nd she feeds well. Dont expose her too.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enioladimeji: 3:59pm On Mar 10, 2015
Nita2013:
Yemstico hi,
Nita, Pls.for the oatmeal, can i use Good morning oat cos i have it plenty at home and is it the same way of blending and cooking? Again, Can one add sugar or honey to taste? Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.