Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,085 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:20 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1684) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4404163 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1681) (1682) (1683) (1684) (1685) (1686) (1687) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Pweetiebabe(f): 6:47pm On Apr 26, 2018
Nimi22 my sister we dey same level o, i quited my teaching job in a secondary school last year, I got tired of sitting @ home and a primary school proprietress who happens to be a church member came to my house late Tuesday night DAT she needed a teacher I went there and resume yesterday its just 5minutes walk from my home so I prefer it to my previous job though d pay no reach my previous salary but e better @least no transport and there's even creche I can drop my baby.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by spiceeamiee(f): 6:59pm On Apr 26, 2018
I wish I could take a long sabbatical..like a forever sabbatical grin grin grin. I doubt I will ever be ready if I still feel this way after almost 10months. Anugod how we go do na? What do you think about a surrogate? E no go too bad sha cheesy

[quote author=UmmTwins2 post=67056053]Congrats Giddyperson. Wishing u a healthy n happy preggy journey. Hope giddybaby is good now. Weldone
Anugod n spiceeamiee I feel u mamas. The after CS pain no be small tin. I thought the pain wld never end. If not that my first was a vaginal birth, maybe I wldnt want more babies sef. In fact, I said it after my CS that thank God we have
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by spiceeamiee(f): 7:02pm On Apr 26, 2018
I wish I could take a long sabbatical..like a forever sabbatical grin grin grin. I doubt I will ever be ready if I still feel this way after almost 10months. Anugod how we go do na? What do you think about a surrogate? E no go too bad sha cheesy

[quote author=UmmTwins2 post=67056053]Congrats Giddyperson. Wishing u a healthy n happy preggy journey. Hope giddybaby is good now. Weldone
Anugod n spiceeamiee I feel u mamas. The after CS pain no be small tin. I thought the pain wld never end. If not that my first was a vaginal birth, maybe I wldnt want more
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 8:00pm On Apr 26, 2018
I was given pills cause it lasted 4 long.After d pills,it stopped.Period doesn't come 4 me,na mostly spotting and last I spotted was Jan.
perfectcrown:

Please mama,when you were spotting bcause of the implant,were u given pills to stop it

Did u spot or saw your period before you finished the pills

Please mamas,im sorry to derail a bit. Im just freaking angry,aarrrrggghh!!!

Thanks in anticipation ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 8:02pm On Apr 26, 2018
Una go run if una enter of side.Our heat is sumtin else.
Liftedhands:
grin grin grin no be lie the heat sef too much lolz.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 9:43pm On Apr 26, 2018
Sansa143:
Una go run if una enter of side.Our heat is sumtin else.
shocked abeg make I stay my lane grin and thank God it's not as hot as other places.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by perfectcrown(f): 9:51pm On Apr 26, 2018
Sansa143:
I was given pills cause it lasted 4 long.After d pills,it stopped.Period doesn't come 4 me,na mostly spotting and last I spotted was Jan.

Thanks ma.

I was given pills too(bcus i spotted for almost 4weeks!) The day i started it,the spotting stopped ! I have just 3days to finish the pills,only for me to see AF this afternoon...!

I will go to the hospital sha...

Thanks for your response.

Regards.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by beautyuche: 9:52pm On Apr 26, 2018
Good day mama,
I had my son 3 weeks ago suddenly he is having rash on his face alone. While his body is very much smooth what can be d cause. The same thing is happening with my sister's baby too.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nimi22(f): 10:22pm On Apr 26, 2018
spiceeamiee:

Thank God I'm seeing ppl with like minds. I had a vagina delivery with no complications sef but the thought of another baby still scares me. Every time I see a pregnant woman the first thing that runs through my head is how will she cope with labour, then I start feeling for her as I'm the one going to go through the labour. I can count how many times I got down with dh this month just because he doesn't want family planning and im scared of belle. The thought makes me cry sometimes sef. Pls hope I'm really Ok?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nimi22(f): 10:24pm On Apr 26, 2018
Anugod you thought of giving one to your mum if another one comes. I told myself I was going to abort it immediately if I get pregnant now.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nimi22(f): 10:28pm On Apr 26, 2018
Pweetiebabe:
Nimi22 my sister we dey same level o, i quited my teaching job in a secondary school last year, I got tired of sitting @ home and a primary school proprietress who happens to be a church member came to my house late Tuesday night DAT she needed a teacher I went there and resume yesterday its just 5minutes walk from my home so I prefer it to my previous job though d pay no reach my previous salary but e better @least no transport and there's even creche I can drop my baby.

Sis you are very lucky o. My previous job where I was collecting plenty money na just #50 bike this one that I'm collecting skikini money na 2 bike and 1 motor with no creche. Thank God arrangements was finally made for us today. I can at least do few things before I attend to him. What I console myself with is the change won't come home to meet me if I'm at home.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by greatp80(f): 11:26pm On Apr 26, 2018
Chai mother hood is divine.@spiceeamie,anugod and other mama's, you are very much ok to express such fears.Giving birth weda virginal or c section is not easy, coupled with the journey of 9months dat is filled with a lot of intrigues---from morning sickness to what have you.

The good news is that,it is doable.Try to look at the brighter side of it, like seeing your kids grow and so on and tell your self, yea i can do it and yes you can.

After my 3rd pregnancy,i told my hubby,e don do, let's hang d boot here.I battled pregnancy induced Hb and was highly depressed after the delivery cos d bp continued to skyrocket despite all the drugs i was into.My bp went up as high as 193/110.I was so scared,i tot a lot of negative things.But as God may have it when my baby was getting to 11 months,d bp normalised and i regained back my confidence.
But i still told my self dat baby making will be on hold.
After my dd first birthday,I noticed that i was pregnant again.I feel like my world has collapsed.I hated my hubby for giving me Belle and my self for not been smart.I tot of what i passed tru previously,i was scared.Thats why i didn't identify my self with my team mates here cos,i was not excited.
Long story short, that pregnancy is the most easiest.Wasnt admitted for one day.Bp was good.On d delivery day, labor was short easy.

Finally,i so much love this boy as if he is my first issue.I thank God every day for diz gift.
So great mother's, don't be afraid, go for it when you are emotionally ready for it.
God will make it easier diz time around.

Apologies for my long epistle.

25 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by greatp80(f): 11:35pm On Apr 26, 2018
On another note,if actually you want to space your child,abeg go for better family planning method.Pls forget condom, withdrawal method.They are not reliable at all.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ilyfavoured: 4:19am On Apr 27, 2018
[quote author=Ilyfavoured post=66864406]
Mamas that LOs BCG's site didn't swell after 6 weeks. Please what did you do and when did you act?

Awaiting response please
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 8:28am On Apr 27, 2018
Loooool, CS is a bitch but for me that's not even my primary fear. In fact I'd rather do elective CS than go through the induction, labour for 12 hours and then emergency CS that I did...maybe because they gave me drugs even before I asked sef, I was doped up real good...hehehe

My ish is the impact on my career to be honest, there's so much I had to postpone because of childbirth, I need to catch up. I have absolutely no regrets but that "do what you want to do quickly" doesn't work for me. I was at a comfortable place in my career before I chose to have the first, now I know where I would like to be before the next and getting there will take a few years. I'm determined to get there before I slow down again for one more. I lost 2 career years with my first (ABSOLUTELY NO REGRETS THOUGH), gotta get it back before the next. I know how much I had to deal with getting guys picked for developmental stuff over me because pregnant/nursing etc so I can't do it in quick succession abeg. I chose the route of FP cos I can't stress myself, whatever works for you is the koko.

Now to my point, I don't think you should apologise for your choices, I have a friend whose husband and her agreed to the 1 child they have. If you talk, they'll tell you to bring 20M (their calculated cost of raising a child till 18). If you don't have 20M for them, mind your own damn business. For you take your time, be comfortable with where you are mentally and emotionally before you take the plunge. Be sure you're not talking one child out of fear, be sure it's what you really want

PS: Also be mentally prepared for surprises if you are going the withdrawal route, so you won't get depressed if it does happen, me I will sha be here laughing kwakwakwa at all of you

spiceeamiee:
Awww...Huge Congrats G.

11 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Anugod(f): 8:29am On Apr 27, 2018
greatp80:
On another note,if actually you want to space your child,abeg go for better family planning method.Pls forget condom, withdrawal method.They are not reliable at all.
Me that my dh loathes family planning nko? He doesn't even want to hear it, what do I do na? I kent shout o
Hunniesuzie don't laugh o angry cos it won't be funny o. cheesy I don't know what to do with my dh. Even my mum has drummed it on me to go for fp, but this guyman no wan hear.
I have sha told him no cd, no action. But seeing as cd sef is not reliable, fear is kashing me o angry

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Anugod(f): 8:41am On Apr 27, 2018
Nimi22:
Anugod you thought of giving one to your mum if another one comes. I told myself I was going to abort it immediately if I get pregnant now.
Lmao. My oga wee not even hear of it
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Anugod(f): 8:44am On Apr 27, 2018
spiceeamiee:

Surro gini? grin grin This old school husband of mine wee just ask you if the person carrying it has two heads angry If she can, why not you? sad grin

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 8:48am On Apr 27, 2018
beautyuche:
Good day mama,
I had my son 3 weeks ago suddenly he is having rash on his face alone. While his body is very much smooth what can be d cause. The same thing is happening with my sister's baby too.
could be baby acne and will clear in a few weeks by itself.

Also don't let the oil applied to the scalp trickle down his forehead that may contribute too.
You may stop applying any cream to his face till it clears.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 8:51am On Apr 27, 2018
Truth is, even FP is not 100% reliable, abstinence sef isn't sure for you, ask Virgin Mary...hehehe

With regards to husbands saying no to FP, sometimes it's education that is key. Ask him what exactly he is scared of? If it's messing up your system, non hormonal methods exist. However if he still doesn't agree, condoms are very ok abeg just use good condoms, Wear properly, dispose immediately after (no waste time with cuddling after), you should be fine.

Anugod:
Me that my dh loathes family planning nko? He doesn't even want to hear it, what do I do na? I kent shout o
Hunniesuzie don't laugh o angry cos it won't be funny o. cheesy I don't know what to do with my dh. Even my mum has drummed it on me to go for fp, but this guyman no wan hear.
I have sha told him no cd, no action. But seeing as cd sef is not reliable, fear is kashing me o angry

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 8:54am On Apr 27, 2018
[quote author=Ilyfavoured post=67064563][/quote] I think after 6 months is the time to go for a Mantoux test.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Anugod(f): 9:09am On Apr 27, 2018
Ilyfavoured:
Mamas that LOs BCG's site didn't swell after 6 weeks. Please what did you do and when did you act?

Awaiting response please
Mine didn't swell at 6 weeks or even 14 weeks. We're 5 months plus now and I just noticed the swelling last month. I think you should wait till like 6 months. It should show before then
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Anugod(f): 9:10am On Apr 27, 2018
hunniesuzie:
Truth is, even FP is not 100% reliable, abstinence sef isn't sure for you, ask Virgin Mary...hehehe

With regards to husbands saying no to FP, sometimes it's education that is key. Ask him what exactly he is scared of? If it's messing up your system, non hormonal methods exist. However if he still doesn't agree, condoms are very ok abeg just use good condoms, Wear properly, dispose immediately after (no waste time with cuddling after), you should be fine.

Hmmmm, ok na. Thanks sis
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lioha(f): 9:22am On Apr 27, 2018
Mother's pls can a 2years old child take rota vaccine.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Bloomingbud(f): 9:29am On Apr 27, 2018
UmmTwins2:
Congrats Giddyperson. Wishing u a healthy n happy preggy journey. Hope giddybaby is good now. Weldone
Anugod n spiceeamiee I feel u mamas. The after CS pain no be small tin. I thought the pain wld never end. If not that my first was a vaginal birth, maybe I wldnt want more babies sef. In fact, I said it after my CS that thank God we have two kids already ; a boy n a girl so any which way i'm good if we decide to hang booth o grin Thank God the whole ordeal is a distant memory now sha.....n i'm open to the "another serving, please?" option wink but we'r taking a long sabbatical for now. My baby is almost 8mths old. I wonder why ppl used to say CS is the easier way out. The after surgery pain can put the fear of God in somborri

I thought I was the only one who felt like this, the pain is out of this world though it's a life saver for both mother and child, your last sentence is so on point.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 9:34am On Apr 27, 2018
hunniesuzie:

@ bolded cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lioha(f): 9:45am On Apr 27, 2018
Anugod:
Mine didn't swell at 6 weeks or even 14 weeks. We're 5 months plus now and I just noticed the swelling last month. I think you should wait till like 6 months. It should show before then

Must it swell? My ds is 25months and I didn't notice any swell at all not even a scare or was it not well given? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Bloomingbud(f): 9:51am On Apr 27, 2018
Talking about the fear of pregnancy
I remember our first sex postpartum after dh had promised heaven on earth to withdraw the guy con dey change mind as e dey sweet him I just started shouting
' yeey modaran o ti fun mi loyun' (yeey I'm in trouble u don give me Belle)
With my shout hubby rushed out and won't forget the episode in a hurry.
After that I went for arm implant to avoid story that touch.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 9:55am On Apr 27, 2018
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Bloomingbud:
I remember our first sex postpartum after dh had promised heaven on earth to withdraw the guy con dey change mind as e dey sweet him I just started shouting

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Waladade4luv(m): 10:02am On Apr 27, 2018
Mamas in the house help oh madam tested positive and baby is just 6 months old
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nimi22(f): 10:02am On Apr 27, 2018
Bloomingbud:

Matured idiot. grin grin grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nneejima(f): 10:06am On Apr 27, 2018
@ Spiceeamiee, i thought i was the only one afraid of getting pregnant again,, please lets do it once more , na why i dey beg make they tell me what to do to birth twin but nobody wants to help my ministry.

No team July z back yet ....

I wish its possible to wake up and see grown-up kids around me as my own children..... But its not possible

(1) (2) (3) ... (1681) (1682) (1683) (1684) (1685) (1686) (1687) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: oxygenator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.