Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,450 members, 7,850,571 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:03 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1690) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4447648 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1687) (1688) (1689) (1690) (1691) (1692) (1693) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tutulicious(f): 9:36am On Apr 30, 2018
jazzyjazz:

Limi Hospital.
Thank you ma.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tutulicious(f): 9:40am On Apr 30, 2018
holutosin:
I hope my response is not coming late, I took it for my baby at Fmc Jabi, Airport road for 7,700 and a friend also got for her baby at General hospital wuse for 5,500.

No ma it was very timely I will check for it at Wuse Hospital I will be going on the 3 of May. Thank you.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FexCathy: 10:05am On Apr 30, 2018
hunniesuzie:
The infection may not have cleared. Was it viral or bacterial? Viral infections don't go with medication, they have to run their course. Wait for the results and take it from there

Also I heard that molar something na oba

Pele

You can say that again o! The fever that comes when the molars are about to sprout nor be here o!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by HolySteph(f): 10:16am On Apr 30, 2018
[quote author=Graciouscharis post=67095719][/quote]
My baby is 3months n 3weeks. Yes he can turn his head. But i just felt i was overdoing it for him amd i dont want to lie him face up too much as well, to avoid a flat ogor.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by HolySteph(f): 10:17am On Apr 30, 2018
nahzyla:

Sleeping face down is very dangerous.... . have you tried sideways?
Yes i have but he cries whe ever i put him in that position.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 10:32am On Apr 30, 2018
Nimi22:
Pls mamas that give their babies tom brown to creche, how do you do It? I read here it can't be put in flask. Will I take the powder form to creche? How will it be cooked? Pls help me out

cc queensnow
Naomi14
spiceeamiee
abeg don't jump and pass
[s]My pikin never start creche so no idea ma'am[/s] what I do at home when I make excess is to put the bowl I store it is to reheat it by placing in hot boiling water cus I no getfood flask
So if there's access to kitchen in her creche u can just leave it in a storage bowl and ask them to reheat it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by spiceeamiee(f): 10:43am On Apr 30, 2018
I prepare and put inside a vaccum flask. I noticed that it solidifies if I put it in a stainless flask so I use vaccum flask. Do not add milk to it. Measure out the milk in a container so when they pour to feed your baby,they can measure the quantity of milk and put inside.

Nimi22:
Pls mamas that give their babies tom brown to creche, how do you do It? I read here it can't be put in flask. Will I take the powder form to creche? How will it be cooked? Pls help me out

cc queensnow
Naomi14
spiceeamiee
abeg don't jump and pass
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mrstheo(f): 10:48am On Apr 30, 2018
[quote author=Naomi14 post=67147109]Dont be sad! Not being able to breast feed your baby,
doesnt make you less a mom.

What worked for me was, i reduced stress, take pap without sugar. Take cooked white rice with stew and tea.

You could get fenugreek some mamas that have used it will come give direction. Cc: enque [/quote ok mama, thanks so much
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mrstheo(f): 10:49am On Apr 30, 2018
hunniesuzie:
Stress is one of the key dryers and drainers of breast milk sef. Stop stressing about it, eat properly, drink a lot of water, feed baby with what you can and supplement with formula if it isn't enough. A good mother is one who FEEDS her child. Food can be breast milk or formula, anyone that you are capable of doing, so far you are healthy (physically and mentally) and your baby is too then you're good

thanks for ur advise
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by blex444: 11:36am On Apr 30, 2018
Good day wonderful mamas,How is our lo's? trust they are doing great.God bless us all.Amen

@floraEC sorry mama, be strong it is well.

@Pweetiebabe ,Happy 6m old to your son,may he always make you smile...cheers!

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rvpbae: 12:00pm On Apr 30, 2018
hunniesuzie:
Baby carrier, You don't need to pay for an extra seat (but you'll pay a little extra for his "ticket"wink. It's a short flight so you should be fine. For take off and landing they'll give you a belt extender so you can strap him properly. Dress him normally for the weather and take a shawl so you can cover him if necessary

Nimi22:

Yes you can breastfeed. He shouldn't be cranky but you know babies react differently.

Thank you
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 12:05pm On Apr 30, 2018
wow ahnie, congrats. God will surely make provision before their arrival. twinnie!!!!!!!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rvpbae: 12:07pm On Apr 30, 2018
eribooboo:
Ofcuz u can breastfeed, when checking in request for window seat n have ur shawl with u,u r good to go...its a short flight so ur baby shld b fine...a tip to help with d ear stuff some Pple hv during takeoff n landing,make sure ur baby is sucking at both times(take off n landing) to help with d pressure smtin smtin...alwys did dat for my baby wen travelling..u dnt pay for extra seat,u carry ur baby all thru n d fee is usually a certain % of d adult flight,usually not much....have a lovely flight baby grin

Thanks mama
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lululuv(f): 12:35pm On Apr 30, 2018
spiceeamiee:
Your boy now walks? That's huge! Should say congrats? Lok grin

I just thank God for him
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lululuv(f): 12:37pm On Apr 30, 2018
kidco:

New stock
Call 09032730510

@ wat age shoukd one buy these books
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 12:57pm On Apr 30, 2018
Hello guys, as promised, the post about why you shouldn't be pushing tablets is up.

http://nefescorner.com/tablets-television-and-nigerian-toddler/

Lululuv, the time to start reading to kids is now. smiley my 2 and a half year old could identify her nursery rhymes based on pages from her books. She knew what she was reading because she identified the pictures to the songs we sang.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by angeltolly(f): 12:58pm On Apr 30, 2018
Pweetiebabe:
Oluwa O tobi O tobi o O tobi, Our God is an awesome God....Guess who is 6months today? My everyday crush Zion Inioluwa Son I decree into your life wisdom and knowledge that cannot b insulted after the order o Solomon, may you grow in wisdom,knowledge and understanding dear....Mama loves u

kiss kiss kiss cute bobo
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by perfectcrown(f): 1:31pm On Apr 30, 2018
hunniesuzie:
Sleeping with the left leg and right leg extended at exactly 77.5 degrees is one of the primary signs of pregnancy in young girls grin

grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by perfectcrown(f): 1:33pm On Apr 30, 2018
Pweetiebabe:
Oluwa O tobi O tobi o O tobi, Our God is an awesome God....Guess who is 6months today? My everyday crush Zion Inioluwa Son I decree into your life wisdom and knowledge that cannot b insulted after the order o Solomon, may you grow in wisdom,knowledge and understanding dear....Mama loves u

God bless this cutie! Don't i just love those eyes!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 1:36pm On Apr 30, 2018
Gr8fulHeart:
Hello everyone . e haff tay small. Greetings from d oda side. In other words my boy is a year today and im not impressed with his weight. We normally carry egg. Pap. Nutrilac to creche. Can't put food there cos I'm scared of choking. Though he eats swallow at home when I'm back from work. My question is this. For ppl who use packaged food like August secrets or babygrubz wich can I buy to add to the food he eats at creche and will make him "fat" a bit. I read one mama recommend pediasure drink. But no one sells it where I'm based. Is there any oda recommendations. I'm open to suggestions
Cc giddypergiddyper son . ZayniZayni e . jazzjazz yjazz. LiftedLifted hands. Everyone . thanks in advance
You've been given great tips already just let go of the fear.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 1:41pm On Apr 30, 2018
HolySteph:
Mamas pls o help me out...

My baby sleeps longer facing down than up and that gives me enough time to sleep and do other things. He isnt used to sleeping up for longer hours and thats my major concern bcus i heard sleeping down isnt safe for infants.

Pls what can i do to help him sleep longer facing up cus ill soon stop placing face down except tummy time?
Lolz my son slept better and longer facing down till now. What I do is to make sure the bed is clutter free and use zip up sheets! That way no ruffles or loose material to cause suffocation.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 1:52pm On Apr 30, 2018
redsocks:
Hello sabi mamas, please what can I give my ds to stop this sudden interest in biting me and other object. This one has passed ordinary mouthing. TIA
Give him a slight tap with your fingers on his mouth whenever he bites, that worked for us when my son will bite any yansh he sees.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 1:54pm On Apr 30, 2018
omonifamily:
I don port here o, delivered on 24th of this month. Officially now a mother , who's welcoming me here pls.

So, senior mamas, my baby has bin discharging ipin ( what's d Eng) since but don't know what to do. People have bin advising me to be dropping breastmilk in the eyes but don't know how safe it is.
Mamas pls help d new mum o
Welcome here, the BM works too or you use a clean wash cloth dipped in slightly salted water to wipe the eyes sideways.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 2:01pm On Apr 30, 2018
Rhemy2013:
Mama's guess who is a year old today
Its my babyD,tripleD(demilade,desire,donald) birthday tongue
Am wishing u more more yrs in good health together.
I love you my sunshine kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Happy birthday to baby D3! Wishing him all the best in life.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 2:06pm On Apr 30, 2018
FloraEC:
Good evening mama's.

Abeg no waka pass cos we(hubby and I) don't want to do another vigilante this night. I no dy ask too much question

What can I use for my DD temperature, she's 23months? We've been on admission since Thursday and was discharged yesterday afternoon, the lab result showed malaria and infection. Yesterday night she started running temp that we wrapped her up with towel after pouring water on her and was taking turn to change the towel. Her temperature went from 38.8-37 yesterday night and I noticed she's cutting out her 2nd molar. We went to see a pediatrician this morning, he gave her injection for the fever, took her blood sample for another test and gave us Para, told us to stop ibuprofen. Told us he's suspecting sepsis, hubby is blaming me, her school and anything blameable.

Please is the new tooth the cause of the fever or my pregnancy(I'm 30+weeeks gone)? How can I stop the fever kpatakpata cos I'm tired
Aww sorry about that hope the temp has normalised now? It may be the school, 90 % kids will fall ill the first year of school.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 2:19pm On Apr 30, 2018
mrstheo:
Hello mamas in the house, I'm a First time mum, I gave birth two weeks ago and my breast milk hasn't been flowing well so I got formular for my baby. For the past two weeks now have been so depressed cos I can't really breast fed my baby..i feel like I'm not a good mother. I'm so sad. Pls mamas I need some advise.
Stop putting yourself down! Not breastfeeding doesn't make you less of mom.

Keep putting your baby to breast and soon you both will get the hang of it.

Formula isn't a bad thing .

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nneejima(f): 2:25pm On Apr 30, 2018
Pweetiebabe:
Oluwa O tobi O tobi o O tobi, Our God is an awesome God....Guess who is 6months today? My everyday crush Zion Inioluwa Son I decree into your life wisdom and knowledge that cannot b insulted after the order of Solomon, may you grow in wisdom,knowledge and understanding dear....Mama loves u
Amen to ur prayers, how time flies. He looks so cute
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by HolySteph(f): 2:26pm On Apr 30, 2018
Liftedhands:
Lolz my son slept better and longer facing down till now. What I do is to make sure the bed is clutter free and use zip up sheets! That way no ruffles or loose material to cause suffocation.
Oh! ok,,thanks much.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 2:28pm On Apr 30, 2018
linda190:
Hello anyone, i am Linda. I had sex with my boy friend some weeks ago and i am beginning to feel that i am pregnant. I also read on www.evrytin.com that swelling of the abdomen is a sign of pregnancy in young girls...

Anyone please tell me the signs and symptoms of pregnancy in a young girl of the age 16 - 20 yrs.
la'click la' bend, if your stomach is swollen you are not pregnant but need to use the toilet! Too much shiit is making It swell. angry

8 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 2:29pm On Apr 30, 2018
Pweetiebabe:
Oluwa O tobi O tobi o O tobi, Our God is an awesome God....Guess who is 6months today? My everyday crush Zion Inioluwa Son I decree into your life wisdom and knowledge that cannot b insulted after the order of Solomon, may you grow in wisdom,knowledge and understanding dear....Mama loves u
Cutie happy 6 months dear.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by omotolanibaby(f): 2:32pm On Apr 30, 2018
Pweetiebabe:
congratulations, my love to him
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 2:36pm On Apr 30, 2018
Wow,how time flies.See how grown he is.May God bless n keep him.
Pweetiebabe:

(1) (2) (3) ... (1687) (1688) (1689) (1690) (1691) (1692) (1693) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.