Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,356 members, 7,853,582 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 07:30 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1768) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4451441 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1765) (1766) (1767) (1768) (1769) (1770) (1771) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iaatmgirl: 10:28pm On Jun 07, 2018
Thank you all my wonderful mamas for putting my mind at rest.

I'd go ahead with the continuous oiling.

God bless you all. Sorry I can't quote everyone. I'm just staring at lo eating n sleeping now. He wasn't eating initially.

Good night all

6 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 11:19pm On Jun 07, 2018
Anugod:

As for the puree, you can cut up the apples into bits and boil then blend with little water.

How does your apple puree taste when you use this your boiling method?

Why not steam rather than boil. By that, you retain more nutrients and taste.

I prepare ours by blending/gratinģ the apple first. afterwards, the blended apple is poured into a mug and then steamed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Meeeeey: 12:01am On Jun 08, 2018
Liftedhands:
Lolz at dismiss you may not be intentional. You can start him on it but be sure he completes the duration. The antibiotic is usually given so as to get to the source incase of an infection.

You can add vitamin C syrup to boost his immune system as you treat the cough.

Its best you nip it now before it gets out of hand.

Ok, thank you Ma. I didn't notice d cough today but I ll keep observing

At the bolded, maybe it wasn't intentional, but she made me feel like I wasted my time. FTM fever

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Meeeeey: 12:04am On Jun 08, 2018
Giddyperson:

Lol most doctors are usually dismissive until baby starts showing serious symptoms. Since she believed you enough to prescribe antibiotics, she wasn't so dismissive cuz that's what they prescribe for serious cough. The ones I know would have given you just Vitamin C and Multivite and any other just-so-you-don't-leave-empty-handed kinda drugs. With what I know now I sha won't go to hospital for a once-a-day cough, I'd give Vitc and watch, and go only if it seems to be getting more frequent.

Thank you Ma'am, I will continue observing it.

I'm just getting used to this Drs. Lol
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Anugod(f): 6:46am On Jun 08, 2018
JGracious:

How does your apple puree taste when you use this your boiling method?

Why not steam rather than boil. By that, you retain more nutrients and taste.

I prepare ours by blending/gratinģ the apple first. afterwards, the blended apple is poured into a mug and then steamed.

Sorry, I actually meant steam.
CC. opella

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Bloomingbud(f): 9:13am On Jun 08, 2018
Newmercies:
Some of my colleagues asked me to use hot water and silverbird and some says hot water and Robb but I wasn't comfortable with it so I decided to ask mothers here.

Thanks @ Liftedhands , JGracious and Hunniesuzie. God bless u.

I used hot and silver bird to steam for my baby and she is fine now.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 10:57am On Jun 08, 2018
Bia giddyperson, Please give me review on oriflame foundy & powder.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mzleemah(f): 11:20am On Jun 08, 2018
My 10 months old ds has been having loose stool since Wednesday, every other thing seems normal. What can i do to stop the poo.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Licious07(f): 11:40am On Jun 08, 2018
Mzleemah:
My 10 months old ds has been having loose stool since Wednesday, every other thing seems normal. What can i do to stop the poo.
Please give him ORS and Zinc and watch for a few days. Kindly give him water as often as he can take and watch the meals he eat. He might be reacting to a particular food, milk or cereal. Or just a teething symptom.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 2:09pm On Jun 08, 2018
Anugod:
I got tired of making puffs every day, so we decided to start experimenting. grin You can plait that two hand style (matting or wetin dem dey call am?). We plait all kinds of styles now, we just loosed shade, cheesy last week we made two steps, cheesy maybe we'd make chuku next. grin
I simply distract her with lots of play things and cartoons, and hopefully we have a drama free time. It's worth it for me cos the one we just loosed was made on Sunday. We loosed today, made puffs for tomorrow before washing for the weekend. She hardly even notices when she's busy playing, so I don't think it hurts her much. I hold it lightly tho.

As for the puree, you can cut up the apples into bits and boil then blend with little water. You can make carrot puree same way. No need to boil the banana, just mash, maybe add little water to lighten it. But don't do banana puree too often o, cos it could cause constipation.
We did exclusive too, but my baby eats any and everything, except okro. She looovves semo and egusi. cheesy But we do mostly baby foods for now cos seems her system is not very ready to process much adult food. We fight over cerelac most times but she takes formular pretty well.
What do you apply on her hair, she's too cute
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Anugod(f): 3:37pm On Jun 08, 2018
Giddyperson:

What do you apply on her hair, she's too cute
Thanks. It's blue magic castor oil.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Roseey0(f): 3:42pm On Jun 08, 2018
Anugod:
Your baby is so cute kiss
What bath set are u using?
I love her colour too
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jun 08, 2018
Please my baby's fingernails are too sharp whether the nails are trimmed or not ( to the extent that she scratches her face and injures herself. I wear hand gloves, but at night when sleeping, she manages to take them off.

Is it OK if I use my nail file or what can I use? Seeing this marks on her face is paining me.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 4:05pm On Jun 08, 2018
booqee:
Please my baby's fingernails are too sharp whether the nails are trimmed or not ( to the extent that she scratches her face and injures herself. I wear hand gloves, but at night when sleeping, she manages to take them off.

Is it OK if I use my nail file or what can I use? Seeing this marks on her face is paining me.
Get those buffer nail file, it should do.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 4:12pm On Jun 08, 2018
Anugod:
Thanks, is it specifically for babies or can you post a pic so I don't get a wrong one and does it soften and moisturize hair for easy combing

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jun 08, 2018
Liftedhands:
Get those buffer nail file, it should do.
which is buffer nail file? Dyu have one so I can see a pic. Thank i
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 4:18pm On Jun 08, 2018
booqee:

Happens when i 'trim' my baby's nails too so I don't even bother. Hubby is in charge of nailcutting, and he cuts off everything so she can't scratch anything until it grows again. He even cuts mine too cuz fear would not let me cut all of mine talk more baby. Nail file sounds like a good idea, but buy a soft one o dedicated only to baby.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kelizosuy(f): 4:24pm On Jun 08, 2018
Good afternoon mamas..

Please I need tips on how to wean biko embarassed embarassed
My princess has 5tooth already and since then my breast has not been the same embarassed embarassed embarassed.. The bites ehn are becoming unbearable..

Someone should please give me weaning tips.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Anugod(f): 4:31pm On Jun 08, 2018
Roseey0:

Your baby is so cute kiss
What bath set are u using?
I love her colour too
Lol, thanks. I think she took her father's complexion, tho we have a bet that she'll still turn to my complexion after I don use body rub her finish grin
We use boots baby soap to bath. We hardly rub cream o, cos of heat.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Anugod(f): 4:32pm On Jun 08, 2018
Giddyperson:
Thanks, is it specifically for babies or can you post a pic so I don't get a wrong one and does it soften and moisturize hair for easy combing
Exactly. It's this one. Yes, it does soften and moisturize. I applied on her hair before loosing it, and she didn't even notice I was combing.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 4:40pm On Jun 08, 2018
booqee:
which is buffer nail file? Dyu have one so I can see a pic. Thank i
see pics, there are thinner ones too.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Awesomemama: 4:57pm On Jun 08, 2018
Anugod:

Lemme save this for my baby girl grin
My baby boy refused to come with hair cry

Your princess is too cute kiss

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jun 08, 2018
Giddyperson:
Happens when i 'trim' my baby's nails too so I don't even bother. Hubby is in charge of nailcutting, and he cuts off everything so she can't scratch anything until it grows again. He even cuts mine too cuz fear would not let me cut all of mine talk more baby. Nail file sounds like a good idea, but buy a soft one o dedicated only to baby.
good idea. Thank u
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jun 08, 2018
Liftedhands:
see pics, there are thinner ones too.
this looks very baby friendly. Thanks!

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jun 08, 2018
You can use a file for babies. It comes in a set. I would have snapped it but not yet home.
booqee:

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jun 08, 2018
Don't wean her yet. She can hear you. Whenever she is about to bite tell her not to. Before you know she will stop. Once my baby is about to draw the nipple, I will say in a stern voice, don't! And she starts smilingI I tell you, they know what they are doing. I still breastfeed my baby with 8 sharp teeth.

kelizosuy:
Good afternoon mamas..

Please I need tips on how to wean biko embarassed embarassed
My princess has 5tooth already and since then my breast has not been the same embarassed embarassed embarassed.. The bites ehn are becoming unbearable..

Someone should please give me weaning tips.

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kelizosuy(f): 5:46pm On Jun 08, 2018
I've tried that oh but she just ends up laughing. She bites and drags my breast and she's biting everything she sees now even other people that carry her
Naomi14:
Don't wean her yet. She can hear you. Whenever she is about to bite tell her not to. Before you know she will stop. I still breastfeed my baby with 8 sharp teeth.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bookholla(f): 6:14pm On Jun 08, 2018
Good evening mamas in the house.make your bookings...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jun 08, 2018
Lmao cheesy cheesy cheesy
kelizosuy:
I've tried that oh but she just ends up laughing. She bites and drags my breast and she's biting everything she sees now even other people that carry her
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rvpbae: 6:45pm On Jun 08, 2018
Abeg mamas help biko. The rashes I complained about on my ds face has come back and now it's worse and equally on his neck. It isn't terrible o but I don't just like it, as it looks off. Please what can I do?

I know some disappear on their own, i don't know if this is one of such, he is 11weeks.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 7:33pm On Jun 08, 2018
rvpbae:
Abeg mamas help biko. The rashes I complained about on my ds face has come back and now it's worse and equally on his neck. It isn't terrible o but I don't just like it, as it looks off. Please what can I do?

I know some disappear on their own, i don't know if this is one of such, he is 11weeks.

What kind of rashes? Are you sure it's not caused by heat. If it is, reduce the layers of his clothing.
You can also stop rubbing oil on his face and neck area.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jun 08, 2018
Naomi14:
You can use a file for babies. It comes in a set. I would have snapped it but not yet home.
thank you very much

(1) (2) (3) ... (1765) (1766) (1767) (1768) (1769) (1770) (1771) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.