Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,022 members, 7,818,024 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:04 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1829) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4404007 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1826) (1827) (1828) (1829) (1830) (1831) (1832) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lessonslearned: 2:42am On Jul 16, 2018
Liftedhands:
Calm down abeg why getting scared have I said it's something terrible?

Babies get lots of skin issues that look alike, seeing your doctor who will check him and probably run tests is your best bet in getting an accurate diagnosis .

Whatever it may be it definitely has a remedy! Let your doctor be the one to tell you, I can only speculate cos it looked like what my son had and doctor said it's a viral skin infection which antibiotics and topical ointment took care of.

Geez calm down mama.....
All you had to say was this since oh.....

It looks like but make sure u see your doctor.....

Pls don't be angry....
Have a lot of over sabi well meaning mothers who are always offering this or that and a MIL who is always fighting me at every turn wanting to give my baby this or that n making me feel like it's my fault stuff happens cos I refuse to listen.....

This stuff has been called different names n different pics painted....

No you didn't say anything bad

Sorry just wanted to calm down before the long wait to see the doctor....

Oh and I don't know if babies get a lot of skin issues am a FTM
Thanks anyway

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AmJane(f): 6:06am On Jul 16, 2018
zaynie:

Sent to all 13 moms.
Seen.
Thanks a lot mama and God bless you.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 9:44am On Jul 16, 2018
Congrats teamie.Set ur mind at ease.These will surely be diff and smooth for you.God got ur back sis.
Jaygrl:
cry I had DS April 21st 2017,he is 1yr2months+ via ELCS. Dear Hubby and I played very rough play on our birth days in June,I wasn't even thinking. I was really sick on Friday and the doctor asked my last menstrual period(LMP) that was when I even realized my period was late. That is how I did a PT on Saturday and it turned out positive.

Choi!!! I am still trying to get a new nanny for my son and all that. I stopped breastfeeding him 3weeks ago,I just wanted to have myself and my body back and kpakam!! another baby on the way.

When I was pregnant for DS I was in and out of hospital as my first scan showed I had fibroids and the fibroid started to degenerate around the second trimester,I was always in pain. So now I am thinking,if this has to happen again how will DH cope with DS when I am on admission in the hospital.

I know God is going to perfect all that concerns me and this pregnancy. Let me go and mark present in pregnancy thread.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ubiero(f): 10:00am On Jul 16, 2018
Dear Mamas,

How long does it take for the navel to close completely after the umbilical cord falls off because my grandma said the hole should have closed by now.

Also, yesterday I noticed my baby was very fussy and uncomfortable. I reasoned that it could be because he tried to stool but only a tiny speck of stool stained his pampers. So I asked my grandma to help me use the peppersoup spice and coconut oil to help him pass out the stool which he did. Later in the evening before his bathe, I saw he had passed out the same stain of stool and I asked her to repeat it seeing that he was uncomfortable. She did again and he passed out stool. Till now, he still has not passed out stool even though he has stained his pampers twice with the stain of stool.

He has been stooling with ease. I don't know what could be the problem. I know sometimes most babies don't stool for a while. The problem is he actually wants to stool and makes the grunting noise when he tries but nothing comes out.

Please help me out.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mydreams25: 10:15am On Jul 16, 2018
Sansa143:
1. Dharyor1234--------------------------------- Team XY EDD 20 April.
2. Mydreams25--------------------------------- Team XY, EDD 12 April
3. Giddyperson----------------------------------Team XX, EDD 10 April
4. Prettmum------------------------------------ Team XY, EDD 16 April
5. Ahnie---------------------------------------- -Team XY EDD 30 April
6. Gr8fulheart-----------------------------------Team XY EDD 26 April
7. Unic1------------------------------------------Offloaded, Handsome Prince. Ported to March 29
8. Folamee---------------------------------------Team XX EDD 11 April
9.Sweetestmum--------------------------------Team ?? EDD ?? April
10.Olukunle5--------------------------------------Team Surprise EDD
11.Abiagirl777-----------------------------------Team ?? EDD 28 April
12.Tutucious-------------------------------------Team XY EDD
13. Ijeoma2728-----------------------------------Offloaded April 2nd. Handsome Prince
14. Kloness----------------------------------------Team XX EDD 17 April
15.sansa143-------------------------------------Team XY EDD 13
16.Titony1 ----------------------------------------Team ?? EDD 20 April.
17.Myrygurl --------------------------------------Team XX EDD 28 April
18.Mzezkay---------------------------------------Team ?? EDD ?? April
19. Roselok---------------------------------------Team XY EDD 03 April
20. Sholai-----------------------------------------Team XY EDD 24 April
21. poshestmina---------------------------------- team ?? EDD 26th April
22. Nicoleswizzi------------------------------------Team XX EDD 13th April
23. Fattamyfattamy...............................:::::::::::::::: Team ?? EDD ??
24. Finepatty..............................XY EDD 27
25. Afollyshade....................................

Dis is to serve as a reminder.Our 4th tt is dis mnth.Do d needful so we don't start all over
Thanks teamie, I have gotten mine last two weeks. Still in the mood of birthday, happy birthday to you may this new year usher in blessings and favours for you in Jesus name. Amen.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mummydd: 10:16am On Jul 16, 2018
olubankemi:

Just as Liftedhands said, kindly stop the sudocream, his skin I can see is open, it might cause further irritatation if you continue with it. Dont use medicated powder too. Stop using spunch and soap for now as well. Best powder is just the normal white powder. Hw is reacting to something or you over cover him.

Let him get some fresh air, wear him cloth acording to the weather. See a doctor as advised fast.

What soap and cream do you use for him?

Wish him well.

Thanks mama. I use Cussons soap and coconut oil on him. He had catarrh at a time and I covered him very well that period. It was after then I started seeing it. Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mummydd: 10:17am On Jul 16, 2018
Liftedhands:
Hospital biko, stop the sudocream too.

Never heard or seen anything like this,did your mum say what causes it?.

Alright thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 10:38am On Jul 16, 2018
Ubiero:
Dear Mamas,

How long does it take for the navel to close completely after the umbilical cord falls off because my grandma said the hole should have closed by now.

Also, yesterday I noticed my baby was very fussy and uncomfortable. I reasoned that it could be because he tried to stool but only a tiny speck of stool stained his pampers. So I asked my grandma to help me use the peppersoup spice and coconut oil to help him pass out the stool which he did. Later in the evening before his bathe, I saw he had passed out the same stain of stool and I asked her to repeat it seeing that he was uncomfortable. She did again and he passed out stool. Till now, he still has not passed out stool even though he has stained his pampers twice with the stain of stool.

He has been stooling with ease. I don't know what could be the problem. I know sometimes most babies don't stool for a while. The problem is he actually wants to stool and makes the grunting noise when he tries but nothing comes out.

Please help me out.
You don't have to give him peppersoup cheesy anytime he wants to poop. As long as the poop is not strong, let him strain, he's just learning and getting used to it, and would still poop without your help if you let him.

As for navel, I can't remember how long before it actually closed up but if your baby is older than a month then maybe you should see a doctor
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mummydd: 10:52am On Jul 16, 2018
FloraEC:

Ọbọ is a boil that spread to another place when accidentally bursted and the water touch another site.

This one I'm seeing is not ọbọ, looks like skin reaction. See a doc

My mum said it's normal in new borns but as advised I will see a Dr. Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 11:02am On Jul 16, 2018
Jennifer89:

Hmm after giving birth to my son who is 21 months old I have been experiencing pain on my right wrist.

Sabi mamas what could be the cause?
It will go, According to what I heard, that the pain is always associated with baby boys' pregnancy. I don't know how true sha.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mummydd: 11:02am On Jul 16, 2018
Akorkor:

Please and please. I beg you in the name of God take your son to the hospital. Something like this is happening and you are still using sudocream. This boy skin is obviously open. Haba, Biko carry him to hospital first thing tomorrow morning.

And I also noticed we over dressed our children in Nigeria, please don’t over dress him. Wear cloth according to the weather.

Let doctor give you prescription on what to use for your son

Thanks. The skin is not open.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rhemy2013(f): 11:15am On Jul 16, 2018
Chai after 15month of post delivery,af Jst dey show today grin,if no be say i wean my boy upper lastweek i no it will still be on strike

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ubiero(f): 11:26am On Jul 16, 2018
Giddyperson:

You don't have to give him peppersoup cheesy anytime he wants to poop. As long as the poop is not strong, let him strain, he's just learning and getting used to it, and would still poop without your help if you let him.

As for navel, I can't remember how long before it actually closed up but if your baby is older than a month then maybe you should see a doctor

Thank you.

I noticed that if I lay him on his tummy, he will cry until you put him on his back but once the stool comes out, he is comfortable with any position you lay him. The discomfort lasts as long as 8 hours and will not be able to nap or sleep until the stool has come out.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 11:33am On Jul 16, 2018
How old is your LO? Is he exclusively fed? If not do you give water?
I don't understand the bolded. Please search colic on this thread, if that's what is wrong with your baby then helping him pass stool is not a solution, please don't do it again. Bicycle kicks and laying him on his stomach when he's awake will help until the colic passes

Ubiero:
Dear Mamas,

Please help me out.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 11:46am On Jul 16, 2018
Our month of Medicine is still going on o! Are you following the
Blog: www.nefescorner.com
Instagram: @nefes_corner
Twitter: @nefescorner

We will be updating you with what Drs and Nurses wish parents knew before stepping to the hospital.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 11:47am On Jul 16, 2018
The picture you posted is not normal in newborns please

This is not to alarm you but to emphasize what other mamas have told you, see a doctor quickly

Mummydd:

My mum said it's normal in new borns but as advised I will see a Dr. Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 11:59am On Jul 16, 2018
Rhemy2013:
Chai after 15month of post delivery,af Jst dey show today grin,if no be say i wean my boy upper lastweek i no it will still be on strike
Show off, better go and buy condom
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rhemy2013(f): 12:45pm On Jul 16, 2018
Giddyperson:
Show off, better go and buy condom
My sis i be Team Cd from day1 ooh tongue
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 1:16pm On Jul 16, 2018
lessonslearned:

Geez calm down mama.....
All you had to say was this since oh.....

It looks like but make sure u see your doctor.....

Pls don't be angry....
Have a lot of over sabi well meaning mothers who are always offering this or that and a MIL who is always fighting me at every turn wanting to give my baby this or that n making me feel like it's my fault stuff happens cos I refuse to listen.....

This stuff has been called different names n different pics painted....

No you didn't say anything bad

Sorry just wanted to calm down before the long wait to see the doctor....

Oh and I don't know if babies get a lot of skin issues am a FTM
Thanks anyway
My opening statement wasn't meant to be an affront but an assurance! Didn't realise that asking you to calm down and not assume the worst was offensive.

My doctor didn't tell me the name of what my son had he just said viral infection and gave medication.

Now if I had told you with certainty that your baby is having the same ish my son had and your doctor says otherwise how will that make me look? Even if it's the same what harm would there be to still see your doctor and get proper medication?

I'll assume you are stressed and won't take offence at your misinterpretation of my comment.

I pray good health and healing upon your baby, feel free to share his diagnosis cos I'd like to know what it's called.
Shalom.

7 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Licious07(f): 1:53pm On Jul 16, 2018
Thanks to all the wonderful mommas that replied my questions. DS is doing better now....I saw a shiny silvery tooth protruding this morning!! Took him to d hosp days ago and he was given ibuprofen and a multivitamin...he tested negative to infection. Thank you all once again#gratefulmum

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lessonslearned: 5:22pm On Jul 16, 2018
Liftedhands:
My opening statement wasn't meant to be an affront but an assurance! Didn't realise that asking you to calm down and not assume the worst was offensive.

My doctor didn't tell me the name of what my son had he just said viral infection and gave medication.

Now if I had told you with certainty that your baby is having the same ish my son had and your doctor says otherwise how will that make me look? Even if it's the same what harm would there be to still see your doctor and get proper medication?

I'll assume you are stressed and won't take offence at your misinterpretation of my comment.

I pray good health and healing upon your baby, feel free to share his diagnosis cos I'd like to know what it's called.
Shalom.

Am sorry...
Maybe am stressed....
DS has a fat neck so he says it's probably fungal due to the lack of air that gets to that area....
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Beryl15: 5:38pm On Jul 16, 2018
Mamas, I’m officiallay joining for the 3rd time grin
Had my baby July 4th.

21 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Bearings: 5:47pm On Jul 16, 2018
Hey mamas, selling off all my shoes ooooo, size 39 no enter me again "sobs" so if you're using size 39, on this forum just let me know how much you want to pay.
Remembered I bought this for 12k for my trad, wore it 3 times thereabout. Buzz me 0 80 two five three four zero five one nine

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 6:12pm On Jul 16, 2018
lessonslearned:

Am sorry...
Maybe am stressed....
DS has a fat neck so he says it's probably fungal due to the lack of air that gets to that area....
It's OK, son was a biggie too! Take care.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by angeltolly(f): 6:24pm On Jul 16, 2018
Beryl15:
Mamas, I’m officiallay joining for the 3rd time grin
Had my baby July 4th.

Ya welcome

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ademide0710: 9:51pm On Jul 16, 2018
JGracious:

check pharmacies like medplus or healthplus, you will get from there.

A lot of mothers attest to fenugreek being able to boost breast.milk production hence its use.

You can make your own if you buy the seeds.

How To Make Fenugreek Tea

Making the tea is simple. You just need a few fenugreek seeds. Follow the procedure given below:

1. Crush the seeds in a pestle or mortar.
2. Boil water in a kettle. Pour it into a teapot or a container.
3. Add the crushed fenugreek seeds. You can also add other herbs and loose tea leaves.
4. Cover and steep the seeds for about 3 minutes.
5. Strain through a tea strainer into a cup or another container.
6. You can also sweeten with honey or stevia if you want.
7. Drink the tea hot or cold. #copied

Thanks for always
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rofemiguwa(f): 11:56pm On Jul 16, 2018
semilore12:
Hello mothers....I have this brand new medela pump in style advanced for sale. I bought one and got this as gift. I dont need two so willing to sell at a giveaway price. I also have new medela and abbot milk storage bottles all bought from US. Reach out if interested. Biko serious enquiries only abeg.

Can u sell d milk bottles separately. How much
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ifyalways(f): 9:12am On Jul 17, 2018
Onegai:
Our month of Medicine is still going on o! Are you following the
Blog: www.nefescorner.com
Instagram: @nefes_corner
Twitter: @nefescorner

We will be updating you with what Drs and Nurses wish parents knew before stepping to the hospital.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Lilliesbud12: 9:34am On Jul 17, 2018
Morning mama's.. please I need a review on Little Angel Wipes and Prince & Princess Wipes..which do you prefer & why please.. thank you.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 10:15am On Jul 17, 2018
Lilliesbud12:
Morning mama's.. please I need a review on Little Angel Wipes and Prince & Princess Wipes..which do you prefer & why please.. thank you.

Used little angels for my daughter and I'm using it for my son. No rashes and is not too scented

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 10:24am On Jul 17, 2018
Only used little angel and I'm 100% satisfied

Lilliesbud12:
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mummyjayson(f): 10:26am On Jul 17, 2018
Lilliesbud12:
i have been using little angel Since nd i must say i love it, someone gifted me prince nd princess, its cool bur i still prefer little angel cos it has more liquor nd a nice fragrance, im even planning to seitch to their diapers bur money nor gree me, i also use their cutton bud.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1826) (1827) (1828) (1829) (1830) (1831) (1832) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.