Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,282 members, 7,818,958 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:54 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2140) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4406514 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2137) (2138) (2139) (2140) (2141) (2142) (2143) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 7:41pm On Apr 28, 2019
Goldenheart002:

I said I'm asking for my village ppl grin cheesy
Thanks for referring me to her moniker, lemme check her out
Be careful cheesy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 7:50pm On Apr 28, 2019
niphmmy:

no problem ma'am. Thanks. God bless Nana's Heart stores.

Amin

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ChrysOgwara: 8:02pm On Apr 28, 2019
During pregnancy, a woman’s body undergoes a lot of changes. One of the most significant changes is an increase in weight. Most women worry that after having their baby, they won’t return to their normal weight and dress size. The thought of not being able to slip into those pretty dresses and skirts, cause some women to develop anxiety about their weight. We spoke to Damilola Ladejobi, a premium weight loss consultant and the CEO of one of Africa’s leading healthy lifestyle company (Askdamz). She gave us 5 tips on how to cope and keep in shape as a new mum.

Source https://zaraslounge.com/index.php?threads/5-keys-to-be-a-new-mum-and-still-look-sexy.14/

1. Nutrition
Nutrition is especially important for breastfeeding mothers, whose bodies will deplete their own stores of nutrients if not taking them in through your diet. You should be eating at least 1,500 calories a day while breastfeeding, and if you eat less you will not only be shortchanging yourself, you’ll be shortchanging your baby. “You can’t produce quality milk if you are not eating enough.”

2. Breastfeeding and Exercise
The good news is Breastfeeding burns calories. It can help mothers lose extra weight gained during pregnancy. If you can lose a couple of pounds before then, that’s OK, but you really don’t want to cut your food intake dramatically during these early weeks. You need the energy, and you need the calories for breastfeeding. As an expert, I normally advise that one of the easiest ways to begin a postpartum exercise routine is by walking. And you can even get your Babies in on the fun! Indeed, one of the more popular forms of organized new-mommy exercise involves walking stroller workouts.

3. Use your Babies
Who says you have to exercise alone? Your Babies can seriously form part of your exercise plan – a toddler is as good a weight as a dumbbell! When they start to get older, you can also include them in your exercise. I would warn that extreme demands like marathon training should be put on hold by the Mum until after the baby’s first year.

4. DO NOT COMPARE
Resist the urge to “compare and despair” when it comes to your body and someone else’s body.

5. Sleep When your Baby Sleeps
Sleep is a medical necessity even for new moms.” Sleep is also an important way to guard against postpartum depression. You need as much rest as you can gather, it might come little by little but trust me….it is very very important.

Lastly, don’t try to take on the super Mum role, you’ll end up exhausted which won’t help your baby in any way.
Always remember that what you eat as a new mum will not only show on your body, it will show on your baby’s too.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 8:03pm On Apr 28, 2019
Z
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Eezohbae(f): 8:08pm On Apr 28, 2019
God bless everybody that donated and will still donate...may God replenish your pockets

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Goldenheart002(f): 8:20pm On Apr 28, 2019
Giddyperson:

Be careful cheesy

grin grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Frozenelsa(f): 8:30pm On Apr 28, 2019
Goldenheart002:

I have dis baby carrier for sale, unboxed but not used. Interested person should make an offer and it's hers, Lagos mama only pls

Mama, I am interested but I have no idea how much its sold hence don't know how much to offer
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Goldenheart002(f): 8:45pm On Apr 28, 2019
Frozenelsa:

Mama, I am interested but I have no idea how much its sold hence don't know how much to offer

If u are in Lagos, u can offer me 3k dats half d market price
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Frozenelsa(f): 9:19pm On Apr 28, 2019
Goldenheart002:

If u are in Lagos, u can offer me 3k dats half d market price
How can I reach you off nairaland? I am in Lagos.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Goldenheart002(f): 9:28pm On Apr 28, 2019
Frozenelsa:

How can I reach you off nairaland? I am in Lagos.

Quote back with "seen"
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tatacherie: 10:53pm On Apr 28, 2019
@ Zaynie Godbless you real good for making this happen and God bless and increase all the givers. I pray it yields increase for Proudmom38 and family

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ANA1: 11:04pm On Apr 28, 2019
Pls mothers l need a good car seat for my baby at affordable price. Thank you and God bless you
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by OgeGood: 11:04pm On Apr 28, 2019
My babe is 10 Months old and rashes is disturbing him, I have given him different anit biotic both injection and tube cream recommended by doctor but the rashes is increasing more. But I Have seen it in some children body and they said the name of the rashes is (sweetly) please what cancer I use to clear it , I have spent money .

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ANA1: 11:11pm On Apr 28, 2019
[quote author=zaynie post=77934777]Please madam zaynie l need a good car seat at shikini money, God bless you. I stay around ojodu berger incase you have any offer. Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by myrygurl: 11:26pm On Apr 28, 2019
zaynie:
3pc boys wear for a pregnant mom.

Must know the sex already.
Delivery is paid for courtesy the giver.
Please say a word of prayer for her

Pls is this still available ?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iwuoahsamuels: 11:28pm On Apr 28, 2019
Hello moms
My 10 months old has been showing symptoms of itchy ears especially the left one.
Was asked to prevent water entering ear, I try, I have to wash hair daily as his hair is full. I tried cotton buds he removes it when bathing, it's been itching him since 3 months and we have been on ear drops. What remedies do you moms suggest pls as he starts crying each time it itches
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iwuoahsamuels: 11:30pm On Apr 28, 2019
My boy will be 1 year in June and no teeth.
Pls had anyone experienced this? Is this normal? Should I still be cleaning his tongue daily?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by omonikiba(f): 12:45am On Apr 29, 2019
Hello mothers.

Please I need help.

My kids are too active, too hyper active. Never seen such busy kids!

One is 5 and the other is going to be 3, it's being crazy.

We always cause a scene whenever we go out. From running away and me running after them to so many other things. Car almost ran into one of them some weeks ago. I felt weak, someone even insulted me and looked at me disgustingly cos of it, like i wasn't watchful or stupid not to put them to caution.

Once i pack they are ready to jump out of the car and begin to run. People say i dont allow rhem to go out, where dem wan go? Afterall they go to school.

My hubby is pisssd and am stressed over this attitude of theirs. I can't sit beside them, my 3 years old will turn my body to her play ground. I lock myself in my room 70% of the time. They hadly take a nap.

How do engage them properly? For now it's tv or playing with toils (which they dont fancy that much), i buy different toils and they get tired easily with them.

Am thinking of stopping oat for them, they take oat almost monday to friday before leaving for school. Could oat be the cause?

I don't want to start beating them so they wont get used to it and become stubborn.

Am seriously thinking of resigning my job, get a shop where they come to every day after school. Let them begin to go out now since them say I no dey allow them go out. Whenever we go out they become weird.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Frozenelsa(f): 1:57am On Apr 29, 2019
Goldenheart002:

Quote back with "seen" so I can remove my number

Seen
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 8:22am On Apr 29, 2019
omonikiba:
Hello mothers.

Please I need help.

We always cause a scene whenever we go out. From running away and me running after them to so many other things. Car almost ran into one of them some weeks ago. I felt weak, someone even insulted me and looked at me disgustingly cos of it, like i wasn't watchful or stupid not to put them to caution.

Once i pack they are ready to jump out of the car and begin to run. People say i dont allow rhem to go out, where dem wan go? Afterall they go to school.

My hubby is pisssd and am stressed over this attitude of theirs. I can't sit beside them, my 3 years old will turn my body to her play ground. I lock myself in my room 70% of the time. They hadly take a nap.

How do engage them properly? For now it's tv or playing with toils (which they dont fancy that much), i buy different toils and they get tired easily with them.

Am thinking of stopping oat for them, they take oat almost monday to friday before leaving for school. Could oat be the cause?

I don't want to start beating them so they wont get used to it and become stubborn.

Am seriously thinking of resigning my job, get a shop where they come to every day after school. Let them begin to go out now since them say I no dey allow them go out. Whenever we go out they become weird.

First of all mama you must accept that your children may have a higher temperament that other children.
Speak with your husband, parenting is a joint venture and he must join in for this to work.
Commit the matter into God’s hands.
Be intentional with them henceforth and begin to be more assertive.
Communicate your expectations to them verbally- for eg- John stop jumping because you can get hurt or because you’re disturbing others.
Set a daily routine and be rigid about following it especially bed time. The more rest children get the. Better behaved they are likely to be!

Try to ensure meal times are on schedule ie feed them before they’re hungry and crying.

Schedule play times as may be age appropriate Search google for such activities. Give them paper and pen to draw or write for eg. Let the engagement/ play time be creative and intentional.
Google up Jo Frost. She’s the child whisperer of Britain and watch some of her videos on you tube!

Encourage outside activities and play time to help burn off excess energy! Football, bike riding or watering your plants( even if potted ones buy it teaches responsibility too).

An occasional smack may be needed to enforce discipline. However there are other means of punishment- time out, sit in the corner, no snack etc etc.

Cut off sugar from thier diet

You as thier mum be more organized ! It’ll help your sanity

While you’re out be firm and don’t let thier whining distract you. When they start running around (depending on where you are and safety) keep them in your view and kinda ignore them . The more you run after them the more they’re likely gonna run some more!

Reward them for good behavior with acknowledgement, claps or treats for eg

Good luck and hope this helps!

16 Likes 10 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 10:15am On Apr 29, 2019
omonikiba:
Hello mothers.

Please I need help.

You can always take them to play outside in the evenings or go to the park on weekends. Me I hide from GB a lot too, the small energy I have, cannot match her own.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Trendytessy(f): 10:19am On Apr 29, 2019
Giddyperson:

You can always take them to play outside in the evenings or go to the park on weekends. Me I hide from GB a lot too, the small energy I have, cannot match her own.

I wish I have where to hide grin grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 10:28am On Apr 29, 2019
Trendytessy:

I wish I have where to hide grin grin
Are yours up to two yet. This video of this mum hiding in the pantry from her quadruplet says it all. There are some kids you just can't not hide from. You'll find somewhere when the time comes, even toilet. cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHWMIAaUj1M

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Goldenheart002(f): 11:00am On Apr 29, 2019
Frozenelsa:

Seen

Pls, help me edit it. I couldn't work it from here
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Frozenelsa(f): 11:23am On Apr 29, 2019
Goldenheart002:

Pls, help me edit it. I couldn't work it from here
Done but no be you pick o. I have sent you a mail.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 11:47am On Apr 29, 2019
Awesomemama:

God bless you mama, you made it possible
God bless the donors too for their kind heart
God bless every mama here and provide for us all, so we can have more than enough to be a blessing to others. Amen
Amen, God bless mama Zaynie

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 11:55am On Apr 29, 2019
iwuoahsamuels:
My boy will be 1 year in June and no teeth.
Pls had anyone experienced this? Is this normal? Should I still be cleaning his tongue daily?
lol, have you seen any toothless being? Just thank your God that he hasn't gotten the teeth self, you self for don hear am from bite bite.

My son got his first set of teeth at 11 months. Got his complete 20 teeth before age 3. So don't fret.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 12:18pm On Apr 29, 2019
omonikiba:
Hello mothers.

Please I need help.

hmmm, it is well. I know of one family like this, the 2 boys are so restless. And u know what? They go out a lot. So, I won't attach it to been indoor. These 2 boys will go to a party and scatter things. Almost everyone will be correcting them, I used to be ashamed myself whenever I go out with their mother. My son will play with them before you know it he will become tired.

But I want to believe it's age, but keep correcting with love, give punishment instead of beating cos beating makes them stubborn more. I mean too much of beating, above all pray for them. I was even complaining about my son, now I know he still a learner. He plays too much too but once you're outside, he behaves. He doesn't go out too after school hours. But in-house wahala no be here.

Sometimes, these kids behave as if they are not trained at all and it's very annoying seeing them like that even when parents are trying their best.

God will give us the wisdom to train them and they will yield to correction. They will not be a sorrowful children to us In Jesus Name.

8 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Trendytessy(f): 1:10pm On Apr 29, 2019
[quote author=Giddyperson post=77949904]
Are yours up to two yet. This video of this mum hiding in the pantry from her quadruplet says it all. There are some kids you just can't not hide from. You'll find somewhere when the time comes, even toilet. cheesy

/quote]

So funny... They always want what you have cheesy

I have just one but it's no easy task.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 1:22pm On Apr 29, 2019
zaynie:
Advert ends please.

So we all know how we campaigned for Proudmom38 here on the thread.
We had a low turn out of people but not of funds. God raised helpers from left and right.
This is the breakdown of the money we got with the first name of those that paid.
Please if you don't find your first name there and you donated biko speak up.

Mrs. H - 50,000
Abosede - 3000
Gbemisola - 8000
Chidinma - 5000
Omotayo - 1500
Elizabeth - 2000
Mayowa - 3000
Chidinma - 20000
Anon - 10000
Total - 102,500

Please say a word of prayer for our kind donors.

Someone paid 2500N last night.

New balance is 105,000N
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 1:26pm On Apr 29, 2019
OgeGood:
My babe is 10 Months old and rashes is disturbing him, I have given him different anit biotic both injection and tube cream recommended by doctor but the rashes is increasing more. But I Have seen it in some children body and they said the name of the rashes is (sweetly) please what cancer I use to clear it , I have spent money .

There's so much heat these days.
Don't use any body cream or even coconut oil for him especially if he sweats a lot.
Give him regular showers especially in the hot after.
Let his body breathe. God knows Akorede and her siblings have been wearing only their underwear this weekend.
See a Dr to rule out Measles. It seems there's a new strain of Measles in town, the child doesn't run temperature that much, a child with Measles was confidently sitting in my room and we all thought he had rashes.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2137) (2138) (2139) (2140) (2141) (2142) (2143) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.