Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,397 members, 7,861,116 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:54 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2242) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4462487 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2239) (2240) (2241) (2242) (2243) (2244) (2245) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Temitope009(f): 10:18pm On Sep 15, 2019
J0hnTrevolt:
I thought I could get answe here. Guess it's women's thread.

No it's not. I'm sure most didn't have an idea that was why they didn't answer. Sorry about that.
Besides, here's usually quiet on weekends.
Please take her to see an expert as suggested.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rocktation(f): 10:58pm On Sep 15, 2019
J0hnTrevolt:
I thought I could get answe here. Guess it's women's thread.

Don't be going about saying things like this. Most people here are just mums, don't give advice professionally and are definitely not under obligation to answer anybody if they really just don't feel like...

They're talking new born babies here and you come here with such concerns...how many newborns have the kind of watery eyes that you talk about?

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by philsjoe: 9:52am On Sep 16, 2019
Giddyperson:

I think that's strange. What's his normal day like, does he not have other kids to play with, tv to watch, does he go to school, do you guys not engage him, why is he sleeping all day?
well hes not always fun around other kids
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 10:45am On Sep 16, 2019
philsjoe:
well hes not always fun around other kids
I don't think it's normal. It's possible someone around is making him sleep a lot so that they can have some free time. cheesy if that's not happening, then maybe you guys are boring him. Buy him a football and take him out to play sometimes, take him for evening or morning walks, buy him a colouring book and some crayons, building blocks, toys. Let him watch cartoon or nursery rhymes sometimes.

Or is it that he's always tired or he has stuff to do and just keeps falling asleep in the middle of doing them? In that case, take him to A doctor.

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 11:01am On Sep 16, 2019
mamatwiny:
New molfix size 5 ( the one that lasts all through the night)

Old size 5 ( the one I change once or twice at night).

My younger sis once bought this first one last year, she bought the small pack though. We didn't take note of any difference sha apart from the design on the diaper. Exactly like the one posted above.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ebonynelly: 2:17pm On Sep 16, 2019
missyblissy:

Don't use fan for her and if you must please reduce it to the lowest. Get ori and metholetum. Mix and massage your baby's sides, chest and back. And cover him or her. Put hot water in a bow and place your baby's face on the steam, please ensure that it is not very hot so you don't burn my baby. After the steam apply the ori and metholetum. And wear him or her jump suit. Do it and you will see changes. I did it when my daughter had cough at 8 weeks. It stopped

Thanks a lot, Ma.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by BabeOk1(f): 4:28pm On Sep 16, 2019
Good evening oh mammas in the house, please each time I need advice here no one replies, I wonder why my mammas. I am a new mother and my baby is 2 months old, he has a boil on his breast and catarrh which I think made him lose weight, I just want to know mammas, please what can I do to make him regain his weight and to even gain more weight... please reply me, may God continue to bless us all

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rvpbae: 4:35pm On Sep 16, 2019
BabeOk1:
Good evening oh mammas in the house, please each time I need advice here no one replies, I wonder why my mammas. I am a new mother and my baby is 2 months old, he has a boil on his breast and catarrh which I think made him lose weight, I just want to know mammas, please what can I do to make him regain his weight and to even gain more weight... please reply me, may God continue to bless us all

This catarrh issue has been dealt with a lot. If you can use the search button, you would get lots of home remedies as your baby is very young. For his weight, the only thing is to continue feeding him. Did his feeding pattern change because of the catarrh?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by BabeOk1(f): 6:04pm On Sep 16, 2019
rvpbae:

This catarrh issue has been dealt with a lot. If you can use the search button, you would get lots of home remedies as your baby is very young. For his weight, the only thing is to continue feeding him. Did his feeding pattern change because of the catarrh?
yes ma, he started refusing to breastfeed and even to take his formula milk, but now he’s started breastfeeding again, my worry is the boil also ma. He has taken ampiclox for it but it’s getting bigger
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by GreaterGraceGG(f): 6:34pm On Sep 16, 2019
BabeOk1:
yes ma, he started refusing to breastfeed and even to take his formula milk, but now he’s started breastfeeding again, my worry is the boil also ma. He has taken ampiclox for it but it’s getting bigger
Apply ori on the boil often and often. You can give him paracetamol if the location of the boil is hot.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rvpbae: 8:23pm On Sep 16, 2019
BabeOk1:

Was the ampiclox prescribed? My sister i really dont know about the boil. Cc zaynie
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by BabeOk1(f): 8:55pm On Sep 16, 2019
GreaterGraceGG:

Apply ori on the boil often and often. You can give him paracetamol if the location of the boil is hot.
okay thank you very much ma, I will do just that

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by BabeOk1(f): 8:55pm On Sep 16, 2019
rvpbae:

Was the ampiclox prescribed? My sister i really dont know about the boil. Cc zaynie
yes ma it was prescribed by the pediatrician
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 7:46am On Sep 17, 2019
BabeOk1:
Buy mupiderm ointment for the boil, it would dry it up in 2-3 days. How long has he had the catarh, if home remedy is not working, maybe you should take him to the hospital.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Amarisa(f): 8:12am On Sep 17, 2019
Good morning Manas,pls help me,my baby is having severe cough for a week now,the drugs given to us at d hospital is not working at all..I had to call the doctor,he prescribed another,still no improvement..I've treated malaria and also deworm her..pls what else should I do? She's 15months old..
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bigmummy16(f): 8:27am On Sep 17, 2019
Hello mums,

We have the following variants of Pap/ Ogi / Akamu / Koko

1. Mixed grain ( contains carbs, protein, fibre) very suitable for babies

2. Guinea corn & millet(contains proteins & fibre) suitable for babies, diabetic individuals, weight watchers, older adult, nursing mums

3. Guinea corn ( contains protein & fibre) suitable for babies, diabetic individuals, weight watchers, older adults, nursing mums

4. Yellow corn

5. White corn

6. Mixed grain flavoured with ginger

7. Guinea corn & millet flavoured with ginger

Call/WhatsApp 08057125055 to order.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 8:57am On Sep 17, 2019
Amarisa:
Good morning Manas,pls help me,my baby is having severe cough for a week now,the drugs given to us at d hospital is not working at all..I had to call the doctor,he prescribed another,still no improvement..I've treated malaria and also deworm her..pls what else should I do? She's 15months old..

Use the search button and narrow down to this thread ma! Various home remedies for cough has been suggested severally!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by BabeOk1(f): 9:11am On Sep 17, 2019
Giddyperson:

Buy mupiderm ointment for the boil, it would dry it up in 2-3 days. How long has he had the catarh, if home remedy is not working, maybe you should take him to the hospital.
okay ma, thank you very much ��
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by philsjoe: 11:21am On Sep 17, 2019
Thanks will try all that out
Giddyperson:

I don't think it's normal. It's possible someone around is making him sleep a lot so that they can have some free time. cheesy if that's not happening, then maybe you guys are boring him. Buy him a football and take him out to play sometimes, take him for evening or morning walks, buy him a colouring book and some crayons, building blocks, toys. Let him watch cartoon or nursery rhymes sometimes.

Or is it that he's always tired or he has stuff to do and just keeps falling asleep in the middle of doing them? In that case, take him to A doctor.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rubyzz: 12:07pm On Sep 17, 2019
J0hnTrevolt:
Hello great family, please I need a solution for my daughters watery eye. Most times, sometimes, tears drops from her eyes.
It's over a year now and she's just 3.
We've bn to hospitals and they said it's infection and gave us "Normal saline infusion Bp" which we use in cleaning her eyes.
Normally she always wake up with eyes filled with pus but that one is gone.
The main problem is now the watery eyes.
Please great mama's should come to my rescue by suggestions on what to do biko.
Plz

I want to suggest you check her for allergies. Is your house damp? Moldy? Is she exposed to dust? Animal fur? Eliminate all these if any, and see if there will be a change

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rubyzz: 12:11pm On Sep 17, 2019
Amarisa:

Sorry mama, have you tried the natural remedy posted here sometime ago? Please use the search button i think its sugar and palm oil
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rubyzz: 12:13pm On Sep 17, 2019
keeki:
Good afternoon Mama's.please how do I preserve Tom Brown I grinded 7mudus how do I preserve it from spoiling and how long can I keep it? And do I have to seive before using? Zaynie giddyperson GreaterGG jazzyjazz FloraEC other Sabi mamas please chook mouth

Share it into nylon bags and tie well to avoid air entering it. Then keep in a closed container
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 2:51pm On Sep 17, 2019
Blend ginger and garlic, put a little honey to sweeten, give her every 4-6 hours and see

Caveat, if your child is under 12 months, don't give honey biko

Amarisa:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by GreaterGraceGG(f): 3:32pm On Sep 17, 2019
Amarisa:
Honey/sugar with palm oil, give her every 3hours
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by keeki: 3:51pm On Sep 17, 2019
Rubyzz:

Share it into nylon bags and tie well to avoid air entering it. Then keep in a closed container

Thank you ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Bibbzz: 7:36am On Sep 18, 2019
Hi mamas
So I bought similac alimentum(for babies with colic and protein sensitivity with food allergies) from the us
It just got here and my baby has taken to another formula
So I’d like to resell them
11 7oz (198g) cans
4 12 oz(343g)
And 2 ready to drink bottles
Please let me know if you’re interested

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by StrongWoman333(f): 1:52pm On Sep 18, 2019
Hello all. My baby from cough, cattarh, eye problem from one ailments to the other. I don't want to be giving her drugs all the time please what should I do?

I'm so worried please what do you suggest we do? I'm sure is from the daycare she attends..the minders are telling me not to worry that its normal.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zimunachimdi: 2:28pm On Sep 18, 2019
FloraEC:

I'm also having molfix issues. Planning to switch to another brand of diaper
Nne pls,cc me when you change to a better one that is economical.
Regards to the family ma .
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 2:36pm On Sep 18, 2019
StrongWoman333:
Hello all. My baby from cough, cattarh, eye problem from one ailments to the other. I don't want to be giving her drugs all the time please what should I do?

I'm so worried please what do you suggest we do? I'm sure is from the daycare she attends..the minders are telling me not to worry that its normal.

Work at boosting her immunity- fruits and veggies purées, multivitamin syrup .

Try double checking the hygiene levels
At home and as much as is possible in the crèche too.

Take extra care with bottles and feeding utensils

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by StrongWoman333(f): 3:08pm On Sep 18, 2019
babythug:

Work at boosting her immunity- fruits and veggies purées, multivitamin syrup .

Try double checking the hygiene levels
At home and as much as is possible in the crèche too.

Take extra care with bottles and feeding utensils
OK thanks...
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Amarisa(f): 3:09pm On Sep 18, 2019
GreaterGraceGG:

Honey/sugar with palm oil, give her every 3hours

Thanks Ma..I'm grateful..

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Amarisa(f): 3:10pm On Sep 18, 2019
hunniesuzie:
Blend ginger and garlic, put a little honey to sweeten, give her every 4-6 hours and see

Caveat, if your child is under 12 months, don't give honey biko

Thanks Ma..I'm grateful

(1) (2) (3) ... (2239) (2240) (2241) (2242) (2243) (2244) (2245) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.