Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,802 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2311) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4408285 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2308) (2309) (2310) (2311) (2312) (2313) (2314) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Graced2018: 8:46pm On Mar 10, 2020
LadySarah:

Go back to the hospital to get it checked out. You can only guess and still be in pains.

True. Thank you
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nnekaike(f): 10:23pm On Mar 10, 2020
futuremoma34:

Mama how is your baby.... Hope she is getting better?... My regards
Good evening ma'am, she is better now,the black eye is going gradually,thanks for checking up on us,regards to the family.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tpip: 10:48pm On Mar 10, 2020
Omawumi17:

I have them in different sizes

I will chat u up
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by betty1983(f): 2:20pm On Mar 11, 2020
Hello moms, pls I have 2 units of infant car seat available for sale.
Product: Graco Snugride 30
Capacity: 1.8kg to 14kg
Comes with manual & car seat base
Condition: barely used, excellent condition (As good as new)
Price: 20k each
Pls WhatsApp 08029792537 for enquiry or purchase. Thanks

Both SOLD✅

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by smokeydrinky: 4:06pm On Mar 11, 2020
lady25:

Chai. Pele. I remember that PAIN oooooo. That pain almost made me enter into depression. I had it for 6 months. It refused to heal. A midwife looked at it and said the person that stiched me left out some parts. I could see a red flap of skin hanging out(that red flap is supposed to be inside me)
That was how I turned to researcher. I didn’t want to go back to the hospital and have it Redone. A few things I remember I did was religious sitz bath(it gave me relief, sometimes penicillin and sometimes gentian violet(I think this worked really good), it made the site dry and the red flap shrieked really fast.
But all in all you will be fine. It will heal with time. You can also consider having a medical personnel take a look so your mind can be at rest
Also you are just about one week gone so please give your body time. It will heal. Our bodies are different some heal in 3 weeks some 6 months angry

That flap is called granulation tissue. It means u healed too well lol.... how long did it take to heal completely? Painful ish that flap. Did y say u used penicillin and go there??
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by smokeydrinky: 4:09pm On Mar 11, 2020
Graced2018:

Thanks for responding.

I got a cut, not a tear.

Attached is the spray I'm currently using as I haven't been able to find Dermoplast in store.

A doctor friend advised I return to the hospital for them to check the suture. He says perhaps the string used is not the type that absorbs, hence the sting.

Yes plz do. And keep us updated. It’s probably that granulation thing too

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lady25(f): 4:14pm On Mar 11, 2020
smokeydrinky:

That flap is called granulation tissue. It means u healed too well lol.... how long did it take to heal completely? Painful ish that flap. Did y say u used penicillin and go there??
Exactly. That is the name. Yes I used pencillin ointment and most times I used gv (I just dab it on the episiotomy site with cotton wool I healed completely by the sixth month or seventh. I can’t really remember.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Graced2018: 7:06pm On Mar 11, 2020
Graced2018:
Hello Mamas,

Can we discuss Episiotomy please? The pain from the suture site is PAINFUL.

Yes , I'm doing the sitz bath (Warm water, salt and a dash of savlon)

I also got a cooling spray which works briefly and the pain returns.

Dear mamas who had the cut/tear, what are your tried and tested methods for healing? Kindly share, this pain is getting out of hand, I have finished taking all the prescribed painkillers.

This is 8 days after delivery...

An update to this!

I visited the hospital and the Doc examined me.

1. He says I'm not supposed to sit on hard surfaces while the healing is still on. He recommended a floating ring to be used for sitting to keep pressure off the suture site, will get the ring tomorrow.

2. He also gave me an ointment- Hydrocortisone, to be applied to numb the pain and reduce any swelling.

That's it basically. I guess not all sutures are same, our bodies dont necessarily accept these things the same way.

So no more hard surfaces for me for now while I watch the healing.

Thanks everyone.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Surulady: 9:30pm On Mar 11, 2020
Surulady:
Good morning mummies it’s been awhile..I hope we are all doing well? May Hid continues to uphold us...been extremely busy with my ..mother,wife,nanny,maid,all in all duty..not been easy but thank God
My babies will be 6months this month pls I need suggestions of food to start.cereal,milk solid and fruits,kindly help so I can prepare some down....I heard about Tom brown or so pls help me on how to make it ...thank you in advance
so bad nobody even replies to this for the past 3days or so, if I have ideas to this as FTM I will definitely not come here to ask I believe we are here to give ideas and assistance to one another sad

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by smokeydrinky: 10:18pm On Mar 11, 2020
lady25:

Exactly. That is the name. Yes I used pencillin ointment and most times I used gv (I just dab it on the episiotomy site with cotton wool I healed completely by the sixth month or seventh. I can’t really remember.
6 months? Hey!!!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by smokeydrinky: 10:19pm On Mar 11, 2020
Graced2018:

An update to this!

I visited the hospital and the Doc examined me.

1. He says I'm not supposed to sit on hard surfaces while the healing is still on. He recommended a floating ring to be used for sitting to keep pressure off the suture site, will get the ring tomorrow.

2. He also gave me an ointment- Hydrocortisone, to be applied to numb the pain and reduce any swelling.

That's it basically. I guess not all sutures are same, our bodies dont necessarily accept these things the same way.

So no more hard surfaces for me for now while I watch the healing.

Thanks everyone.

So from what you and graced wrote, that means it’s not risky to rub something down der? Omo
I Dey fear o
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by smokeydrinky: 10:22pm On Mar 11, 2020
Surulady:
so bad nobody even replies to this for the past 3days or so, if I have ideas to this as FTM I will definitely not come here to ask I believe we are here to give ideas and assistance to one another sad

Sorry dear. I can’t remember but first off there’s pap, a whole lot of products like gerber, friso, cerelac etc, start small until u get the one baby likes. At 6 months u can start introducing adult food too. Be sure to mash and watch out for pepper. Feed in small quantities

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ligxy(f): 1:20am On Mar 12, 2020
Graced2018:
Hello Mamas,

Can we discuss Episiotomy please? The pain from the suture site is PAINFUL.

Yes , I'm doing the sitz bath (Warm water, salt and a dash of savlon)

I also got a cooling spray which works briefly and the pain returns.

Dear mamas who had the cut/tear, what are your tried and tested methods for healing? Kindly share, this pain is getting out of hand, I have finished taking all the prescribed painkillers.

This is 8 days after delivery...

I stopped sitting on warm water the third day cos it seemed it was causing me more harm than good. Maybe because of the hot weather.. I started using ice park, and I healed in 6 days. I was shocked too. As for the pain, I didn't use anything for it except for the drugs they gave me in the hospital.
I made sure that the place stayed dry most times, i e no panties, just pieces of clean soft clothes to use as pad. Don't use gel pads, e.g always...they can cause infections.
After peeing, run clean, cool water thru the place and pat dry. It'll heal faster. Sorry..

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lady25(f): 6:47am On Mar 12, 2020
smokeydrinky:

6 months? Hey!!!
Lol. We are different o. Most people heal in less than 6 weeks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Surulady: 8:08am On Mar 12, 2020
Yes ma thank you ma
smokeydrinky:

Sorry dear. I can’t remember but first off there’s pap, a whole lot of products like gerber, friso, cerelac etc, start small until u get the one baby likes. At 6 months u can start introducing adult food too. Be sure to mash and watch out for pepper. Feed in small quantities
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Graced2018: 8:45am On Mar 12, 2020
Ligxy:

I stopped sitting on warm water the third day cos it seemed it was causing me more harm than good. Maybe because of the hot weather.. I started using ice park, and I healed in 6 days. I was shocked too. As for the pain, I didn't use anything for it except for the drugs they gave me in the hospital.
I made sure that the place stayed dry most times, i e no panties, just pieces of clean soft clothes to use as pad. Don't use gel pads, e.g always...they can cause infections.
After peeing, run clean, cool water thru the place and pat dry. It'll heal faster. Sorry..

Thank you for sharing. All noted
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Goldenheart002(f): 3:30pm On Mar 12, 2020
lady25:

Mine took up to 6months too, it was even ur advice dat helped me scale through then. I'm still grateful till date

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Lemonadewifey: 5:29pm On Mar 12, 2020
Surulady:
Mama twins, don't be offended.
You can try cerelac and pap... I use Nutribon, pap and cerelac for my baby. She loves spaghetti, fried egg, boiled egg yolk, and other adult food... For cereal, she takes it only when she's very hungry if not, I'll end up taking it.... I tried mashed food and they all ended up in the bin.
Every child is different though and also, you'll have to be patient to be able to get what they'll love..... Also check the type of cerelac you're getting. I recently got vegetables mixed with rice cerelac for my baby and it's making her purge but your kids might not react to it (it's for 7mnths old please). In all, just be patient and you'll get what they want.

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by smokeydrinky: 5:58pm On Mar 12, 2020
lady25:

I hope I heal fast. I ll be buying them at hydrocortisone u recommend
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Awesomemama: 9:17pm On Mar 12, 2020
I'm a bit confused about this sitbath thing
Was told at the Hosp. to just allow the steam go in, same thing I did when I had my son and I healed pretty well
Just want to be sure I'm doing it right
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lady25(f): 9:56pm On Mar 12, 2020
Goldenheart002:

Mine took up to 6months too, it was even ur advice dat helped me scale through then. I'm still grateful till date
kiss
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Landnaira5: 2:26am On Mar 13, 2020
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mumaraoluwa: 7:17am On Mar 13, 2020
[quote author=Landnaira5 post=87396554][/quote]good morning ma. Am interested ma. Thank u ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Graced2018: 9:18am On Mar 13, 2020
smokeydrinky:

So from what you and graced wrote, that means it’s not risky to rub something down der? Omo
I Dey fear o

Hello,

So I stopped using the ointment or doing the sitz bath, both seemed to be aggravating things and making the site more sensitive.

All I'm doing now is using a cloth dipped in warm water /salt and savlon to massage the area. I do this like 3-4 times then pat dry. I feel a little better, at least I can now clench and do kegel. So the gag for now is to keep the area as dry as possible, while still using the Lady Sept pad.

I also sit on the doughnut shaped pillow, no more hard surfaces.

I intend to keep doing this only, at least till the site fully heals.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Graced2018: 9:20am On Mar 13, 2020
Awesomemama:
I'm a bit confused about this sitbath thing
Was told at the Hosp. to just allow the steam go in, same thing I did when I had my son and I healed pretty well
Just want to be sure I'm doing it right

Hey mama,

When you say steam, I'm assuming the water must be really hot in order to get steam.

I understand this is risky it could loosen the suture and further make the site more sensitive.

Please dont use hot water, only warm water with salt and savlon.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by LadySarah: 10:11am On Mar 13, 2020
Graced2018:

Hello,

So I stopped using the ointment or doing the sitz bath, both seemed to be aggravating things and making the site more sensitive.

All I'm doing now is using a cloth dipped in warm water /salt and savlon to massage the area. I do this like 3-4 times then pat dry. I feel a little better, at least I can now clench and do kegel. So the gag for now is to keep the area as dry as possible, while still using the Lady Sept pad.

I also sit on the doughnut shaped pillow, no more hard surfaces.

I intend to keep doing this only, at least till the site fully heals.

I had the epi ish with my first son. Went for a 2nd stitch cos steam melted the first one.
dabbing the area to be clean ndried. A lot of vit c to promote healing.

I used to lock my door and position a standing fan directly there. In less than one week it healed and the pains gone.
Veggies filled food to make poop soft to avoid unnecessary pressure on the area.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Graced2018: 3:18pm On Mar 13, 2020
wink

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Awesomemama: 3:22pm On Mar 13, 2020
Graced2018:

Hey mama,

When you say steam, I'm assuming the water must be really hot in order to get steam.

I understand this is risky it could loosen the suture and further make the site more sensitive.

Please dont use hot water, only warm water with salt and savlon.

Wasn't referring to hot water, something your skin can tolerate was what I was advised to use (warm water)
But I get what you mean.. Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tyhgfrdeswscbhf(f): 3:26pm On Mar 13, 2020
Graced2018:
Brief rant!

So my MIL is currently doing omugwo in my place. Baby is 12days old and I'm currently still healing from a really painful episiotomy. I also have a 2yr old who goes to sch during the week.

Problem is...my MIL likes to be served! Like...served! When I was pregnant and she was visiting, I would make her meals and serve her myself, she would make comments about not wanting to stress me but what was the alternative?

Now that I have just had a baby, the story is same. She doesn't go into the kitchen to prepare meals or even attempts. She mainly just bathes the baby and carry her sometimes.

I still have to instruct the help on what to make, send her to the market etc. If I don't come out of the room till 10am, my MIL wont eat...almost like shes waiting for me to make her food happen.

I'm stressed! From not sleeping almost all night to still having to think of food for my MIL is stressing my brain.

Thankfully, I have a help who can 'serve' her. My help only started cooking now that I gave birth, I did it myself prior. So I would just send my help to ask my MIL what she will like to eat.

Main issue now is that my help has suddenly announced that her parent want her back home. So shes leaving at this time...I'm just all over the place and stressed afresh!

NO HELP!!!! And my MIL wont near the kitchen. My hubby is also annoyed but there is only so much he can say.

I have legit been taking cereals because I cant easily get what I need to eat eg peppersoup, vegetables etc. I'm just tired and upset.

Can anyone pls connect me to an Agency that provides Helps? I'm officially tired of these people

What did she came to do if she cannot help u..if she cannot help prepare ofe nsala, hot peppers soup that other mother's do for dia daughter she is not trying

That is y I prefer my own mum coming for omugwu because she cannot see u in dat situation and not help...that is wat we called mother love

As for help u can ask ur mum to help u look for her relative to bring for u

Ur wound supposed to have healed by now if she is a good mother in law. She ought to know d right medicine for u
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by SlimBrawnie(f): 5:12pm On Mar 13, 2020
Graced2018 maybe she's trying to respect boundaries. You'd need to talk to her to feel free using the kitchen. My mum doesn't eat everything we eat in the house & she's been around assisting me due to my pregnancy, I can't imagine preparing her special dishes, preparing that of me & DH and then preparing for that of my 15months old.
Just talk to her about it. I'd rather not have anyone stay with me than have someone that will add to my burden.

10 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Graced2018: 5:24pm On Mar 13, 2020
tyhgfrdeswscbhf:

What did she came to do if she cannot help u..if she cannot help prepare ofe nsala, hot peppers soup that other mother's do for dia daughter she is not trying

That is y I prefer my own mum coming for omugwu because she cannot see u in dat situation and not help...that is wat we called mother love

As for help u can ask ur mum to help u look her her relative to bring for u

Ur wound supposed to have healed by now if she is a good mother in law

Thank you.

In her defence, she's awesome otherwise.

Yes, my Mum is on the look out for a Help.

They are actually rotating the omugwo. 3months with my MIL while I'm on leave and my own Mum is due to come when I resume work.

I will find a way to manage the situation and talk to her.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Graced2018: 5:26pm On Mar 13, 2020
SlimBrawnie:
Graced2018 maybe she's trying to respect boundaries. You'd need to talk to her to feel free using the kitchen. My mum doesn't eat everything we eat in the house & she's been around assisting me due to my pregnancy, I can't imagine preparing her special dishes, preparing that of me & DH and then preparing for that of my 15months old.
Just talk to her about it. I'd rather not have anyone stay with me than have someone that will add to my burden.

I may have to agree with you on respecting boundaries. She's been nothing but good to me, all my in laws infact.

I just wish she would know that I need her to step in now. I will talk to her like you suggested. Thank you

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2308) (2309) (2310) (2311) (2312) (2313) (2314) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.