Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,216 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:50 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2379) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4400291 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2376) (2377) (2378) (2379) (2380) (2381) (2382) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nikkyshyne(f): 11:29pm On Nov 08, 2020
Peacelykariva:
Hello mums, pls how can I treat episiotomy? Bcuz I have stitched it twice and it will loose.
But now pus and little blood is coming out of the place.Pls help me Mamas wey Sabi.
I doubt it will be restitched. You will need antibiotics because it has been infected.
What you can only do now is to give it time. Sit on warm water with dettol and salt morning and night and ofcox not forgetting your vitamin c. It will heal on its own.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Peacelykariva: 7:30am On Nov 09, 2020
[quote author=nikkyshyne post=95834846]
Thank you all for your contributions, I finally summon the courage and went back to the hospital yesterday. it has been restitched
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mahoti(f): 12:15pm On Nov 09, 2020
Good day mothers how is our LO doing,we shall not cry over them insha Allah.
Don’t forget you have a makeup artist here.your bridal makeup,traditional makeup,pregnancy shoots,child dedication,birthday shoots,owanbe makeup,we are just a dm away please follow our Instagram handle @nabbysmakeover,thanks for the love.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ogojagirl: 3:46pm On Nov 09, 2020
sabi Mamas pls help my 2 weeks old daughter is having rashes on her face and body what can I use
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by amSteph(f): 5:49pm On Nov 09, 2020
Ogojagirl:
sabi Mamas pls help my 2 weeks old daughter is having rashes on her face and body what can I use

Rashes that appear like tiny pimples on the face are perfectly normal and would clear on its own. I think it’s caused by the hormones they encountered during pregnancy. I believe by 1-2months old, she’ll have that clear chubby rosy face. Enjoy your bonding momma. She’s okay.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ogojagirl: 5:56pm On Nov 09, 2020
amSteph:

Rashes that appear like tiny pimples on the face are perfectly normal and would clear on its own. I think it’s caused by the hormones they encountered during pregnancy. I believe by 1-2months old, she’ll have that clear chubby rosy face. Enjoy your bonding momma. She’s okay.
Thanks mama

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Pweetiebabe(f): 6:53pm On Nov 09, 2020
Biko mothers, d way my baby sweat is alarming and am thinking if its normal.... She sweat so much that her clothes get soak especially at night please is there anything I can do to reduce this sweating o
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by amSteph(f): 8:51pm On Nov 09, 2020
Pweetiebabe:
Biko mothers, d way my baby sweat is alarming and am thinking if its normal.... She sweat so much that her clothes get soak especially at night please is there anything I can do to reduce this sweating o
Infact eh, weather is very hot this period. Either I dress my baby in singlet and socks only at night and put the fan on lowest or wear her overall and set the AC at 24degrees. The weather hot die. The sweat won’t let them sleep well. By December sha, I believe the weather will be cool again.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by wonderfulperson(f): 8:51pm On Nov 09, 2020
Please mummies help me, my baby is refusing Nan 2, i need suggestions on another milk with different taste from Nan 2 i can give him, preferably baby milk without sugar. Thank you
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by gbollyjolly: 11:07pm On Nov 09, 2020
[quote author=amSteph post=9575920
Good evening, please what causes baby's eyes to be read and yellow purse coming out frm the eyes.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mzchirious(f): 12:11am On Nov 10, 2020
Hi mama,I feel so terrible today.My 5 month old fell down from the bed today,im still amazed at how it happened cos I just checked on him few minutes before I left him alone and he was well positioned at the centre of the bed,only for me to hear him crying,I quickly came to know why he was crying and I saw him on the floor.The floor is tiled.I administered paracetamol to him and vit c.Do I still need to do something else?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Krak(m): 11:35am On Nov 10, 2020
We just did circumcision for our baby and the nurses told us that we should apply engine oil to the wound.

Pls is this advisable?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by whyworryPH(f): 11:56am On Nov 10, 2020
Goldenheart002:

Dear mama, it's a long read but I will encourage u to read.....

You won't know what a live saver you are. I have the same issue and have been worried sick. My son will be 2 years on 24th of this month and he is having delay in speech.
He comes when you call him, used to call his dad - daddy some months back, and later reduced it to dada and now daa. The things he used to say he kind of lost interest. And we had no kids living around to play with him- just me and his dad.

He loves watching Disney Junior (PJ masks). We got him children tab and he broke the screen. We just bought another tab (the big Wintouch with karaoke and 2 microphones) so that he won't break it easily. But he still loses interest with it and will come for our phones.

He is smart with gadgets and can repeat things (when he wants to) just that it sounds differently most times. And he has never said mummy or mum even with all my effort cry but prefers saying daaa. And him and his dad are so close (I thought boys are close to their mums cry cry Thankfully, I have a 4 months plus daughter now and hope that she won't take to the dad and ignore me she grows too (I have to start planning ahead on how to prevent this wink )

Cos of this, I wanted to enroll him in school this past third term but Covid-19 scattered plans. And sadly, Gov Wike is not allowing crech and primary school to resume yet.

I have been going outta of my mind but his dad always assures me he will talk. I have witnessed boys talking late while growing up, but when it's your own, you can't help but worry.

Thanks for these words. At least I have some hope now and will patiently wait to enroll him in school when Wike finally gives schools a go-ahead. Pls share with us if you have more tips.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Pweetiebabe(f): 12:48pm On Nov 10, 2020
amSteph:

Infact eh, weather is very hot this period. Either I dress my baby in singlet and socks only at night and put the fan on lowest or wear her overall and set the AC at 24degrees. The weather hot die. The sweat won’t let them sleep well. By December sha, I believe the weather will be cool again.
Ovee hot weather self but d issue with this my madam is dat if u expose her to small breeze like This na block nose straight, but we have started sleeping without sleep suit now and to better
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Gentlemum(f): 1:47pm On Nov 10, 2020
please mothers help me with the solution to hurt nipples, i gave birth on 6th, and my two nipples hurt me badly am always scared of breastfeeding time, i have not experienced this before,this is my 3rd baby.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Fertilady(f): 1:47pm On Nov 10, 2020
Krak:
We just did circumcision for our baby and the nurses told us that we should apply engine oil to the wound.

Pls is this advisable?
Engine oil? I applied penicillin skin ointment when my son did his. The hospital gave it to us after the circumcision
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Goldenheart002(f): 5:18pm On Nov 10, 2020
whyworryPH:

You won't know what a live saver you are. I have the same issue and have been worried sick. My son will be 2 years on 24th of this month and he is having delay in speech.
He comes when you call him, used to call his dad - daddy some months back, and later reduced it to dada and now daa. The things he used to say he kind of lost interest. And we had no kids living around to play with him- just me and his dad.

He loves watching Disney Junior (PJ masks). We got him children tab and he broke the screen. We just bought another tab (the big Wintouch with karaoke and 2 microphones) so that he won't break it easily. But he still loses interest with it and will come for our phones.

He is smart with gadgets and can repeat things (when he wants to) just that it sounds differently most times. And he has never said mummy or mum even with all my effort cry but prefers saying daaa. And him and his dad are so close (I thought boys are close to their mums cry cry Thankfully, I have a 4 months plus daughter now and hope that she won't take to the dad and ignore me she grows too (I have to start planning ahead on how to prevent this wink )

Cos of this, I wanted to enroll him in school this past third term but Covid-19 scattered plans. And sadly, Gov Wike is not allowing crech and primary school to resume yet.

I have been going outta of my mind but his dad always assures me he will talk. I have witnessed boys talking late while growing up, but when it's your own, you can't help but worry.

Thanks for these words. At least I have some hope now and will patiently wait to enroll him in school when Wike finally gives schools a go-ahead. Pls share with us if you have more tips.

I'm glad mama...........

With d gadget stuff, Disney junior, bonding with daddy, and all, u just described my boy in one word!! Like d peads made me understand, children like dat are making great use of their minds but differently they only need a big bowl of patience baked with extra love! Thank God he also has a baby now, keep talking to him and put him through everything u do for his baby (as if he's an adult). Show him baby's diapers, cream, clothes and all, tell him to do dis or dat (he might not do dem but keep telling him) sing with baby together, imitate his funny sounds and "meaningless words" dis would build his confidence and enable him to imitate u more. Use cod liver oil with Omega-3 for him (I use biosea for kids), I can't mention much drugs here so they don't ban me, also follow speech sisters and 7dayofplay on IG, more importantly pray and declare positively on him, don't let anybody talk him down or intimidate him, if he's super active like mine create a strict sleep schedule it help us too.........He will talk ooooh and u will answer questions tire. Lots of love and hugs from here

9 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tyhgfrdeswscbhf(f): 6:04pm On Nov 10, 2020
Krak:

Pls is this advisable?

Nawaoooo don't do dat oooh
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 6:15pm On Nov 10, 2020
Krak:

Pls is this advisable?
Well, each one with different experience. As for me,I do use penicillin for my boys and when it finished I used engine oil,it makes the surface clean well and remove dirt or (all those white thing that do cover the penis face) My take though
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by angeltolly(f): 6:17pm On Nov 10, 2020
Krak:

Pls is this advisable?

Which nurse is prescribing engine oil when ordinary goya oil or coconut oil can easily be used. Please stay clear of that engine oil sir, some have used it abd has peeled off their baby's penis

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by amSteph(f): 12:10am On Nov 11, 2020
Goldenheart002:

Dear mama, it's a long read but I will encourage u to read.....

Wen my son was a year, he had more than 10words,..

Let me not bore u....
Did I regret my impatience? Sort of
Did he get better? Absolutely

I saw your post quoted just now, I thought to myself, “this story is related to mine.”!! I began to flip the pages backwards till I found the original post and realized you quoted me. I have somehow missed the entire page.

I started to read with a stupid smile glued to my face cos I could relate. My heart is already making all those steps, but my brain keeps cautioning me to observe his progress first since I’ve just enrolled him for the first time ever. Then suddenly, it became very emotional and frozen like ice water was dumped on me. Am sorry u had to go through that horror and extremely thankful u shared your story.

Am overjoyed with the happy ending. Good to know his ok and speaking again. A simple “mommy” or anything would mean the a lot to me too. But I know it will happen, just have to wait a little while longer.

You did what any mom would do. Strive to seek and provide help for the child. After all, they said early detection and intervention is key to solving the problem. I would do same were it not for the encouragement and input from momma’s here. The negative is just devil failing in its plot. You conquered, he’s okay. That’s the silver lining. You did great momma. Thank you. Thank you.

6 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by amSteph(f): 12:33am On Nov 11, 2020
hunniesuzie:
Please do not allow anyone to cause you to panic because they want to sell their market. That is wickedness

1. Is he good with "academic" speech (counting, colours, alphabets etc) or he has zero words?
2. Does he play well with others or is he withdrawn?
3. Is he responding well to potty training?

Thank you.
1. Zero actual words for now. Tomorrow is day 7 of school. There’s little improvements already.
2. We stay alone, so that made him withdrawn from other adults. He used to like kids totally and would leave me to go play and have fun with them when we go out, but now, it seems like he just tolerates being in the midst of kids.
3. Moderately. Since he can’t say “wee-wee” I resort to timing him and take him to pee every 45min to 1hr.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Babygal2020(f): 12:06pm On Nov 11, 2020
Hi mama, how high is the bed?
Was there blood stain/swelling on his head? Any abnormal behavior?
Pls take him to a pediatrician for proper evaluation.
This has happened to quite a number of babies and most times isn't harmful.
mzchirious:
Hi mama,I feel so terrible today.My 5 month old fell down from the bed today,im still amazed at how it happened cos I just checked on him few minutes before I left him alone and he was well positioned at the centre of the bed,only for me to hear him crying,I quickly came to know why he was crying and I saw him on the floor.The floor is tiled.I administered paracetamol to him and vit c.Do I still need to do something else?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Honeysweetest(f): 12:56pm On Nov 11, 2020
Ameemee:
. Thanks in advance ma
check out Alibaba, I import hair,I sometimes use them.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ameemee: 1:53pm On Nov 11, 2020
Honeysweetest:
check out Alibaba, I import hair,I sometimes use them.
. Am a novice, don't know ow to go about it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Honeysweetest(f): 4:45pm On Nov 11, 2020
Ameemee:
. Am a novice, don't know ow to go about it.
send a direct message
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by amSteph(f): 8:42pm On Nov 11, 2020
gbollyjolly:
[quote author=amSteph post=9575920
Good evening, please what causes baby's eyes to be read and yellow purse coming out frm the eyes.

Am not familiar with this, especially the red eye part. Do u mean actual “pus” or that whitish/milkish eye discharge? To me, this combo is due for a doctor’s visit.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by amSteph(f): 9:09pm On Nov 11, 2020
mzchirious:
Hi mama,I feel so terrible today.My 5 month old fell down from the bed today,im still amazed at how it happened cos I just checked on him few minutes

Ouch! Sorry baby. This happens to most moms(myself included). It takes a split second. Don’t be too hard on yourself. Just like momma Babygirl2020 has said, if there’s no bleeding, swelling or unusual behavior, he’s most likely ok. I tell u, the angels of these kids are always on duty. These kids are the strongest. Let me tell u my story, if it would make u feel less terrible and put a smile on your face.

Mine had his first fall at 6months old, I had been scared of this happening cos he wakes up and just begin moving without making a sound. I can’t forget the sound of that awful plunk followed by a loud cry. The sound haunts me till this day. I swear I almost had a heart attack when I heard it. I held and apologized to him, I felt so horrible, so much so that after he had settled back down, I climbed on the same bed and let myself fall freely(head first. Hahahahaha). It hurt a lot and I decided to take him to the hospital. Doc said he was fine.

I got home and kept lashing at myself still, I should’ve added more pillows, etc. Do u know he slept again, I carried pillows and mounted all round him, only for me to come check on him (I was too alert this time) and find him climbing and almost scaling over the pillows! Ha!! Chim oo!! See me o!! I said oh No!! It’s not me u will kill! He started sleeping on the ground after that. Make oyibo no kill me jare.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2376) (2377) (2378) (2379) (2380) (2381) (2382) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.