Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,114 members, 7,818,322 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:39 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2484) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4404704 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2481) (2482) (2483) (2484) (2485) (2486) (2487) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Expectantmom: 6:45pm On Oct 20, 2022
Layormiii:
but he is just four month old o
Mine started at same month. I heard they are preparing ahead for the coming out of the teeth

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Layormiii(f): 7:05pm On Oct 20, 2022
Expectantmom:

Mine started at same month. I heard they are preparing ahead for the coming out of the teeth
Did he poop that much? It's one week today cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Funny enough he isn't weak or feeling sick or anything o
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Linda2019: 8:39pm On Oct 20, 2022
Good evening mothers Please my baby has been acting fussy since yesterday I believe she is teething cus he upper gums are swollen, the issue now is that she has refused eating and has been crying at any slightest touch. She is 6 months.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ladyrachy(f): 9:06pm On Oct 20, 2022
Layormiii:
no but it has like mucus
Seems my baby and yours poop alike my daughter is the one eating the food am chopping and doing all the pooping today's own gat me running to buy nospamin if she suck fiam na small poop seedy with mucus and the fart nko hmmm, I sha no say na wetin I chop dey fart anyhow dey worry her don't worry he will soon pass it out finally from his system. After I gave her the nospamin she suck no poop again oo am still observing sha
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ladyrachy(f): 9:09pm On Oct 20, 2022
Layormiii:
Did he poop that much? It's one week today cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Funny enough he isn't weak or feeling sick or anything o
Pele mama he will be fine,my baby too is playing her stuff no weakness,healthy appetite in fact today she's selecting which boobs to suck from the right one she will hold my hand and remove the breast from her mouth na 3 month old pikin oo BT I swear my baby get sense pass her age
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ladyrachy(f): 9:16pm On Oct 20, 2022
StarryV:
Please how compulsory is this ROTA immunization and at what age are babies expected to take it?
My baby will be 8 weeks tomorrow, and the ROTA wasn't given to him during the last immunization. Please what do I do now?
From the hospital I use for immunization they said its from 6 weeks,not for newborn so they said. so whether ur baby collect his first dose at eight weeks the most important thing is that he must complete the three doses and we were told each dose is given at four weeks apart I even have the flier for the rota vaccine stuff
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Omakraid(f): 9:47pm On Oct 20, 2022
Layormiii:
no but it has like mucus
Its teething or normal s long s no negative symptom follows..
https://parenting.firstcry.com/articles/mucus-in-babys-stool-is-it-a-concern/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Omakraid(f): 9:50pm On Oct 20, 2022
StarryV:
Please how compulsory is this ROTA immunization and at what age are babies expected to take it?
My baby will be 8 weeks tomorrow, and the ROTA wasn't given to him during the last immunization. Please what do I do now?
Initially, we weren't given the ROTA cos of its unavailability in the state I reside until 2 months ago when it was brought and administered to kids below 2 yrs..

Its to prevent diarrhoea in kids though some parents don't take it for their kids because it's side effect is same diarrhoea

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Esetim(f): 12:46am On Oct 21, 2022
Pls who has remedy for cough and cattarrh in a 1 year old? Both natural and medical remedies
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Myfavour22: 5:32am On Oct 21, 2022
Please mamas in the house had anyone experienced mastitis before? I just started using this medela breastpad and the absorption is so so poor, I’m suspecting I may have gotten mastitis. I have been having fever but took pcm, serious breast pain on one breast and breast tenderness.
Please ig anyone has had it before can you recommend what I can use, LO is 4 months plus
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sonofyisa(m): 8:00am On Oct 21, 2022
Good morning everyone, pls I need help my 11 months old Boy started pooping solid on Monday and he cried so badly before he could get it out,so I instructed my wife to always give him water with the hope that it will help soften the poop next time but to our surprise last night the episode repeated itself and I almost join him in crying cos I cud not bear to see him cry that much pls wat can we do to help him?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Omakraid(f): 8:48am On Oct 21, 2022
Myfavour22:
Please mamas in the house had anyone experienced mastitis before? I just started using this medela breastpad and the absorption is so so poor, I’m suspecting I may have gotten mastitis. I have been having fever but took pcm, serious breast pain on one breast and breast tenderness.
Please ig anyone has had it before can you recommend what I can use, LO is 4 months plus
Massage the affected breast with warm water. If it's not helping, rub palm kernel oil on the breast to help to help soften it as you massage out the milk.. The time I had a terrible engorgement with sickening fever, it was Palm kernel oil my mum rubbed to soften the boob making massage easier..
After boob un has softened, also ensure baby feeds from it well enough

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Myfavour22: 9:49am On Oct 21, 2022
Omakraid:

Massage the affected breast with warm water. If it's not helping, rub palm kernel oil on the breast to help to help soften it as you massage out the milk.. The time I had a terrible engorgement with sickening fever, it was Palm kernel oil my mum rubbed to soften the boob making massage easier..
After boob un has softened, also ensure baby feeds from it well enough

Thank you so much
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Cedarlivia(f): 11:27am On Oct 21, 2022
He's probably constipated. Pour warm water in his bathtub or a big bowl and let him sit in the warm water for some time. It will ease the pains in case he has tears. Lubricate his anus with vaseline or shea butter next time he wants to poop. Gently rub in the vaseline so that the poop can pass without much pain to the young lad.
Now, please increase his water intake and give him oranges to help soften his poop. Kisses to your son.
sonofyisa:
Good morning everyone, pls I need help my 11 months old Boy started pooping solid on Monday and he cried so badly before he could get it out,so I instructed my wife to always give him water with the hope that it will help soften the poop next time but to our surprise last night the episode repeated itself and I almost join him in crying cos I cud not bear to see him cry that much pls wat can we do to help him?

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Cedarlivia(f): 11:33am On Oct 21, 2022
Layormiii how na? I don't think anything is wrong with your bobo. Since he plays and eats well, and isn't showing any sign of discomfort.
His birthday mate here poops the same yellow, seedy, mucousy poop. Sometimes 4-6 times in a day. That's how we roll grin

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Omakraid(f): 11:35am On Oct 21, 2022
Hello mums, I want to share this based on my shikini experience and considering it might be helpful for some mums.

I've always read about how difficult potty training can be and I've always wished it'd be the opposite for me. When my babe was 4 months +, I went visiting a church member whose babe was 3 weeks older. She was airing the baby’s bum and also putting her on the potty occasionally to pee and or poop.

When I got home, ffiiiaammm I brought out mackintosh and cut into the size I wanted, cut wrapper and told my baby from today we start using the potty.. After she sold her first diaper and I clean her up, I will put her on the mackintosh with wrapper and start putting her on the potty. Is it Difficult? YES because we sometimes stay 20 minutes playing without a single wee sadbut the moment I put her back on bed, she releases the tap cheesy. but there's no going back.

Gradually she began to pee and even poo in the potty. Sometimes when we wake up and she's yet to poo, I intentionally remove her diaper and we sit till she poops cos she poos every morning even if she'll still poop more, that morning own must come grin... Sometimes she'll even eb crying in the potty o after during which poop will follow grin.. This morning after we've had our bath and her diaper was on her, I heard a loud fart and quickly tapped her buttocks, removed the diaper so she can sit. Immediately she sat, loud farts and poop followed... Lest I forget, azzidents do happen too and I don't blame her or myself for it cos its a gradual process.. If she can sit on it now, it won't be a problem as she'll continue to get used to it.. I also snap and make videos of her to show her later in the future grin ;D9

Sorry about the boring story, I just hope it'll be helpful especially for mums that stays at home and also on weekends for mums that work.

See our mouth displaying tiredness below cool

17 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Cedarlivia(f): 11:36am On Oct 21, 2022
Please add pain reliever too. Breast engorgement can be as painful as...
Myfavour22:

Thank you so much

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Cedarlivia(f): 11:42am On Oct 21, 2022
Wow! shocked Oma you na correct super mom you be. Thanks for the tips. I'll try this with my son when we hit 6 months. Wish me luck cheesy
Omakraid:
Hello mums, I want to share this based on my shikini experience and considering it might be helpful for some mums.

I've always read about how difficult potty training can be and I've always wished it'd be the opposite for me. When my babe was 4 months +, I went visiting a church member whose babe was 3 weeks older. She was airing the baby’s bum and also putting her on the potty occasionally to pee and or poop.

When I got home, ffiiiaammm I brought out mackintosh and cut into the size I wanted, cut wrapper and told my baby from today we start using the potty.. After she sold her first diaper and I clean her up, I will put her on the mackintosh with wrapper and start putting her on the potty. Is it Difficult? YES because we sometimes stay 20 minutes playing without a single wee sadbut the moment I put her back on bed, she releases the tap cheesy. but there's no going back.

Gradually she began to pee and even poo in the potty. Sometimes when we wake up and she's yet to poo, I intentionally remove her diaper and we sit till she poops cos she poos every morning even if she'll still poop more, that morning own must come grin... Sometimes she'll even eb crying in the potty o after during which poop will follow grin.. This morning after we've had our bath and her diaper was on her, I heard a loud fart and quickly tapped her buttocks, removed the diaper so she can sit. Immediately she sat, loud farts and poop followed... Lest I forget, azzidents do happen too and I don't blame her or myself for it cos its a gradual process.. If she can sit on it now, it won't be a problem as she'll continue to get used to it.. I also snap and make videos of her to show her later in the future grin ;D9

Sorry about the boring story, I just hope it'll be helpful especially for mums that stays at home and also on weekends for mums that work.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Omakraid(f): 11:46am On Oct 21, 2022
Cedarlivia:
Wow! shocked Oma you na correct super mom you be. Thanks for the tips. I'll try this with my son when we hit 6 months. Wish me luck cheesy
I wish you luck ma.. I started early since we were learning to sit at that time and the woman I learnt from is a 3rd time mom of 10 and 8yr old kids. She did not even know I took something from her sef cheesy

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Layormiii(f): 1:17pm On Oct 21, 2022
Cedarlivia:
Layormiii how na? I don't think anything is wrong with your bobo. Since he plays and eats well, and isn't showing any sign of discomfort.
His birthday mate here poops the same yellow, seedy, mucousy poop. Sometimes 4-6 times in a day. That's how we roll grin
abi is that d stage they are at right now grin grin grin grin

I AM SO GRATEFUL FOR ALL THE MENTIONS AND PEOPLE THAT REACHED OUT, HE HASNT POO SINCE LASTNIGHT till now, I CAN FINALLY BREATH A HEAVY SIGN OF RELIEF grin grin grin grin

Babies are cute until they start purging, teething, colic , running temperature and etc
I no go born pass two as I am laidis, and d second one ehn, maybe four years from now sef grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Layormiii(f): 1:22pm On Oct 21, 2022
Omakraid:

See our mouth displaying tiredness below cool
see my cuttie grin grin grin grin grin mama stop stressing us grin grin grin
Thanks for the tips.
Whenever I UnCloth my baby to bath, I will put him in the bathing bowl and do shhhhhhhhhhh slowly, before you know he will pee, and later poo, sometimes if he hasn't poo for days, putting him in the bowl and shhhhhhhhh usually does d magic

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Cedarlivia(f): 1:32pm On Oct 21, 2022
grin grin
Layormiii:

I AM SO GRATEFUL FOR ALL THE MENTIONS AND PEOPLE THAT REACHED OUT, HE HASNT POO SINCE LASTNIGHT till now, I CAN FINALLY BREATH A HEAVY SIGN OF RELIEF grin grin grin grin

Babies are cute until they start purging, teething, colic , running temperature and etc
I no go born pass two as I am laidis, and d second one ehn, maybe four years from now sef grin grin grin grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Cedarlivia(f): 1:38pm On Oct 21, 2022
Thank you dear. Now I see how some mothers potty train their kids before they are 1. Me I used to start after 1st birthday.
Omakraid:

I wish you luck ma.. I started early since we were learning to sit at that time and the woman I learnt from is a 3rd time mom of 10 and 8yr old kids. She did not even know I took something from her sef cheesy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Layormiii(f): 2:04pm On Oct 21, 2022
ladyrachy:

Seems my baby and yours poop alike my daughter is the one eating the food am chopping and doing all the pooping today's own gat me running to buy nospamin if she suck fiam na small poop seedy with mucus and the fart nko hmmm, I sha no say na wetin I chop dey fart anyhow dey worry her don't worry he will soon pass it out finally from his system. After I gave her the nospamin she suck no poop again oo am still observing sha
awww how's your sweet lo doing
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ladyrachy(f): 2:50pm On Oct 21, 2022
Layormiii:
awww how's your sweet lo doing
She's doing great ma,we went for immunization today 3 months hmmm make God help us till 6 months again. Hope our bobo has stopped fartinggrin ?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Omakraid(f): 5:03pm On Oct 21, 2022
Layormiii:

If I hear say u no dey for pregnancy thread next year tongue
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Omakraid(f): 5:06pm On Oct 21, 2022
Layormiii:
see my cuttie grin grin grin grin grin mama stop stressing us grin grin grin
Thanks for the tips.
Whenever I UnCloth my baby to bath, I will put him in the bathing bowl and do shhhhhhhhhhh slowly, before you know he will pee, and later poo, sometimes if he hasn't poo for days, putting him in the bowl and shhhhhhhhh usually does d magic
Lol @ d stress, she should sit like a big girl and stop doing like smallie cheesy grin
He has mastered it oo.. Mine is yet to master it well but its getting better...
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Omakraid(f): 5:07pm On Oct 21, 2022
Cedarlivia:
Thank you dear. Now I see how some mothers potty train their kids before they are 1. Me I used to start after 1st birthday.
Can you please share the experience, how's it like starting at that time?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Sleekyshuga(f): 8:58pm On Oct 21, 2022
sonofyisa:
It’s likely baby is constipated. Focus on foods with fibre while making sure he takes water every now and then no matter how little.

Also, prunes, plums, apples, oats, pear etc do help with constipation. Try to include one (or more) of these in his everyday diet.

Considering he is 11 months, steamed puréed/mashed apple or pear can be given as snacks or used as sweetener for his oats.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MrHighSea: 7:00am On Oct 22, 2022
nahzyla:
Please help, my baby makes grunting noises as if catarrh is stuck in her nose, when she sucks its more pronounced and she also makes the grunting noises when she is aeep, she has been doing it everyday since birth, but my mother who is doing omugwo told me it's normal for new born, please has anyone had this experience before?
Baby grunting and breathing loud as if there is mucus stuck at back of nose/throat?
There is no catarrh coming out from her nose, I only noticed the noisy breathing.
Similar grunting noise here too.
Doctor said it's normal.
It cleared on its own.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nahzyla: 8:49am On Oct 22, 2022
MrHighSea:

Similar grunting noise here too.
Doctor said it's normal.
It cleared on its own.

How long did it take to clear?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MrHighSea: 9:19am On Oct 22, 2022
nahzyla:

How long did it take to clear?
About 1 month.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2481) (2482) (2483) (2484) (2485) (2486) (2487) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.