Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,220 members, 7,829,363 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:09 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2497) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4420979 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2494) (2495) (2496) (2497) (2498) (2499) (2500) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Omakraid(f): 9:52pm On Feb 05, 2023
StarryV:
Good evening Mamas in the house. Please help a first time mum. My baby is 5 months old and has refused to take pap. I've used every available tactics to make him take it. I've made it light, watery, and even with plenty milk but as long as it is pap, he won't take. Currently he is feeding on only formula and breast milk and I'm so clueless of what to introduce to him. I heard cerelac is from 6 months. Please help o. What else can I feed my baby with.
Hmmmn, this is serious... Continue to feed him the pap o. Try playing nursery Rhymes you know he likes maybe he'll open his mouth. When I started, I'd pin my girl to my body and keep telling her to open her mouth but now it's all easy..
Does he shown interest in other cooked meals?

Modified - what did you make the pap with? Cos I remember my baby kept rejecting pap when I was adding soyabeans until I stopped it

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by StarryV(f): 11:32pm On Feb 05, 2023
Omakraid:

Hmmmn, this is serious... Continue to feed him the pap o. Try playing nursery Rhymes you know he likes maybe he'll open his mouth. When I started, I'd pin my girl to my body and keep telling her to open her mouth but now it's all easy..
Does he shown interest in other cooked meals?

Modified - what did you make the pap with? Cos I remember my baby kept rejecting pap when I was adding soyabeans until I stopped it

Yes he shows interest in cooked food. I usually put a little soup into his mouth and he doesn't resist.

I add only milk o. I discontinued crayfish because it was obvious he didn't like it. So milk it's the only thing I add to his pap.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Vikkiboi(m): 1:35pm On Feb 06, 2023
hello everyone,

my baby regurgitate milk from mouth and sometimes nose.

Is this normal? if not, what can i do to stop this?

she just clocked 1 month.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 7:03pm On Feb 06, 2023
Vikkiboi:
hello everyone,

my baby regurgitate milk from mouth and sometimes nose.

Is this normal? if not, what can i do to stop this?

she just clocked 1 month.
A little quantity is normal especially after burping.
If it’s more than say 5ml baby might have reflux or need to change milk.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Howyeh(f): 12:03am On Feb 07, 2023
twoMcfemad:
Hello,

I have some neatly used baby items(baby cot, clothes, car seats, flasks, wrappers, and other shawls, toys etc). Some of these items were not even used. They are to be given free of charge. A good Samaritan gave some of them to us freely too.

Please, it's strictly for those in serious need for it, biko.

Times are good for everyone and it's not bad if the baby items can reduce the economic load of someone.

Location is Ogun state. Again, it will not be fine to get these items free and now resell. Please don't. Strictly for those who need it. Let's help ourselves.

I'll be in the mail. Thank you!
We came late...#covasface#
But just in case we're lucky, it's the shawls, toys and baby clothes for us.
It's less than a month to delivery, and we haven't gotten anything...
Not even hospital items!
...but no shaking, as God is on the Throne, He has never failed! cool
...we were neighbors in 2021. grin
How's family sir.?
Thanks for being a blessing!
God bless you!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Howyeh(f): 12:10am On Feb 07, 2023
Tutu82:

A little quantity is normal especially after burping.
If it’s more than say 5ml baby might have reflux or need to change milk.
I shouldn't be doing this now, but it's better late ......
Some weeks back, (this new year sha) thought of you (your moniker) struck my mind, and alas, as I came on nairaland, I saw that THE LORD HAS DONE YOU WELL... grin grin grin
I was (I am) SO happy for you mama.
(We used to jam on TTC thread back then.)
God be praised!
How are your babies doing.?
May they bring you nothing but joy always.
May the Lord keep watching over them.
A BIG CONGRATULATIONS to you.

Late tho, but from the depth of my heart cheesy

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by twoMcfemad: 6:59am On Feb 07, 2023
See my people oooo. Kai! You really came late ooo, we have booked some of the items for the early callers. But How can we deny our former neighbors..? Lols. Let's talk in the DM, madam. Best wishes!
Howyeh:

We came late...#covasface#
But just in case we're lucky, it's the shawls, toys and baby clothes for us.
It's less than a month to delivery, and we haven't gotten anything...
Not even hospital items!
...but no shaking, as God is on the Throne, He has never failed! cool
...we were neighbors in 2021. grin
How's family sir.?
Thanks for being a blessing!
God bless you!

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Flappy222: 9:08am On Feb 07, 2023
Good morning dear mamas.
Please what’s the dose of ferrous to be taken daily?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by missoredipe(f): 11:00am On Feb 07, 2023
Omakraid:

If the rash is caused by milk as stated, then its an allergy and that means you should stop and change the milk.. There's probably an ingredient that your baby is not tolerating... BTW what milk do you use?

Baby is on full breast milk but they call the rash milk rash or infantile acne. It is not caused directly by milk

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 1:33pm On Feb 07, 2023
Howyeh:

I shouldn't be doing this now, but it's better late ......
Some weeks back, (this new year sha) thought of you (your moniker) struck my mind, and alas, as I came on nairaland, I saw that THE LORD HAS DONE YOU WELL... grin grin grin
I was (I am) SO happy for you mama.
(We used to jam on TTC thread back then.)
God be praised!
How are your babies doing.?
May they bring you nothing but joy always.
May the Lord keep watching over them.
A BIG CONGRATULATIONS to you.

Late tho, but from the depth of my heart cheesy
I don’t remember you,but yes please think of me so ild live longer.Babies are injuring my pockets but well,the lord has overdone it this time 😊Thank you so very much.

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Omakraid(f): 3:35pm On Feb 07, 2023
missoredipe:

Baby is on full breast milk but they call the rash milk rash or infantile acne. It is not caused directly by milk
Ok.. I think you should go through this
https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.cussonsbaby.com.ng/blog/causes-of-milk-rash/&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwjTnpjI0IP9AhXOgf0HHZJ1A6IQFnoECAsQAg&usg=AOvVaw0nZnDS2cJsdjfeKEiVXZ3s
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Omakraid(f): 3:38pm On Feb 07, 2023
StarryV:

Yes he shows interest in cooked food. I usually put a little soup into his mouth and he doesn't resist.

I add only milk o. I discontinued crayfish because it was obvious he didn't like it. So milk it's the only thing I add to his pap.
Since he shows interest in cooked food, wait a little more and give him.. But for now, breast feed and formula fees to ensure he doesn't go hungry...

When I asked what you made the pap with, I mean things like corn, millet and co

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Howyeh(f): 5:15pm On Feb 07, 2023
twoMcfemad:
See my people oooo. Kai! You really came late ooo, we have booked some of the items for the early callers. But How can we deny our former neighbors..? Lols. Let's talk in the DM, madam. Best wishes!
grin grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Howyeh(f): 5:18pm On Feb 07, 2023
Tutu82:

I don’t remember you,but yes please think of me so ild live longer.Babies are injuring my pockets but well,the lord has overdone it this time 😊Thank you so very much.
Lol.... @ babies injuring pockets...
The Lord would be more than enough for us sis

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Oluwasemiloba(f): 1:56am On Feb 08, 2023
Pls mummies in in the house, help a first time mum, my baby will be 3 weeks old on Fri and I can say that since she was born, i haven't had a decent sleep. She sleeps through the day and doesn't want to be put down at all during the night, pls what do I do?? How do I make her sleep in the night as well??
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AUNTYLLAI: 11:12am On Feb 08, 2023
[sorry sorry ma, mine is going to be 2months in 2days time,but we are still in to this problem of him not sleeping in the night at all,I asked many people but what they will tell you is they will over come it some day,this is somebody that will sleep in the afternoon,but anything 11pm he will be awake crying till morning. fine time and sleep in the morning if she is asleep.quote author=Oluwasemiloba post=120722755]Pls mummies in in the house, help a first time mum, my baby will be 3 weeks old on Fri and I can say that since she was born, i haven't had a decent sleep. She sleeps through the day and doesn't want to be put down at all during the night, pls what do I do?? How do I make her sleep in the night as well??[/quote]
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 1:00pm On Feb 08, 2023
Oluwasemiloba:
Pls mummies in in the house, help a first time mum, my baby will be 3 weeks old on Fri and I can say that since she was born, i haven't had a decent sleep. She sleeps through the day and doesn't want to be put down at all during the night, pls what do I do?? How do I make her sleep in the night as well??

Welcome to motherhood.

The journey is sweet yet exhausting and the first 12weeks are the hardest.You should actually be worried if your 3week old sleeps throughout the night.

3 weeks is way too young to establish a night time sleep pattern so don’t wait for a decent sleep just yet plus you need to wake every 2/3hrs to feed and change diaper at that stage.

Once baby gets to 4months they would require just one feed/diaper change at night and will sleep throughout,then you would gain a few hrs sleep too.Does baby cry?.There are newborns who cry inconsolably for hours and medical professionals will generally diagnose such crying as colic when it lasts for at least three hours at a time.Or does baby just stay awake quiet?. that’s their character.

Do you give baby a bathe at night and play some calming music and/or read a story ?,that plus the sound of your voice relaxes and helps them settle at night BUT not for a 3weeks old.

What do you do?.For now chin up mum,you’ve got this and the phase will pass.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 1:07pm On Feb 08, 2023
Flappy222:
Good morning dear mamas.
Please what’s the dose of ferrous to be taken daily?
That’s a very vague question did you mean for mother or child?.For this Iron supplement most Doctors calculate ml based on weight while others just follow the instructions on the pack for mg.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Flappy222: 1:33pm On Feb 08, 2023
Oh I’m sorry, meant for pregnant lady.
One of the 3 supplements(folic acid, b co, ferrous)
So that’s why I asked.
Tutu82:

That’s a very vague question did you mean for mother or child?.For this Iron supplement most Doctors calculate ml based on weight while others just follow the instructions on the pack for mg.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 1:41pm On Feb 08, 2023
Flappy222:
Oh I’m sorry, meant for pregnant lady.
One of the 3 supplements(folic acid, b co, ferrous)
So that’s why I asked.
That would be Ferrous Sulfate at 200mg at least for an adult.Confirm from the prescribing doctor as i don’t know your history.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Flappy222: 1:50pm On Feb 08, 2023
Very well!.
Thank you much.
Tutu82:

That would be Ferrous Sulfate at 200mg at least for an adult.Confirm from the prescribing doctor as i don’t know your history.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Bimstee: 4:19pm On Feb 08, 2023
Sweet And White Benue Yams

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by fortunes01: 6:23pm On Feb 08, 2023
Good Evening lovely mamas!
Please I recently introduced formula to my 5 months old baby who has been on exclusive breastfeeding, she now feeds on formula and breastmilk at the moment. Am I suppose to start giving her water now or wait till she's 6 months.

Kindly help a FTM. Thank you
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Oluwasemiloba(f): 6:39pm On Feb 08, 2023
AUNTYLLAI:
[sorry sorry ma, mine is going to be 2months in 2days time,but we are still in to this problem of him not sleeping in the night at all,I asked many people but what they will tell you is they will over come it some day,this is somebody that will sleep in the afternoon,but anything 11pm he will be awake crying till morning. fine time and sleep in the morning if she is asleep.quote author=Oluwasemiloba post=120722755]Pls mummies in in the house, help a first time mum, my baby will be 3 weeks old on Fri and I can say that since she was born, i haven't had a decent sleep. She sleeps through the day and doesn't want to be put down at all during the night, pls what do I do?? How do I make her sleep in the night as well??

Ha lipsrsealed undecided
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Oluwasemiloba(f): 6:40pm On Feb 08, 2023
Tutu82:

Welcome to motherhood.

The journey is sweet yet exhausting and the first 12weeks are the hardest.You should actually be worried if your 3week old sleeps throughout the night.

3 weeks is way too young to establish a night time sleep pattern so don’t wait for a decent sleep just yet plus you need to wake every 2/3hrs to feed and change diaper at that stage.

Once baby gets to 4months they would require just one feed/diaper change at night and will sleep throughout,then you would gain a few hrs sleep too.Does baby cry?.There are newborns who cry inconsolably for hours and medical professionals will generally diagnose such crying as colic when it lasts for at least three hours at a time.Or does baby just stay awake quiet?. that’s their character.

Do you give baby a bathe at night and play some calming music and/or read a story ?,that plus the sound of your voice relaxes and helps them settle at night BUT not for a 3weeks old.

What do you do?.For now chin up mum,you’ve got this and the phase will pass.

Jesus 🙆😢
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Omakraid(f): 10:28pm On Feb 08, 2023
fortunes01:
Good Evening lovely mamas!
Please I recently introduced formula to my 5 months old baby who has been on exclusive breastfeeding, she now feeds on formula and breastmilk at the moment. Am I suppose to start giving her water now or wait till she's 6 months.

Kindly help a FTM. Thank you
Yes, you are to start giving her water since you no longer breastfeed exclusively.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by fortunes01: 11:25am On Feb 09, 2023
Omakraid:

Yes, you are to start giving her water since you no longer breastfeed exclusively.

Thank you mama for your response! Please like what quantity ? or is it as much as she wants to drink? So I don't give her too much.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by StarryV(f): 1:36pm On Feb 09, 2023
Omakraid:

Since he shows interest in cooked food, wait a little more and give him.. But for now, breast feed and formula fees to ensure he doesn't go hungry...

When I asked what you made the pap with, I mean things like corn, millet and co
Ok dear. Its Corn, millet and guinea corn.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by phunmie306: 1:40pm On Feb 09, 2023
Sorry but i wasn't the poster, only commented/quoted the post.

Portalnaija:
Please how long was the healing meditation before your child recovered?
And was yours always wanting to eat food every moment then?

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by UmmuFarrah(f): 4:23pm On Feb 09, 2023
Mamas. My baby is just almost 5months but she shows interest a lot in eating whatever she sees us eating. Like she cries, drag whatever you are eating with you, water too but she hate bottles so I was thinking maybe we should buy her cereal like cerelac because I've started to give her bananas and some finger food sef like mashed potatoes (very little though) . What do y'all think please, her daddy said we're just starving her but me, I'm skeptical🤨.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by DaddyCork: 1:08pm On Feb 10, 2023
Tutu82:

helo my millionaire uncle is look for 2 house girl who can coook & clean & PrincessofDSS from nairaland as agree, we need one more house girl. please are u intressted in doin house girl work so he can pays both of u 25k each? U want? smiley
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ahnie: 1:28pm On Feb 10, 2023
DaddyCork:

helo my millionaire uncle is look for 2 house girl who can coook & clean & PrincessofDSS from nairaland as agree, we need one more house girl. please are u intressted in doin house girl work so he can pays both of u 25k each? U want? smiley
You don carry your mumu reach this side

(1) (2) (3) ... (2494) (2495) (2496) (2497) (2498) (2499) (2500) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.