Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,382 members, 7,822,790 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2513) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4411672 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2510) (2511) (2512) (2513) (2514) (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MJAbiola: 9:55pm On Oct 23, 2023
Hello momma, I understand your worries but it's good to know that children are unique in every aspect and that certainly applies to walking. Some children start to walk before the age of 1 while others take those initial steps after their first birthday.
In addition, a lot of factors determine when a baby starts walking. It's good that your baby is pulling up to stand and cruising, with time she'll build enough strength to walk. In the mean time, allow more floor time, let her mingle with other kids as this will help her at risk taking.
I have much more tips to help a baby walk on my YouTube channel.
You can check it out using the link below
https://www.youtube.com/@MotherhoodJourneyWithAbiola?sub_confirmation=1.

https://www.youtube.com/@MotherhoodJourneyWithAbiola?sub_confirmation=1

BrighterThanDay:
Greetings sabi Mothers and fathers.
I hope you all are well.

My daughter is 11 months old and will be a year Oct 1st. But she is not walking yet. She is crawling and pushes herself to stand while holding on to something but she is not standing unassisted or walking yet. Please what can I do? I want her to walk before her one-year birthday.
Is it possible for her to walk in 2 or 3 weeks? How can I speed it up?
Thank you for your willingness to help first-time parents like us.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MJAbiola: 10:01pm On Oct 23, 2023
Please don't use hot water momma, keep on cleaning as directed by your healthcare provider.
I have a video about that on my YouTube channel @motherhoodjourneywithabiola. "Healing after CS"
You can watch using the link below
https://www.youtube.com/@MotherhoodJourneyWithAbiola

Thanks.
KBARBIE:
Please Sabi mother's, how do one take care of CS wound after delivery? Can I mop with hot water? I don't mind knowing what to do. Thanks.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MJAbiola: 10:07pm On Oct 23, 2023
Hello mommas, daddies and everyone on this platform. I have a YouTube channel where I discuss different topics on motherhood and parenting, ranging from pregnancy, delivery, postpartum lifestyle etc.
Kindly subscribe using the link below and don't forget to click the bell icon in order not to miss an update.
Let's build a team of mothers and even fathers that make a difference!!!

https://www.youtube.com/@MotherhoodJourneyWithAbiola?sub_confirmation=1

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ICFinvestor1: 10:58pm On Oct 23, 2023
Bethany is a 6 month old baby girl born to Sarah (Mother) and James (father). Bethany was born full term via vaginal delivery, weighing 7 lbs 11 oz.

Sarah tried breast feeding for several months but had to return to work full time meaning milk production decreased as she was not able to express as often. She has been feeding Bethany Aptamil 1 First Infant Milk since she ceased breastfeeding. Bethany’s last weight at 3 months was 6 kg.  Her weight today (6 months) is 7.0 kg. Her length today is 66 cm.

From taking a 24hr recall with Sarah you gather that Bethany has roughly 4 feeds/day, with each feed being 210 ml. However Sarah does explain that some days this is a bit less, but cannot give exact details. James is not able to give an accurate answer bit echoes those from Sarah.

There appear to be no medical issues that are relevant to this case. Both Sarah and James explain that Bethany’s bowel movements are OK, and that she has never suffered with reflux.

Both James and Sarah lead very busy lives, meaning that care of Bethany can sometimes be a little chaotic. You ask both parents about weaning and they are unsure exactly about the process and how this should be achieved.

INSTRUCTIONS FOR CASE REPORT
Your coursework should be presented as a case study report, fully referenced using the Harvard referencing style, containing the following sections:

·        Title
·        Introduction
o   A brief outline of the importance of nutrition during infancy, and the purpose and content of the report.
·        Methods
o   Briefly explain where nutritional information was collected from
o   What guidelines were used to derive nutritional requirements from
·        Results
o   Plot current weight and height on growth chart (must be included as figure).
o   Describe your main findings of the analysis. Note a table may be useful to show requirements alongside current estimated intakes.

·        Discussion
o   Make an informed judgement about the status of your client
o   Are there any specific nutrients of concern? What is the evidence base for their importance in health and disease? Are their limitations to the quality of evidence?
o   Interpretation of growth an nutritional status – discuss possible consequences of current nutritional status
o   Consider the wider determinants of health that may impact nutritional intake of your client.
·        Conclusion
o   Short summary of the key points of the discussion
·        Reference list
All references must follow the required Harvard referencing style.
Please I need help guys, kindly assist me
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by KBARBIE(f): 5:45pm On Oct 24, 2023
MJAbiola:
Please don't use hot water momma, keep on cleaning as directed by your healthcare provider.
I have a video about that on my YouTube channel @motherhoodjourneywithabiola. "Healing after CS"
You can watch using the link below
https://www.youtube.com/@MotherhoodJourneyWithAbiola

Thanks.

Thank you so much will watch it
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kidco: 1:59pm On Oct 25, 2023
hi
kidco:
Stories can be mirrors that help young people express feelings about a given situation. They give children a vocabulary for what is happening. But, because of how fiction works in the brain, stories can also be windows. When we read fiction, we inhabit other bodies and feel the concerns of other people. This helps young people to develop empathy – but has another profound effect. Reading stories makes us feel experienced and increases resilience.

At kidco ventures we have over one thousand Authored books by individuals and we are going to sell them at a discount in this holiday..
Get a dozen books of any content and brand for N2500..
WhatsApp or call 08052130879
(
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by akseph1: 4:29pm On Oct 27, 2023
Please New mum and dads, is there any contest competition for babies?
Kindly refers me if there is any. Please🙏🙏
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by shadow88(f): 12:50am On Nov 08, 2023
Good evening mummies, please we don't eat draw soup and I want to feed my 9months baby Amala and the likes.Please I need recommendations

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by BrighterThanSun: 7:21pm On Nov 13, 2023
Hello sabi mamas and papas,
My 1 year old daughter used to be a foodie, she eats anything and she is chubby and very active. But recently she stopped eating. She's also been having high body temperature, I do give her paracetamol for this and it works. She's still very active but she doesn't eat like before. She's beginning to loose weight and I'm worried.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Martialfc80: 12:25am On Nov 17, 2023
Onegai:

I thought this was a very good list, I cut out the extras. Please don't go crazy buying clothes, ask yourself this "yes my baby can look super cute in all those cute baffs like the Instagram kids or my baby can be able to one day afford to go on excursion to see a Astronomy centre or graduate and be able to buy her own car and I planned and saved for it sensibly by investing extra funds for her/him from childbirth, rather than telling myself I will make money by then and not planning". Then cut out all the excess like cute baffs, baby hangars, special baby bucket in pink or blue etc.

If you're buying in bulk, try and go now to Balogun market in Lagos. Buy cartons on diapers and wipes, even our bath soap is in bulk (16 bars at a time is what I get). Because it's cheaper to buy in bulk. If you're just buying a few things, find it around you in Abeokuta. No need buying from afar and paying for delivery fees.

https://nefescorner.com/new-baby-lets-go-shopping/
Hi Onegai, your blog is not live anymore. Is there a way to access this article please?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by KBARBIE(f): 8:35am On Nov 18, 2023
Sabi mamas, I have this for sale. Interested? Call 09161505947.

Baby bed - 25k

Lagos

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Lightieness: 6:34pm On Nov 18, 2023
Good day everyone, I am an expectant mother in my third trimester. I stay at Iyana Iyesi Ota, Ogun state.i will be grateful if anyone have any baby things to give me as hubby and I can't afford any right now. Thanks and God bless

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Fruit4me: 9:26am On Nov 20, 2023
oxygenator:

How hard or soft is the stool?
Can you pick up any part of the stool with 2 fingers?
very soft
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Fineire: 3:22am On Nov 21, 2023
Hello sabi Mama's.
Please shine touch for this matter for me. Just noticed that my 4 weeks old has cradle cap on his head. Please what is the fastest way to get them off. Please don't read and pass o.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jennycool2: 4:10am On Nov 21, 2023
Good day mama's in the house, I am new here...just stumble on this page tonight and I am happy I do.please I have a lot of questions to ask because I am a first time mum. My breast milk is not flowing,I can only extract 10ml at most, please is there any remedy for it? I have try all sort of thing both from doctors and other people. I have taken breastfeeding cookies,alots!! Of water,pap,beverages,pumping always and so on....I will be so glad if I can find help here. And because of low breast milk my baby has been on formula, she started with similac but during and after taking her,she will be on serious tummy ache and she will just drink a little and stop,so I withdrawn and her doctor recommended nan1,she started taking it very well but for a week now she started withdrawing again and she having tummy ache and gas while feeding her.pls help me out.thank you.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by EEIA: 4:12am On Nov 21, 2023
Jennycool2:
Good day mama's in the house, I am new here...just stumble on this page tonight and I am happy I do.please I have a lot of questions to ask because I am a first time mum. My breast milk is not flowing,I can only extract 10ml at most, please is there any remedy for it? I have try all sort of thing both from doctors and other people. I have taken breastfeeding cookies,alots!! Of water,pap,beverages,pumping always and so on....I will be so glad if I can find help here. And because of low breast milk my baby has been on formula, she started with similac but during and after taking her,she will be on serious tummy ache and she will just drink a little and stop,so I withdrawn and her doctor recommended nan1,she started taking it very well but for a week now she started withdrawing again and she having tummy ache and gas while feeding her.pls help me out.thank you.
Continue you scam and it will be your portion.

You don't believe in self generated curses.

I promise you... Just continue and yone day you will remember what I have told you.

Shalom. cool
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AyodejiSugar: 10:05pm On Nov 24, 2023
Hi everyone, I am new on this platform. Our baby boy arrived yesterday and we were billed to be discharged today's afternoon all things being equal.

Unfortunately, our precious gift developed high temperature yesterday night. Wifey noticed it when she wanted to breastfeed him.
And in a blink of an eye, he developed a difficult in breathing. We thought it was a cold and a nurse used nose extractor on him. Yes, small muccour particles were removed from his nostrils but his breathing rate became more scary. You know that kind of breathing that comes with noice as if one just finished a long race. This went on till this morning.

The doctor, on his arrival, did try to salvage the situation but no improvement. The temperature came down to normal level bit the breathing difficulty continue. He hurriedly reffered us to UCH (Peadeartrics A&E) and my boy has been under O2 since afternoon.

Buying of 02, payment for series of Lab Tests, buying of long list of materials from pharmacy etc. Wifey is emotionally down already! She's combining the pains of tears she had plus the fact that her baby will be away from her for as long as God knows. I am not also fine but just trying to be a man.

We pray God Almighty makes this boy a coolness of our eyes.

Pls someone should interprete the results attached. They are the results of some of the lab test conducted on him today. 1day old boy has been made submit samples for different test! Just managed to snap it before submitting to A&E Peadeartrics section tonight. I will do same to other Results when they come out tomorrow. Pls people who understands what the test is all about and what those figures imply should come to our aid. We pray our joy is not shattered completely.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jjaney: 5:41pm On Nov 25, 2023
Fineire:
Hello sabi Mama's.
Please shine touch for this matter for me. Just noticed that my 4 weeks old has cradle cap on his head. Please what is the fastest way to get them off. Please don't read and pass o.

Hello mama. I had a similar case. I applied olive oil on the baby's head at night, enough to let the scaly stuff soften. Then after bathing in the moring, it came off easily when combing. Cradle cap usually resolves on it's own after a while.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by yseries: 12:17pm On Nov 28, 2023
Hello everyone, pls can someone assist me with recommendations of good ointment or lotions to treat eczema in a baby. God bless
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mzleemah(f): 3:52pm On Nov 28, 2023
yseries:
Hello everyone, pls can someone assist me with recommendations of good ointment or lotions to treat eczema in a baby. God bless
hello ma, you can try cacatin or nazo cream.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Fineire: 4:01pm On Nov 28, 2023
Thank you mama for your timely response.
jjaney:

Hello mama. I had a similar case. I applied olive oil on the baby's head at night, enough to let the scaly stuff soften. Then after bathing in the moring, it came off easily when combing. Cradle cap usually resolves on it's own after a while.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by yseries: 12:16pm On Nov 29, 2023
Thanks for the response. God bless
Mzleemah:
hello ma, you can try cacatin or nazo cream.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tammyf: 9:44pm On Dec 01, 2023
How do I treat my son's skin condition please mum's in the house . He cries every night scratching giving me sleepless night .I have taken him to the hospital.was given drugs and cream to rub but to no avail. It's over 3weeks now. Please has anybody experienced this and how did you treat it?he is a year old. It's like chicken pox or rashes .

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by SoCalm: 5:13pm On Dec 03, 2023
Please mums help a ftm.
My baby has had this sweat looking rashes from 2nd day of birth. How do I clear them? Its not itchy or disturbing her.
Again, what baby cream do recommend? Shes a week old and I haven’t started rubbing any thing on her body.
Also she farts alot while breastfeeding and hasn’t pooed in 2days. What could be the cause? Thanks.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by HEISGOD: 11:03pm On Dec 08, 2023
Please Sabi mamas, please advice me on health food for my baby of 6months old. We have been on SMA gold from birth and breast milk but I think its no longer enough. My baby can eat normal foods but not to satisfaction i think. Thanks for your responses.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bimberry1307(f): 5:57pm On Dec 09, 2023
Good evening o. Abeg I need help.
My baby's face is full of rashes. We don't have diaper rash o, na face e dey. I've tried herbal, they said it's ela. Any home remedy pls??
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Loisemm2(f): 6:39pm On Dec 09, 2023
tammyf , SoCalm and bimberry1307 ... For most skin issues on babies I recommend Sudocrem (made in UK/Ireland). You will notice improvement within days. Check baby stores or good supermarkets/pharmacies to be sure you're buying original. I don't know if there are fakes though.

HEISGOD , have you tried pap mixed with formula, very soft swallow and pepperless and boneless but sweet okro/draw soup, mashed soft rice, potatoes, yam tc.
Find out the foods baby likes and give him more of that.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Loisemm2(f): 6:43pm On Dec 09, 2023
AyodejiSugar , hope your boy is alright now. I pray for quick and full recovery on him. He will indeed be the coolness of your eyes.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by eboniest(f): 4:10am On Dec 14, 2023
Hello mum's in the house,my baby just arrived 3days ago,and I have been unable to produce milk from my breast to feed him and he has been feeding on Nan baby food,pls what can I take to produce milk fast from my breast and also is it okay I get breast pump to pump my breast
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by esthy111(f): 6:14am On Dec 15, 2023
bimberry1307:
Good evening o. Abeg I need help.
My baby's face is full of rashes. We don't have diaper rash o, na face e dey. I've tried herbal, they said it's ela. Any home remedy pls??
Stop using d baby oil or switch to coconut oil. This happened to my baby until I discovered that it was d baby oil and d rashes cleared away d moment I stopped applying it on his head. Most baby oil in our market causes rash on babies faces.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Laughter4eva: 8:28am On Dec 29, 2023
Good morning Mummies and daddies so glad to have found this page pls I'm in need of a kind of food menu of what I can eat as a nursing mother
Food in nigera
Too many do and don't affecting my appetite
Kindly help out thank you dearly

(1) (2) (3) ... (2510) (2511) (2512) (2513) (2514) (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.