Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,618 members, 7,813,035 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:15 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (308) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4396052 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by proudmom38(f): 10:26pm On Aug 24, 2015
Hernyolar:
@proudmom, I didn't use hot water to massage my body oo..just my regular warm water for bathing morning and evening, but I had lochia for almost 4 weeks..I even did my sit bath for just 5days, no time jare and i'm fit again except that my tommy is still dark(dunno what to di about that)

@joyousf, I didn't get the 1kg sized cerelac in that pharmacy and getting two small ones doesnt pay financially so I got it elsewhere. I heard twins pharmacy along iyin road after Fajuyi park also sell genuine stuffs.

My tummy is dark too.Thanks 4 ur response sis.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by proudmom38(f): 10:29pm On Aug 24, 2015
Kimoni:

Honestly, I didn't do anything. But I started slight abs workout after 4 months. Asides that, nothing o and my tummy is flatter than ever now. I don't believe in hot water baths.

Ok sis.thanks 4 ur contributn.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rezzy: 10:53pm On Aug 24, 2015
proudmom38:

My tummy is ok already,I wil only continue drinking d hot water.

It's good, continue drinking it

My tummy was so flat that people were surprised but after I stopped drinking warm water, mehn, come see belly like 5 months pregnancy.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mummy2be: 11:26pm On Aug 24, 2015
mkahren:
I'm really sorry @ayobarmy

This was how we discovered that my last child, David, had a serious medical condition during one of our regular visits to a certain Dr. Akeem Anifowose who is a General practitioner with specialty in Preventive healthcare. He was the director of operations at Apple tree Clinic Canada, and was very helpful and instrumental in helping me keep a healthy family.

Dr. Anifowose has great experience in the medical field after studying and practicing in Canada & Europe. He was very helpful in recommending an expert, who talked with us and advised us on what to do. And even after he had referred us, Dr. Anifowose still kept in touch, encouraging us with his kind words. “It was critical we detected the disease early,” said the expert as that increased my boy’s chances of defeating the ailment.

Now, my boy is doing great. Thankfully, Dr. Anifosowe is moving back to Nigeria to continue his practice & contribute his quota to the development of Africa. He’s definitely a doctor i can recommend to help you and your wife though I don't have his recent contact in Nigeria except for this mail info@kleinburgmedical.com.

scam alert pls don't fall into the trap o,check his profile jst two post and d same exact words,God help us

15 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by OmogeNG: 4:39am On Aug 25, 2015
If you had strong tummy muscles before pregnancy, getting your timmy back wont be hard.

All that hot water pressing is a myth!

My Mum and Mil said I should do it....I turned the offer down. She was waiting to tell me "I told you so"...lol....less than a month after birth, I was back to my old sef. Although my timmy muscles were not as firm as before, but I could wear the same clothes. When she saw me, she had no choice but to comment.

And no....I didnt take any hot anything...neither did I bath any hot bath. The closest I got to hot/warm ater was my sitz bath.Wish I could post pics here....but unfortunately, I cant.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nita2013: 5:20am On Aug 25, 2015
Lol. It's even in naija they keep saying bath with hot water, press with hot water, drink hot tea and all sorts.

In d US once u av ur baby until u r discharge, it's water with lots off ice blocks they ll give u to drink tru out. So I keep wondering what d myth about d hot stuff came about.

Also they advice sitz bath as well

OmogeNG:
If you had strong tummy muscles before pregnancy, getting your timmy back wont be hard.

All that hot water pressing is a myth!

My Mum and Mil said I should do it....I turned the offer down. She was waiting to tell me "I told you so"...lol....less than a month after birth, I was back to my old sef. Although my timmy muscles were not as firm as before, but I could wear the same clothes. When she saw me, she had no choice but to comment.

And no....I didnt take any hot anything...neither did I bath any hot bath. The closest I got to hot/warm ater was my sitz bath.Wish I could post pics here....but unfortunately, I cant.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by OmogeNG: 5:28am On Aug 25, 2015
Nita2013:
Lol. It's even in naija they keep saying bath with hot water, press with hot water, drink hot tea and all sorts.

In d US once u av ur baby until u r discharge, it's water with lots off ice blocks they ll give u to drink tru out. So I keep wondering what d myth about d hot stuff came about.

Also they advice sitz bath as well

Hahaha...dont you know that Nigerians are a different set of humans. Things that apply to women in other cultures/races, dont apply to us. Lol. Na only Nigerians get oka, it's only Nigerians that cold water causes convulsion when you take it while pregnnt, ....and so may other myths! Some people believe the heat shrinks the uterus, and 'melts' the blood. THIS IS VERY WRONG. Your uterus shrinks on its own...the shrinking starts from after you put to bed, and can be especially noticed when you breastfeed...it's called after birth pains.

My friend put to bed abroad, and the first thing she was given was ice.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dharmsexy(f): 9:29am On Aug 25, 2015
Good day dear moms, I just discovered my baby who is 2 months plus has cradle cap. Pls what can I do to treat it. I once read a post here abt using baby shampoo and cream buh can't seem to find d page its on. Sori fr d inconvenience mamas.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nita2013: 9:44am On Aug 25, 2015
Lol, my dear same here ooo. Even while havin contractions, they gave me big cup of ice. After I had my baby, they brought another big cup of ice with water. My mum (with d naija/old pple talk) shouted that I should not drink it ooo. Hahahahaha that it will make d blood in my tummy clot. I told her Oyibo pple wey give me ice kno say e no bad. I chew d ice well well when she went to d convenience lol. Na God go help us

quote author=OmogeNG post=37304663]

Hahaha...dont you know that Nigerians are a different set of humans. Things that apply to women in other cultures/races, dont apply to us. Lol. Na only Nigerians get oka, it's only Nigerians that cold water causes convulsion when you take it while pregnnt, ....and so may other myths! Some people believe the heat shrinks the uterus, and 'melts' the blood. THIS IS VERY WRONG. Your uterus shrinks on its own...the shrinking starts from after you put to bed, and can be especially noticed when you breastfeed...it's called after birth pains.

My friend put to bed abroad, and the first thing she was given was ice. [/quote]
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by phunmielomo(f): 10:02am On Aug 25, 2015
MiracleMum:

If you shop at PEP, just have in mind the clothes wont last. It will wash out even before baby out-grows them. You can get house clothes from them and get outing clothes from Balogun market since you're on the Island. ( I buy soft trousers my daughter wears in the creche from PEP at 500 naira each, its a good bargain for house clothes).
Just walk close to UBA (Balogun market) you will see ladies holding complimentary cards for baby clothes shop - cajole one to direct you and don't allow her take you there herself because the shop owner will add an amount to everything you buy to settle the lady latter. There you get to see varieties of classy quality clothes.
MiracleMum,there are some cloths in pep dat do last.it all depends on the cloths you buy dere.if u knw ow to select cloths then you will enjoy some clothes from pep.dere are some materials dere dat aint so good while dere are some dat are good.i do shop attimes for my dd dere and she wears dem for long also depends on how some mothers handle their children's cloth too.

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MiracleMum(f): 11:13am On Aug 25, 2015
phunmielomo:

MiracleMum,there are some cloths in pep dat do last.it all depends on the cloths you buy dere.if u knw ow to select cloths then you will enjoy some clothes from pep.dere are some materials dere dat aint so good while dere are some dat are good.i do shop attimes for my dd dere and she wears dem for long also depends on how some mothers handle their children's cloth too.

well it all depends on choice and ones pocket, for me their clothes are substandard even though its affordable.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by franky2013(f): 12:16pm On Aug 25, 2015
tnx for ur response Kimoni, i used her washcloth, but to b sincere i didnt do much of d cleaning i was bn careful not to make mistakes. we r back frm d hospital, was given eyedrop. God bless
Kimoni:

What were you using to clean it or applying on it before it became swollen? Since it's swollen, pls go see ur pediatrician.

If it were only the white discharge, clean droplets of bm would have helped but since it's now swollen, the Dr needs to have a look.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Kimoni: 12:20pm On Aug 25, 2015
franky2013:
tnx for ur response Kimoni, i used her washcloth, but to b sincere i didnt do much of d cleaning i was bn careful not to make mistakes. we r back frm d hospital, was given eyedrop. God bless

Great. It is well with him.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by PeyButtons(f): 1:09pm On Aug 25, 2015
proudmom38:

My tummy is dark too.Thanks 4 ur response sis.

Hi...i did have dark tummy and stretch marks too after child birth but i was asked to rub natural ori(sheabutter) on it daily...since then,my tummy colour is back and the stretch marks are fading.

Just give it a try.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by euphorbia(f): 2:48pm On Aug 25, 2015
After reading previous posts and my experience with d 'omugo mothers', I wonder what d hot water drinking ll do .get to d uterus and 'melt' d blood?and I ask them if they drank hot water too and said yes.'Ma,but ur stomach is still big now mil even said I shld sit in hot water shocked . They cajole me to drink hot tea then but I wait till it get to d temperature I can tolerate. To make matter worse I gave birth during hot weather season and when there was no light in most part of nigeria-see punishment ooo. I was given very cold lucozade boast during labour and after labour.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by euphorbia(f): 2:54pm On Aug 25, 2015
rezzy:

It's good, continue drinking it

My tummy was so flat that people were surprised but after I stopped drinking warm water, mehn, come see belly like 5 months pregnancy.
Are u sure that is not as a result of ur feeding habit and what u eat?

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Muttybabe(f): 3:01pm On Aug 25, 2015
dear mothers in the house i say well done to all of us we shall all reap the fruit of our labour insha Allah i want to introduce one product to you from alliance in motion global it is very good for children from 9 months upward it helps in boosting the brain of children and Is also good for adult. it is called (MY CHOCO) You can google the product name or company name for detail. contact me if you need it. pay on delivery. muttybabe1988@gmail.Com
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rashomo: 3:25pm On Aug 25, 2015
proudmom38:

My baby is 3wks+4days.pls do u mean drinkin hot water? Thanks 4 ur response,it sure help.

yes , anythin hot liquid lyk water, pap, tea..
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mzora(f): 4:17pm On Aug 25, 2015
sabi mamas pls help out. my baby would soon be 6 months in a couple of days. how do I start her on formula?how many ml should I start with @ first. how should I care for her feeders? and any other tips I need.pls help out. #ftm
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nita2013: 4:47pm On Aug 25, 2015
U can start with 60ml and study how she takes it and as time goes by, u can increase d quantity . Also u can sterilise her feeders regularly.

For me, I used his sterilizin unit only twice tru out my son used bottles. But I made sure I washed his feeding bottles myself and refrigerate afterwards.

Mzora:
sabi mamas pls help out. my baby would soon be 6 months in a couple of days. how do I start her on formula?how many ml should I start with @ first. how should I care for her feeders? and any other tips I need.pls help out. #ftm
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by simplebukky: 5:28pm On Aug 25, 2015
If you want to get Your tummy colour back after delivery, please rub on ori mixed with coconut oil, not even a stretch mark or the black stripe gotten during pregnancy is visible on my tummy and it is as smooth as ever and my baby is 6 months and counting.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by joyousf: 5:46pm On Aug 25, 2015
@joyousf, I didn't get the 1kg sized cerelac in that pharmacy and getting two small ones doesnt pay financially so I got it elsewhere. I heard twins pharmacy along iyin road after Fajuyi park also sell genuine stuffs. [/quote]

enh enh. I was still there today o n saw the big size cos my baby also takes cerelac though I buy d small one cos he takes pap too. u could call next time before going to confirm 09031508718
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by corrall(f): 6:06pm On Aug 25, 2015
phunmielomo:

I share the same sentiments, the clothes I bought for my first daughter was worn till she outgrew it. I went there again to buy for my second one.

She really has no where to go so I don't see any need spending so much to get clothes she will wear and stay in the house, especially in this time of dollar rate. the clothes I bought fromantic dosunmu side washed so bad, she could wear it after the first time.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Gr8fulHeart(f): 8:04pm On Aug 25, 2015
@proudmom, pls don't loose sleep over ur tommy color. It wil cm bk to its normal color. Wen I gave birth my tomy ws very very black and I'm a fair person. Was so dark dt I dint lik lookin @ my tommy. I use ori ocasionally and stop worrying, I dint evn no wen it returned to its normal color.
Great momas, who don use molfix diapers? Hw good is it? Hw muc for midi jumbo pack size? Reviews plsssss
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rezzy: 8:25pm On Aug 25, 2015
mummy2be:
scam alert pls don't fall into the trap o,check his profile jst two post and d same exact words,God help us

I think say na only me see am oo
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rezzy: 8:35pm On Aug 25, 2015
simplebukky:
If you want to get Your tummy colour back after delivery, please rub on ori mixed with coconut oil, not even a stretch mark or the black stripe gotten during pregnancy is visible on my tummy and it is as smooth as ever and my baby is 6 months and counting.

I was lucky. I had no stretch mark or dark tummy.

My friends that didn't see me while pregnant, doubt if I really gave birth to him
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mzora(f): 9:30pm On Aug 25, 2015
@nita2013 thanks much..will do as u have said.pls how many times should I give the 60ml?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mzora(f): 9:34pm On Aug 25, 2015
@shndy and esteria my baby have stop stooling a lot...so grateful for your advice on zinc tabs..
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ifefunmi: 10:10pm On Aug 25, 2015
Gr8fulHeart:
@proudmom, pls don't loose sleep over ur tommy color. It wil cm bk to its normal color. Wen I gave birth my tomy ws very very black and I'm a fair person. Was so dark dt I dint lik lookin @ my tommy. I use ori ocasionally and stop worrying, I dint evn no wen it returned to its normal color.
Great momas, who don use molfix diapers? Hw good is it? Hw muc for midi jumbo pack size? Reviews plsssss
I currently use it for my son and it is very good, i don't experience leakages with it and no rashes also (I use sheabutter for his bum though). The jumbo pack for size 3 midi should be around 2600 or so(not sure). Didn't get it the last time so I bot 2 packs of economy pack which goes for 1400 each.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by esteria(f): 12:23am On Aug 26, 2015
Oh thank God!

Mzora:
@shndy and esteria my baby have stop stooling a lot...so grateful for your advice on zinc tabs..
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mitche15: 6:31am On Aug 26, 2015
There's always a feeding chart/guide on the tin of the formula.start with small quantities and work ur way up cos your baby might not drink much @ 1st. As for sterilizing, I use cold water sterlizer, buy milton tablets and follow instructions written on it, you can also buy electric sterilizer if you wish. But why not consider introducing solids to your baby, I am guessing you will still be breastfeeding.
Mzora:

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 7:29am On Aug 26, 2015
corrall:

I share the same sentiments, the clothes I bought for my first daughter was worn till she outgrew it. I went there again to buy for my second one.

She really has no where to go so I don't see any need spending so much to get clothes she will wear and stay in the house, especially in this time of dollar rate. the clothes I bought fromantic dosunmu
side washed so bad, she could wear it after the first time.

Please could you share how you found which clothes are made of better quality at PEP? I've gone there once and it seemed like everything was rather flimsy.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.