Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,307 members, 7,853,414 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 04:15 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (410) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4451318 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by livelystone(f): 3:55pm On Dec 10, 2015
mytestimony:

Is the twisting to the back also wrong? Shey de say it helps so that in future ur hsnd go fit reach neck from back

d same with my MiL o....twist hand, twist leg, massage waist, massage neck with hot water. I won d agbo thing easily with her cos she dey fear fear easily cheesy all I need to do is tell her one ugly story. That's how she said I should be pouring hot water inside my 1wk+ baby's anus to prevent Jedi. Baby wey I born at 35wks+ and still suppose dey womb.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mitche15: 4:27pm On Dec 10, 2015
LOL.............
helovesme:

i'm in a good mood today, so i'm going to reply your 'mention'.

rather than picking up on my post which wasnt directed at you anyways, why not offer some meaningful advice to the poster.

i read your whole rant and i cant see an iota of advice you've given to the lady in question.

did you miss the part where she stated that her mother in lagos also works? so you expect grandma at her age to effectively combine her job with caring for a 3months old baby?

and yes, i stand by my statement. for someone living in abuja (where the traffic is no where as crazy as lagos), for someone based in Nigeria (unlike overseas where the cost of childcare is crazy), leaving a 3 months old baby with a grandma and not seeing that child daily is CRUEL. so what if people are doing it, does that make it the right or moral thing to do. if you dont like my opinion, then feel free to kiss the wall.

and yes, the lady in question thanked me for my advice. see below

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by cutiereborn(f): 5:04pm On Dec 10, 2015
viviparity:
exactly what they told us but they ask us to come on that their program that they might hv it.my sis, what amazed me was a friend whose dh is a health worker was given all of them even the new one .Nigeria nd im
Na wah o! Anyways, will find out more tomorrow when we go for the immunization.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by proudmom38(f): 7:53pm On Dec 10, 2015
Hello mothers. Pls can I give my 4months+10days baby follow-on formula? Dh mistakenly bought d follow-on formula instead of d infant formula.I dont knw if they wil change it 4 us tommorow wen he get they as it might be 2 late. Thanks.

cc:modath,kimony,rezzy,onegai,mytestimony,mummy2be,tcwinnie n other sabi mamas.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 7:56pm On Dec 10, 2015
proudmom38:
Hello mothers. Pls can I give my 4wks+10days baby follow-on formula? Dh mistakenly bought d follow-on formula instead of d infant formula.I dont knw if they wil change it 4 us tommorow wen he get they as it might be 2 late. Thanks.

I have no idea, but why not try first, maybe they'll exchange if the receipt is presented.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mummy2be: 8:31pm On Dec 10, 2015
proudmom38:
Hello mothers. Pls can I give my 4wks+10days baby follow-on formula? Dh mistakenly bought d follow-on formula instead of d infant formula.I dont knw if they wil change it 4 us tommorow wen he get they as it might be 2 late. Thanks.

4months or 4weeks old,i don't really have an idea,but can't dey change it for him?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mytestimony: 10:15pm On Dec 10, 2015
proudmom38:

Please change it. Meanwhile how come ur bobo is 4 weeks old. Abi u born again?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mytestimony: 10:18pm On Dec 10, 2015
Please mothers o what immunizations are for 9 months. I can see only measles on the card. I dont want to miss anyone again like we missed the rota virus
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lovinam: 10:19pm On Dec 10, 2015
Awwww dear! It is well.
Can you cope? I mean not seeing your baby everyday? If you can then by all means go ahead then when you get a stable home you can take her with you. Its not easy moving to a new environment with a baby( I did it and nearly lost my baby. She got very sick). If your mum can cope too then go ahead.
bisiswag:
Gudm to all our lovely mama's,both old and new. Please don't judge,naija economy is pretty tough nowadays! Please need you honest advice,can I leave my 3months old baby with his grandmum(my mum) permanently permanently for a couple of months while I resume work? Mum in lagos,job @ Abj. He would have had 3month exclusive BF b4 dropping him off to continue on formula. Real confused Cos am just so scared of nanny and househelps. Thanks for all your honest and non judgemental opinions and advice.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by proudmom38(f): 10:24pm On Dec 10, 2015
Onegai:

I have no idea, but why not try first, maybe they'll exchange if the receipt is presented.

Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by proudmom38(f): 10:26pm On Dec 10, 2015
mummy2be:
4months or 4weeks old,i don't really have an idea,but can't dey change it for him?

Na 4months o.Don't knw o,we will return it...Thanks sis.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by proudmom38(f): 10:30pm On Dec 10, 2015
mytestimony:

Please change it. Meanwhile how come ur bobo is 4 weeks old. Abi u born again?

Will do dat 2mor by God's grace...Na typo o jare he's 4month+.Lol @born again...u wan kill person? Thanks ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Beryl15: 10:37pm On Dec 10, 2015
mytestimony:
Please mothers o what immunizations are for 9 months. I can see only measles on the card. I dont want to miss anyone again like we missed the rota virus
Measles and yellow fever..
proudmom38:
Hello mothers. Pls can I give my 4months+10days baby follow-on formula? Dh mistakenly bought d follow-on formula instead of d infant formula.I dont knw if they wil change it 4 us tommorow wen he get they as it might be 2 late. Thanks.
If you can't return it, just keep it & buy the infant formulae. He'll still use it eventually.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by proudmom38(f): 11:54pm On Dec 10, 2015
Beryl15:

Measles and yellow fever..

If you can't return it, just keep it & buy the infant formulae. He'll still use it eventually.

Thanks 4 dis.I actually 4got dat he wil still use it o...

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by temmy2103(f): 5:05am On Dec 11, 2015
mytestimony:
Measles and yellow fever
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 7:59am On Dec 11, 2015
livelystone:

d same with my MiL o....twist hand, twist leg, massage waist, massage neck with hot water. I won d agbo thing easily with her cos she dey fear fear easily cheesy all I need to do is tell her one ugly story. That's how she said I should be pouring hot water inside my 1wk+ baby's anus to prevent Jedi. Baby wey I born at 35wks+ and still suppose dey womb.

Story. My mum stopped doing that for all grandchildren when we asked her to write down a list of all Nigerian gymnasts or competitive cheerleaders who had won an award. Children will be flexible no matter what.

The one that annoys me is the throwing up and down and dangling with one hand to shake the baby. Le Husb's aunt tried it once and since then, I haven't gone to see her (she refused to hear "please stop).

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by joilin(f): 10:57am On Dec 11, 2015
Hello Mamas in the house. Pls help.
I want to do family planning IUD but I'm yet to make up mind because am scared of one side effect or the other. Now I want to go for depo provera first may be before the 3mths will elapse I may be able to decide whether to go for the IUD because I want a space of five years before thinking of the third baby. My question now is that I hv not seen my period and my baby is 8wks old so can I take the injection without my period or I ll hv to wait till I see it. Pls if its possible to take it without my period then am ready to hv it today. Sabi mamas pls come to my aid ooo. I can't afford another pregnancy now ooo. Thanks in anticipation

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Sunnypar(m): 11:29am On Dec 11, 2015
Aadegal:
Good day mothers, are you still searching for that foreign baby foods like sma gold1,2,3, aptamil 1,2, enfamil, similac(sensitive and the normal similac), cow and gate CEREALS- gerber(different flavours), beechnut,nutrend,cow and gate,aptamil,purity,mulipa,heinz etc and gerber yoghurt,foreign ribena,foreign capri sonne and foreign diapers like foreign pampers, huggies,toujours etc. Available in cartons and single purchases, visit shop 3 jakande community park,iyana isheri junction, jakande estate isolo, Lagos or call 07044875717 or 08037126037. God keep our little ones
Do you do home delivery?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by modath(f): 5:16pm On Dec 11, 2015
mytestimony:

Spent today thinking deeply about this. You are very right o

I can't get over the fact the pulling & twisting hasn't helped anyone who isn't putting in regular work to maintain muscular /joint flexibility/ dexterity..

watch " So you think you can dance" on youtube & one of our numerous dance shows, then compare & see what years of constant practice & sheer dedication in contrast to picking up interest in something at a more advanced age as is obtainable in this clime....

Practice makes perfect..

@ onegai, we sabi bata & atilogwu dance for here, so we know sonhin pass eyinbo. grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 6:21pm On Dec 11, 2015
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 6:23pm On Dec 11, 2015
joilin:
Hello Mamas in the house. Pls help.
I want to do family planning IUD but I'm yet to make up mind because am scared of one side effect or the other. Now I want to go for depo provera first may be before the 3mths will elapse I may be able to decide whether to go for the IUD because I want a space of five years before thinking of the third baby. My question now is that I hv not seen my period and my baby is 8wks old so can I take the injection without my period or I ll hv to wait till I see it. Pls if its possible to take it without my period then am ready to hv it today. Sabi mamas pls come to my aid ooo. I can't afford another pregnancy now ooo. Thanks in anticipation
You will do a pregnancy test. If it comes out negative before taking the shot
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 9:03pm On Dec 11, 2015
modath:

I can't get over the fact the pulling & twisting hasn't helped anyone who isn't putting in regular work to maintain muscular /joint flexibility/ dexterity..

watch " So you think you can dance" on youtube & one of our numerous dance shows, then compare & see what years of constant practice & sheer dedication in contrast to picking up interest in something at a more advanced age as is obtainable in this clime....

Practice makes perfect..

@ onegai, we sabi bata & atilogwu dance for here, so we know sonhin pass eyinbo. grin

grin please please please! They have not even been sharp, to use their Atilogwu and Bata to start a cultural centre and showcase and teach classes and translate it into film and television, thus keeping the culture alive and at the same time generating a good source of income. Nigerians can have half-baked reasons for doing unnecessary things. At least in China, when they stretch the toddlers in Gymnasiums, we know they will end up on a podium somewhere in the future.

I used to love So You Think You Can Dance o. Have you watched any performances by SPAN here in Nigeria? They're not bad and they train abroad.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by joilin(f): 8:15am On Dec 12, 2015
@vivigurl
Thank you very much for the reply
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Keji3: 9:31am On Dec 12, 2015
Good morning mamas how are we all doing?
I have plenty questions this morning abeg make una bear with me and help me answer them. When do babies start sleeping for longer hours thru the night? My baby is 5 months old and we still wake up minimum of 5 times per night and she wants to comfort nurse everytime she wakes up to go back to sleep.
Pls is it necessary to teach a baby to sit or they do when they are ready? She's also not interested in sitting on her own and people are already bugging me that i didn't start early with her. For now she's only interested in rolling over and she's already rolling on both sides.
Lemme stop here for now as i await answers. Thanks in advance
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MumZ(f): 11:42am On Dec 12, 2015
Keji3:
I have plenty questions this morning abeg make una bear with me and help me answer them. When do babies start sleeping for longer hours thru the night? My baby is 5 months old and we still wake up minimum of 5 times per night and she wants to comfort nurse everytime she wakes up to go back to sleep.
Pls is it necessary to teach a baby to sit or they do when they are ready? She's also not interested in sitting on her own and people are already bugging me that i didn't start early with her. For now she's only interested in rolling over and she's already rolling on both sides.

Cos u r picking her up immediately she cries makes her keep waking up. Y not leave her 4 a bit nd c if she sleeps back on her own. Else she 'll keep waking up even wen she is not hungry just 2 comfort feed nd it's not a good trend u r setting, just b consistent. 2ndly has she gained neck control? If yes u can start putting her 2 sit by support all her sides wit pillows. She can seat for like 5mins den wen she starts getting use 2 it u increase d time. Gradually she learns. Sorry 4 my epistle, oda mamas 'll ans.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rezzy: 12:24pm On Dec 12, 2015
@keji3, my baby refused to sit @ 5 months. At a time, I got tired of putting him to sit. He began to sit on his own at 6 months.
You can put her in walker and support her with wrapper, that was what I did.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by favoredgal: 12:31pm On Dec 12, 2015
Keji3:

Well, for my daughter when she started taking cereal, I took the pain to stop b.feeding at night, when she woke up I gave her cereal- it was a longer process (the whole standing up to make it as opposed to lying down and b.feeding) but it was worth it cuz within weeks of doing that she started sleeping thru the night

From a mom who googled 'when do babies start sleeping thru the night' a million times with groggy eyes, hang in there ok? It passes. Every stage is just for a little while and you miss it when it passes

You can teach her to sit but putting her to sit on a rug or chair and putting pillows around her

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Keji3: 2:48pm On Dec 12, 2015
MumZ:

Cos u r picking her up immediately she cries makes her keep waking up. Y not leave her 4 a bit nd c if she sleeps back on her own. Else she 'll keep waking up even wen she is not hungry just 2 comfort feed nd it's not a good trend u r setting, just b consistent. 2ndly has she gained neck control? If yes u can start putting her 2 sit by support all her sides wit pillows. She can seat for like 5mins den wen she starts getting use 2 it u increase d time. Gradually she learns. Sorry 4 my epistle, oda mamas 'll ans.

I'll try that it's just a bit difficult becos we co-sleep but i guess i have to learn a little strong face. Thanks i appreciate

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Keji3: 2:49pm On Dec 12, 2015
rezzy:
@keji3, my baby refused to sit @ 5 months. At a time, I got tired of putting him to sit. He began to sit on his own at 6 months.
You can put her in walker and support her with wrapper, that was what I did.

As if u can see her lolz...once i put her into sitting position, she will jst slip on purpose with her back. I'll just keep at it thanks i appreciate

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Keji3: 2:51pm On Dec 12, 2015
favoredgal:

Well, for my daughter when she started taking cereal, I took the pain to stop b.feeding at night, when she woke up I gave her cereal- it was a longer process (the whole standing up to make it as opposed to lying down and b.feeding) but it was worth it cuz within weeks of doing that she started sleeping thru the night

From a mom who googled 'when do babies start sleeping thru the night' a million times with groggy eyes, hang in there ok? It passes. Every stage is just for a little while and you miss it when it passes

You can teach her to sit but putting her to sit on a rug or chair and putting pillows around her

Lolz i've also googled i don tire, maybe i'll start with formula when she wakes up first then gradually move to cereal. Thanks i appreciate
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by happymama: 4:42pm On Dec 12, 2015
Gudday mamas,pls oo,au do i mke my husband nd 2mnths baby close,he cries wneva he carries him nd stop wn i collect him,i cant continue carryin him wn he is available 2help,i blve som1 might av gne thru dis nd can offer advice on wat 2do....
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by viviparity: 6:10pm On Dec 12, 2015
pls mama's, my baby develop cough nd catarrh since yrsday ,what will I do.upon all the cover I hv bn covering her

(1) (2) (3) ... (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.