Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:37 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (685) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4401671 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (682) (683) (684) (685) (686) (687) (688) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by BritneyStacy: 10:08pm On Oct 21, 2016
phunmykay:
I hail all the mamas and papas ohhh,pls answer my question beg,I know I can rely on your judgement
Please reask the questions incase mama's missed it
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ahnie: 10:08pm On Oct 21, 2016
ozycy:

Lol, I was doing serious reading up.
Fresh cuties kiss

Harppy searious reeeeedin up grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by BritneyStacy: 10:09pm On Oct 21, 2016
starbuck:
Thread babies.....

Nnanna at 1 month
I thought am the only one who always tucks in my son'sclothes grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mompurity2: 10:13pm On Oct 21, 2016
pintoxx:

Madam ,y did u tak off d pic so fast na? i missed d pic again.

For dia faces being lighter,its very normal in babies,my dd 's face is lighter 2.
lol. I thought I was going to sleep early and won't visit NL again. Bit I posted since afternoon na..... where were you sef tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue.

Baby Zara is such a cuttie kiss. Loving her rocker too.
Let's keep up the good work, mothers.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by BritneyStacy: 10:23pm On Oct 21, 2016
pintoxx:

Starbuck,@ Mitchy,@BritneyStacy ,ur boyz r super cute n adorable.
Thanks Teamie
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by BritneyStacy: 10:27pm On Oct 21, 2016
mompurity2:
BritneyStacy, my happening August cappo of life! I am not on ebf ooo. They are on bm and nan1. Thank you mummy for the compliment. Ekene is so fine kiss kiss. Well done mama.

Thanks Dear ....
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by prettmum(f): 10:28pm On Oct 21, 2016
ooooh love what am seeing, nothing could compare a mothers love.. may God bless all mothers in the whole world and give us strength when we are weary and wisdom of God to bring them up morally and at the end we will enjoy the fruit of our labour and also make Heaven at last. AMEN!AMEN!!AMEN!!!

8 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by starbuck(f): 10:29pm On Oct 21, 2016
BritneyStacy:

I do tuck in their clothes to the extent my 1st son most times would like to tuck in his Ankara grin grin so we both in the same both.. Your baby is so cute.. Do take care of him.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by starbuck(f): 10:31pm On Oct 21, 2016
BritneyStacy:

I do tuck in their clothes to the extent my 1st son most times would like to tuck in his Ankara grin grin so we both in the same both.. Your baby is so cute.. Do take care of him.

Pintoxx
Contem2011... Thanks alot
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jennykoko3009(f): 10:44pm On Oct 21, 2016
Cute cute babies, keep it up mamas
Thanks mitchyy at ur reply
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by pintoxx(m): 11:06pm On Oct 21, 2016
BritneyStacy:

kiss kiss kiss kiss
Balancing in her rocker......all this layers of clothes, I hope there is A.C or fan at least ..the weather is hot in the after noon these days ooo
grin
BritneyStacy:

kiss kiss kiss kiss
Balancing in her rocker......all this layers of clothes, I hope there is A.C or fan at least ..the weather is hot in the after noon these days ooo

Cappo,LOL!no layers of clothes o,just d inner n outer 1,can't stand d risk of her catching cold as dh can't stay wtout ac .
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by pintoxx(m): 11:13pm On Oct 21, 2016
mompurity2:
lol. I thought I was going to sleep early and won't visit NL again. Bit I posted since afternoon na..... where were you sef tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue.

Thanx ma'am,sure we will, My dear was so busy 2daycouldn't come online.

C ehhhn,wen next u take off my sons inlaws pic without me seeing it,i will tel Zharra nt 2 marry dem again. cheesy
mompurity2:

Thanx ma'am,sure we will, My dear was so busy 2daycouldn't come online.

C ehhhn,wen next u take off my sons inlaws pic without me seeing it,i will tel Zharra nt 2 marry dem again.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mitchyy(f): 7:31am On Oct 22, 2016
lexajen:

Good morning Mitchyy
Please did you mix the Shea butter/perm kernel oil together till you got a smooth paste, or is it separately you use it?

Please can you upload a picture of what the cream looks like?

Also, I was told at the hospital not to use soap and powder on baby till after 6 months. Is this normal?

Yes, you mix it on your palm and then apply.

When i get home i'll modify this post and upload a pic. You have to look for the original palm kernel oil. My mum sends the original one for me every month. It's light brown, while the fake is black.

Not to use soap on baby? I've never heard that o. Baby soap was even part of my hospital list
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mitchyy(f): 7:35am On Oct 22, 2016
Comtem2011, Pintoxx, thanks mamas!!! kiss
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mitchyy(f): 7:38am On Oct 22, 2016
phunmykay:
@mompurity2 your boys are too cute to be ignored,well done..
@sabi MAMA n.papa pls can I introduce pap,cereals and formula to my ds he is 5months2weeks but he now sucks extraordinary now e my br*ast is cry for help,he is on EBF

Just bear for the remaining 2 more weeks till they reach the 6month mark.
You can introduce formula now if you wish. No one takes home a medal for 6months EBF, it is just a recommendation.

But for the pap and cereal, just chill a little. Please. Pele

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ganjababe: 8:01am On Oct 22, 2016
thank you so much ma. Will try all you said
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by eolowu1(f): 9:00am On Oct 22, 2016
gud moni mamas, pls help oooo d manual breast pump I bought no pump out milk oooo cud it be because of my big burst or because of my flat nipples
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 9:18am On Oct 22, 2016
Mitchyy are you Lagos based? Can I get the palm kernel oil from you?
Funny enuf that was the only cream my mum ever used.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rofemiguwa(f): 9:30am On Oct 22, 2016
Mitchyy can ur MIL jus make crayfish n soya and fish for me.no corn.so i jus be adding to d already made pap.please help me ask her.2 weeks more to 6months mark
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 9:39am On Oct 22, 2016
faari:
This gas thing is beginning to get to me.
1) She grunts and stretches anything she wants to pass gas, and now she'd fold her legs when she pees. I was told infacol or gripe water but we dey EBF and I'm worried about giving it to her. and someone else said nospamin

2) And she has this wheezing thing she does when she eats or sleeps. I complained but was told nothing in her throat, two days after the attached picture came put of my baby, twice. Thick mucus. And The wheezing I can still hear it but reduced though. I have been giving her vitc once daily, started three days ago.

3),What can I use oo. And one more thing, she doesn't suck that well. I'd even force her to suck after five minutes and she will begin to cry. Five minutes and she's done, will remove her mouth and off to sleep. What can I do? I am lactating enough and I even learnt to express the foremilk out a bit before I breastfeed so that the little she takes is d hindmilk. She sleeps and sleeps and sleeps. Feeds inky like five times in a day, maybe twice at night, even with abidec.

3) when she feeds these days, she poos while or right after feeding and it is green and a lil foamy. She hardly poos now and only when she feeds or just fed.

4) what can i use for diaper rash? Its this red patch on her vulva and butthole. Should i change hee diaper? We used huggies withe a ribbed effect and now we use one without. Someone recommeded Pampers premium.

She is 6 weeks old now.
Please help ooo.
1.My LO grunts and farts as well. I think its normal
2. Same thing. He only does that while sleeping at night and by morning he's OK again. His pediatrician checked him and said he was OK.
3. My LO used to do same. Falls asleep after 2 mins and I was told his father did same thing. So I try to wake him up by rubbing his cheeks, hands or legs ..change his diaper in between feeding, burp him etc. Also I tried to feed him with bottle 2ice a day. With the bottle, even when he sleeps off I just remove the bottle and put it back in his mouth and he continues sucking. He sucks for longer now.
4. Diaper rash, sudocream. Then use petroleum jelly to prevent the rash. Change her diapers often.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Pretimum: 10:03am On Oct 22, 2016
Prayer time!

Our heavenly Father, We bless you today. We thank you Lord for your faithfulness, your mercy and love towards us. We come before you to appreciate you for your grace upon our families.

Indeed, we are grateful, ancient of days our hearts are filled with gratitude, for you alone have seen us through from January to February, your grace kept us from March to April, your mercy took us from May to June, your Love has been a banner over us from July to August, you have been our very present help from September till now. We exhort you because we know that you will see us thru the remaining of the year even as we put our trust in you.

Thank you Lord, for how far you have brought our husbands and kids. We bless you because as we go about our activities in the remaining of this year, we will gain speed. Lost opportunities will be recovered. Restoration will come to us and our household. Our heaven will remain open and our earth will continue to produce.

Favour will attend our ways. The treasures of darkness and riches in secret places will gravitate to us and our families. We will see no more disappointment neither will we be stranded. Our meal barrels will not be empty.
They will speak concerning our kids in high places and our kids will stand with the enemies at the gate, no evil will befall them in the name of Jesus
Amen.

Good morning all.

23 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rofemiguwa(f): 10:05am On Oct 22, 2016
Heavenly father
We come before u today to say we are grateful
Thank you for the miracle of life
Thank you for your unending love,grace and mercy.
Thank you for our husbands,partners
Thank yu for our parents,sibilings and loved ones
Thank for our children
Thank you for protecting them
Thank you for good health
Thank you for provision
Thank you for your many unexplainable blessings
Thank you for being God
In our good times and bad times,you have always being there and never left us.
We jus want to say we are grateful.
Thats all we have come to say.
Thank you for everything
May your name and praise never leave our mouth.
Unchangeable and reliable and dependable God is what you are to us.
We your children are grateful.
May all glory be yours now and forever more
In Jesus might name i pray amen.

19 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Pretimum: 10:10am On Oct 22, 2016
rofemiguwa:
Heavenly father
We come before u today to say we are grateful
Thank you for the miracle of life
Thank you for your unending love,grace and mercy.
Thank you for our husbands,partners
Thank yu for our parents,sibilings and loved ones
Thank for our children
Thank you for protecting them
Thank you for good health
Thank you for provision
Thank you for your many unexplainable blessings
Thank you for being God
In our good times and bad times,you have always being there and never left us.
We jus want to say we are grateful.
Thats all we have come to say.
Thank you for everything
May your name and praise never leave our mouth.
Unchangeable and reliable and dependable God is what you are to us.
We your children are grateful.
May all glory be yours now and forever more
In Jesus might name i pray amen.

Amen!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 10:58am On Oct 22, 2016
helovesme:
Onegai

I'm thinking of trying dove sensitive but I'm a bit concerned about it getting to my son's eyes as this is sometimes inevitable during bath time.

Please does it contain a "no tears" formula? I know it's technically not a baby's soap or marketed as one.

There is a Dove Baby soap (it's more common in the U.S. though), but Dove Pure and Sensitive isn't a tear-free formula.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 10:59am On Oct 22, 2016
Pretimum and rofemiguwa, Amen to your prayers and thank you for saying them.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 11:04am On Oct 22, 2016
For the mums exchanging tips about the electrix breastpumps, those prices are quite high (and will probably climb higher). If I may make a suggestion, in the U.S. you can actually loan the expensive breastpumps, all you need to do is buy the suction plastics and sterilise everything else. Perhaps some mothers may be willing to do this, I for one cannot see myself paying over N150,000 for an apparatus I won't be using for upto a year.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by phunmykay(f): 11:34am On Oct 22, 2016
mitchyy:

Just bear for the remaining 2 more weeks till they reach the 6month mark.
You can introduce formula now if you wish. No one takes home a medal for 6months EBF, it is just a recommendation.

But for the pap and cereal, just chill a little. Please. Pele
Thanks I will try
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 12:17pm On Oct 22, 2016
Ganjababe:
Dear Sabi mama's,
Please, my baby will be 6 months in 2 weeks. What solid can I be giving him by then? He's currently taking Pap. Only milk is not enough
N.B: I tried giving him Gerber rice but he doesn't take it well, except if mixed with the Pap and Milk (messy right?). I know but he seems to take the combination well

Do a search, there have been numerous posts of weaning foods, ideas and tips.
Seach for key words like weaning, puree, cereal

You can try page 529 and read the pages before and after if you cant find by search.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tatacherie: 12:51pm On Oct 22, 2016
@ ahnie welcome back,howz big zino dooing.warm regardsregards
@ helovesme greetings ma,good to see u now frequent here.weldone!howz big boy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mitchyy(f): 1:11pm On Oct 22, 2016
rofemiguwa:
Mitchyy can ur MIL jus make crayfish n soya and fish for me.no corn.so i jus be adding to d already made pap.please help me ask her.2 weeks more to 6months mark

Yes she can. She can customize the soya meal and include or exclude any ingredient you need.

Let me know the quantity you need. I'll advise you buy just little first to see if your baby accepts it, before buying more, to avoid wasting money.

We can talk via Whatsapp 07039796890
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mitchyy(f): 1:15pm On Oct 22, 2016
sugah:
Mitchyy are you Lagos based? Can I get the palm kernel oil from you?
Funny enuf that was the only cream my mum ever used.

Yes i am. I'll have to ask my mum to buy yours and add to it when sending. What's the quantity you need?

The woman sells the small nestle bottle water size for 1500.

I was against my mum using it initially but now i'm very grateful.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mitchyy(f): 1:19pm On Oct 22, 2016
BritneyStacy:

Ekene sells hair. ....pure human hair...not synthetic ones oo as you can see. cheesy grin Pm me for prices .I don't want to name the price here before I chop ban

Great. We need 2kg. And it has to be hair that can grow

(1) (2) (3) ... (682) (683) (684) (685) (686) (687) (688) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.