Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,899 members, 7,817,661 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:39 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (689) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4402437 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (686) (687) (688) (689) (690) (691) (692) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tatacherie: 6:38pm On Oct 25, 2016
[quote author=Jennykoko3009 post=50491599]

Good morning mama, pls i couldnt get moringa leaves or powder around my area, can i substitute it with d seeds?[/
I don't really know how safe it is to take moringa seeds while breastfeeding.mamas how safe is it pls?
Good evening all
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ozycy: 6:48pm On Oct 25, 2016
shrekandfiona:

You know what, I love you already. I love people that treat their helps/nanny well and pay them well as well.

I pay my help 25k excluding transportation. I pay her transport cost weekly. So in total I pay about 30-32k per month. When my colleagues/friends hear that, they always say it's too much that I should pay 15k maximum.

I tell them her pay is commensurate to her work duties. She is a hard worker and is very good with my kids. Even if she asks for a pay rise tomorrow, I won't hesitate.

May God help us all.
My help was damn good especially with the kids. My kids don't like food even me sef can't feed them much, but she will successfully feed them an adult plate of food and I will be so surprised how they managed to download all that food shocked shocked
I planned to increase the moni b4 I sacked her. I can't imagine someone working for me and at the end of the month she won't have any reasonable thing to contribute to her family. She was hardworking dou but can eat for Africa grin . if you don't pay them well, they may end up stealing from you, being lazy and giving flimsy excuses to miss work.
The nanny kept calling me to take her back.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by soonest(f): 6:51pm On Oct 25, 2016
DANZAK:

Sorry, I meant to say 3months + 2 wks and not 4 wks

It's too early to start cereals. Try another brand of formula and see if he'll accept that one. You can also try giving him in spoon and cup for now.

Tatacherie, I sight you. How have you been? Kisses to baby Akela

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tatacherie: 7:11pm On Oct 25, 2016
[quote author=Jennykoko3009 post=50491599]
Good morning mama, pls i couldnt get moringa leaves or powder around my area, can i substitute it with d seeds?[/ ]
I don't really know how safe it is to take moringa seeds while breastfeeding.mamas how safe is it pls?
Good evening all
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tatacherie: 7:16pm On Oct 25, 2016
soonest:

Tatacherie, I sight you. How have you been? Kisses to baby Akela
I greet you Ma.I'm better, lost an uncle so I've been with my mum in d village.jst returned.Akela is very fine tnx.warm regards to your family
Pls is goldenmorn recommended for 9 months old?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helovesme(f): 9:20pm On Oct 25, 2016
tatacherie:

I greet you Ma.I'm better, lost an uncle so I've been with my mum in d village.jst returned.Akela is very fine tnx.warm regards to your family

Sending lots of hugs your way. kiss kiss smiley
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ozycy: 9:45pm On Oct 25, 2016
tatacherie:

Sorry for your loss.
You can leave g.morn till one year.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by soonest(f): 9:51pm On Oct 25, 2016
tatacherie:

So sorry for the loss.
I don't personally start goldenmorn till 2 years but I know people that start at 1. IMHO, I think 9 months is a bit early. Is she rejecting cerelac and co?
In other news, that prof's burial is this friday

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mompurity2: 3:20am On Oct 26, 2016
Onegai:
mompurity2 and prettyhurts, welcome to the club. Baby E did the same (and hers was much worse!), my niece did the same (and at 8 months switched fully to Eba and ogbono soup). A lot of babies do this, and try as you may to change formulas and feeding patterns, sometimes they decide to start drinking again from a bottle by themselves or sometimes they just don't want it anymore. If your babies are above the age of 6 months, start weaning and concentrate on foods rich in Calcium (like sweet potatoes) and load her with veggies and maybe add a vitamin supplement.
oshey mama. I went back to the formula I started using for them and they are eating like they missed something. I guess it was the new formula I introduced then. Thanks for always responding darling. May God bless our los
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tatacherie: 6:08am On Oct 26, 2016
soonest:

So sorry for the loss.
I don't personally start goldenmorn till 2 years but I know people that start at 1. IMHO, I think 9 months is a bit early. Is she rejecting cerelac and co?
In other news, that prof's burial is this friday
Good morning Ma,yes she's rejecting pap n cerelac so gldenmorn was d next tin day came to my mind.she been mostly on breastmilk for almost a week now.I'm so tired
Yes I saw d notice in my dept yesterday.May he rest in d bossom of Jehovah Amen
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tatacherie: 6:13am On Oct 26, 2016
ozycy:

Sorry for your loss.
You can leave g.morn till one year.
Huh..OK Ma thanks a lot
Goodmorning

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tatacherie: 6:14am On Oct 26, 2016
helovesme:

Sending lots of hugs your way. kiss kiss smiley
Thanks Ma'am
Good morning
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 7:08am On Oct 26, 2016
tatacherie, sorry for your loss.

Good morning mamas.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 7:45am On Oct 26, 2016
ozycy:

So true. I wish I can do without help for one month and me and DH take care of our kids ourselves, we will share the work. And if I have to go to market or go out to get something, I will leave the kids with him and I pray my 2girl will carry poo and scarra his bedroom floor grin grin , Am sure he will call me back on phone to come back and I will form so busy and not done with what am doing. My hubby helps out in the house and can comfortably take care of the kids but baby's poo poo can scare him for Africa.?

When we got back, Himself had never changed a diaper in his life. Then, we had no help and only MiL. That faithful day, I was in the bathroom and I suddenly heard "she has pooed". I ran back into the bathroom and replied I was still bathing. His mum wickedly left him to do it. See piteous cries of "Oh my god, why is it everywhere, is this normal, Jesus this smells, where is the front of the diaper, stay still na!". Me, I stayed in that bathroom and cleaned my toenails, wiped every eyelash down and even grabbed a tweezer and decided to tweeze my armpits. I could hear his mum laughing. Poor man was so traumatised.

After she left and we were on our own, he just struggled. His coworkers would snap pics of him sleeping tiredly at his desk at work (his boss used to laugh and call it "New Daddy Syndrome" ). But now, he's a pro. Though he will do anything to avoid a poopy diaper or even discussions of potty training poop (which I usually make sure to bring up when he's eating wink )

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by esteria(f): 8:33am On Oct 26, 2016
Pls my blessed mothers I nid ur answers ooo. Can I use Dove sensitive lotion for my 2yr old? I saw it at a store nd I asked the pharmacist if my lo could use it, she said yes after reading content of the lotion.

Tnx nd God bless u all

esteria:
Good evening blessed mothers. I want to say a BIG thank you to the morher who suggested dove cream bar in other to curb expenses. The soap is extremely good for my lo.

Pls which adult cream can I use for her? She will be 2yrs old tomorrow.

Tnx nd God u all.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 8:48am On Oct 26, 2016
esteria:
Pls my blessed mothers I nid ur answers ooo. Can I use Dove sensitive lotion for my 2yr old? I saw it at a store nd I asked the pharmacist if my lo could use it, she said yes after reading content of the lotion.

Tnx nd God bless u all

If the pharmacist said yes, then it should be okay.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 8:51am On Oct 26, 2016
tatacherie:

Good morning Ma,yes she's rejecting pap n cerelac so gldenmorn was d next tin day came to my mind.she been mostly on breastmilk for almost a week now.I'm so tired
Yes I saw d notice in my dept yesterday.May he rest in d bossom of Jehovah Amen

Have you tried Weetabix with milk (though we waited till 1) or try Quaker oats, milk, fruit (pear or red apple grated) and a pinch of cinnamon (that should be fine for under 1 year olds). The Quaker oats is pretty delicious and Beechams makes a recipe like that for babies as one of their pot foods. Golden Morn purged Baby E and she was over 1.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sayoberry(f): 9:41am On Oct 26, 2016
hi mamas . long time.

18 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sayoberry(f): 9:42am On Oct 26, 2016
smiley

13 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 9:50am On Oct 26, 2016
sayoberry:
smiley

They're all grown up.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MumZ(f): 10:07am On Oct 26, 2016
Sayoberry, just like yestdy. God bless n keep dem always. Great job u r doing mam.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Emerald22(f): 11:32am On Oct 26, 2016
Onegai:

When we got back, Himself had never changed a diaper in his life. Then, we had no help and only MiL. That faithful day, I was in the bathroom and I suddenly heard "she has pooed". I ran back into the bathroom and replied I was still bathing. His mum wickedly left him to do it. See piteous cries of "Oh my god, why is it everywhere, is this normal, Jesus this smells, where is the front of the diaper, stay still na!". Me, I stayed in that bathroom and cleaned my toenails, wiped every eyelash down and even grabbed a tweezer and decided to tweeze my armpits. I could hear his mum laughing. Poor man was so traumatised.

After she left and we were on our own, he just struggled. His coworkers would snap pics of him sleeping tiredly at his desk at work (his boss used to laugh and call it "New Daddy Syndrome" ). But now, he's a pro. Though he will do anything to avoid a poopy diaper or even discussions of potty training poop (which I usually make sure to bring up when he's eating wink )

U are very funny o.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by esteria(f): 11:36am On Oct 26, 2016
Tnx for ur response

Onegai:

If the pharmacist said yes, then it should be okay.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tojued: 1:15pm On Oct 26, 2016
PresVA:
grin grin grin grin

I will say I'm lucky as regards husband helping out with chores . . my husband can do anything .. It's just the way he was brought up .. he even prefers doing stuffs himself cos he doesn't trust the nxt person to do it perfectly..

If not that his job takes him out of town now, we wouldn't have needed a nanny.

I think that they way they're brought up is key. And the behavior you accepted/ displayed while dating and in early marriage. If you were forming hardworking champion while dating, why do you want to change now?

Then there's the social contract, I know someone who when she discovered hubby will not lift a finger reverted to the traditional 'you bring all the money, i do all the housework' role. That works for her and she was even using from the money he was bringing to pay nanny. Her salry became her personal pocket money.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tojued: 1:20pm On Oct 26, 2016
ozycy:

So true. I wish I can do without help for one month and me and DH take care of our kids ourselves, we will share the work. And if I have to go to market or go out to get something, I will leave the kids with him and I pray my 2girl will carry poo and scarra his bedroom floor grin grin , Am sure he will call me back on phone to come back and I will form so busy and not done with what am doing. My hubby helps out in the house and can comfortably take care of the kids but baby's poo poo can scare him for Africa.?

hahahaha, i totally feel you on this one!

well you can't blame them, i remember how i used to dodge poo diapers during omugwo when there were others to do it for me.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by olaronkecristian(f): 5:44pm On Oct 26, 2016
Good evening mamas in the house. you people are doing very good job here, God bless all that's yours. please how can I stop my 11 weeks DD from sticking her tongue out. Thanks.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by IryNky: 7:07pm On Oct 26, 2016
Tojued:

I think that they way they're brought up is key. And the behavior you accepted/ displayed while dating and in early marriage. If you were forming hardworking champion while dating, why do you want to change now?

Then there's the social contract, I know someone who when she discovered hubby will not lift a finger reverted to the traditional 'you bring all the money, i do all the housework' role. That works for her and she was even using from the money he was bringing to pay nanny. Her salry became her personal pocket money.

Helo mamas. God indeed blessed me wit a hardworking hubby. He does everything. We are doing it togeda coz no help. Dere is absolutely nothing my hubby can't do. From washing to cleaning of shoes to cooking, we help each other coz we have a lo dat nids attention always. It is well.

7 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tatacherie: 10:11pm On Oct 26, 2016
Onegai:

Have you tried Weetabix with milk (though we waited till 1) or try Quaker oats, milk, fruit (pear or red apple grated) and a pinch of cinnamon (that should be fine for under 1 year olds). The Quaker oats is pretty delicious and Beechams makes a recipe like that for babies as one of their pot foods. Golden Morn purged Baby E and she was over 1.
Thanks a bunch Ma'am.she's 9 months 2 weeks.I guess I can try these for her In bits though.let me see how it goes. I really appreciate

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tatacherie: 10:20pm On Oct 26, 2016
Onegai:
tatacherie, sorry for your loss.

Good morning mamas.
Thanks Ma.Goodnight rest
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jewel90: 10:47pm On Oct 26, 2016
Helo mamas, pls can my 9month baby drink ribena
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ElDeeVee(m): 11:22pm On Oct 26, 2016
PresVA:
hey mamas, what medical tests do I need to conduct on my nanny asides hiv, hepatitis B and pregnancy ?

thank you ..

Really
Pregnancy test on a nanny
To what end biko tongue tongue
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Bisoye82: 12:25am On Oct 27, 2016
ElDeeVee:

Really
Pregnancy test on a nanny
To what end biko tongue tongue
Pregnancy do mess up a woman's energy level i.e feeling sleepy,headaches,tiredness,nausea, etc.
In my own case, I discovered 1 month into the job that my nanny is pregnant but she insist that it won't affect her work Not true
She starts to complain about my twin girl that she doesn't sleep as often as the boy to the extent that she started making unsettling comments when she receives her in the morning like wahala girl,drama queen blah blah angry Then she will take the whole day off to go for antenatal and on public holidays she will send sms that she is having headaches,,etc(which means am on my own,mind you I don't have any other help).She was working Mon-Fri 7:30-4pm.I had to systematically lay her off.
So pregnancy is relevant.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (686) (687) (688) (689) (690) (691) (692) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: Mandela89(f) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.