Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,700 members, 7,840,736 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 01:28 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (833) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4436931 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (830) (831) (832) (833) (834) (835) (836) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iomoge2(f): 3:06am On Mar 17, 2017
olubankemi:

But you still need to be washing his hair/head.

My girl too was losing hair at the back n sides.
Then she was always having flu.

I got from here that washing daily is not good.
Plus i get flu wen i wash my head always.

Right now i use cantu 4 kids(shampoo n conditioner)....and try to wash every saturday.
I also noticed baby oil isn't good 4 her hair so i went back to coconut oil.
However hubby says i should stop cos sweat n coconut oil dont mix since i wash her hair once a weak.
Am looking 4 hair oil or cream 4 babies to use. Might chevk d cantu stand again

Right now d back is growing again.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 8:01am On Mar 17, 2017
olubankemi:

But you still need to be washing his hair/head.

I know. I meant that I've stopped washing it every day. I'll now wash it once a week
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dtush(f): 8:14am On Mar 17, 2017
iomoge2:

My girl too was losing hair at the back n sides.
Then she was always having flu.

I got from here that washing daily is not good.
Plus i get flu wen i wash my head always.

Right now i use cantu 4 kids(shampoo n conditioner)....and try to wash every saturday.
I also noticed baby oil isn't good 4 her hair so i went back to coconut oil.
However hubby says i should stop cos sweat n coconut oil dont mix since i wash her hair once a weak.
Am looking 4 hair oil or cream 4 babies to use. Might chevk d cantu stand again

Right now d back is growing again.

I use the cantu 4 Kids range too and my 17 months old babe's hair is longer dan mine. try the LOC method. u dont need too much all

So i mix coconut oil and ori togeda and got the leave in condition ( cantu for kids)

After washing her hair, while still wet, section into four with ur hands and apply a generous amount of leave in condition ( from the root) and just seal in the moisture with the ori and coconut oil mixture.

Try to avoid styles dat are strenuous on her scalp (no attachment). puffs are the way to go.

I make didi ( not more dan 6 or so) for my LO once every month,, which she rocks for a week, and its puffs all the way for the rest of the month. u can follow @munaandluchi on instragram. i learnt some thgs from her page

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MizMyColi(f): 8:28am On Mar 17, 2017
olubankemi:

Yesoo, just try. But always pour water in the. Baby head oo, for freshness, I however wash twice weekly.

Cool. Okay me sef will be washing twice weeklygrin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MizMyColi(f): 8:34am On Mar 17, 2017
jazzyjazz:

Me I've stopped completely. I only pour water on the head. I don't want stories that touch. My boy has very full and curly hair I need it to remain that way make I de use am do shakara grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Nne, I can relate o o

That moment when both of you go out and people be like..

Waow, your baby's hair is sooo full and dark

Waow, your daughter looks adorable

Waow, your girl eats well and her skin is fresh

And all the waow waow waow I can't even think of now.

Leemee nuh lie, I use to feel good ogrin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by realdentist(f): 8:54am On Mar 17, 2017
jazzyjazz:

Me I've stopped completely. I only pour water on the head. I don't want stories that touch. My boy has very full and curly hair I need it to remain that way make I de use am do shakara grin
women sef. grin Na everything u go use do shakara?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by WambyDiapers: 9:30am On Mar 17, 2017
Please stand and take this pledge with us:

"Today, I solemnly swear to always wash my hands, do my best to keep my baby safe from the bad bacteria around us. There's good bacteria and we need that but we don't need the ones from the common stuff around us... "

http://mameandboo..com.ng/2017/03/wash-your-hands-and-say-your-prayers.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mzezkay: 10:18am On Mar 17, 2017
Dis could be all urs....just an order away

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:12am On Mar 17, 2017
[quote author=dtush post=54667631]

Please do you know if Jamaican Black Castor Oil is good for baby hair?
My LO had full hair. We travelled to a cold region and she lost most of it because I didn't take care of the hair.

Do i cut it and start all over or should i try to regrow it?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ajuwarhodes(f): 1:03pm On Mar 17, 2017
Mzezkay:
Dis could be all urs....just an order away

How much will these cost?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mompurity22: 3:03pm On Mar 17, 2017
Hello mamas. So today was my babies immunization, so I decided to see the pediatrician for some small complain and advice. She advised I add small sugar to my babies pap. That sugar/glucose helps children to be smart and so on..... and I was like ehen.....
So mamas, how true is this? And does anyone add sugar to her babies pap here?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mompurity22: 3:03pm On Mar 17, 2017
Meanwhile, I thought they used to be thread babies on Thursday or so..... what happened, was it scrapped?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 3:22pm On Mar 17, 2017
Good afternoon Mamas, all this talk about not washing baby's hair. I dare not bring it up till Mumsi goes. We don over quarrel on top my internet/new generation ideas. I'll just make sure when I bathe my LO I don't wash his hair. But for my mama? She go scrub the head well well

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 3:35pm On Mar 17, 2017
realdentist:
women sef. grin Na everything u go use do shakara?

Ehen na we must to do d shakara before dem grow up o come de form big boys where no fit hug mummy in public grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 3:38pm On Mar 17, 2017
MizMyColi:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Nne, I can relate o o

That moment when both of you go out and people be like..

Waow, your baby's hair is sooo full and dark

Waow, your daughter looks adorable

Waow, your girl eats well and her skin is fresh

And all the waow waow waow I can't even think of now.

Leemee nuh lie, I use to feel good ogrin grin grin grin

Hahaha yes o! Whenever I take ilan out and they see his hair they always say "your girl is beautiful" and I'll be like "na boy o" lol and they will all be like "and he get all did hair? "

For my mind I go be like "yes o, make Una admire well" grin

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 3:47pm On Mar 17, 2017
iomoge2:

Having someone else feed eith bottle is so true.
My hubby feels am not patient enough or i dont knoe how to bottle feed.
Becos my girl will take bottle very well from him. Esp when am not within sight.

Something she does again is suck every 30secs wen am there. She will just take small n come back again in 5mins. Like... she is saying "momma b on stand by"

But if i pump n give her dad... she eats till she doses off. Lol

My son does same to me! He will hardly take a bottle from me but will take from his dad. As soon as he sees me he will start pushing it out of his mouth with his tongue or if its me he will take small and refuse then take again after 5mins then refuse then take again

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by eribooboo: 4:51pm On Mar 17, 2017
My. Baby dosent collect d bottle even when I'm not arund...given up n accepted her rule as she wants it grin grin

Learnt a lotsssss about d hair care,I'm guilty of Washing evrytdy ,no b my fault dats how I was trained to do it during omugwo....lolol
Now I know better,thank you mama's for sharing.

Pls mamas,for some days now I hv noticed dat she tilts her head to one side(right side) esp wen she is relaxed,she is 10wKS old. ...Pls any1 with such experience n wat do I do. Kinda worried abt it.. thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iomoge2(f): 6:59pm On Mar 17, 2017
dtush:

I use the cantu 4 Kids range too and my 17 months old babe's hair is longer dan mine. try the LOC method. u dont need too much all

So i mix coconut oil and ori togeda and got the leave in condition ( cantu for kids)

After washing her hair, while still wet, section into four with ur hands and apply a generous amount of leave in condition ( from the root) and just seal in the moisture with the ori and coconut oil mixture.

Try to avoid styles dat are strenuous on her scalp (no attachment). puffs are the way to go.

I make didi ( not more dan 6 or so) for my LO once every month,, which she rocks for a week, and its puffs all the way for the rest of the month. u can follow @munaandluchi on instragram. i learnt some thgs from her page

Thank you so much mama.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MamaOO: 7:34pm On Mar 17, 2017
sugah:

I was going to put Sophie on my shopping list till I saw onegai's post grin grin grin grin grin grin
Put Na. But make sure you tie it to your wrists when you go out. grin grin it's currently on sale at Babies R Us. cheesy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by oomiyale(f): 7:36pm On Mar 17, 2017
ahnie:

Forget all those gibberish abt gripe water and the rest.After birthing my baby if he has colic...gbomoro I would buy.same way I always stick to munching of garden egg after delivery to reduce belle fats.
pls how do u administer this gbomoro my D's is also having colics I have tried nospamin but itz not working was thinking of trying infacol.pls ur reply will be appreciated
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by harbeordune(f): 7:58pm On Mar 17, 2017
@ eribobo, my L.O also had that tilting thing, but it resolved with time,he is now 5 months. Also, alternate the sleeping sides consciously, it helps.

My question is wat is d best way to care for a boy' s hair.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Besea(f): 8:11pm On Mar 17, 2017
Eribooboo, don't worry it fine it will stabilize as her neck becomes stronger but make sure she doesn't lie on one side always.

For thread babies featuring my baby girl Eliana Nmesomachi preparing for wash day for her hair.

15 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mzezkay: 8:18pm On Mar 17, 2017
ajuwarhodes:

How much will these cost?

U could send me a pm....we would discuss better
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MizMyColi(f): 8:22pm On Mar 17, 2017
jazzyjazz:

Hahaha yes o! Whenever I take ilan out and they see his hair they always say "your girl is beautiful" and I'll be like "na boy o" lol and they will all be like "and he get all did hair? "

For my mind I go be like "yes o, make Una admire well" grin

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FINA4804(f): 8:34pm On Mar 17, 2017
@mompurity, Doctors in my church have also said it. And I do it sometimes, I think it depends on the mother
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mompurity22: 8:41pm On Mar 17, 2017
FINA4804:
@mompurity, Doctors in my church have also said it. And I do it sometimes, I think it depends on the mother
okay oo. I have sha bought a sachet of granulated sugar to try. Thanks for your response.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by eribooboo: 8:44pm On Mar 17, 2017
Thanks,will do that

harbeordune:
@ eribobo, my L.O also had that tilting thing, but it resolved with time,he is now 5 months. Also, alternate the sleeping sides consciously, it helps.

My question is wat is d best way to care for a boy' s hair.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by eribooboo: 8:47pm On Mar 17, 2017
Thanks,was getting a lititle worried now I feel better,will consciously switch her sides

Besea:
Eribooboo, don't worry it fine it will stabilize as her neck becomes stronger but make sure she doesn't lie on one side always.

For thread babies featuring my baby girl Eliana Nmesomachi preparing for wash day for her hair.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 9:25pm On Mar 17, 2017
hunniesuzie:
Good afternoon Mamas, all this talk about not washing baby's hair. I dare not bring it up till Mumsi goes. We don over quarrel on top my internet/new generation ideas. I'll just make sure when I bathe my LO I don't wash his hair. But for my mama? She go scrub the head well well

Lol, same with my granma, infact she go talk say flame dey comot for pikin head as she dey bath am, in my mind I will be like chai mama don over scrub ooo. It's ok you don't argue with them cos they will think you are not appreciating their effort. Atimes I will have to carry baby inside and apply whatever I need to apply.

Wisdom is the principal thing.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 9:29pm On Mar 17, 2017
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 9:31pm On Mar 17, 2017
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 9:34pm On Mar 17, 2017
mompurity22:
Hello mamas. So today was my babies immunization, so I decided to see the pediatrician for some small complain and advice. She advised I add small sugar to my babies pap. That sugar/glucose helps children to be smart and so on..... and I was like ehen.....
So mamas, how true is this? And does anyone add sugar to her babies pap here?
Hey Mama that wrote about glucose D or sugar in pap, I stopped sugar but I replaced it with glucose D, glucose has calcium in it hence it makes kids active. Though I do not generously add it. Recommended by doctor.

My kids don't even take pap oo, na fight n fight and if they take na after crying and cajoling. I don tire seriously, the last one I made na we dey drink am.

(1) (2) (3) ... (830) (831) (832) (833) (834) (835) (836) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.