Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,223 members, 7,818,764 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) (25519 Views)

Train Crushes Man To Pieces In Benue State (Viewers Discretion Advised) / Do I Need A Passport To Travel To Ghana / Pls Do I Need A Nigerian Passport To Travel To Ghana? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by JUO(m): 3:05pm On Jun 22, 2012
wonder
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by joesbuba: 3:06pm On Jun 22, 2012
i was there and i saw it,u could call the consuler office in johannesbug to confirm,wel is unbelieveable
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by manny4life(m): 3:06pm On Jun 22, 2012
acidtalk:

What in the world is going on with Nairaland Moderators these past months?

Must every post make it to the front page? Most especially very sensitive ones likely to cause National and International unrest?

The Passport in question might have been expired or fake for all we care. Journalism is all about findings.

The poster should have provided the passport number, visa details, name on passport before such story could be confirmed as being through.

We all know the length at which Nigeria could go to travel out of the country through hook or crook means.

Seun be very careful, yourself and your moderators need to have regular meetings and discussions on how to operate this forum because it appears you all are loosing it by each passing second.

Just a harmless advice.

I totally disagree with you on the bold part, the passport of ANY country is the property of the HOME GOVERNMENT. The home government issuing the passport reserves the right to withhold and most importantly DESTROY it if it deems it fit. All those details you put up there is highly irrelevant; it does not stipulate that you should destroy the property of the government, fraud or not. A foreign govt do not reserve the right to seize your passport for false information, but they reserve the right to arrest and prosecute you for withholding such passport upon arrival into their nation.

2 Likes

Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by mrkels(m): 3:08pm On Jun 22, 2012
Maybe he's a boko harass grin grin grin
Anyways I ll like to hear the full gist first
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by Fhemmmy: 3:08pm On Jun 22, 2012
manny4life:

I totally disagree with you on the bold part, the passport of ANY country is the property of the HOME GOVERNMENT. The home government issuing the passport reserves the right to withhold and most importantly DESTROY it if it deems it fit. All those details you put up there is highly irrelevant; it does not stipulate that you should destroy the property of the government, fraud or not. A foreign govt do not reserve the right to seize your passport for false information, but they reserve the right to arrest and prosecute you for withholding such passport upon arrival into their nation.

Totally agree with that . . .
The passport is a privi to the person and the property of the nation, so this is an insult to Nigeria as a nation.
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jun 22, 2012
manny4life:

I concur 100000%!!
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by joesbuba: 3:12pm On Jun 22, 2012
hope the right people get to hear this so action will be taken
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by SisiKill1: 3:13pm On Jun 22, 2012
There's gotta be more to this story than just "Hatred for Nigerians"

Dude was probably doing the whole "I'm king of the world, no bagger can tell me nating, nating" that comes naturally to our brothers.
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by Fhemmmy: 3:15pm On Jun 22, 2012
Sisi_Kill: There's gotta be more to this story than just "Hatred for Nigerians"

Dude was probably doing the whole "I'm king of the world, no bagger can tell me nating, nating" that comes naturally to our brothers.

No matter what the dude did, they could have beat him up, lock him up but not to deface a nation . . .
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by xrazzy(m): 3:16pm On Jun 22, 2012
wetin Nigerians sef dey find for South Africa? i don hate the country ever since i watched SARAFINA

2 Likes

Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jun 22, 2012
Sisi_Kill: There's gotta be more to this story than just "Hatred for Nigerians"

True. Razzing up the whole place in a bid to be 'real'.
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by miba: 3:18pm On Jun 22, 2012
musKeeto: A story and a pic.... all thats needed to make the front page... dont you guys think this matter is too sensitive? Were any efforts made to verify the authenticity of this story?
musKeeto: A story and a pic.... all thats needed to make the front page... dont you guys think this matter is too sensitive? Were any efforts made to verify the authenticity of this story?
i am sure the south african govt would not want to av issues with our ASHIRU again
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by Fhemmmy: 3:19pm On Jun 22, 2012
x-razzy:
wetin Nigerians sef dey find for South Africa? i don hate the country ever since i watched SARAFINA

Hate is a strong word.
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by slimming: 3:21pm On Jun 22, 2012
South Africans are getting out of hand for Nigerians to handle.
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jun 22, 2012
slimming: South Africans are getting out of hand for Nigerians to handle.

Nigeria is getting out of hand for Nigerians to handle. What can Nigerians really handle.

And then some people will come on NL to tell us how they rule China and S.Africa with their business.

2 Days ago, in China

A Nigerian Dies in China—and Racial Tensions Heat Up

The death of a Nigerian man in the southern Chinese megacity of Guangzhou — allegedly when he was in police custody — sparked a protest by Africans living there, raising tensions in a country still uncomfortable with racial difference

Read more: http://world.time.com/2012/06/20/a-nigerian-dies-in-china-and-racial-tensions-heat-up/#ixzz1yX38i3AP
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jun 22, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

You think all men are short, go siddon jor. Weren't you just saying Ghanaian men are short too? undecided

Do you know the average height for Nigerian men is 5'3? rotfl!

Don't blame me for being tall, and all the naija guys I know are tall.

The same can't be said about Ghanaians and South Africans - hence, why they always want to punch above their heights. grin

Whoever said the average height for Nigerian men is 5'3 must be high on bath salt. undecided
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by joesbuba: 3:26pm On Jun 22, 2012
i know people outside south africa will not believe this but those of us here, south africa police can do any thing out of hatred for nigerians,the guy is even lucky he was not killed
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jun 22, 2012
stillwater:

True. Razzing up the whole place in a bid to be 'real'.

Were you there? And is that a valid reason to tear a country's international passport?

What type of stupid people are we breeding in Nigeria, for crying out loud?

Some of you are shockingly ignorant, and unintelligent. undecided

2 Likes

Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by Fhemmmy: 3:27pm On Jun 22, 2012
joesbuba: i know people outside south africa will not believe this but those of us here, south africa police can do any thing out of hatred for nigerians,the guy is even lucky he was not killed

If it was that bad, then, it is worth being there?
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jun 22, 2012
shymmex:

Don't blame me for being tall, and all the naija guys I know are tall.

The same can't be said about Ghanaians and South Africans - hence, why they always want to punch above their heights. grin

Whoever said the average height for Nigerian men is 5'3 must be high on bath salt. undecided

Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jun 22, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Puff puff pass that good shiznit. cool
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by manny4life(m): 3:31pm On Jun 22, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Na wa oh, thought I was being nice here grin
Anytime a "passport" issue comes up, Nigerians and Biafrans like to separate themselves.

My one time of niceness see what I get. embarassed

You were being nice? Really? Anytime passport issues arise, Nigerians and Biafrans always separate themselves? Nice try... Try again
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by WebsiteDesigner: 3:32pm On Jun 22, 2012
Pitiable incidence, though not news. Only divine intervention will revitalise our image, and our respect, abroad.
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by Fhemmmy: 3:33pm On Jun 22, 2012
WebsiteDesigner: Pitiable incidence, though not news. Only divine intervention will revitalise our image, and our respect, abroad.

This is an issue that the govt has to do something about it, it is pathetic for the face of a nation to be Tore like that and yet nothing done about it.
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by yorke1: 3:35pm On Jun 22, 2012
Mere looking at the torn passport, one can easily deduct that the passport is fake and not expired passport.
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jun 22, 2012
WebsiteDesigner: Pitiable incidence, though not news. Only divine intervention will revitalise our image, and our respect, abroad.

This isn't about divine intervention, it's about respecting international law.

If they can tear our passport, what makes you think the same people won't go into our high commission in SA to arrest people in there?

We should take things like this seriously..
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by mohamosh: 3:35pm On Jun 22, 2012
There is absolutely no justification for tearing the passport. but one thing am sure of is the fact that it was not done because of hatred for Nigerians. looking at the report, you will agree with me that details of the incident is incomplete. I personally have travelled to different provinces in South Africa almost 10 times between 2010 and now and no policeman or immigration has accosted or harassed for once! I suggest people not to jump into hasty conclusions here. this is a purely governmental issue and I am sure after proper investigations, we will all have a clearer picture of the incident. we are all Africans, I dont see any reason for resentment towards one another. As a Nigerian genuine traveller, South Africa ranks among some of the best countries I have been privileged to visit.

1 Like

Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jun 22, 2012
manny4life:
You were being nice? Really? Anytime passport issues arise, Nigerians and Biafrans always separate themselves? Nice try... Try again

Are you pretending here?
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jun 22, 2012
yorke1: Mere looking at the torn passport, one can easily deduct that the passport is fake and not expired passport.

How do you know it's fake?

Nigerian passport looks fake, but that's what they issue to people.

The old Nigerian passport I had looks fake compared to my British passport, but it's not fake.
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by manny4life(m): 3:39pm On Jun 22, 2012
shymmex:

This isn't about divine intervention, it's about respecting international law.

If they can tear our passport, what makes you think the same people won't go into our high commission in SA to arrest people in there?

We should take things like this seriously..

This is the kind of things we see, what is the guarantee that they won't arrest Nigerian Ambassador there? Or destroy a consular vehicle or even impound it. These are the disturbing questions that need serious resolve, even U.S. will not even do such.

If the Interior minister knows anything, launch an investigation, if it's found that such things happened, recall Nigerian Ambassador and expel their ambassador until both countries are able to define the true meaning diplomatic relationship.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

72-Hour Closure Of 3rd Mainland Bridge, 48-Hour Partial Closure Of Lagos-Ibadan / LASEMA At Accident Scene On 3rd Mainland Bridge (pics) / Nigerians In Russia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.