Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,486 members, 7,826,835 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) (25541 Views)

Train Crushes Man To Pieces In Benue State (Viewers Discretion Advised) / Do I Need A Passport To Travel To Ghana / Pls Do I Need A Nigerian Passport To Travel To Ghana? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by Afam4eva(m): 9:03pm On Jun 22, 2012
Our government won't do anything about it. The guy is not a government official.
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by tlops(m): 9:11pm On Jun 22, 2012
joesbuba: A Nigerian who is on holiday in South Africa with a valid visa got his passport torn to pieces by a South Africa police out of hatred for Nigerians.

Please help share this for people to know how Nigerians are be treated here and hope our govt hear this and do something about it. Passports are govt properties, this is a slap on our government this is unacceptable. (pls help put this on the front page)

>>>NGA...OLISA>> seems like a frequent traveller ...something should be done..
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by murtalaa(m): 9:53pm On Jun 22, 2012
Not excusing the police's action, but let's face it, nigerians are not exactly your model tourists.
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by khazeem(m): 9:58pm On Jun 22, 2012
[quote author=acidtalk]

What in the world is going on with Nairaland Moderators these past months?

Must every post make it to the front page? Most especially very sensitive ones likely to cause National and International unrest?

The Passport in question might have been expired or fake for all we care. Journalism is all about findings.

The poster should have provided the passport number, visa details, name on passport before such story could be confirmed as being true.

We all know the length at which Nigeria could go to travel out of the country through hook or crook means.

If the story is true, Let him report to Nigeria high commision/embassy in South Africa and if he has and nothing concrete has been done then he should forward the information to us here.

Then and only then will we all rise and ask for the recall of the Higher Commisioner in South Africa.

Seun be very careful, yourself and your moderators need to have regular meetings and discussions on how to operate this forum because it appears you all are loosing it by each passing second.

Just a harmless advice. I wish u were d 1 in his shoes....do u know ow its feels wen u travel abroad and u are been treated like a pig just because of our usless currupted mischievious leaders.....am neva proud of beeing a nigerian
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by BUSHMAN1: 10:03pm On Jun 22, 2012
i lived in johanesburg years ago, i know this things happen all the time, a south african police man tried to strangle me in 1997 in my hotel (mimosa hotel) room in hillbrow if not that i punched him in the face and ran off he would have killed me, even when i ran he fired his gun at me twice i am lucky to be alive today, so tearing a nigerian passport is like alleluyah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by afrikanns: 10:05pm On Jun 22, 2012
@fisayo02
Is a slap on Jonathan.hp govt tks proper action!

Jona will only take action when he started feelin the pain of the slap on either side of his cheek!
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by sharatech(m): 10:14pm On Jun 22, 2012
joesbuba: A Nigerian who is on holiday in South Africa with a valid visa got his passport torn to pieces by a South Africa police out of hatred for Nigerians.

Please help share this for people to know how Nigerians are be treated here and hope our govt hear this and do something about it. Passports are govt properties, this is a slap on our government this is unacceptable. (pls help put this on the front page)
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by sharatech(m): 10:18pm On Jun 22, 2012

u must go to nigeria embassy here in south africa b4 is 2 later go there and report
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by Remii(m): 10:39pm On Jun 22, 2012
Fhemmmy:

You mean we invested into their independence and yet we Nigeria is in bondage . . . lipsrsealed
Just like we try to help african nations to conduct free and fair elections and yet we cant get it right . . . What a shame
[quote author=Fhemmmy]

Yes, Union bank used to be Barclays bank, AP used to be BP, they and many british companies were nationalized by Obasanjo because of Britain's support for apathaed govt in south Africa.
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jun 22, 2012
acidtalk:

Must every post make it to the front page? Most especially very sensitive ones likely to cause National and International unrest?

The Passport in question might have been expired or fake for all we care. Journalism is all about findings.

The poster should have provided the passport number, visa details, name on passport before such story could be confirmed as being true.

We all know the length at which Nigeria could go to travel out of the country through hook or crook means.

If the story is true, Let him report to Nigeria high commision/embassy in South Africa and if he has and nothing concrete has been done then he should forward the information to us here.

Then and only then will we all rise and ask for the recall of the Higher Commisioner in South Africa.

Seun be very careful, yourself and your moderators need to have regular meetings and discussions on how to operate this forum because it appears you all are loosing it by each passing second.

Just a harmless advice.
gerrout johr....... Go and make ur own site,,if u dnt like d way NL is being runned......
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by SisiKill1: 11:56pm On Jun 22, 2012
Ran
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by labbyboi(m): 12:02am On Jun 23, 2012
It's so exasperating when we ridicule ourselves all in the name of colour of skin...do u know d legal value of ur international passport or don't u have any?? Fool.
acidtalk:

Just a harmless advice.
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by justwise(m): 12:14am On Jun 23, 2012
skiploads: Ok! so this dude first posted this on June 14 under >> Foreign Affairs / South Africa Police Tear A Nigeria Passport Into Pisses by joesbuba: 2:50pm On Jun 14

It generated 4 comments and didn't make front page
He then posted the remix today --- Travel / South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by joesbuba: 1:30pm
But this time around, it generated lots of comments and made front page - It is a miracle!!!!!!
The pictures posted on the 14th were IMG00599-20120613-1709.jpg and IMG00598-20120613-1708.jpg
joesbuba: claimed "this guy is now stranded and was to leave this weekend back to nigeria please this guy need help how do we complain to the right authority" on the 14th but hin story change today
without going into other details, I think joesbuba is just a FRAUD --- QED (Case closed)

@joesbuba can you defend this post^^?, [b]skiploads [/b]made a very good observation there. What is going on?
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by Nobody: 4:35am On Jun 23, 2012
This is what you get from the Xenophobic people, when some criminal minded Nigerians can't just stop infesting other people's land to the detriment of the good ones.
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by Ivynwa(f): 4:45am On Jun 23, 2012
South Africans seem to be very xenophobic, wasn't there a time they fell on Zimbwabeans living in South Africa and were killing them? I keep asking why blacks hate themselves very much.
If it were a white man that came holidaying in SA they will be wiping his chair for him and even form an entourage recording every word and every breath he takes.
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by jidewin(m): 5:31am On Jun 23, 2012
Fellow countrymen,Please calm down.When I saw this story on NL this morning,I was like WTFAnd I concur with henrychubayos post. No matter what,as long as the dude was not hindered from free movement,he should report the case at a police station,but first at the Nigerian High Commission in Joburg.
I have and am still driving on SA roads and have been stopped for driving particulars (good thing the company uses car rentals).There is no denying that SAP and Metro Cops are as corrupt as Officers of NPF. Anything for R10-R20.However whenever I'm stopped for drivers license,I calmly give them my international drivers license I got from lagos while I also address officers as 'sir or Maam'.
They made comments to my face about Nigerians and how "funny" they are (guess u know the funny indicate negative remark) but I simply smile and respond calmly,again with a sir or maam.(Their women in uniform can shout at men ANYHOW,foreign or local)
Please,be prayerful always. Also,be humble in responding to questions from foreign authorities. If they don't ask,don't answer or go into stories. If asked any question,give curt response and politely. Again,no stories. Dem no too like english grammar sef.
I'm sorry for my countryman whose travel document was torn. However if he still want to come home,He should simply collect a T.C (travel certificate) at our consular and case is settled while investigations goes on regarding the SA cop misdemeanour. Hopefully,if his name or number tag could be recollected,the officer will be in for questioning. As notorious as SA could be,The media are doing very well in exposing BAD cops with facts and prosecutions follows. Whether white,colored or black.
Peace!!!.
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by jidewin(m): 5:58am On Jun 23, 2012
Mafamafa:

Where do u stay in south Africa, I stayed in Pretoria for ten years, a professional and not on the street, there has been no proper justice system in the country all through and I only left SA last year, if he goes to the police station he will be arrested, I promise u.... An incidence happened between me and a doctor friend, a taxi picked us from hatfield to sunny side and lied that our bill was 100r rather than 50r, we went to the police that night and my friend had to sleep in the cell cos we don't speak Zulu....... He better shout out on platforms like NL, south Africa treat Nigerian like dogs, check the issue of Nigeria pro wrongfully accused, the govt never did anything to it......
Mr broda. You made a point but you see,if your friend still have valid papers and proper permit,he is within his rights to engage a lawyer and sue the cab driver,the police officer who got him locked up and indict the police station as well.Believe me sir,I've seen cases here where wrongful detention have made them (SAPS) pay heavy damages(hundred of thousands of rands) to Nigerian victims...right here in kempton park.
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by aremuolusegun: 7:43am On Jun 23, 2012
He's he crazy. Well he's not to blame because instead of formulating laws and ensuring strict adherance our lawmakers and nation has a whole is seen by the international communities and commonwealth has unserious. That crazy policeman dares not try it with an american because he knows he will be jailed for that. As for south africa, am not surprised because its not there first time. Dey ve done it before with the yellow fever deportation.as for the Nigerian, its a warning sign that whereever u go outside dis country u will always be treated has a second class citizen. U better start packing ur bags gradually to come home.
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by x2ylove60(m): 8:05am On Jun 23, 2012
it hurt me so bad that great nig his citizen been treate like a rat in foreign land. well they are not to be blame but the govt
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by SuyaEater(m): 8:20am On Jun 23, 2012
maybe if we stayed in our country and work hard to fix we dont have to go to another man's country
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by khazeem(m): 10:16am On Jun 23, 2012
SuyaEater: maybe if we stayed in our country and work hard to fix we dont have to go to another man's country
true talk......am neva proud of dis country, i wish dis suld hapen to 1 of our top and govt officials, like a senator or somtin.....
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by sweetcheecks(f): 10:31am On Jun 23, 2012

Amazing how a police can tear a passport so smartly while making sure the pic stay intact. Dont you think this could be a dead persons passport teared up by a fraudster to defraud you?

As tall as Nigerians are so are they emotional. Some men especially African men leave emotions to women. wink
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by jmslimx(m): 11:14am On Jun 23, 2012
War on every South Africans...Bastards....Thats why i no wan go there becos i go fight there police ..Bastard people ...tear my pali and i cut ur prick
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by Nobody: 11:17am On Jun 23, 2012
jmslimx: War on every South Africans...Bastards....Thats why i no wan go there becos i go fight there police ..Bastard people ...tear my pali and i cut ur prick

Let's fight the war we have at home first. LOL!
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jun 23, 2012
It's annoying...

I would start the war with MTN...
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by henrychubayo: 2:20pm On Jun 23, 2012
Mafamafa:

Where do u stay in south Africa, I stayed in Pretoria for ten years, a professional and not on the street, there has been no proper justice system in the country all through and I only left SA last year, if he goes to the police station he will be arrested, I promise u.... An incidence happened between me and a doctor friend, a taxi picked us from hatfield to sunny side and lied that our bill was 100r rather than 50r, we went to the police that night and my friend had to sleep in the cell cos we don't speak Zulu....... He better shout out on platforms like NL, south Africa treat Nigerian like dogs, check the issue of Nigeria pro wrongfully accused, the govt never did anything to it......
I stay in joburg. But i said before, he will win and compensated if the story is true. All he needs is get a good lawyer and case finished. The judicial system is not as bad as you said here. If he knows what to do, and try to face it without fear, he is rich.
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by Aringon(m): 4:22pm On Jun 23, 2012
The first I wud hv done and damn the consequences is to punch that stupid police eyes n kick his brokus. Nonsense
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by vanminister: 9:15pm On Jun 23, 2012
RIPPED PASSPOER? WHAT ABOUT THOSE ISSUES THAT IS HAPPENING THAT IS HIDDEN AND NOT REVEALED?

YOU WAIT FOR JUDGEMENT DAY!
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by Nobody: 12:47am On Jun 24, 2012
If i was a South African, i would be xenophobic against Nigerians as well...there was a time Nigerians were xenophobic against Ghanaians
Re: South-African Policeman Tears Nigerian's Passport To Pieces (Pic) by item1: 12:53am On Jun 24, 2012
The issue here is not the authenticity of the passport. If there is anything wrong with passport then the police should have been civil about it, report to thr relevant bodies and carry out the relevant proceedings. This is tantamount to destroying our national flag. There should be thorough investigation to this action or else................

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerians In Russia / Trailer Crushes Fulani Man On Top Of Bike Dead In Minna,Niger State(Graphic Pics / Amazing Documentary Of Ibeshe Island, Lagos State By Thephotoblogger's

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.