Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,941 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:16 AM

The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses (110627 Views)

Omonile Lawyer's Rant Regarding The Demolition Of Houses In Epe / How Much Will It Cost To Plaster This Set Of Houses / 1000 Units Of Houses For Sale @ By Redemption Camp. No Agency Fees! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by spyder880(m): 10:43pm On Feb 01, 2013
I saw and inspected this 6 bedroom duplex with a penthouse, Ican do this for N19.9m from start to finish. Lovely house.

Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by omobrit(f): 10:11pm On Feb 11, 2013
Hi,

I have been reading your posts for quite a while and just had to register.

How much will it cost to build one of the bungalows in your posts (pic below) in ikorodu? But instead of normal roof, I would like a roof top garden with patio and a jacuzzi. Also with time of completion (hoping to get this done in time for xmas).

PS: I also have some floor plans i draw out that i can send to your email if its ok with you.

Thanks

Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by spyder880(m): 10:48pm On Feb 11, 2013
omobrit: Hi,

I have been reading your posts for quite a while and just had to register.

How much will it cost to build one of the bungalows in your posts (pic below) in ikorodu? But instead of normal roof, I would like a roof top garden with patio and a jacuzzi. Also with time of completion (hoping to get this done in time for xmas).

PS: I also have some floor plans i draw out that i can send to your email if its ok with you.

Thanks

Ikorodu, Ok. What is the condition of the land there, is it dry land or prone to be waterlogged? Please forward the floor plans to my mail below this page.
Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by omobrit(f): 11:01pm On Feb 11, 2013
Hi, thx for the quick response

Its dry land 50 by 120.

Sorry but i cannot see an email addy.

1 Like

Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by omobrit(f): 11:22pm On Feb 11, 2013
spyder880:

Ikorodu, Ok. What is the condition of the land there, is it dry land or prone to be waterlogged? Please forward the floor plans to my mail below this page.
I have emailed the yahoo addy on your profile, hope this is ok.
Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by spyder880(m): 11:37pm On Feb 11, 2013
omobrit:
I have emailed the yahoo addy on your profile, hope this is ok.

Its Ok.
Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by omobrit(f): 11:54am On Feb 12, 2013
spyder880:

Its Ok.
Good, I look forward to ur response.

Thanks
Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by nnemak(m): 6:43pm On Feb 15, 2013
Good Job. keep it up.
I sending you are a mail .
Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by Nobody: 10:05pm On Feb 17, 2013

1 Like

Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by Nobody: 2:22pm On Mar 01, 2013
spyder880: One very good friend of mine, a multiple landlord and youngest traditional title holder in Enugu state, (Nwata kwochaa aka 1 of .......... cheesy you get the gist na! This long time friend was telling me many stories yesterday night.

He told me building houses is in stages, the first stage when the intending home owner makes the decision to build, he will naturally want the best, and will always draw a bogus plan, not minding to ask the architect what the cost of building is. He will make sure to load the house with every conceivable feature in building, both the much needed and those meant just to impress passers by.
(If Mr A can do it, me, an SUV owner can build a better one)
He then shows some friends and family members who will praise his or her style and taste. Congratulating you for being very classy (in fact if you be bachelor, you will get so many pretty female suitors overnight grin ) but that is just the beginning of the fight. Because this is not the type of fight mothers come in to separate for their sons, this is not the type of dance you can gyrate with a handful of tobacco snuff on your palms. This is almost the biggest single investment most people make, and its not funny.

In the second stage, the courageous ones will commence the structure, and if only you know how buildings drink money like a fish dey drink water! But its very sweet at the start, because you will be seeing the house climbing in height, and yes, your praise will be sung everywhere.

In the third stage, according to my friend, is when the cash for the project starts to dry up, and the project is less than 50% completed, anxiety will set in, doubts will appear, you may start to owe workers and instead of chilling down and taking a break, some may get aggressive towards everybody, insinuations and accusations will start to fly, quarrels may erupt and we end up losing friends and creating enmity where we should have made friends.

All these are consequences of planlessness. We should know the price tag before we take the leap.
so spdy my question is, how much should one have cash before embarking on building a duplex that would cost say 13 million naira to complete and the person earns a salary of 500k per month. Can he start with 3million cash and depend on his monthly salary to complete the house say in a space of 2 and half years? respond please..
Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by spyder880(m): 3:02pm On Mar 01, 2013
ocman: so spdy my question is, how much should one have cash before embarking on building a duplex that would cost say 13 million naira to complete and the person earns a salary of 500k per month. Can he start with 3million cash and depend on his monthly salary to complete the house say in a space of 2 and half years? respond please..

When I started my duplex of 6 bedroom, I had less than N1m in my accounts. My monthly gross income was less than N350k but with determination in my heart and thirst for success in my mind, we are painting the house 2 years later. N10.5m has been spent so far.

I urge you to attack the house first, plan, plan, and plan again then rush the house making sure you spend money with caution, but don't appear too cheap or you get bad workmen that will damage or waste your materials.
Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by Nobody: 5:48pm On Mar 01, 2013
spyder880:

When I started my duplex of 6 bedroom, I had less than N1m in my accounts. My monthly gross income was less than N350k but with determination in my heart and thirst for success in my mind, we are painting the house 2 years later. N10.5m has been spent so far.

I urge you to attack the house first, plan, plan, and plan again then rush the house making sure you spend money with caution, but don't appear too cheap or you get bad workmen that will damage or waste your materials.

Thanks! i have made up my mind to hire your services due to the integrity and thirst for quality i found in you.
Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by spyder880(m): 6:55pm On Mar 01, 2013
ocman:

Thanks! i have made up my mind to hire your services due to the integrity and thirst for quality i found in you.

Thank you my brother, we will continue to do our best to earn your trust.
Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by spyder880(m): 5:34am On Apr 26, 2013
This one will cost N1m for everything, just provide the land and call us over. (I need to submit this proposal to the Enugu state government for consideration of a low income mass housing scheme) cheesy Two rooms with inbuilt toilet/bathroom/kitchen. Housing for all by 2020.

7 Likes

Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by chinosxl(m): 4:22pm On Apr 26, 2013
Oga Spyder,

I sent you an email with attached copy of my house plan. Let me know if you received it. Thanks.
Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by spyder880(m): 5:11pm On Apr 26, 2013
chinosxl: Oga Spyder,

I sent you an email with attached copy of my house plan. Let me know if you received it. Thanks.

I got the mail, has not opened the attachment yet. Will reply the mail later this evening.
Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by chinosxl(m): 7:06pm On Apr 26, 2013
spyder880:

I got the mail, has not opened the attachment yet. Will reply the mail later this evening.

Thank you.
Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by AreaFada2: 7:53pm On Apr 26, 2013
spyder880: This one will cost N1m for everything, just provide the land and call us over. (I need to submit this proposal to the Enugu state government for consideration of a low income mass housing scheme) cheesy Two rooms with inbuilt toilet/bathroom/kitchen. Housing for all by 2020.

Chief Spider, biko are you serious about this low cost housing or just joking?

By the way what type of material was used to build that house? Wood, cement or clay? is there also a lounge in addition to 2-bedrooms?
Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by spyder880(m): 8:18pm On Apr 26, 2013
Area-Fada:

Chief Spider, biko are serious about this low cost housing or just joking?

By the way what type of material was used to build that house? Wood, cement or clay? is there also a lounge in addition to 2-bedrooms?

I am serious about the proposal, let them give me a large expanse of land and I will divide it into lots of 50x60 feet and built small bugalows like this, twin format and sell to indegines for N2.5m for land/ house. They could shift it into the villages of Ugbawka/Nomeh in Nkanu east or Ugwuogo Nike.

They used cement for this building, no living room, just two rooms as basic living space with some bathroom/toilet and small kitchen.
Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by spyroxy1(m): 2:18am On May 01, 2013
good!
Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by chinosxl(m): 3:39pm On May 11, 2013
Oga spyder,

I'm still waiting on your answer on the U.S toilet/plumbing installation for my P/H German floor. If you know any plumber please refer me. Thanks.
Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by spyder880(m): 9:26pm On May 11, 2013
chinosxl: Oga spyder,

I'm still waiting on your answer on the U.S toilet/plumbing installation for my P/H German floor. If you know any plumber please refer me. Thanks.

Sorry for the long time before I replied. Yes its possible to fit that type of toilet in the German floor and I have good plumbers that can do it. Send the toilets seats into the country, the work will be done, thanks.
Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by chinosxl(m): 1:07am On May 12, 2013
spyder880:

Sorry for the long time before I replied. Yes its possible to fit that type of toilet in the German floor and I have good plumbers that can do it. Send the toilets seats into the country, the work will be done, thanks.

Thanks, now i can sleep well.
Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by mufutau55(m): 2:39am On May 12, 2013
chinosxl:

Thanks, now i can sleep well.

To support Spyder880 message, read the thread linked below to follow our discussion on how to install USA toilets in
Nigeria houses from Page 13 to Page 15. I am sure this will also help you understand more. So, sleep well.

https://www.nairaland.com/744862/building-bungalow-lagos/13

Hajji Mufutau
Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by chinosxl(m): 2:51am On May 13, 2013
mufutau55:

To support Spyder880 message, read the thread linked below to follow our discussion on how to install USA toilets in
Nigeria houses from Page 13 to Page 15. I am sure this will also help you understand more. So, sleep well.

https://www.nairaland.com/744862/building-bungalow-lagos/13

Hajji Mufutau

Thanks alot. I searched Nairaland for hrs but the above thread never came up. Was kind of worried at first. I even went on Youtube just to watch videos of U.S toilet installation. I'm glad its possible in Naija. Can't wait to get my project started.
Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by mufutau55(m): 4:17am On May 13, 2013
chinosxl:
Thanks alot. I searched Nairaland for hrs but the above thread never came up. Was kind of worried at first. I even went on Youtube just to watch videos of U.S toilet installation. I'm glad its possible in Naija. Can't wait to get my project started.

No problem. Just make sure you buy some extra flange you see on Page 14&15 just in case..
The only dsifference between the toilets here in the USA is that the #2 and water exited from the bottom
while it exited at the back on most Nigeria/Europe toilets. I am sure you have seen the samples on that thread.

Note: I was at Home Depot today, and even though the prices for the toilets are good, those things are
damn too heavy to ship from here and imagine I will need like 8-10 units. I will probably just acquired mine in Nigeria.
Good luck.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by chinosxl(m): 4:16pm On May 14, 2013
mufutau55:

No problem. Just make sure you buy some extra flange you see on Page 14&15 just in case..
The only dsifference between the toilets here in the USA is that the #2 and water exited from the bottom
while it exited at the back on most Nigeria/Europe toilets. I am sure you have seen the samples on that thread.

Note: I was at Home Depot today, and even though the prices for the toilets are good, those things are
damn too heavy to ship from here and imagine I will need like 8-10 units. I will probably just acquired mine in Nigeria.
Good luck.

Hajji Mufutau

If u ship cars or got family/friends that ship cars to Naija you can have all 8 toilets shipped for free.

Thanks for the advice on the flanges, I will be getting more than enough, home depot got them for a reasonable price.
Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by mufutau55(m): 8:19pm On May 14, 2013
chinosxl:

If u ship cars or got family/friends that ship cars to Naija you can have all 8 toilets shipped for free.
Thanks for the advice on the flanges, I will be getting more than enough, home depot got them for a reasonable price.

Yes. You are right about that.. I shipped a Honda Odyssey Van two years ago going for funeral and loaded it to the brim, after loading it, i felt sorry for that van, you should see the tyres on the floor, but it was still Ok when it got to Nigeria. May be I should do the samething when I finished my Duplex and loaded it with the toilets/vanity sinks and toilets. At Home Depot, I saw some good toilets for $88 and the vanity sinks for just $70, just imagine that. Thanks for the ideas.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by chinosxl(m): 10:04pm On May 16, 2013
mufutau55:

Yes. You are right about that.. I shipped a Honda Odyssey Van two years ago going for funeral and loaded it to the brim, after loading it, i felt sorry for that van, you should see the tyres on the floor, but it was still Ok when it got to Nigeria. May be I should do the samething when I finished my Duplex and loaded it with the toilets/vanity sinks and toilets. At Home Depot, I saw some good toilets for $88 and the vanity sinks for just $70, just imagine that. Thanks for the ideas.

Hajji Mufutau

I try to average 2 or 3 cars per year but this year has been a slow one. I have 3 possible car shipment pending for now, i just hope 2 of them go through. The last vehicle i sent last year wasn't that full and i kind of regret it now.

Is your project listed here on Nairaland?
Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by mufutau55(m): 12:15am On May 17, 2013
chinosxl:

Is your project listed here on Nairaland?

NO, not really. I am just completing the Mens' Quarter. The Duplex is like 1/4 completed..

I showed one picture of the project somewhere on this thread.. I will find it and post a link to it.
Thanks.

Here is the link: https://www.nairaland.com/mufutau55/posts/2

Just go in the middle of that thread on Page 2, you will see the green roofed Mens' Quarter
and the Duplex in front of it..

Hajji Mufutau
Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by spyder880(m): 9:54pm On May 18, 2013
We can start and complete this house for those whole love the looks for N5M, everything is involved, till painting is done, 4 bedrooms all en suit, large sitting room and good spaces, give us a call and the house will be ready in 60 days flat! cheesy

Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by Fhemmmy: 3:01am On May 19, 2013
spyder880: We can start and complete this house for those whole love the looks for N5M, everything is involved, till painting is done, 4 bedrooms all en suit, large sitting room and good spaces, give us a call and the house will be ready in 60 days flat! cheesy

Please show a better pix of front, side and back . . .Inclusive of the land in your area?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects / Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) / Kitchen cabinets, Wardrobes & Doors @ Touchstone Design Solutions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.