Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,489 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:13 PM

The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses (110597 Views)

Omonile Lawyer's Rant Regarding The Demolition Of Houses In Epe / How Much Will It Cost To Plaster This Set Of Houses / 1000 Units Of Houses For Sale @ By Redemption Camp. No Agency Fees! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by Nobody: 8:26am On Jan 27, 2015
spyder880:

A shower could be fitted there but no bath tub. I am trying to fit 4 bedrooms with 4 toilets in a plot space of 50 x 100. Anyway we are still testing the plans and you guys are doing good pointing out the flaws, I will tell my architect to keep working on more plans.
just a small suggestion i dont know if it will help for bedroom 4 you can move the bathroom door in the middle and maybe put a shower on the right hand side of the room.

Im not too sure how important the outside appearance will be to the owner but maybe you could extend the wall for the bathrooms in bedroom 1 and 2 which will allow you to fit a shower in bathroom 2

Or have something "rather unusual" like my bedroom setting, sink in the bedroom then the toilet and shower in the bathroom.
Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by trekkie: 9:00am On Jan 27, 2015
hi guys, please i need some help, i want to execute a concept and have no idea where to start. it's basically an event venue a hall, with parking for about 50 cars, sundry shops, and some landscaped grounds (i know i have not put any dimensions down, will get back to you on that) do you think one plot of land is ok for that? trying to make the money go round. please give your expert opinion. thank you smiley

second question how costly is it to build a hall please just estimate maybe based on past projects? thanks again
Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by spyder880(m): 9:53am On Jan 27, 2015
Mondisweets:
just a small suggestion i dont know if it will help for bedroom 4 you can move the bathroom door in the middle and maybe put a shower on the right hand side of the room.

Im not too sure how important the outside appearance will be important to the owner but maybe you could extend the wall for the bathrooms in bedroom 1 and 2 which will allow you to fit a shower in bedroom.

Or have something "rather unusual" like my bedroom setting, sink in the bedroom then the toilet and shower in the bathroom.

I like this concept.

1 Like

Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by spyder880(m): 9:55am On Jan 27, 2015
trekkie:
hi guys, please i need some help, i want to execute a concept and have no idea where to start. it's basically an event venue a hall, with parking for about 50 cars, sundry shops, and some landscaped grounds (i know i have not put any dimensions down, will get back to you on that) do you think one plot of land is ok for that? trying to make the money go round. please give your expert opinion. thank you smiley

second question how costly is it to build a hall please just estimate maybe based on past projects? thanks again

A plot of land for 50 cars? The land should be a very large space. Buy the land first and we can help you do the planning later.
Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by trekkie: 9:59am On Jan 27, 2015
spyder880:

A plot of land for 50 cars? The land should be a very large space. Buy the land first and we can help you do the planning later.

cheesy i know.. i totally lack experience in land sizes so i asked. cheesy thank you for replying. i am grateful and will get back to you as soon as negotiations are concluded. i just wanted to know if i should up what i want or just stick with one plot.. i do not want to waste money on land i cannot afford now... thanks again.
Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by Nobody: 10:08am On Jan 27, 2015
trekkie:

cheesy i know.. i totally lack experience in land sizes so i asked. cheesy thank you for replying. i am grateful and will get back to you as soon as negotiations are concluded. i just wanted to know if i should up what i want or just stick with one plot.. i do not want to waste money on land i cannot afford now... thanks again.
sometimes you dont really need that much land because the structure of your building will determine how much space can be used up for instance you can jus 1 1/2 acres to put up a structure with over 300 commercial sectional units snd create parking space for up to 200parking spaces.

For example the building below has about 450 residential apartments and it has parking space for over 300 cars on the ground floor and a basement underground but it has only taken up about 2acres of land or so.

Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by Nobody: 10:12am On Jan 27, 2015
spyder880:

I like this concept.
i found a floor plan thats much more helpful

Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by trekkie: 10:21am On Jan 27, 2015
@mondisweets.. wow, thank you so much. you really got me thinking in another direction.....the picture ... oh wow talk about space maximization.. thanks a lot.. ( my heart had been beating fast thinking i would have to get a Texas sized spread to make this work and how this would mess with my budget.) cheesy
Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by Nobody: 10:28am On Jan 27, 2015
trekkie:
@mondisweets.. wow, thank you so much. you really got me thinking in another direction.....the picture ... oh wow talk about space maximization.. thanks a lot.. ( my heart had been beating fast thinking i would have to get a Texas sized spread to make this work and how this would mess with my budget.) cheesy
it can definitely save you on the land but im not too sure if it will help you will save on the construction part though.

1 Like

Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by trekkie: 10:44am On Jan 27, 2015
Mondisweets:
it can definitely save you on the land but im not too sure if it will help you will save on the construction part though.

yeah, i realize that looking at the pic. to save land, more money needs to go into making a sturdy structure. i am now thinking how to incorporate two to three shops/event hall/one large office/warehouse. the remaining is dedicated to a garden area/parking. so my structure is nowhere as demanding as the picture but i get the idea sha.
Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by gokpoechi(m): 10:46am On Jan 27, 2015
Hello Spyder,

Pls can u drop ur bbm pin or whatsapp number? I am interested in ur services.

Thanks
Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by Nobody: 11:08am On Jan 27, 2015
trekkie:

yeah, i realize that looking at the pic. to save land, more money needs to go into making a sturdy structure. i am now thinking how to incorporate two to three shops/event hall/one large office/warehouse. the remaining is dedicated to a garden area/parking. so my structure is nowhere as demanding as the picture but i get the idea sha.
im sure you will not need a ridiculous size of land, anyway i hope your project will go well and according to plan.
Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by spyder880(m): 11:22am On Jan 27, 2015
gokpoechi:
Hello Spyder,

Pls can u drop ur bbm pin or whatsapp number? I am interested in ur services.

Thanks

Reach me on 08033350750, ckenneths@yahoo.co.uk. Thanks

1 Like

Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jan 27, 2015
Mondisweets:
sometimes you dont really need that much land because the structure of your building will determine how much space can be used up for instance you can jus 1 1/2 acres to put up a structure with over 300 commercial sectional units snd create parking space for up to 200parking spaces.

For example the building below has about 450 residential apartments and it has parking space for over 300 cars on the ground floor and a basement underground but it has only taken up about 2acres of land or so.
shocked shocked
Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jan 27, 2015
Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jan 27, 2015
Spyder, please share your thoughts on an inside courtyard like this. Can you build a design that includes this?

Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by Kx: 11:21pm On Jan 27, 2015
Folllowing
Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by spyder880(m): 8:23am On Jan 28, 2015
I love inner courtyards, especially when they are open at the top, this is a good way to provide natural ventilation and even illumination into the house. But a lot of care must be taken to work on the management of rain water which will be flowing into the courtyard. The ground should have plumbing provisions running beneath the house to channel excess water to the outside. (I can see the floor design in the above pictures and they were made to handle some flow)

Another thing to consider in a courtyard is the possibility of the growth of algae and other such plants in the grounds or walls in a courtyard. Special paints which are designed to fight algae should be used inside the courtyard. Its a very nice idea, just that many people love the completely covered roof here in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by mufutau55(m): 3:08pm On Jan 28, 2015
In Nigeria... Security is my number one concern; that is whey I cannot have a house designed like that.. Sorry. Very nice and modern, but NO.

Hajji M.
Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jan 28, 2015
mufutau55:
In Nigeria... Security is my number one concern; that is whey I cannot have a house designed like that.. Sorry. Very nice and modern, but NO.

Hajji M.

Security is also my number one concern and that is why this structure, as is any structure, can be designed to be very safe.

I intend to have an iconic structure that is very safe for the inhabitants.

Securing a house is more than just one level of defense, i.e. bricked up, iron bars on windows and reenforced front door. This is why hoem invasion robbery still occurs in Nigeria.

Proper security demands levels of measures, each stronger accordingly. I can't share my secrets on this one but it can be learned by pouring over the web and then customizing it to fit your individual lifestyle.

In any case the main thing is to make your property, house or car, uninviting to regular opportunistic robbers. A determined thief will break in into any structure. The rob banks in Nigeria with all the security.
Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by mufutau55(m): 5:50pm On Jan 28, 2015
CityNG:

Security is also my number one concern and that is why this structure, as is any structure, can be designed to be very safe.
I intend to have an iconic structure that is very safe for the inhabitants.

I surely trust you will... All your posts are very exciting.. please share with us when you do have something ready.. Thanks.

Hajji M.
Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by haftob(m): 10:18pm On Jan 28, 2015
spyder880:
I love inner courtyards, especially when they are open at the top, this is a good way to provide natural ventilation and even illumination into the house. But a lot of care must be taken to work on the management of rain water which will be flowing into the courtyard. The ground should have plumbing provisions running beneath the house to channel excess water to the outside. (I can see the floor design in the above pictures and they were made to handle some flow)

Another thing to consider in a courtyard is the possibility of the growth of algae and other such plants in the grounds or walls in a courtyard. Special paints which are designed to fight algae should be used inside the courtyard. Its a very nice idea, just that many people love the completely covered roof here in Nigeria.
I agree with u dat many ppl love completely covered house,but ppl do appreciate houses with courtyard. Our two houses have courtyards and we don't av problem with algae growth mayb cos we do some washing there and we make sure we sweep the floor so dat there won't be any stagnant water and bliv me the floor is not painted just cemented and a channel is provided for water to passout. The only problem we av is dat wen rain is falling,some fall in the passage, wat we did in one of the houses is to cover the courtyard with glass,and the problem was solved.

1 Like

Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jan 28, 2015
haftob:

I agree with u dat many ppl love completely covered house,but ppl do appreciate houses with courtyard. Our two houses have courtyards and we don't av problem with algae growth mayb cos we do some washing there and we make sure we sweep the floor so dat there won't be any stagnant water and bliv me the floor is not painted just cemented and a channel is provided for water to passout. The only problem we av is dat wen rain is falling,some fall in the passage, wat we did in one of the houses is to cover the courtyard with glass,and the problem was solved.

I salute you Sir.

If you can I will surely appreciate a few pictures to see your courtyard.

You can email them to me for privacy.

I intend to collect the rain water in a buried storage tank for non portable uses like washing cars, flushing toilets, etc
Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by Nobody: 12:30am On Jan 30, 2015
Just another picture to wet the whistle of courtyard lovers.

1 Like

Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by mufutau55(m): 1:37am On Jan 30, 2015
CityNG:
Just another picture to wet the whistle of courtyard lovers.

CityNG, are the above posted houses in a snowy areas? Wonder how this will tolerate the snow condition..

Hajji M.
Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by Nobody: 1:45am On Jan 30, 2015
mufutau55:

CityNG, are the above posted houses in a snowy areas? Wonder how this will tolerate the snow condition..

Hajji M.

I really couldn't tell but I know one has a retractable roof over the atrium.

Oga Spyder, has stained concrete has made it to Nigeria yet? That's what I want.
Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by FastShipping: 4:01am On Jan 30, 2015
CityNG:

Oga Spyder, has stained concrete has made it to Nigeria yet? That's what I want.

I have so much in common with you when it comes to building homes. The pictures above are appealing to me as well. The stained concrete floor picture looks so nice. I once posted concrete stained floors on this forum and Hajj told me they have artisans who do them in Nigeria but I don't know how good the artisans in Nigeria are. I prefer those stained concrete to some tiles I see on this forum from time to time. Stained concrete floors are more durable than floor tiles.

I look forward to the day when I see artisans who are experts in concrete stained floors and terrazzo floors in Nigeria..

1 Like

Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by spyder880(m): 4:03am On Jan 30, 2015
CityNG:

If you mean the stained concrete finish for floors and walkways, then yes, a nairalander had a thread where he did stamping, designing and stained concrete for compound floors. I remember the picture he posted for a Glo mobile office work, will look for the thread later.

1 Like

Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by Nobody: 4:15am On Jan 30, 2015
spyder880:

If you mean the stained concrete finish for floors and walkways, then yes, a nairalander had a thread where he did stamping, designing and stained concrete for compound floors. I remember the picture he posted for a Glo mobile office work, will look for the thread later.

Yes that's what I meant.

Thanks.
Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by mufutau55(m): 4:34am On Jan 30, 2015
spyder880:

This the thread you are referring to by Junapril... not sure if this is up to your taste Mr. CityNG. Check it out.. I got my floor ideas from it.

https://www.nairaland.com/1311119/pictorial-presentation-process-unique-concrete

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by Nobody: 4:37am On Jan 30, 2015
FastShipping:

I have so much in common with you when it comes to building homes. The pictures above are appealing to me as well. The stained concrete floor picture looks so nice. I once posted concrete stained floors on this forum and Hajj told me they have artisans who do them in Nigeria but I don't know how good the artisans in Nigeria are. I prefer those stained concrete to some tiles I see on this forum from time to time. Stained concrete floors are more durable than floor tiles.

I look forward to the day when I see artisans who are experts in concrete stained floors and terrazzo floors in Nigeria..

I'm glad you like some of the designs. We need to encourage each other and explore different opportunities.

If Nigerian builders are so hell bent on using concrete then heck let's get on with it then grin

Stained concrete will be another way to save money since you won't have to tile or carpet (you'll just use area rugs in key areas).

Another idea of mine in my build will be to use wood or steel for staircase.

Also Oga Spyder how feasible is using styrofoam blocks with poured concrete to make exterior walls?You'll get guaranteed straight walls done in a few hours.

My invitation to Oga Spyder still stands, I will write an invitation letter (whatever value that holds with the embassy) and put you up for a week or two so you can see first hand the methods being used today. I'm happy to see that you're now considering aluminium parapet. When I say the elaborate labour it takes to set up the forms I knew it was totally a waste. There's more improvement that can be made.

Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by mufutau55(m): 4:51am On Jan 30, 2015
CityNG:

Also Oga Spyder how feasible is using styrofoam blocks with poured concrete to make exterior walls?You'll get guaranteed straight walls done in a few hours.

I have seen the Styrofoam being used somewhere in Abuja for blocks, decking and even parapet.. it's one of the Sypder's thread somewhere,
I will post it if I can dig it out. Those pics you posted... I have seen them before but I don't what they are called... what is it? I will appreciate a link for learning purposes. Thanks.

Hajji M.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects / Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) / Kitchen cabinets, Wardrobes & Doors @ Touchstone Design Solutions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.