Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,716 members, 7,809,711 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:44 PM

Ghanaian Movies Banned In Nigeria - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Ghanaian Movies Banned In Nigeria (26204 Views)

Fifty Shades Of Grey Banned In Nigeria Cinemas Due To Sexual Content / Ghanaian Movies Banned In Nigeria Over Excessive Nudity And Idecency…” / New Ghanaian Movie (Heart Of Men) Is Been Banned In Ghana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghanaian Movies Banned In Nigeria by mrperfect(m): 4:29pm On Jun 24, 2012
This isn't a good development something needs to be done.
Re: Ghanaian Movies Banned In Nigeria by otumfour(m): 4:39pm On Jun 24, 2012
Mr Everest: Imagine little Ghana, wonders shall never end. Dont u guys knw dat shud Nigeria cough, Ghana wud definitely catch pneumonia? U guys shud better go and ask Benin, ur fellow banana rep, what happnd 2 them when they tried 2 rub shoulders wit us (it was during OBJ's tenure) Baba simply closed our borders wit them and Benin almost went bankrupt! This prompted their president, Mr Boni Yayi to come 2 Aso rock n tender an unreserved appology. Ghana shud not provoke Nigeria, d repercussion could be ominous. Despite Nigeria's battle wit terrorists, we stil have what it takes 2 cripple little Ghana!

lol! keep talkn sh!xt, boko haram shoud be ur headache.....rather think pray abt boko haram before ur people start running to the same Ghana tht u hate so much

FOOD FOR THOUGHT TO U DUMB FURKS

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian Movies Banned In Nigeria by 9javoice1(m): 4:41pm On Jun 24, 2012
Why are Ghana sowing seed of discord in west africa.

Anyway Thanks to God Nigeria give them a lot of Time to repent.

For now Ghana movies should go to hell, a good reason to stop its spread in nigeria.
time to save our generation from Indecency.
Re: Ghanaian Movies Banned In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jun 24, 2012
otumfour:

lol! keep talkn sh!xt, boko haram shoud be ur headache.....rather think pray abt boko haram before ur people start running to the same Ghana tht u hate so much

RUNNING TO GHANA? ARE U AMAZINGLY RETARDED OR YOU'RE DRUNK THIS EARLY? GET THE POINT, GHANA STANDS MORE ( A WHOLE LOT) TO LOSE IF NIGERIA N GHANA DISAGREE.. ASK YOUR MISERABLE SELF WHAT NIGERIA IS GAINING FROM YOUR POOR WRETCHED COUNTRY U DISGUSTING LUNATIC... FIND TIME TO FIND OUT ALL GHANA GAINS FROM NIGERIA BEFORE YOU DECIDE TO COME AND ARGUE ON BEHALF OF YOU APE NATION. RETARD
Re: Ghanaian Movies Banned In Nigeria by otumfour(m): 4:50pm On Jun 24, 2012
^^^^ BOKO HARAM IS BOMBING UR PRISONS TO FREE THEIR PEOPLE......U GUYS ARE FORKED grin grin grin
Re: Ghanaian Movies Banned In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jun 24, 2012
otumfour:

EVEN YOUR NAME ALONE IS MAKING ME NAUSEOUS 0_0
Re: Ghanaian Movies Banned In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jun 24, 2012
djfiifi:

Did Nigeria deport Ghanaians out of jealousy?
You guys are so rude and refuse to read,in Ghana its stated that certain business are for Ghanaians only,so if you go ahead to partake in those businesses what do you expect us to do to you?
We will not kill as it was done in South Africa(Xenophobic attack) but ask you politely to disengage in those businesses or be forced to do so and thats whats going to happen.
Stop telling lies and speak the truth,you were given grace period of three months.
In our country we obey laws and respect authority.

Please what r u looking for here? this place is for Nigerians only, don't u guys have 'cediland'? ur govt is bgining to make Nigerians hate Ghanians, and that is not too gud for the ministry oooo
Re: Ghanaian Movies Banned In Nigeria by SamAfrik(m): 4:53pm On Jun 24, 2012
Mainframe production does it 4 me anytime. Im less concerned wit golly & english nolly provided Mr. Latin, Suwe, Odule keep me laughin. However, I'm alwys proud & hapi wn I hear words like igwe, chineke, oga, na wa o frm a non-naija.
Re: Ghanaian Movies Banned In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jun 24, 2012
otumfour: ^^^^ BOKO HARAM IS BOMBING UR PRISONS TO FREE THEIR PEOPLE......U GUYS ARE FORKED grin grin grin

U MUST BE A FREAKSHOW! SO U ENJOY THE DEATHS CAUSED BY BOKO HARAM? HOW AM I NOT SURE BOKO HARAM IS SPONSORED BY OUR NEIGHBORING COUNTRIES OUT OF FEAR OF NIGERIA'S GREATNESS. DUDE PLS GO AND SEE A DR ASAP... ITS APPARENT YOUR HEAD LACKS A BRAIN... DOUCHE!
Re: Ghanaian Movies Banned In Nigeria by StaceyBanks(m): 4:53pm On Jun 24, 2012
andyzoga: U guys should go and make films that'll match Ghanaians standards instead of attaching cheap excuses. Afterall, the consumers reserve the right to buy whatever they like with their money.
if u are saying ghanain movies are better than nigerian movies, that means u don't have a TV

3 Likes

Re: Ghanaian Movies Banned In Nigeria by otumfour(m): 4:56pm On Jun 24, 2012
slimdamatrix:

RUNNING TO GHANA? ARE U AMAZINGLY RETARDED OR YOU'RE DRUNK THIS EARLY? GET THE POINT, GHANA STANDS MORE ( A WHOLE LOT) TO LOSE IF NIGERIA N GHANA DISAGREE.. ASK YOUR MISERABLE SELF WHAT NIGERIA IS GAINING FROM YOUR POOR WRETCHED COUNTRY U DISGUSTING LUNATIC... FIND TIME TO FIND OUT ALL GHANA GAINS FROM NIGERIA BEFORE YOU DECIDE TO COME AND ARGUE ON BEHALF OF YOU APE NATION. RETARD

LOOSE WHT IF I MAY ASK.........UR PEOPLE ARE RUNNING TO MY COUNTRY (GHANA) AND NOT THE OTHER WAY ROUND.......WHY? CUZ UR COUNTRY IS BURNING.......WE PRAY FOR U (NIGERIA), CUZ GHANA IS TOO SMALL AND PEACEFUL TO ACCOMODATE U MONSTERS.....

WHAT THA FURK ARE WE GAINING FROM U TRIBALISTIC ANIMALS? HATE? grin grin grin grin grin OR U THINK UR BUSINESS MEN ARE HERE DASHING MONEY? U FOO0LS THINK LIKE KIDZ TOO MUCH MAHN....

BTW, I'V GOT ELECTRICITY IN MY AREA, WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME U SAW 1? U GENERATOR USING MUTHHAFURKA grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I LOVE MY GHANA!

Re: Ghanaian Movies Banned In Nigeria by 9javoice1(m): 4:57pm On Jun 24, 2012
A whiteman'S prayer when his friends are ahead of him: " God please help me to proggress above my friends/neigbour "
If God didn't respond,the 2nd prayer point will be " God may i atleast find favor from my friends/neigbours "

A blackman's prayer when his friends are ahead of him " God let my friends business be destroyed or may they have big business problem "
(this is more of mind prayer)

If God didn't respond, the 2nd action should be " using charms and african technology against them"
if that didn't work or didn't work fast enough, the next action will be
" using any phisical wickedness against his so called friends/neighbours".

it's clear that Ghanian's hate nigeria just because envy,
therefore pulling nigeria down is just next thing for them to do.
Infact Nkuruma will never be happy wherever he maybe now.
The vision he shear with great ZIK of africa is been destroyed by pure envy.

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian Movies Banned In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jun 24, 2012
andyzoga: U guys should go and make films that'll match Ghanaians standards instead of attaching cheap excuses. Afterall, the consumers reserve the right to buy whatever they like with their money.

U MUST BE EXTREMELY BLESSED WITH STUPIDITY TO WRITE CRAP LIKE THIS... I BET U DONT EVEN OWN A TV AT HOME... APE!
Re: Ghanaian Movies Banned In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jun 24, 2012
otumfour:

LOOSE WHT IF I MAY ASK.........UR PEOPLE ARE RUNNING TO MY COUNTRY (GHANA) AND NOT THE OTHER WAY ROUND.......WHY? CUZ UR COUNTRY IS BURNING.......WE PRAY FOR U (NIGERIA), CUZ GHANA IS TOO SMALL AND PEACEFUL TO ACCOMODATE U MONSTERS.....

WHAT THA FURK ARE WE GAINING FROM U TRIBALISTIC ANIMALS? HATE? grin grin grin grin grin OR U THINK UR BUSINESS MEN ARE HERE DASHING MONEY? U FOO0LS THINK LIKE KIDZ TOO MUCH MAHN....

BTW, I'V GOT ELECTRICITY IN MY AREA, WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME U SAW 1? U GENERATOR USING MUTHHAFURKA grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I LOVE MY GHANA!

ITS OBVIOUS U DONT HAVE A LIFE... ALSO APPARENT U DONT WATCH THE NEWS.. URE TOO RETARDED FOR ME TO ARGUE WITH, GROW A BRAIN AND I MIGHT CONSIDER ARGUING WITH U... NONENTITY!
Re: Ghanaian Movies Banned In Nigeria by Slicqyprizzy(f): 5:13pm On Jun 24, 2012
slimdamatrix:

ITS OBVIOUS U DONT HAVE A LIFE... ALSO APPARENT U DONT WATCH THE NEWS.. URE TOO RETARDED FOR ME TO ARGUE WITH, GROW A BRAIN AND I MIGHT CONSIDER ARGUING WITH U... NONENTITY!
stop beatin around da bush and ans da ques. Wat daz Gh gain 4rm naija?
Re: Ghanaian Movies Banned In Nigeria by nnempi(m): 5:14pm On Jun 24, 2012
ghania movies are complete trash

2 Likes

Re: Ghanaian Movies Banned In Nigeria by yawkusi: 5:16pm On Jun 24, 2012
slimdamatrix:

Classic Nigerian. Sadly many Nigerians have no idea the true state of their country, something that should be common knowledge. This is a nation where a cool 70% of the population live in poverty (that is about 120 million people), this is a nation where 12% of newborns die before their 5th birthday. A nation which piratically have no national power grid, a nation where crime and murder is among the top 5 in the world, a nation of boko harams, a nation that gave the world 419, one of the only three nations still with polio epidemic (the other two are india & pakistan) , a nation where 70% of budget allocations is stolen, a nation whose name is synonymous with something dodgy....the list won't fit. I have no hate towards Nigeria, I worked with many Nigerians here in Ghana and I generally had no problem with them (Except that they generally didn't trust anyone, something very unusual in Ghana, but I know where they were coming from and also they are always holding their phone chargers around thinking the lights would go off! But they were in Ghana). Ghana have it's own problems and we admit it and we are trying to overcome them but I hear from Nigerians like the one above and I would be forgiving to think Nigeria is Switzerland.
Re: Ghanaian Movies Banned In Nigeria by yawkusi: 5:17pm On Jun 24, 2012
Classic Nigerian. Sadly many Nigerians have no idea the true state of their country, something that should be common knowledge. This is a nation where a cool 70% of the population live in poverty (that is about 120 million people), this is a nation where 12% of newborns die before their 5th birthday. A nation which piratically have no national power grid, a nation where crime and murder is among the top 5 in the world, a nation of boko harams, a nation that gave the world 419, one of the only three nations still with polio epidemic (the other two are india & pakistan) , a nation where 70% of budget allocations is stolen, a nation whose name is synonymous with something dodgy....the list won't fit. I have no hate towards Nigeria, I worked with many Nigerians here in Ghana and I generally had no problem with them (Except that they generally didn't trust anyone, something very unusual in Ghana, but I know where they were coming from and also they are always holding their phone chargers around thinking the lights would go off! But they were in Ghana). Ghana have it's own problems and we admit it and we are trying to overcome them but I hear from Nigerians like the one above and I would be forgiving to think Nigeria is Switzerland.
Re: Ghanaian Movies Banned In Nigeria by otumfour(m): 5:19pm On Jun 24, 2012
slimdamatrix:

U ARE 1 BIG FAT DUNCE, WHT THA FURK IS IN THE NEWS , IF NOT BOKO HARAM BOMBING PLACES......I DEY WARN U OOOO grin grin WAKE UP BEFORE ITS TOO LATE OOOO, ELSE UR GE-NAY-RAATORR (UR ONLY MEANS TO LIGHT grin grin) SEF GO BOMB ON U grin grin grin grin

BTW, THE ONLY BRAIN ONE NEEDS IN ORDER TO CONVERSE WIT U IS THT OF MR. IBU'S IN THE MOVIE MR. IBU grin grin grin grin.....THIS FO0L IS TRULY CLUELESS LIKE HIS LEADERS grin grin
Re: Ghanaian Movies Banned In Nigeria by StaceyBanks(m): 5:20pm On Jun 24, 2012
BEHIND A VERY SUCCESSFUL NIGERIA LIES SOME PACKS OF HATERS.
Haters like;
South Africa
Ghana

And haters that are coming soon like;
Kenya
Malawi and so on.

Let them hate all they want, we are still some steps ahead.

2 Likes

Re: Ghanaian Movies Banned In Nigeria by Slicqyprizzy(f): 5:27pm On Jun 24, 2012
Stacey Banks: BEHIND A VERY SUCCESSFUL NIGERIA LIES SOME PACKS OF HATERS.
Haters like;
South Africa
Ghana

And haters that are coming soon like;
Kenya
Malawi and so on.

Let them hate all they want, we are still some steps ahead.
in ur miserable nightmares iz naija 1 step ahead

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian Movies Banned In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jun 24, 2012
Facts you guys need to know;

******Ghana movies are thriving cos of the naija market!!!! That is why, until nigerian producers started reproducing Ghana movies and marketing it in naija, across africa and beyond no one knew anything 'Ghana movies'. Infact, some of the reproduced movies find their way back to Ghana thereby making most Ghana producers not to realise their profit(some of Ghanaian producers said this themselves). To prove what I'm saying, check any pack of Ghana movie, you will see 'nollywood nigeria' or 'proudly nigeria' etc... at the back.

****** Now to their crew, most of their movies have a crew of professional nigerians like Dapo Ola Daniels (a renowned editor) - and editing is one of the major feature people like about Ghanaian movies, Tunde Adekoya(editing as well), John A. Dada (script coordinator, production, script writing etc), kudirat balogun, Austin Erowele (music score, sometimes he does it alongside Bernie arnti), Pascal Amanfo (story, screenplay, he also directs sometimes) and so many others. So you can now see that without nigerians, I don't think Ghana movie industry would have awaken. but I have always wondered why these nigerian professionals are not also contracted for naija movies(except pascal amanfo and austine), its either;
1. The producers can't afford them.
2. Or because they are yorubas, ethnic issues are chipped in as usual(but I think I can agree with this)
3. And what kinda bond do Ghanaians have with yorubas cos I noticed that they liked them. I watched one Ghanaian movie 'why marry?' And a yoruba song was being played. I couldn't believe my hears( and the music was made by Bernie arnti) #just curious

******another thing is nollywood is greater than ghollywood(or whatever) in all ramifications. Those guys who said Ghana movies are better, it is because you don't watch the premiered nollywood movies. if not why do you think each Ghana actor or actress takes it as an achievement when they get to start acting in nigeria # Van Vicker(the oga), Majid Michel, John Dumelo, Yvonne Okoro, Jackie Appiah, Yvonne Nelson etc.........). Same cannot be said about nollywood actors and actresses. Infact, when they feature in Ghana movies, they pay them handsomely like they are some kinda expatriate or something; and you always see the class they put themselves when acting in ghana movies(like "I'm just helping you guys out" kinda attitude).

****** I personally think nollywood is trying to groom Ghana cinema (like Nigeria always do and get insult at the end of the day. Good samaritan naija mtcheew), search the internet for 'nollywood movies' OR 'nigerian movies' , you must always see Ghana movies hanging at the back. All nollywood reviewing sites now also review Ghana movies as well.

You can also search wikipedia for 'nollywood' or 'cinema of nigeria' come see long story, then search for 'cinema of Ghana' no story under it, it is just there for decoration grin

After all this notes what am I trying to say? ghollywood is nothing if at all nollywood should remove its back up from their industry

GAD BLESH YOU!!!!!

4 Likes

Re: Ghanaian Movies Banned In Nigeria by StaceyBanks(m): 5:36pm On Jun 24, 2012
I Don't think the decision was the wisest of decisions. Atleast if your junior brother takes a wrong step, you will caution him abi no be so? We can actually teach them (ghanaians) how to run an entertainment industry instead of dealing with em
Re: Ghanaian Movies Banned In Nigeria by StaceyBanks(m): 5:46pm On Jun 24, 2012
50% of ghanaian movies are sold in ghana. 37% in Nigeria and 13% goes to Togo,Benin,Bissau.

13% of Nigerian movies are sold in Barbados. 7% in the U.K. 2% in the U.S. 9% in S.A. 41% in Ghana. 2% in Malawi. 3% in Kenya. 18% in Nigeria. 2% in Germany. 1% in Cote'D'voire. 1% in Togo. 1% Zambia.
Oya oya compare the two industries.

Source: Coson-FVPMAN

4 Likes

Re: Ghanaian Movies Banned In Nigeria by paix(m): 6:01pm On Jun 24, 2012
Ghanaian films are too WILD for my liking!
Re: Ghanaian Movies Banned In Nigeria by PetroDolla: 6:07pm On Jun 24, 2012
Gabbysky:

Please what r u looking for here? this place is for Nigerians only, don't u guys have 'cediland'? ur govt is bgining to make Nigerians hate Ghanians, and that is not too gud for the ministry oooo
Nigerians have always hated Ghanaians, so what's new?
Re: Ghanaian Movies Banned In Nigeria by JANK23H(m): 6:10pm On Jun 24, 2012
djfiifi:

Well said brother,these guys are so quick to jugde without cross-checking,if they wont read,we will force them to do so.

Are you saying Ghanaian are more literate than Nigerians?I no blame you,after we don use our money wash una finish,why u no go get mouth talk.MONKEY!
Re: Ghanaian Movies Banned In Nigeria by PetroDolla: 6:12pm On Jun 24, 2012
okay, now that nigerians have 'banned' Ghanaian films let's see if this will mark the collapse of the Ghanaian industry as some deluded minds are harping? pure crap.
Re: Ghanaian Movies Banned In Nigeria by otumfour(m): 6:15pm On Jun 24, 2012
CONSTANT BLACKOUT AND GENERATOR FUMES CAN INTERTWINE THE HUMAN BRAIN NEGATIVELY AND THAT IS STRONGLY EVIDENT IN THE POSTS BY THE NIGERIANS ON THIS THREAD......WITH A MINDSET LIKE THIS.....WHY SHOULD ONE WONDER WHY UR LEADERS KEEP RAPING Y'ALL CONSTANTLY....

3 Likes

Re: Ghanaian Movies Banned In Nigeria by PetroDolla: 6:17pm On Jun 24, 2012
JANK23H:

Are you saying Ghanaian are more literate than Nigerians?I no blame you,after we don use our money wash una finish,why u no go get mouth talk.MONKEY!
pure rubbish talk.u used which money to wash khaki abi na leather?are u surprised that Ghanaians are more literate?
Re: Ghanaian Movies Banned In Nigeria by Babaken(m): 6:20pm On Jun 24, 2012
House boy zip your mouth fool do you think it is only your country no how to read law don't 4get that your brothers and sisters are in other countrys. Mr too know
Re: Ghanaian Movies Banned In Nigeria by owobokiri(m): 6:22pm On Jun 24, 2012
djfiifi:

Did Nigeria deport Ghanaians out of jealousy?
You guys are so rude and refuse to read,in Ghana its stated that certain business are for Ghanaians only,so if you go ahead to partake in those businesses what do you expect us to do to you?
We will not kill as it was done in South Africa(Xenophobic attack) but ask you politely to disengage in those businesses or be forced to do so and thats whats going to happen.
Stop telling lies and speak the truth,you were given grace period of three months.
In our country we obey laws and respect authority.

keep running that your noisy mouth. Very soon you will wake a sleeping lion. If we dont invade that your tiny country with your 5 thousand STRONG army, you wont learn to respect your seniors! You guys signed up to all the ECOWAS protocols on trade. You did that then because you were poor as they come and needed Nigerias big market. Remember the time we used to buy horde of cars for you so you can host African leaders during the OAU summits? You were that wretched. I guess the little improvements in your lives are getting into your heads. You Ghanains are very arrogant and if you are not put in your place, you wont learn your lessons.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Black Panther: 'Wakanda Forever’ Trailer (Video) / Pictures From Bbnaija Season 8 All Saturday Night Party ( Week 4 ) / Profile Of Phyna, Bbnaija Season 7 Housemate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.