Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,796 members, 7,817,297 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

I Want To Love Again - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Want To Love Again (8207 Views)

My Dilemma-can I Find Love Again? / st G** / . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Love Again by Godmother(f): 9:17pm On Jun 23, 2012
I dnt know what is wrong with me. I find it hard to fall inlove. The last time I loved a guy was 3 years ago. He hurt me badly n I haven't been able to love again.

I have a bf now whom I like and respect but I dnt love him as much as I have tried to. Its like my ability to fall inlove dried up with that guy 3 years ago.

Its making me lonely and scared. Need advice pls people. I'm thinking of letting this guy go cos I dnt think I'm being fair to him.

Mature responses needed pls

1 Like

Re: I Want To Love Again by Vinzz(m): 9:39pm On Jun 23, 2012
U need 2 open up ur mind coz ur mind is absolutely closed in that regard. Then give the young man a chance u'll surely not regret that u did. Best of luck wink
Re: I Want To Love Again by Tyche(m): 9:57pm On Jun 23, 2012
Seems lyk you are still into your last guy, but common babe, 3 years is such a loooong time.
You are like someone who stopped entering cars cos she saw an accident; these things happen you know.
However, it takes you, to decide to open up yourself to love again, no one will do it for you.
Stop punising other brothers for what one of them did. Wish you love.

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Love Again by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jun 23, 2012
one thing i have noticed is that people tend to sweep things under the carpet so easily, only for them to creep up later.
as far as i am concerned, you still have trust issues to deal with. you simply need to take time off the dating scene and properly evaluate
yourself.
ask yourself what exactly are you afraid off that is stopping you from falling in love
from experience heart breaks tends to make a person very defensive emotionally, which is quite normal.
so to be able to fall in love again you need to face reality and deal with your fear. otherwise every guy would seem the same to you, which is not entirely true.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Love Again by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jun 23, 2012
You cannot change the past, but you can as hell influence the future. In solving your predicament, you have to break up with your current boyfriend, cos believe me, you are never ever going to love him. Why is because he came into your life when you were looking for succour, looking for comfort. At a time when you were desperately trying to forget the former. You were so shrouded in denial or whatever it is, that you really did not have time to study this current guy to see if he is who you really want. And that is why, even after 3 years, you are still in square one! Not your fault, since it's natural for all emotionally heartbroken humans. You may like him and respect him, but love is what you need to finally heal the scars that were caused by your first love, and since this guy is not giving you the love you need, or should i say, the love he gives you is not enough to make you heal and whole again, pls leave him! For with him, you are taking one step forward, and two steps backward, and you and i know how catastrophic that would be to your ministry. . .wink

When you've done that, you have to completely forget the first guy from 3 years ago. Look yourself in the mirror and tell yourself you control your emotions and hence, you'll never allow your emotions control you. Cry if you have to, smash things if you have to, scream to the high heavens if you want, but make sure you let him OUT of your system. Severe all ties if any. Stop asking his whereabouts if you used to, just EX HIM FINALLY!!!

Now the most important part is yourself. Let go of your pride. Let go of that bullshit "miss independent" mentality that permeates the minds of most ladies to day. You have been independent, but now you realize that you actually need someone to depend on, for love! So what does that tell you? Let go of your pride, and not of your values. Meet new guys and see them for who they are. Never ever compare Another man to your ex. Even if you notice some similarities, never come to a conclusion, since it will obviously be biased. You may at this point, reconsider this present guy. Study him again and see if he meets your new requirements. If he doesn't, jog on.

Make sure you rediscover yourself and let go of your hurt before you re open your heart. Less i forget, never tell a new guy about how bad your ex hurt you or blah. That will only make him hide his personality, he'll work with the info you have fed him and will try to be the man your ex never was, so that you now see him as your knight in shiny armour. . . . Don't delay the movement of your ministry to the permanent site. wink

Let me give you an example. . . If you are too weak to cook and i cook for you, too weak to eat, and i feed you, will you also be too weak to swallow?
You have to make an effort and play your part well. Take yourself back to when your heart was free, rediscover yourself, fall in love, and then live your life!!! cheesy

24 Likes

Re: I Want To Love Again by Rocktation(f): 11:22pm On Jun 23, 2012
Many heartbroken lovers pine and dwell over lost relationships like they've lost their whole lives. It could feel that way, true. But it's all in your head.
You have to brace yourself and take the leap. Get psyched already, believing that you can't give up on love that easy . And see how well, the love gets nudged into place.
Re: I Want To Love Again by kay9(m): 3:20am On Jun 24, 2012
@OP, u said u wana love again (as opposed to being loved). Well, for a woman, thats easy as pie. Find someone u like and respect - oh, u already have one, good - and get him to give you a shot of his best. Get him to jump your bones, no strings attached, again and again and again. He may not love u for it, but i guarantee u will love him after that.
Re: I Want To Love Again by Nobody: 6:01am On Jun 24, 2012
SEXKILLZ and his novels! grin

5 Likes

Re: I Want To Love Again by Mynd44: 9:07am On Jun 24, 2012
MsDarkSkin: SEXKILLZ and his novels! grin
I wonder who he expects to read the epistle he wrote there
Re: I Want To Love Again by cindyrella(f): 12:38pm On Jun 24, 2012

grin My thought exactly!

Interesting though!
Re: I Want To Love Again by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jun 24, 2012
Mynd_44:
I wonder who he expects to read the epistle he wrote there
The OP go read am na.... Nor be she dey find advice grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Want To Love Again by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jun 24, 2012
Kingsleyinfo: one thing i have noticed is that people tend to sweep things under the carpet so easily, only for them to creep up later.
as far as i am concerned, you still have trust issues to deal with. you simply need to take time off the dating scene and properly evaluate
yourself.
ask yourself what exactly are you afraid off that is stopping you from falling in love
from experience heart breaks tends to make a person very defensive emotionally, which is quite normal.
so to be able to fall in love again you need to face reality and deal with your fear. otherwise every guy would seem the same to you, which is not entirely true.

IA.
Best wishes, OP.
Re: I Want To Love Again by shoyinka20(m): 4:17pm On Jun 24, 2012
hapy sun to yaa all
Re: I Want To Love Again by Bornstar: 4:36pm On Jun 24, 2012
@Godmother let say that same thing happened to me, i dated a girl i so much cherish for years, i just woke up one day and i was told by a different a persons that my love is getting married to someone else, this happened 2009 wen the girl get married and since after that incident i have not been able to LOVE anybody, i believe that all girls are the same. i am scared of girls now but i believe that i can love again that is if find the sincere and honest person, in fact i want to settle down with a woman that would be my wife and not our wives. I pray God to help us all.
Re: I Want To Love Again by Pozzy(m): 6:13pm On Jun 24, 2012
Godmother: I dnt know what is wrong with me. I find it hard to fall inlove. The last time I loved a guy was 3 years ago. He hurt me badly n I haven't been able to love again.

I have a bf now whom I like and respect but I dnt love him as much as I have tried to. Its like my ability to fall inlove dried up with that guy 3 years ago.

Its making me lonely and scared. Need advice pls people. I'm thinking of letting this guy go cos I dnt think I'm being fair to him.

Post like this makes me angry.. cuz i see no reason why u shouldn't leave the past and move on with ur life
Re: I Want To Love Again by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jun 24, 2012
Pozzy:
Post like this makes me angry.. cuz i see no reason why u shouldn't leave the past and move on with ur life

Easier said than done. The OP obviously has things she needs to deal with. How can a post like hers make you angry?

1 Like

Re: I Want To Love Again by Pozzy(m): 6:41pm On Jun 24, 2012
Yield:

Easier said than done. The OP obviously has things she needs to deal with. How can a post like hers make you angry?

cuz girls seems to be always confused and don't know what they want at times.. NO OFFENCE
Re: I Want To Love Again by Mynd44: 8:32pm On Jun 24, 2012
Bornstar and Godmother should hook up

1 Like

Re: I Want To Love Again by Nobody: 9:04am On Jun 25, 2012
Pls don't blame me. . .grin
Re: I Want To Love Again by 195(f): 9:15am On Jun 25, 2012
Godmother im afraid you can never love again undecided
Re: I Want To Love Again by Korrection(m): 9:40am On Jun 25, 2012
I BEG GO LOOK BUSH....LOVE KO LOVE NI...YOU TURNED DOWN PEOPLE THAT TEND TO GIVE YOU TRUE LOVE.....SEE NO COME HERE AGAIN COME POST RUBBISH
Re: I Want To Love Again by Andrew3(m): 9:41am On Jun 25, 2012
sexkillz: Pls don't blame me. . .grin
Too lazy to read, dont mind them jare I grabbed a few points
from the novel. wink

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Love Again by ODB1: 9:43am On Jun 25, 2012
190_@:
Godmother im afraid you can never love again undecided

Finally got that s e x change
Re: I Want To Love Again by ODB1: 9:45am On Jun 25, 2012
OP: You need to let go of your ex. Forgive and truly forget and you will be on your way to better things. You never ended that relationship thats why you find it hard to start afresh.
Don't let your life slip away for the sake of someone who probably has forgotten you.
Re: I Want To Love Again by freecocoa(f): 9:49am On Jun 25, 2012
Come sexkillz wetin dey do you sef?didn't you do summary in school?

Na exam we dey prep for this place?take time oangry.

@OP ojare, this sexkillz has made me forget what i wanted to say to you,let me go and think am again. Brb.
Re: I Want To Love Again by ODB1: 9:51am On Jun 25, 2012
sexkillz: You cannot change the past, but you can as hell influence the future. In solving your predicament, you have to break up with your current boyfriend, cos believe me, you are never ever going to love him. Why is because he came into your life when you were looking for succour, looking for comfort. At a time when you were desperately trying to forget the former. You were so shrouded in denial or whatever it is, that you really did not have time to study this current guy to see if he is who you really want. And that is why, even after 3 years, you are still in square one! Not your fault, since it's natural for all emotionally heartbroken humans. You may like him and respect him, but love is what you need to finally heal the scars that were caused by your first love, and since this guy is not giving you the love you need, or should i say, the love he gives you is not enough to make you heal and whole again, pls leave him! For with him, you are taking one step forward, and two steps backward, and you and i know how catastrophic that would be to your ministry. . .wink

When you've done that, you have to completely forget the first guy from 3 years ago. Look yourself in the mirror and tell yourself you control your emotions and hence, you'll never allow your emotions control you. Cry if you have to, smash things if you have to, scream to the high heavens if you want, but make sure you let him OUT of your system. Severe all ties if any. Stop asking his whereabouts if you used to, just EX HIM FINALLY!!!

Now the most important part is yourself. Let go of your pride. Let go of that bullshit "miss independent" mentality that permeates the minds of most ladies to day. You have been independent, but now you realize that you actually need someone to depend on, for love! So what does that tell you? Let go of your pride, and not of your values. Meet new guys and see them for who they are. Never ever compare Another man to your ex. Even if you notice some similarities, never come to a conclusion, since it will obviously be biased. You may at this point, reconsider this present guy. Study him again and see if he meets your new requirements. If he doesn't, jog on.

Make sure you rediscover yourself and let go of your hurt before you re open your heart. Less i forget, never tell a new guy about how bad your ex hurt you or blah. That will only make him hide his personality, he'll work with the info you have fed him and will try to be the man your ex never was, so that you now see him as your knight in shiny armour. . . . Don't delay the movement of your ministry to the permanent site. wink

Let me give you an example. . . If you are too weak to cook and i cook for you, too weak to eat, and i feed you, will you also be too weak to swallow?
You have to make an effort and play your part well. Take yourself back to when your heart was free, rediscover yourself, fall in love, and then live your life!!! cheesy

what the hell happened to the old sexkillz? acting like Dr. Phill and sh1t?
NL is getting weirder by the day.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Love Again by OILOFGLADNESS: 10:02am On Jun 25, 2012
Godmother: I dnt know what is wrong with me. I find it hard to fall inlove. The last time I loved a guy was 3 years ago. He hurt me badly n I haven't been able to love again.

MY DEAR , YOU MUST LOVE AGAIN

DONT LET THE MISTAKE OR THE MISFORTUNE OF THE PASS MARR YOUR JOY OF THE FUTURE
FIRST AND FOREMOST, I LOVE TO ADVISE ALL, THAT ANY RELATIONSHIP THAT YOU JUST EMBARKED ON FOR FUN AND PLEASURE IS A SIN BEFORE GOD
BECAUSE YOU MUST DEFINETLY FORNICATE AND AT THE END IT RESORT TO HEARTBRAKE "GABBAGE IN GABBAGE OUT"
BEFORE YOU EMBARK ON ANY R/SHIP PLS SEE IT WITHIN YOU THAT IT MAY LEAD TO MARRIAGE BY GRACE OF GOD, NEVER EMBARK ON ANY RSHIP COS OF WHAT YOU THINK YOU WILL GAIN,
LOVE IS RECIPROCAL, HAVE A PURE MIND BEFORE YOU TAKE ANY DECISION,
BOYFRIEND/ GIRLFRIEND SYNDROME HAD ACTUALY STOLE FROM MOST PEOPLE THE JOY AND THE REASON WHY GOD CREATED SEX.

IT IS SOLELY FOR HUSBAND AND WIFE THAT IS THE COMMAND OUR CREATOR GAVE TO US ,AND IF YOU DISOBEY SUCH COMMANMD YOU AREON YOUR OWN.

MANY PEOPLE MAY BREACH THAT AND STILL GO FREE OR BE LUCKY, IT JUST MEANS THAT THE GRACE OF GOD UPON INDIVIDUALS DIFFERS.
WHAT ONE PERSON DOES AND GO FREE YOU MAY DO IT AND NEVER SURVIVE.

INSHORT DEAR, LET YOUR PASS GO, HAVE POSITIVE MIND FOR R/SHIP AND MADE UP YOUR MIND TO DO IT THE RIGHT WAY,AND YOU WILL ONLY DO THAT WITH THE HELP OF ONE MAN, JESUS, AND YOU WILLNEVER BE HEARTBROKEN INSTEAD YOU WILL BE HEARTENRICHING
LOL.

ONCE AGAIN YOU WILL LOVE AGAIN AND BE LOVED.
Re: I Want To Love Again by Sijo01(f): 10:05am On Jun 25, 2012
O.D.B.:

what the hell happened to the old sexkillz? acting like Dr. Phill and sh1t?
NL is getting weirder by the day.

Do u hv to copy dat encyclopedia to mak ur point known

1 Like

Re: I Want To Love Again by caleb2k(m): 10:08am On Jun 25, 2012
Let go of d past, stop bottling things up, open up to ur guy & try 2 start alover again. Ur living in d past is killing ur present relationship. Their is this saying, unless u let go, unless u 4give urself, unless u 4get d situation, unless u realize dt dt situation is over, u can not more forward. 4get it enough 2 get over it & remember it enough so it doesn't happen again. Gudluck :PLet go of d past, stop bottling things up, open up to ur guy & try 2 start alover again. Ur living in d past is killing ur present relationship. Their is this saying, unless u let go, unless u 4give urself, unless u 4get d situation, unless u realize dt dt situation is over, u can not more forward. 4get it enough 2 get over it & remember it enough so it doesn't happen again. Gudluck
Re: I Want To Love Again by ODB1: 10:12am On Jun 25, 2012
OILOFGLADNESS:

MY DEAR , YOU MUST LOVE AGAIN

DONT LET THE MISTAKE OR THE MISFORTUNE OF THE PASS MARR YOUR JOY OF THE FUTURE
FIRST AND FOREMOST, I LOVE TO ADVISE ALL, THAT ANY RELATIONSHIP THAT YOU JUST EMBARKED ON FOR FUN AND PLEASURE IS A SIN BEFORE GOD
BECAUSE YOU MUST DEFINETLY FORNICATE AND AT THE END IT RESORT TO HEARTBRAKE "GABBAGE IN GABBAGE OUT"
BEFORE YOU EMBARK ON ANY R/SHIP PLS SEE IT WITHIN YOU THAT IT MAY LEAD TO MARRIAGE BY GRACE OF GOD, NEVER EMBARK ON ANY RSHIP COS OF WHAT YOU THINK YOU WILL GAIN,
LOVE IS RECIPROCAL, HAVE A PURE MIND BEFORE YOU TAKE ANY DECISION,
BOYFRIEND/ GIRLFRIEND SYNDROME HAD ACTUALY STOLE FROM MOST PEOPLE THE JOY AND THE REASON WHY GOD CREATED SEX.

IT IS SOLELY FOR HUSBAND AND WIFE THAT IS THE COMMAND OUR CREATOR GAVE TO US ,AND IF YOU DISOBEY SUCH COMMANMD YOU AREON YOUR OWN.

MANY PEOPLE MAY BREACH THAT AND STILL GO FREE OR BE LUCKY, IT JUST MEANS THAT THE GRACE OF GOD UPON INDIVIDUALS DIFFERS.
WHAT ONE PERSON DOES AND GO FREE YOU MAY DO IT AND NEVER SURVIVE.

INSHORT DEAR, LET YOUR PASS GO, HAVE POSITIVE MIND FOR R/SHIP AND MADE UP YOUR MIND TO DO IT THE RIGHT WAY,AND YOU WILL ONLY DO THAT WITH THE HELP OF ONE MAN, JESUS, AND YOU WILLNEVER BE HEARTBROKEN INSTEAD YOU WILL BE HEARTENRICHING
LOL.

ONCE AGAIN YOU WILL LOVE AGAIN AND BE LOVED.

Re: I Want To Love Again by lifestyle1(m): 10:15am On Jun 25, 2012
sexkillz: You cannot change the past, but you can as hell influence the future. In solving your predicament, you have to break up with your current boyfriend, cos believe me, you are never ever going to love him. Why is because he came into your life when you were looking for succour, looking for comfort. At a time when you were desperately trying to forget the former. You were so shrouded in denial or whatever it is, that you really did not have time to study this current guy to see if he is who you really want. And that is why, even after 3 years, you are still in square one! Not your fault, since it's natural for all emotionally heartbroken humans. You may like him and respect him, but love is what you need to finally heal the scars that were caused by your first love, and since this guy is not giving you the love you need, or should i say, the love he gives you is not enough to make you heal and whole again, pls leave him! For with him, you are taking one step forward, and two steps backward, and you and i know how catastrophic that would be to your ministry. . .wink

The only problem I have with this dude is his choice of font. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Does This Lady Really Have A Manhood? (photo) / When Guys Say Their Balls Are Heavy / Check Out This Pre Wedding Photos Taken In Korea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.