Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,222 members, 7,811,620 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:48 PM

Campaign For A Yoruba State Of Our Own By Ayo Opadokun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Campaign For A Yoruba State Of Our Own By Ayo Opadokun (819 Views)

Buhari, Fashola And The Return Of Idiagbon By Ayo Alaba Idowu / Kwara State Was Formally A Yoruba State: What Went Wrong? / Why Are Yoruba State Capitals Developed With Mud Houses In The 21st Century?pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Campaign For A Yoruba State Of Our Own By Ayo Opadokun by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jun 23, 2012
Since 1914, The IBOLO, IGBOMINA, OKUN (KABBA AND IJUMU) peoples have been forced by the Colonialist Great Britain to be part of the Northern Region against the popular agitation and demand for the merging of the Yoruba people of Kwara and Kogi along with their kith and kidren in the Western Region. Again, since 1991 General Babangida for the reason of his self-succession agenda, divided the Yoruba people of the former Kwara State into Kwara and Kogi State. The Babangida act has made the Yorubas of Kogi State will remain a minority permanently.
As it is today the Yoruba people of the two states cannot bid for anything in both the Northern and Southern part of Nigeria because they are a minority. As a matter of fact, I as a Yoruba man, who grew up in Kano City, cannot contest for any post meant for the North because I would be reminded that I am a Yoruba man. I cannot also successfully file my papers for any political or economic appointment meant for the South-West because I will be reminded that I am a northerner. Yoruba people of Kwara and Kogi states are in such a national permanent denial.
Again we are not unmindful of the intense resistance that our campaign will have to confront against the Hausa/Fulani oligarchy, who are most unlikely to be willing to release their hold on Yoruba peoples in the two states as their prized possessions.
There is therefore an urgent need for the Yoruba peoples of the two states to re-commence genuine and productive dialogue to relaunch the just campaign for our constitution into a Yoruba state of our own grouped together with other Yoruba States in any new re-definition of Nigeria national structure

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Commissions Bullet Proof Vest Factory In Kaduna / Battle Of The First Ladies: Turai And Patience Jonathan Fight Over Abuja Land / I Hate To Describe Boko Haram As Terrorists, Although They Act Just Like Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.