Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,669 members, 7,827,458 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:20 PM

Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? (14963 Views)

Lighthouse In Amazon (Complete Novel) / Missing Rib / The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by Caracta(f): 3:05pm On Jun 25, 2012
OmoKhary: it still exists,u can check epubbud.com
Larry-Sun:

You may go to 'wattpad.com', but I'm not sure if the site is still in existence, neither do I know if they have these books in their archives anymore.

thanks
Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by Ofuks(m): 3:14pm On Jun 25, 2012
Larry-Sun:

Is' Down the Village' an African novel?

No, Down the Village street is a Foreign novel with an American village setting.
Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by LarrySun(m): 3:19pm On Jun 25, 2012
Ofuks:

No, Down the Village street is a Foreign novel with an American village setting.

Good. I'll look for it.
Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by demelza: 3:57pm On Jun 25, 2012
Lucky You- Carl Hiaasen
Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by 4reigningqueen: 4:31pm On Jun 25, 2012
Rainmaker by John Grisham
Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by LarrySun(m): 4:34pm On Jun 25, 2012
4reigningqueen: Rainmaker by John Grisham

Is 'The Rainmaker' really hilarious?
Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by sanchez4eva: 4:44pm On Jun 25, 2012
I ve read many funny books sha...but your idea of fun may be different from mine...so I ll just mention τ̲̅ђε̲̣̣̣̥ ones I lyk
1-are you there God...Its me Chelsea by chelsea handler
2-books by this nigerian guy..S.M.O something lyk dat e.g student days of john ojo...My father's car...τ̲̅ђε̲̣̣̣̥ weeping undergraduate...
3-Some debbie Macomber books
4-The stories in your primary/secondary school english textbooks
Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jun 25, 2012
DailyNews: Hahahaha....okay, okay, my lists goes like this:
1. Chike & The River by Chinua Achebe
2. The Lion & The Jewel by Wole Soyinka
3. The Play of The Giants by Wole Soyinka

No.1, Chike & The River got me laughing from beginning to end, especially when Chike was learning how to ride a bicycle, & when he boarded a lorry from his village to town to spend holiday with his uncle, the name of The lorry still make me laugh any time I remember it- Slow & Steady! Lol. Achebe is a wonderful writer that always have something thrilling & humorous to entertain every of his reader, I give up to him.
The Lion & The Jewel was more than funny, especially how the village belle fell for the photographer who came from township, & how the Lion finally lured her into sleeping with him, Soyinka was awesome there...*smiling*

Then to play of The giants, I am even laughing again as I just remembered it, how Soyinka ridiculed our African leaders, with Idi Amin as the star...what a president, who thinks that when his country money finished, & world bank refused to grant him more loan, that the easiest way to raise more money was to order his CBN governor to get more paper & print more money. & even how he was messing the Russians, Americans, even in their own soil....Soyinka did an awesome work there...funny books, awesome thread, thanks @op!

On point. That Achebe is damn funny mehn. I now re-read his books just for fun (looking through 'No Longer At Ease' right now). His descriptions are very clear and hilarious. cool
Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by annast: 4:53pm On Jun 25, 2012
Before We Set Sail http://beforewesetsail.com/
Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by LordReed(m): 5:05pm On Jun 25, 2012
Road To Gandalfo is mad hilarious.

My fav rib crackers are Terry Pratchet's Discworld Series. They are guaranteed to make you laugh.
Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by toluxe0075: 5:10pm On Jun 25, 2012
The potter's wheel-chukwuemeka ike grin
Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by Jack65: 5:21pm On Jun 25, 2012
How about Playing for Pizza, by John Grisham. And Trial, by Clifford Irvin.
Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by LarrySun(m): 5:38pm On Jun 25, 2012
Lord_Reed: Road To Gandalfo is mad hilarious.

My fav rib crackers are Terry Pratchet's Discworld Series. They are guaranteed to make you laugh.

Who wrote the series?
Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by omoajiri(m): 5:39pm On Jun 25, 2012
Kolera kolege (cholera college) by Prof. Femi Osofisan.
You will laugh and forget your name.
Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by LarrySun(m): 5:43pm On Jun 25, 2012
Jack65: How about Playing for Pizza, by John Grisham. And Trial, by Clifford Irvin.

I thought Grisham writes courtroom thrillers, I didn't know he's always a dye-in-the-wool humourist.
Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by LarrySun(m): 5:44pm On Jun 25, 2012
omoajiri: Kolera kolege (cholera college) by Prof. Femi Osofisan.
You will laugh and forget your name.

Femi the Women of Owu writer? I doubt it.
Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jun 25, 2012
1. Catcher in the Rye
2. Shit my Dad says
Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jun 25, 2012
uhmm...
Pickwick Papers by Charles Dickens
The Legend of Sleepy Hollow( this was in my childhood lol, dont know if it'll read as funny now).
The Tailor of Panama, john le carre
and the funniest book ever(kinda poignant though).....Angela's Ashes by Frank McCourt.
Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by trisurface: 6:25pm On Jun 25, 2012
Its a Long List.
Bear with me.
1. Our Husband has gone mad again- Ene Henshaw?
2. Lonely Londoners-Steve Sevlon?
3. The Long and Dark teatime of the soul-Douglas Adams
4.To say nothing of the Dog- Connie Willis- Trust me, Its a classic.
5. Flawse on High-Tom Sharpe-This one can kill U with Laughter.
6. Most Douglas Adams, Tom Sharpe,Douglas Pratchett books.
Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by zibe(m): 7:00pm On Jun 25, 2012
Nairaland grin
Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by LarrySun(m): 7:04pm On Jun 25, 2012
zibe: Nairaland grin

Nairaland isn't a novel, for crying out loud!
Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by FILEBE(m): 7:50pm On Jun 25, 2012
Wat da....! Dont tel me no one has ever read FORREST GUMP by George winston? DAMN! Den u ar yet to knw wat Humour from a book is!
Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by zibe(m): 7:54pm On Jun 25, 2012
Larry-Sun:

Nairaland isn't a novel, for crying out loud!
Too bad you didn't get the joke...

@OP, most scenes of Grisham's novels always make me literally laugh out loud. His last book I read was "The Last Juror". Very cool book with lots of humour!
Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by LarrySun(m): 8:03pm On Jun 25, 2012
zibe:
Too bad you didn't get the joke...

@OP, most scenes of Grisham's novels always make me literally laugh out loud. His last book I read was "The Last Juror". Very cool book with lots of humour!

Dean Koontz books also contain some whiff of humour, too.
Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by Beowulf(m): 9:26pm On Jun 25, 2012
Larry-Sun:

Do you have these books?

Sorry bro, I no longer have them. It is been so long I read them and I think the books got lost passing them around my mates.
Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by LarrySun(m): 9:38pm On Jun 25, 2012
Beowulf:

Sorry bro, I no longer have them. It is been so long I read them and I think the books got lost passing them around my mates.
Alright, I'll look around for them.
Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by Chegunn(m): 9:56pm On Jun 25, 2012
the adventures of souza by kola onadipe
one week one trouble by anezi okoro

1 Like

Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jun 25, 2012
ekwah:

On point. That Achebe is damn funny mehn. I now re-read his books just for fun (looking through 'No Longer At Ease' right now). His descriptions are very clear and hilarious. cool

Yeah, No Longer At Ease also had some fun in it, especially when the guy & his friend were going after the Irish girls living inside a catholic monastry & when his girlfriend got pregnant & was discovered to be an osu, though pathetic but somehow funny...I love that guy Achebe, he is my best any time! Did you read Girls At War? Awesome too.
Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by LordReed(m): 10:41pm On Jun 25, 2012
Larry-Sun:

Who wrote the series?

Terry Pratchet
Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jun 25, 2012
The Throwback -- Tom Sharpe

Riotous Assembly -- Tom Sharpe

&

ALL OTHER WORKS of Tom Sharpe.

Your sense of irony better be sharp, if you'd pardon the pun.
Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jun 25, 2012
The Throwback -- Tom Sharpe

Riotous Assembly -- Tom Sharpe

&

ALL OTHER WORKS of Tom Sharpe.

Your sense of irony better be sharp, if you'd pardon the pun.
Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by maryswags: 11:07pm On Jun 25, 2012
DailyNews: Hahahaha....okay, okay, my lists goes like this:
1. Chike & The River by Chinua Achebe
2. The Lion & The Jewel by Wole Soyinka
3. The Play of The Giants by Wole Soyinka

No.1, Chike & The River got me laughing from beginning to end, especially when Chike was learning how to ride a bicycle, & when he boarded a lorry from his village to town to spend holiday with his uncle, the name of The lorry still make me laugh any time I remember it- Slow & Steady! Lol. Achebe is a wonderful writer that always have something thrilling & humorous to entertain every of his reader, I give up to him.
The Lion & The Jewel was more than funny, especially how the village belle fell for the photographer who came from township, & how the Lion finally lured her into sleeping with him, Soyinka was awesome there...*smiling*

Then to play of The giants, I am even laughing again as I just remembered it, how Soyinka ridiculed our African leaders, with Idi Amin as the star...what a president, who thinks that when his country money finished, & world bank refused to grant him more loan, that the easiest way to raise more money was to order his CBN governor to get more paper & print more money. & even how he was messing the Russians, Americans, even in their own soil....Soyinka did an awesome work there...funny books, awesome thread, thanks @op!

Please save us dis sermon! U were asked to name or list and not explain

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lilyjoe Wins Nairaland 200-Word Competition / Black Monday - A Crime Fiction / The One So Hot (18+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.