Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,365 members, 7,954,479 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:03 PM

Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? (15230 Views)

Lighthouse In Amazon (Complete Novel) / Missing Rib / The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by maryswags: 5:51pm On Aug 02, 2012
lilkech:

so it has reached the stage when you actually forget to laugh? you must be getting senile . . . are you really that old?

die first . . . then you would understand the joke

dont let me rush you there okay

Shatap der
Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by Abyjah: 10:09am On Aug 03, 2012
It seems no one here has read The Canterville Ghost by Oscar Wilde. Very humorous. I tell ya.

1 Like

Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by greatestbe: 7:45pm On Aug 09, 2012
A BOOK Marketing Firm needs Diligent,Hardworking and Productive Marketers Nationwide. COMMISSIONS are up to 100% on Sales.
Anybody interested should send a mail to GREATESTBENFOREVER@YAHOO.COM. or send a MSG to BEN EBEDE on Facebook.
STUDENTS or WORKERS who need Extra Cash may also apply.
Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by yakosteal: 6:13am On Aug 10, 2012
The duck street gang
rms and the man by Bernard Shaw
Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by Eniqurl(f): 1:08am On Oct 15, 2013
SimonAndal: Animal Farm, and Lord of the Flies. I'm a sociopath, sue me.
lord of d fliez z rili hilarious...
Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by Danla90(m): 6:38am On Oct 15, 2013
Toads for supper by Chukwuemeka Ike
Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by ezeigbo194(m): 4:45pm On Aug 03, 2014
I need link to funny stories on nl
Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by TruthHurts1(m): 1:32am On Nov 15, 2015
Ishilove:
Ticktock-by Dean Koontz. The book is a rib cracker from the very first page to the last. Even Mr Koontz admitted to deliberately making the story that funny because he was trying to de-stress himself after the goin thru the psychological intensity of writing "Dark Rivers of the Heart".
Another extra-ordinarily funny classic is "Great Ponds" by Elechi Amadi. I read the book during my service year some years back,and in the two/three days it took me to finish the story,i was able to forget the misery of my sorroundings {NYSC stuck me in a tiny little hamlet in the middle of nowhere} because i was too busy laughing. Mr Amadi is one of Africa's best writers
Scoundrels In Uniform was quite hillarious.

2 Likes

Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by Ishilove: 6:10am On Nov 15, 2015
TruthHurts1:

Scoundrels In Uniform was quite hillarious.
Where can I get it?
Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by sage1000: 6:06pm On Nov 15, 2015
The Lies of Locke Lamora - The opening chapter was extremely hilarious, seriously one the funniest scenes in fantasy and the rest of the book is interspersed with moments of hilarity.

The Last Girlfriend on Earth - The book is definitely odd but the humor in it is undeniable. It had me chuckling through out my entire read.

The Belgariad series - it intentionally mocks the fantasy genre as a whole while still being a great book. The conversations between the main characters are the best parts.

Redshirts - It is a parody of Star Trek and similar stories. It is a tribute to all the redshirts that always seem to die immediately in a mission. It is my favorite meta novel. Extremely funny.

Dresden Files - its main character has a problem of never being able to keep from insulting people even if the person is a millenia old god that could kill him with a glance. He once insulted an ancient Norse warrior so as not to offend her by excluding her from the people he insults. Series is one of the funniest urban fantasy out there.

1 Like

Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by LarrySun(m): 10:24am On Nov 16, 2015
sage1000:
The Lies of Locke Lamora - The opening chapter was extremely hilarious, seriously one the funniest scenes in fantasy and the rest of the book is interspersed with moments of hilarity.

The Last Girlfriend on Earth - The book is definitely odd but the humor in it is undeniable. It had me chuckling through out my entire read.

The Belgariad series - it intentionally mocks the fantasy genre as a whole while still being a great book. The conversations between the main characters are the best parts.

Redshirts - It is a parody of Star Trek and similar stories. It is a tribute to all the redshirts that always seem to die immediately in a mission. It is my favorite meta novel. Extremely funny.

Dresden Files - its main character has a problem of never being able to keep from insulting people even if the person is a millenia old god that could kill him with a glance. He once insulted an ancient Norse warrior so as not to offend her by excluding her from the people he insults. Series is one of the funniest urban fantasy out there.
Wow! Thanks a lot, buddy. I'll search for the books online.
Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by TruthHurts1(m): 5:32pm On Nov 19, 2015
Ishilove:

Where can I get it?
The problem is, most of these books are out of print. But I think there's a 1987 edition you can order online at the relatively affordable price of N500. I'll post you the link soon.
Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by LarrySun(m): 6:28pm On Nov 19, 2015
TruthHurts1:
The problem is, most of these books are out of print. But I think there's a 1987 edition you can order online at the relatively affordable price of N500. I'll post you the link soon.
Please do. I need to have a copy too.
Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by Chrisx1x(m): 9:49pm On Nov 19, 2015
"When a child is motherless" cant remember d name of d author but he also is d author of "the hidden truth"
Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by Thazard(m): 11:36pm On Mar 02
Ishilove:
Ticktock-by Dean Koontz. The book is a rib cracker from the very first page to the last. Even Mr Koontz admitted to deliberately making the story that funny because he was trying to de-stress himself after the goin thru the psychological intensity of writing "Dark Rivers of the Heart".
Another extra-ordinarily funny classic is "Great Ponds" by Elechi Amadi. I read the book during my service year some years back,and in the two/three days it took me to finish the story,i was able to forget the misery of my sorroundings {NYSC stuck me in a tiny little hamlet in the middle of nowhere} because i was too busy laughing. Mr Amadi is one of Africa's best writers
Isn't it funny that no one mentioned 'Cheer Up Brother By S.M.O AKA'? I haven't seen a book that comes close to that hilarious book. Cc larrysun
Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by mhizv(f): 2:03pm On Mar 03
For me,it's one of our own. 225 katakata street

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Death To Baddos. Death To The Bees By Akíntayo Akínjídé / Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? / Do Animals Think??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.