Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:06 AM

Her Family Say I Can't Marry Their Daughter Cos We're Both As Genotype - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Her Family Say I Can't Marry Their Daughter Cos We're Both As Genotype (2263 Views)

Photos Of The Girl With Half-body At Home With Her Family In Kano / What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? / Can A Man With Ac Genotype Marry A Woman With As Genotype (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Her Family Say I Can't Marry Their Daughter Cos We're Both As Genotype by diehard(m): 6:17pm On Nov 28, 2007
There is this girl i'm really in love with and have proposed marriage to, but her family is putting their foot down because we both have AS genotype. She is really confused because she still need her family, while i need to make a decision on wether to call off the relatioship or get married to her without her family consent which she seems reluctant to do

What do i do!?
Re: Her Family Say I Can't Marry Their Daughter Cos We're Both As Genotype by OyinboNo1(m): 8:46pm On Nov 28, 2007
You could agree to only have children by IVF, and have the emryos screened (leaving aside the financial and moral considerations). Otherwise it's 25% chance of each baby being SS type.
Re: Her Family Say I Can't Marry Their Daughter Cos We're Both As Genotype by almondjoy(f): 9:01pm On Nov 29, 2007
diehard:

There is this girl i'm really in love with and have proposed marriage to, but her family is putting their foot down because we both have AS genotype. She is really confused because she still need her family, while i need to make a decision on wether to call off the relatioship or get married to her without her family consent which she seems reluctant to do

What do i do!?

Now this is really sad.
AA=25%
AS=50%
SS=25%

Well, the ball is ultimately in your court.  It can go either way. Odds are 25% favourable, 50% fair and 25% poor.

If I were you I would go ahead and marry my sweetheart.  Hopefully medicine is advancing and the odds may be in your favour God being on your side. 

I have a family friend who was in the the same situation, with 4 kids and all are either AA or AS.  Not one of them is SS! Both sets of parents never attended their wedding because of that but the couple in love decided to go ahead--against all odds.  One of the saddest weddings I ever attended.  The father of the bride refused to give her away. God smiled on them and all is well with the parents now. smiley

Again, I have a cousin with 5 kids.  One is AA and the other 4 are SS.  Let us say--they are managing! Don't want to discourage you too much. smiley

Goodluck! kiss
Re: Her Family Say I Can't Marry Their Daughter Cos We're Both As Genotype by ifyalways(f): 11:37pm On Nov 29, 2007
hmmmmmn omo the ball is in your court.your future fate is just in your hands.i wish you goodluck on any decision you make.
Re: Her Family Say I Can't Marry Their Daughter Cos We're Both As Genotype by milkyway: 4:25pm On Nov 30, 2007
my dear,its difficult but mmy advice to u is to let go

its sad,but the risk aint worth it at the long run.dats y before

getting seriously into a relationasip,all these are of importance to

find out.

good luck
Re: Her Family Say I Can't Marry Their Daughter Cos We're Both As Genotype by diyobdw(f): 10:33am On Dec 11, 2007
Are you ready to bring up an SS child ? try visiting a doctor and learning about SS patients before you leap into it.
The chances are 75% good but that 25% left is large, and often not preventable aside from terminating the foetus prematurely --no fact , just what i heard.
Re: Her Family Say I Can't Marry Their Daughter Cos We're Both As Genotype by teddy5(f): 7:18pm On Dec 13, 2007
I suggest u think about it carefully. True there r ways arond it i.e. checking the blood type of the child at a certain stage but the moral considertaions, i am not sure its something you may want to get into. I was in a relatnship for 4yrs only to find out we were both AS embarassed. We agreed it was best to go our separate ways. In the long run, we r better off. I am sure u will find someone else. Its ur call. Take heart
Re: Her Family Say I Can't Marry Their Daughter Cos We're Both As Genotype by ndubest(m): 1:25pm On Dec 14, 2007
, Find a child or adolescent who is SS and ask their experience
, ask also from the parent of such kids their experinence
consider all the possible worst sceneriors
if you have the financial muscle to bear the consequences, then its your call

PLs dont be selfish in your thoughts, the momentary joy of today and the long term suffering of tommorow if you have an SS should also be considered

finally seek medical advice

if ask me

pls dont bring suffering to the world in the name of love

some ppl that are SS are still blaming their parents for that decision (but then we didnt have this information unlike now we do)

Above, pray and ask for God's Guidance, with Him everything is possible and nothing is impossible

Goodluck man

(1) (Reply)

How To Be A Virtuous Woman / Sex Secrets Of Nigerian Wife In The US Uploaded To Youtube / What Would You Advice Her?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.