Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,037 members, 7,838,590 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:58 AM

Lawyers Lament High Divorce Rate In Nigeria - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Lawyers Lament High Divorce Rate In Nigeria (12718 Views)

Top 10 Countries With Highest Divorce Rate In 2014 / What's The Cause Of High Divorce Rate Among Nigerian Nurses In USA? / High Increase In Divorce Rate In Our Society: Women The Cause, Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lawyers Lament High Divorce Rate In Nigeria by Loveaflame(m): 10:11pm On Jun 25, 2012
its painful indeed.The fear of God has been thrown away in the dustbin.Humility is a past tense.People marry not base on virtues but vices.God save the Nigerian sensual youth.
Re: Lawyers Lament High Divorce Rate In Nigeria by OtiOti1: 3:06am On Jun 26, 2012
In society were boss take over another man's wife in name making her a staff,The nexttin the husband get is Divorce letter.This is happening so many company in nigeria.............Total shame,2morr dsame peolpe will give there daughter out in marriage.In this life what goes around comes around.
Re: Lawyers Lament High Divorce Rate In Nigeria by 2dmax(m): 5:07am On Jun 26, 2012
Korrection:

I met a girl sometime ago and ask her if she is on facebook...she said no..wow!!..i asked for her phone number..she brought out an old nokia phone..gave her number out to me...then i left...called her two days later she said she is at work...i asked where do you work..she said im a computer scientist and a lecturer..wow..i asked her age...she quoted 3 years back my age...are you married ..she said no...i picked up interest...we are good friends now and im planning to get her to be mine..im still scared cos thats what im looking for....educated but without the modern day swag...we are just old school...lol...
waow! Which state of dis country did u meet dis girl and wats her age bracket?
Re: Lawyers Lament High Divorce Rate In Nigeria by nigboy(m): 5:51am On Jun 26, 2012
How do we solve this problem
http://electric-adjustable-beds..com/
Re: Lawyers Lament High Divorce Rate In Nigeria by bukatyne(f): 8:38am On Jun 26, 2012
dwas: Its is not a strange thing. We can't keep going against God's word and expect things to be normal.
Women are to subject to their own husband. Infact the bible says their desire shall be to their husband. Gen 3 v 16. Don't forget that satan has always been going against God and woman has made themselves available for satan use. Today you hear of woman revolution, woman libration and so on. Questions, were they ever been in bondage? You can't be in a boat heading toward light house then you tell the light house to move for you to go through. You know the result will be a crashed boat. You can break principle, rather you are the one that will suffer it. Paul apostle says women should keep silent in the church. Queen vashti was replace because she disobey her husband. Infact the chief urged the king to sanction her immediately so that their own wife at home will not take after the queen step. Check out the women that are enjoying their marriage, you will realise that they those who stay in the position where God placed them.

Anyway, its endtime. Repent and turn to God. Respect him. Also you man, love her. The love that does not expect anything in return. That is the only kind of love that can win even the hardest woman. God bless you all
dwas, i agree wit d last paragraph but d 1st n 2nd, mbanu. Gen 3:16 is talkin about d result of d fall n it's negative. women have been in bondage n marriages now re better than b4. finally, a peaceful marriage doesn't necessarily translates to a happy one.
Re: Lawyers Lament High Divorce Rate In Nigeria by bukatyne(f): 8:52am On Jun 26, 2012
dasparrow:

I agree with most of what you said but you were partial in your post. You were quick to point out bible passages that favour men but spoke very little of biblical passages that commands the man to love his wife like Christ loved the church (Ephesians 5:25-30). Marraiges are no doubt falling apart at an alarming rate but the blame cannot go to the women alone. Most women who are loved, treated well and respected will do anything for their husbands. Sadly, a society like Nigeria makes it very hard for women. Permit me to explain in the following paragraphs.

First, you have Nigerian men who .s.exu/ally molest and .ra/pe little girls at a very young age. Girls as young as 2 years old. That single act alone leaves a lasting psycological scar on the victim even into adulthood. Nigerian society does not give harsh penalties to perverts or .s/e.x offenders if any at all. Child molestation is prevalent in Nigeria and we have alot of .ra/pe cases in our societies. You may ask, what has this to do with divorce? alot I say! A female child or adult who was molested or .se/xually abused will have a skewed or poor perception of the opposite gender. She may not be able to enjoy intimacy which is an integral part of marraige and this might lead to the marraige breaking down.

Next we have the high infidelity rate amongst Nigerian men because Nigerian culture does not frown at married men who cheat on their wives. This in turn encourages men to stay [b]un[/b]faithful to their wives. A man who loves his wife like Christ loves the church will not jeopardize his health AND the health of his wife by sleeping around. He will not do anything to hurt his wife's feelings because a man who genuinely loves his wife will never go out of his way to hurt her no matter the circumstance.

A woman married to a cheat or abuser will find it increasingly difficult to submit to her husband because her husband defies everything marraige stands for.
wonderful! don't mind Nigerians n selective reading!

1 Like

Re: Lawyers Lament High Divorce Rate In Nigeria by bukatyne(f): 8:55am On Jun 26, 2012
Naijaklef: @dasparrow,
If a man with a loving wife decide to cheat on her, are u saying d best thing 
To do is fight d husband or disgrace d husband or move out or divorce?
I agree d man is wrong by cheating but can two wrong make a right?
Can a man harrassed by his wife love her more?

In my opinion, d media has played more damaging role than good.
Media created a whole of false impression about marriage. It created
A marriage without stress or pain. It created d impression dat divorce is no
Big deal!  E.g d kardashains story. 
A lot of couples go into marriage with d blissful intention and Wen issues start coming up...they crumble and fall becos d marriage was built false ideas
Created by media.

We all, have abandon our cultural values and decided to follow WHITE MAN
Ideas of marriage becos we want to b civilized. 
Dat fine! Civilization and liberation come with a price.... D price most couple pay for liberation is divorce!!!

Let think of it... We assume dat oyibo man knows better ...hence we emulate everything dey offer. D question is ....wats r d divorce rates in US and UK These people have lost all d family values.
Divorce rate in Nigeria will continue to go up if we don't change our mentality
About copying western culture dat has failed.

we all talk about divorce and marriage. However, nobody talks about how we have influenced marriages negatively by our advices and comments....

TALK IS CHEAP..... LET US ALL INFLUENCE ONE MARRIAGE
POSITIVELY BY OUR ATITUDE, COMMENTS!
n dear, if a wife cheats on d husband, wat should d husband do? that ll answer ur question!
Re: Lawyers Lament High Divorce Rate In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jun 26, 2012
And a divorcee is expect 2 get married again according 2 d law of God 2 Moses n 2 d people.
Thou shall not get married wen u divorce/divorced.
Re: Lawyers Lament High Divorce Rate In Nigeria by geonafers: 9:04am On Nov 08, 2012
Divorce is the last thing a couple thinks about when getting married. But unfortunately, it’s an emotional and very real outcome for many; it is also a legal one governed by strict procedural requirements. As a result, it’s important to recruit the services of a divorce attorney to make certain no details are overlooked.
Re: Lawyers Lament High Divorce Rate In Nigeria by Migurl: 10:20pm On Apr 20, 2013
Korrection:

I met a girl sometime ago and ask her if she is on facebook...she said no..wow!!..i asked for her phone number..she brought out an old nokia phone..gave her number out to me...then i left...called her two days later she said she is at work...i asked where do you work..she said im a computer scientist and a lecturer..wow..i asked her age...she quoted 3 years back my age...are you married ..she said no...i picked up interest...we are good friends now and im planning to get her to be mine..im still scared cos thats what im looking for....educated but without the modern day swag...we are just old school...lol...
Please dear don't let old school fool you o..what matters is personality and a good heart. Old school can be a devil inside looking for who to devour. Check well o.
Re: Lawyers Lament High Divorce Rate In Nigeria by mutter(f): 2:09pm On Apr 22, 2013
Statistics should also be done about how happy the marriages that exist are and how traumatised the partners that are holding out in there are.
It is terrible and traumatising for a woman to put in so much love and care and then be confronted with an abusive and aggressive husband.
However most of the problems that exist in the marriage are due to lack of respect on both sides.
A man should always respect his wife as she has been entrusted into his care by God and man. She is a sensitive and fragile being despite all the strength she radiates.
Women also often have it all wrong. You can be strong an achiever and yet be kind, gentle and submissive to your husband. You may have varying opinions but you do not have to jump out of your role to bulldoze your opinions across.
Re: Lawyers Lament High Divorce Rate In Nigeria by Acme45: 8:55pm On Mar 12, 2020
achi4u:
women should cut their coat according to their size.

naija films have destroy alot of family.
correct
Re: Lawyers Lament High Divorce Rate In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:02pm On Mar 12, 2020
Lament abi celebrate.
Are they not the ones gaining from litigation fees? They charge an average of N300k for a divorce case involving maybe 2 half-hour court appearances. Is that cause for lamentation to them?
Re: Lawyers Lament High Divorce Rate In Nigeria by emmaodet: 10:41pm On Mar 12, 2020
akpanbaba:
The problem about this marriage is that while some women are struggling to come out of marriages others are sowing seedfaith,attending night vigils or using love charm just to get husbands.My take is, things have not been the same after beijing conference.

What happened at the Beijing conference?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Truly , I'm Giving Up On Life / What Tactics Do Parents Employ To Stop Their Kids From Bedwetting? / How Has Fatherhood Changed You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.