Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,034 members, 7,818,055 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:09 AM

Say Something - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Say Something (785 Views)

To The Married Couples-please Help Say Something Meaningful / Today Is Children's Day: Say Something To The Kids / ~Sweet Mother: Say Something Nice To your Mum~ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Say Something by Tiana155(f): 10:35pm On Jun 25, 2012
I have a very close friend, this evening we got talking then i asked about her boyfriend she got excited and told me lanre said he wants to marry her by nov/dec. The problem there is, lanre is not financially stable, i.e his savings are not much either is Amaka's. Lanre and Amaka have been together for a long time (8yrs). Nlanders please advice how they can manage a wedding; traditional and church wedding. With as little as 100k. Thank you.
Re: Say Something by uboma(m): 11:26pm On Jun 25, 2012
@ op, why have u choosen to drink panadol for another man's headache? If u can't encourage ur friend, then dnt discourage her. Who told u it must be a societal wedding? With 100k, they can carry out their wedding successfully.
Gbam!

1 Like

Re: Say Something by nikkyshyne(f): 12:02am On Jun 26, 2012
How can a church wedding and traditional be at a budget of 100k? undecided
Taking into consideration; outfits and accessories as well as food and drinks. Na dog them wan serve nii undecided
Re: Say Something by uboma(m): 7:05am On Jun 26, 2012
nikkyshyne: How can a church wedding and traditional be at a budget of 100k? undecided
Taking into consideration; outfits and accessories as well as food and drinks. Na dog them wan serve nii undecided
must the wud be couples invite the whole world to get married? I'v witnessed a couple who invited only 10 guests to their wedding reception and everyone was hapi. Pls note that marriage isnt just a day thing but continues throughout the lifespan of the couples. So for those who are not so bouyant, y spend all ur savings in just 1day for the sake of wedding receptn when the couple's lives must continue after their wedding day. Pls encourage them to cut their coat according to their size...
Re: Say Something by Nobody: 7:29am On Jun 26, 2012
100k for trad and church wedding? You have got to be kidding me

nikkyshyne: How can a church wedding and traditional be at a budget of 100k? undecided

No, they will be serving themselves on that day grin
Re: Say Something by Popsicle: 12:10pm On Jun 26, 2012
@op- your friend can get married on that budget if & only if she wants to. To save costs everything can be done in one venue. Tell me where in the bible that says a bride must wear a white wedding gown with all its numerous accompanying accessories that most brides wish to quickly change into something more reasonable & comfortable. The cost of a gown alone can take care of school fees for their unborn babies. It is people who expect to see & eat heaven & earth on a couples wedding day that put such couple into a huge financial mess. People have got to pause, think & ask themselves this very important question "IS IT REALLY NECESSARY TO INVITE THE WHOLE WORLD FOR AN EVENT THAT WILL LAST JUST A FEW HOURS, THEN SUFFER HUGE FINANCIAL DEBT THAT CAN EVEN OUT LAST THE MARRIAGE"? There is a point one gets to in life & say TO HELL WITH WHAT PEOPLE THINK / EXPECT OF ME. 95% of guests (females in particular) @ a wedding are there for these things only-
1. Show off what they are wearing.
2. Criticize what the bride is wearing ( her gown is too tight, her gown is old fashioned, her bo.obs are showing, she hired a gown cos i saw another bride wear it on her own day).
3. The reception venue was not well decorated.
4. The cake was not eye catching.
5. The food was not sweet & the meat i was given was small.
6. The souvenir they shared was common plastic.
We tend to forget that we are there to make merry with the couple & not just eat & drink. We have got to learn not to expect too much but to give much more to a couple getting married than complaining about the size of rice & chicken on your plate. If the couple have cabin biscuit, groundnut & zobo to share to guests on that day "BE HAPPY THAT YOU WERE EVEN INVITED".
If you can afford it go for it -the ball is in your court.

2 Likes

Re: Say Something by nikkyshyne(f): 12:25pm On Jun 26, 2012
Why would I wanna do a wedding smelling of "manageability" undecided
Even if 10 people are at the wedding the aura should be pleasant abeg. It is like a seed for sowing into the wedding future. Let it start good and God will do the rest. They obviously wld meet friends and family willing to give.
Re: Say Something by stepo707: 3:08pm On Jun 26, 2012
Let them have faith.There is nothing the lord cannot do.they still have 5-6 months to prepare and get more money and am sure friends and family will support them and so let them carry on and get married.I also hope at least one of them have a Job that brings monthly income.Goodluck to them

(1) (Reply)

Parents Which Do You Think Is Safe For Mother And Child....... / Federal Government To Pay Pregnat Women. What Is Your View? / Can You Agree To Be A Second Wife ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.