Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,024 members, 7,838,569 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:11 AM

Eternal Torment and a Merciful GOD - Goshen and Co, feedback needed - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Eternal Torment and a Merciful GOD - Goshen and Co, feedback needed (3087 Views)

My Story On Child Abuse And The Doctrine Of Eternal Torment / Thirty Questions For Teachers Of Eternal Torment / If Eternal Torment Is True, Then Where Is This Plain Teaching In The Tenach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eternal Torment and a Merciful GOD - Goshen and Co, feedback needed by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jul 05, 2012
frosbel:

Thank You.

But you quoted the scripture in isolation and in the wrong context.

Normally we should compare scripture with scripture.

Virtually every scripture that talks about hell talks about it being a place of TORMENT that will last FOREVER. I wonder how you consider that quoting in isolation and the wrong context.
Re: Eternal Torment and a Merciful GOD - Goshen and Co, feedback needed by realBerni: 10:24pm On Jul 05, 2012
@Davidylan,

And yet , [size=14pt]there is no day in outer darkness[/size] , making it even more implausible that the Lamb will actually be staring at the torment of the wicked through endless ages.

do you know anything called cherrypicking? maybe be you are just too concerned with that area of a context that you feel confortable with but its just unfair of you,no qualms. but can you explain above querry?
Re: Eternal Torment and a Merciful GOD - Goshen and Co, feedback needed by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jul 05, 2012
real_Berni: @Davidylan,

do you know anything called cherrypicking? maybe be you are just too concerned with that area of a context that you feel confortable with but its just unfair of you,no qualms. but can you explain above querry?

Your quote was meant for frosbel not me.
Re: Eternal Torment and a Merciful GOD - Goshen and Co, feedback needed by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jul 05, 2012
davidylan:

Your quote was meant for frosbel not me.

I think he meant you, actually grin

The number of verses I have quoted from the old to new testament , to show the consistent message on this issue across the entire bible , has almost turned me into a Doctor of Religion !
Re: Eternal Torment and a Merciful GOD - Goshen and Co, feedback needed by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jul 05, 2012
frosbel:

I think he meant you, actually grin

The number of verses I have quoted from the old to new testament , to show the consist message on this issue across the entire bible , has almost turned me into a Doctor of Religion !

oh ok lol. Just read it in better context now, will respond to it after dinner.
Re: Eternal Torment and a Merciful GOD - Goshen and Co, feedback needed by Freksy(m): 11:50pm On Jul 05, 2012
[b][/b]

Hell means grave. Those in it are not tormented, that is why they will resurrect to face judgement.

if they are being tormented presently, then their resurrection and subsequent judgement would be baseless and senseless.

A little twisting of the scripture can bedarken a clear image of our holy God. This can serve as food and tool to critics of God and His words.

whenever hell is used in connection with fire, with people being tormented or suffering in it eternally,it simply means eternal or everlasting destruction or everlasting death with no hope of resurrection. It is the second death, because it's a destruction by God.

Read Jude 7 and see how the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrha is described.
literally, the fire is no more burning in these two cities, but Jude said they are suffering the veangance of eternal fire. He even said they set forth for an example.

1 Like

Re: Eternal Torment and a Merciful GOD - Goshen and Co, feedback needed by Nobody: 12:00am On Jul 06, 2012
Freksy: [b][/b]

Hell means grave. Those in it are not tormented, that is why they will resurrect to face judgement.

if they are being tormented presently, then their resurrection and subsequent judgement would be baseless and senseless.

A little twisting of the scripture can bedarken a clear image of our holy God. This can serve as food and tool to critics of God and His words.

whenever hell is used in connection with fire, with people being tormented or suffering in it eternally,it simply means eternal or everlasting destruction or everlasting death with no hope of resurrection. It is the second death, because it's a destruction by God.

Read Jude 7 and see how the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrha is described.
literally, the fire is no more burning in these two cities, but Jude said they are suffering the veangance of eternal fire. He even said they set forth for an example.

God bless brother and good night.

We need to win the lost for Christ with the GOSPEL and not tradition.
Re: Eternal Torment and a Merciful GOD - Goshen and Co, feedback needed by Ubenedictus(m): 2:08pm On Jul 08, 2012
frosbel:

God bless brother and good night.

We need to win the lost for Christ with the GOSPEL and not tradition.
friend before you start throwing the tradition cards on me, please note that you are the guy teaching a doctine foriegn to 1900yrs of christainity, i think you are the guy teaching tradition of men. My bible is clear about eternat punishment, just deal with it!
Re: Eternal Torment and a Merciful GOD - Goshen and Co, feedback needed by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jul 08, 2012
Ubenedictus: friend before you start throwing the tradition cards on me, please note that you are the guy teaching a doctine foriegn to 1900yrs of christainity, i think you are the guy teaching tradition of men. My bible is clear about eternat punishment, just deal with it!

Your doctrine is foreign not mine, I follow the bible like the early church led by the apostles, you follow a twisted religion initiated by Emperor Constantine,
Re: Eternal Torment and a Merciful GOD - Goshen and Co, feedback needed by Ubenedictus(m): 3:37pm On Jul 20, 2012
frosbel:

Your doctrine is foreign not mine, I follow the bible like the early church led by the apostles, you follow a twisted religion initiated by Emperor Constantine,
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaa, you protestants have started carry rumors again uh? Constantine didnt start a religion he was a cathecumen for most of his life and he later recieved baptism on his death bed, hahahaha. I cant believe you were ignorant of that fact. Constatine tried to be a xtain emperor he covened council but never spoke in them. Go and do you research before constatine was born christains already believe in hell as the bible shows and the writtings of d early christains confirms. Your theory started around d 19th and 18th century. Your theory cant be found in d writting of d early christains and you are trying to twist scriptures to support it. It is a pity.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chris Okotie-t.b.joshua Is The Son Of Devil & His Followers Will Go To Hell / Do You Believe in Ghosts? Have You Seen One? / Can A Pastor Really Heal Any Terminal Disease? Or Just A Deceit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.