Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,435 members, 7,830,194 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

Questionable Men Of God: A Different Insight - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Questionable Men Of God: A Different Insight (533 Views)

Pastor Chris Warns Comedians: Don't Joke With Men Of God! / Unfulfilled Prophecies By Men Of God / Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Questionable Men Of God: A Different Insight by rhowly(m): 6:54pm On Jun 26, 2012
its easy to list pastors and christians who have compromised or just seem to have some unresolved issue in their lives. but everytime i feel down or sadden by their actions and the light they put christianity in, i remember the words of Billy Graham when constantly asked to comment on compromising church leaders. "every day several planes leave the airports and arrive safely at their destinations...several. but when one crashes, the whole world hears [paraphrased]." we talk about chris okotie, oyakhilome and all the others who have some issues and use em as standards. some dont even church cos of these few and it begs the question 'what about the many living right and glorifying God?' for every prodigal son, there's one representing @ home. however this is not to excuse their actions...just to say we still got winning christian leaders today and those who 'have died. some i cherish zac poonen, leonard ravenhill, paul washer, david wilkerson a.w. tozer etc dont give up on christianity
Re: Questionable Men Of God: A Different Insight by enroute(m): 7:21pm On Jun 26, 2012
i think all the roaring is because people actually do hold men of God in high esteem. also, people feel a great sense of betrayal because they trust these clergy to lead them aright. the truth is, although a greatly anointed man of God is a great thing, men of God are meant to be guides and maps. because people are too lazy to pray for themselves, they fall on the pastor.
Re: Questionable Men Of God: A Different Insight by tpia5: 7:25pm On Jun 26, 2012
ok, why do people keep going on and on about all these things when Jesus himself expressly told his disciples about false teachers who if possible would deceive even the very elect, not to mention the bible itself is full of warnings about the same?

(1) (Reply)

Judgement Day Confusion / Things That Make Be Believe In God / HELP!!!! Is The Forbidden Fruit That Adam And Eve Ate Becoming More Active

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.