Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,272 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:11 AM

Pet For President Jonathan: Your Recommendation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pet For President Jonathan: Your Recommendation (2043 Views)

Prof David West To Jonathan - Your PHD Is Fake / MEND To Jonathan: Your Assassination Story Not True / OBJ To Jonathan:your Pipeline Protection Agency Is Another “chop Chop" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pet For President Jonathan: Your Recommendation by PresGEJ(m): 12:19pm On Jun 27, 2012
Fellow Nigerians,

As I prepare to head to Belgium, I want your input on a matter.

I am being pressured to choose a Presidential Pet that will keep me company in Aso Rock - They say JFK had a pony, Clinton had a cat and Obama has a dog.

My advisers showed me the picture below to say how cool my colleague in the US looks with his pet. (I can't run like that sha)

As a listening President, I want to know your recommendation: What pet, breed, color, etc?

PS: The Politics Section of this site is too hot jor - Let's calm the nerves a bit.

Long live Nigeria.

Your Presido

1 Like

Re: Pet For President Jonathan: Your Recommendation by baconline(m): 1:03pm On Jun 27, 2012
a fish with big balls
Re: Pet For President Jonathan: Your Recommendation by canuck(m): 1:20pm On Jun 27, 2012
LOL! I recommend you get TWO - A baboon and a dog!!! cheesy

Re: Pet For President Jonathan: Your Recommendation by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:25pm On Jun 27, 2012
canuck: LOL! I recommend you get TWO - A baboon and a dog!!! cheesy

Make that a Bloody Baboon and a Bloody Dog
Re: Pet For President Jonathan: Your Recommendation by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jun 27, 2012
Why not a fellow amphibian? Like a salamander.
Re: Pet For President Jonathan: Your Recommendation by canuck(m): 1:38pm On Jun 27, 2012
ogugua88: Why not a fellow amphibian? Like a salamander.

A "fellow amphibian" ?! ROTFL!
Re: Pet For President Jonathan: Your Recommendation by Nobody: 6:38am On Jul 03, 2012
^^^ Lol.
Re: Pet For President Jonathan: Your Recommendation by Gbawe: 1:20pm On Jul 03, 2012
Pet ke ? Is GEJ not literally 'whacking' enough you now want to suggest another mouth to be fed at the expense of Nigerians? Abeg, stop this joke my friend before one of GEJ's 'boys' reads this and suggests the idea to the Presidency!!!! Next thing we will read that "N500 million allocated to feed the pets of the President in 2012" !!!!
Re: Pet For President Jonathan: Your Recommendation by juman(m): 1:52pm On Jul 03, 2012
A fish because is a fisherman. grin

1 Like

Re: Pet For President Jonathan: Your Recommendation by Lisa1: 3:15pm On Jul 03, 2012
Good point[img]http://www.50centloseweight.com[/img]
Re: Pet For President Jonathan: Your Recommendation by 190: 3:13am On Jul 08, 2012
he read zoology so he should get an entire zoo for pets undecided
Re: Pet For President Jonathan: Your Recommendation by Beaf: 3:14am On Jul 08, 2012
ogugua88:
Why not a fellow amphibian? Like a salamander.

So you are an ethnic bigot too?
What a let down.
Re: Pet For President Jonathan: Your Recommendation by Nobody: 3:20am On Jul 08, 2012
juman: A fish because is a fisherman. grin

That would be food for GEJ lol.

Fishermen don't save their prey as pets o.
Re: Pet For President Jonathan: Your Recommendation by dasparrow: 4:32am On Jul 08, 2012
@Post

I don't think that is a good idea. Americans see pets as part of the family. They take good care of them (pets). Even right now with Obama campaigning, he sometimes has Bo the dog in the picture with him along with his wife and daughters. Most Nigerians on the other hand do not see dogs as part of the family but rather as food. Those Nigerians who don't eat dog utilize them as watchdogs and once the dog falls sick, instead of taking the dog to vet, they sell the dog off instead. Obama does not have bombs going off in his country each week that is killing innocent citizens. GEJ on the other hand has to deal with that. Let GEJ learn to cater to the security needs of Nigerians who blindly voted him into office (based on tribe) first before he dreams of taking in a household pet.
Re: Pet For President Jonathan: Your Recommendation by Nobody: 7:04am On Jul 08, 2012
Beaf: So you are an ethnic bigot too?
What a let down.

Where was the ethnic insult in "amphibian"? Which tribe or region is comparable to salamanders?

You're so programmed to defend GEJ that you throw insults before reading the comment to which you are replying.
Re: Pet For President Jonathan: Your Recommendation by Nobody: 7:08am On Jul 08, 2012
Re: Pet For President Jonathan: Your Recommendation by Beaf: 7:12am On Jul 08, 2012
ogugua88:

Where was the ethnic insult in "amphibian"? Which tribe or region is comparable to salamanders?

You're so programmed to defend GEJ that you throw insults before reading the comment to which you are replying.

I'm from the Niger Delta and I take your "amphibian," "fisherman" and other demeaning jibes as racist. Yes, we are riverine people, so what?
Please call me "drunken fisherman" or some other "amphibious" name, now that you've come out of the closet to express yourself freely.
Re: Pet For President Jonathan: Your Recommendation by Nobody: 7:17am On Jul 08, 2012
Beaf: I'm from the Niger Delta and I take your "amphibian," "fisherman" and other demeaning jibes as racist. Yes, we are riverine people, so what?
Please call me "drunken fisherman" or some other "amphibious" name, now that you've come out of the closet to express yourself freely.

You think I called him an amphibian because he's from Niger Delta region? Na wa.

That GEJ account is a parody and anything I said is for jokes. Simple. I'm constantly talking against tribalism and such. How you'd think I'd make an ethnic joke is beyond me.
Re: Pet For President Jonathan: Your Recommendation by Beaf: 7:30am On Jul 08, 2012
ogugua88:

You think I called him an amphibian because he's from Niger Delta region?
Na wa.

That GEJ account is a parody and anything I said is for jokes. Simple. I'm constantly talking against tribalism and such. How you'd think I'd make an ethnic joke is beyond me.

Yes I do, that is why people make "amphibian" jokes; I do not for one minute imagine that you are the only one on the planet not to understand that.
Look around you, and see the types you are sharing racist "amphibian" jokes with.

At the very least, you were playing to the gallery; at the worst, you've simply revealed your true self as a bigot.

The above are the thoughts of GEJ's "fellow amphibian."
Re: Pet For President Jonathan: Your Recommendation by kiyosaki1(m): 7:49am On Jul 08, 2012
shocked

Re: Pet For President Jonathan: Your Recommendation by Nobody: 7:49am On Jul 08, 2012
Beaf: Yes I do, that is why people make "amphibian" jokes; I do not for one minute imagine that you are the only one on the planet not to understand that.
Look around you, and see the types you are sharing racist "amphibian" jokes with.

At the very least, you were playing to the gallery; at the worst, you've simply revealed your true self as a bigot.

The above are the thoughts of GEJ's "fellow amphibian."

That's on you then. I mentioned amphibians and salamanders because they're slimy and crawl. If you think I'd make a joke to purposely hurt people from a certain region, then that's on you. Keep in mind I'm from Delta maternally. I still don't see it as an ethnic insult, but whatever floats your boat.
Re: Pet For President Jonathan: Your Recommendation by Beaf: 7:59am On Jul 08, 2012
ogugua88:

That's on you then. I mentioned amphibians and salamanders because they're slimy and crawl. If you think I'd make a joke to purposely hurt people from a certain region, then that's on you. Keep in mind I'm from Delta maternally. I still don't see it as an ethnic insult, but whatever floats your boat.

The boats of "amphibians" always floats. Lol!
Just accept what you are with pride. The "biggest" people are you racists.

Bye.
Re: Pet For President Jonathan: Your Recommendation by Nobody: 8:01am On Jul 08, 2012
but the president already has a pet ram called BEAF!!!
Re: Pet For President Jonathan: Your Recommendation by kiyosaki1(m): 8:06am On Jul 08, 2012
lipsrsealed

Re: Pet For President Jonathan: Your Recommendation by Nobody: 8:12am On Jul 08, 2012
Beaf: The boats of "amphibians" always floats. Lol!
Just accept what you are with pride. The "biggest" people are you racists.

Bye.

So you want to turn a common idiom into an ethnic jab as well?

I've been on this Nairaland for two years and have been called all sorts from a child to naïve idealist to non-Igbo to Muslim panderer for believing in one Nigeria, and you know that. So tell me, is an ethnic insult consistent with my posts on NL? It wasn't an ethnic jab and you know it. It would be very foolish for an Anambra/Delta woman to insult her own region, would it not? Stop playing victim.
Re: Pet For President Jonathan: Your Recommendation by Nobody: 8:13am On Jul 08, 2012
Re: Pet For President Jonathan: Your Recommendation by kiyosaki1(m): 8:14am On Jul 08, 2012
shocked

Re: Pet For President Jonathan: Your Recommendation by kiyosaki1(m): 8:16am On Jul 08, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Is this GEJ or GEJ's pet?
If you ask me na who I go ask
Re: Pet For President Jonathan: Your Recommendation by Mandelaguy(m): 8:18am On Jul 08, 2012
Some things are not just right. People wake up and dream about making another human a joke. Some of you are bunch of rabbied dogs with congealed brains.
Re: Pet For President Jonathan: Your Recommendation by Nobody: 8:19am On Jul 08, 2012
kiyosaki1: If you ask me na who I go ask

The things wey I dey see, wey I dey hear, e pass me
Re: Pet For President Jonathan: Your Recommendation by Nobody: 8:20am On Jul 08, 2012
LOL @ OBJ
Na GEJ's pet? Abi no be the other way 'round

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/749458_Monkey-Soldier_jpg10a22e54bb46318ddc7938c4b3dd4d61[/img]
Re: Pet For President Jonathan: Your Recommendation by kiyosaki1(m): 8:25am On Jul 08, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
LOL @ OBJ
Na GEJ's pet? Abi no be the other way 'round

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/749458_Monkey-Soldier_jpg10a22e54bb46318ddc7938c4b3dd4d61[/img]
no be everything wey eye see na him mouth dey talk no comment

(1) (2) (Reply)

£30,000 A Year Addiction To London: Nigerian Big Spenders / Who Is The Most Afrocentric Poster On Nairaland? / Why Nigeria Should Be Renamed As Airegin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.