Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,157 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

Nigerian Army To Unveil 1st Locally Made Armoured Cars - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Nigerian Army To Unveil 1st Locally Made Armoured Cars (26243 Views)

Nigerian Army Visits Innoson Manufacturing Plant At Nnewi Anambra (Pics) / Bus Carrying Wedding Guests Crashes Into Military Armoured Vehicle In Bauchi / Nigeria Now Producing Armoured Vehicles (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Army To Unveil 1st Locally Made Armoured Cars by OAM4J: 4:14pm On Jun 29, 2012

Nigerian army to unveil first locally made APCs

The Nigerian Army has concluded plans to unveil the first locally made Armoured Personnel Carrier (APC), which is part of the ongoing reforms in the military and in line with the transformation agenda of President Goodluck Jonathan.

This was disclosed by the Chief of Army Staff(COAS), Lt-Gen. Azubuike Ihejirika during the press conference organised for the 2012 Nigerian Army Day Celebration(NADC L 2012).

Ihejirika who was represented by the Chief of Military-Civil Relations, Maj-Gen. Bitrus Kwaji said that the recent military innovation is the positive outcome of ongoing military reforms.

He disclosed that local production of APC and other military equipment will save about 30 per cent of import cost for the country.

He said: “The highpoint of the ceremony, which is expected to be witnessed by President Jonathan, among other dignitaries, include the unveiling of the Nigerian built APC, Combat Airborne Jump and Helicopter Rappelling, Combat March and a Pep talk on old days in the Infantry Corps by Maj-Gen. Emmanuel Abisoye (Rtd).

“The Nigerian Army has continued to make salient contributions to the development of Nigeria. The transformation agenda of the Federal Government has been the inspiration driving the vision of COAS to continue to lead the army on the part of professionalism”.

“This achievement is part of the transformation agenda of Mr. President for the Ministries Departments and Agencies (MDAs) to look inwards and the Nigerian Army decided to key-in and one of it is the building of this vehicle (APC). Through it Nigerian Army has saved the nation at least 30 per cent of importation”, he noted.

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2012/06/29/nigerian-army-to-unveil-first-locally-made-apcs/
Re: Nigerian Army To Unveil 1st Locally Made Armoured Cars by Beaf: 4:18pm On Jun 29, 2012
Up 9ja! We can do it! Such news makes me so proud.
I hope the thing looks like a growling beast.

Anyways, lets use it to immediately invade Cameroon. Na me go drive am. grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army To Unveil 1st Locally Made Armoured Cars by miteolu(m): 4:23pm On Jun 29, 2012
that meet Hoodlums standard?
Re: Nigerian Army To Unveil 1st Locally Made Armoured Cars by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jun 29, 2012
Beaf: Up 9ja! We can do it! Such news makes me so proud.
I hope the thing looks like a growling beast.

Anyways, lets use it to immediately invade Cameroon. Na me go drive am. grin
Such news makes u proud?
nna, na wa o...
Re: Nigerian Army To Unveil 1st Locally Made Armoured Cars by SpiritofOkija(m): 4:28pm On Jun 29, 2012
I thought Tata had been making APCs locally for us for a while now?!

Or is Innoson now manufacturing Armoured Military vehicles now?!
Re: Nigerian Army To Unveil 1st Locally Made Armoured Cars by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jun 29, 2012
wei pivture na
Re: Nigerian Army To Unveil 1st Locally Made Armoured Cars by Ejine(m): 4:30pm On Jun 29, 2012
Are you sure it won't be an Ogbunigwe mounted on a Keke Napep?
Re: Nigerian Army To Unveil 1st Locally Made Armoured Cars by BlackBaron: 4:31pm On Jun 29, 2012
EDIT

Here she is. Known as the Proforce pf1 APC. Manufactured in Ogun state.

Re: Nigerian Army To Unveil 1st Locally Made Armoured Cars by Nwogbe: 4:31pm On Jun 29, 2012
Support our own.Proudly NIGERIA but no pics 4 us to see?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army To Unveil 1st Locally Made Armoured Cars by SpiritofOkija(m): 4:31pm On Jun 29, 2012
Innoson APC
Re: Nigerian Army To Unveil 1st Locally Made Armoured Cars by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jun 29, 2012
i hope dat superceed that built by the determined Biafran soldiers in the 60s?...........
Re: Nigerian Army To Unveil 1st Locally Made Armoured Cars by ACM10: 4:32pm On Jun 29, 2012
Finally, Autonov will be useful. grin
Re: Nigerian Army To Unveil 1st Locally Made Armoured Cars by Beaf: 4:34pm On Jun 29, 2012
musKeeto:
Such news makes u proud?
nna, na wa o...

Bruv, if news of technological progress cannot make us proud, what will?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army To Unveil 1st Locally Made Armoured Cars by kutchs: 4:34pm On Jun 29, 2012
musKeeto:
Such news makes u proud?
nna, na wa o...
What actually do you want for Nigeria? Not to be proud of this shows how much you hate yourself and Nigeria. Am I even sure you are Nigerian?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army To Unveil 1st Locally Made Armoured Cars by Ejine(m): 4:34pm On Jun 29, 2012
Ogbunigwe mounted on the Autonov, with Izuogu-made tyres.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army To Unveil 1st Locally Made Armoured Cars by naptu2: 4:36pm On Jun 29, 2012
This would make me very happy, but I hope they can sustain it. Back in the 70s & 80s I was told that Steyr assembled armoured vehicles for the armed forces @ Ibadan. I wonder what happened to that project. I also wonder what happened to the project below.

https://www.nairaland.com/309607/yaradua-inspects-nigeria-made-armoured-personnel

This APC project and the navy patrol boat project make me very happy indeed. These are the sort of things that DICON and Nigerdock should be doing.

https://www.nairaland.com/951813/picture-first-locallly-made-navy
Re: Nigerian Army To Unveil 1st Locally Made Armoured Cars by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jun 29, 2012
The APC wasn't built by the Nigerian Army - two Ekiti brothers built it, but the Army modernized it..

This is the prototype of the APC here:

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army To Unveil 1st Locally Made Armoured Cars by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jun 29, 2012
^^^^All they did was to change a couple of things on the APC...

These people are funny!! grin
Re: Nigerian Army To Unveil 1st Locally Made Armoured Cars by SpiritofOkija(m): 4:46pm On Jun 29, 2012
shymmex: The APC wasn't built by the Nigerian Army - two Ekiti brothers built it, but the Army modernized it..

Technically, this design is a deathtrap.. Flat body makes for greater impact from bullets

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army To Unveil 1st Locally Made Armoured Cars by BlackBaron: 4:47pm On Jun 29, 2012
shymmex: The APC wasn't built by the Nigerian Army - two Ekiti brothers built it, but the Army modernized it..

This is the prototype APC here:

Wrong! The Obasa brothers' apc is not the one being commissioned.

Their prototype apc is STILL not ready yet.
Re: Nigerian Army To Unveil 1st Locally Made Armoured Cars by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jun 29, 2012
BlackBaron:

Wrong!
That prototype apc is STILL not ready yet.

But they need to give credit to the two guys who built it...
Re: Nigerian Army To Unveil 1st Locally Made Armoured Cars by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jun 29, 2012
Small win but laudable.
Re: Nigerian Army To Unveil 1st Locally Made Armoured Cars by naptu2: 4:50pm On Jun 29, 2012

Are you sure it's the same project?
Re: Nigerian Army To Unveil 1st Locally Made Armoured Cars by Beaf: 4:50pm On Jun 29, 2012

Why are you always so self-hating and dumb? You haven't even seen the pic of the Nigerian armies APC, yet you are already lying full time. I really hate liers and self-haters. angry angry angry

You will continue to loathe yourself until the day you board a plane to know where your village is.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army To Unveil 1st Locally Made Armoured Cars by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jun 29, 2012
Spirit of Okija:

Technically, this design is a deathtrap.. Flat body makes for greater impact from bullets

How is it different from the foreign ones used by the Nigerian police?

[img]http://beegeagle.files./2011/10/lagos-apc-donation.jpg?w=640[/img]

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army To Unveil 1st Locally Made Armoured Cars by BlackBaron: 4:51pm On Jun 29, 2012
shymmex:

But they need to give credit to the two guys who built it...

They are 2 entirely different companies, not related in any way. Don't mix them up...
Re: Nigerian Army To Unveil 1st Locally Made Armoured Cars by Beaf: 4:52pm On Jun 29, 2012
BlackBaron:

They are 2 entirely different companies, not related in any way. Don't mix them up...

Shymmex is a clown without any identity to be proud off, who therefore lies freely, most people should know that by now.
Re: Nigerian Army To Unveil 1st Locally Made Armoured Cars by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jun 29, 2012
Beaf:
Why are you always so self-hating and dumb? You haven't even seen the pic of the Nigerian armies APC, yet you are already lying full time. I really hate liers and self-haters. angry angry angry

You will continue to loathe yourself until the day you board a plane to know where your village is.

It's the same APC with some adjustments - stop hallucinating.. undecided
Re: Nigerian Army To Unveil 1st Locally Made Armoured Cars by Beaf: 4:53pm On Jun 29, 2012
shymmex:

It's the same APC with some adjustments - stop hallucinating.. undecided

You are a worthless self-loathing liar.
Get on a plane to learn where your fathers compound is.
Re: Nigerian Army To Unveil 1st Locally Made Armoured Cars by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jun 29, 2012
Beaf:

Shymmex is a clown without any identity to be proud off, who therefore lies freely, most people should know that by now.

Says the BIGGEST LIAR on NL... grin grin

How come your nose and GEJ's nose are almost the same size?? grin grin
Re: Nigerian Army To Unveil 1st Locally Made Armoured Cars by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jun 29, 2012
Beaf:

You are a worthless self-loathing liar.
Get on a plane to learn where your fathers compound is.

Post the picture, and prove me wrong...
Re: Nigerian Army To Unveil 1st Locally Made Armoured Cars by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jun 29, 2012
@shymexx you are wrong. Like black baron said, that particular APC is not done yet. The army and the ekiti brothers are still working on it. The nigerian army apc is a non-prototype apc, which can be deployed at this very moment. Like beaf said....oya, let us invade cameroun, sharpaly!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See A Smart Helmet With Wireless Device That Give Signals For Better Safety / Subsidy Removal: Taraba Civil Servants Sell Off Cars / Innoson Sues Gtbank For N400billion Over Character Assasination And Defamation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.