Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,596 members, 7,851,008 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:08 PM

Anyaoku Advocates Return To Regionalism - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anyaoku Advocates Return To Regionalism (6182 Views)

NASS Election Coup: We Must Return To Regionalism Now - Dele Ogundele / SW Leaders Led By Tinubu Do Not Want Regionalism, Shamelessly Prefer Status Quo / Northern Christians Demand 2015 Presidential Slot, Regionalism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyaoku Advocates Return To Regionalism by manibuds(m): 4:36am On Jun 30, 2012
danka777 what is the meaning of the name NIGERIA?niger area abi?who renamed it river niger?the first official name of that river is river nigre(nigre is latin for black).this name was used by the so called civilised world in their maps as far back as just after alexander the great.some where along the line when nigre changed nigger the pronounciation changed to "naija" and the second "g" was cleverly removed.yes the word "nigger" had become offensive by 1914,remember that slave trade was officially abolished in 1860.the name in its spiritual form is NIGGER AREA.what is a nigger?(check for the answer in an english dictionary,na dem give us the name).our elder statesmen could not be bothered by the name because they had it at the back of their minds to break up,arguing about the name would have slowed down independence.the name you choose to call yourself is like your mission and vision statement rolled up into one.
PS:mungo park called his boat Joliba(joliba is the name of river niger in mandigo or tuareg)
Re: Anyaoku Advocates Return To Regionalism by Fiveseventy: 5:19am On Jun 30, 2012
Regionalism will only empower and make the corrupt leaders untouchable! Nigeria's biggest problem is corruption in large scales. The first steps should involve finding ways to eradicate it. Anyaoku doesn't know whats happening in the Naija's government at all.
Re: Anyaoku Advocates Return To Regionalism by Vansnickers: 5:45am On Jun 30, 2012
oginnade: What has Biafra got to do with the Niger Delta States? Stop associating yourselves all in the interest of oil deposit in the Niger Delta.
Re: Anyaoku Advocates Return To Regionalism by Nobody: 6:30am On Jun 30, 2012
It is much easy for people to deal with corrupt leaders in regionalism than federal system.
Aladinn: Regionalism? *ponders deep in thought.* In any region where the likes of Alams, Ibori, Orji, Obasanjo and cronies are leaders, there can never be development. Until we address our corrupt mindsets, no economic or political ideology will work.
Re: Anyaoku Advocates Return To Regionalism by Nobody: 6:39am On Jun 30, 2012
musiwa1: when did delta state become part of the east.

Seju Emiko is the Olu of warri. while the one before him is Ayo emiko..

musiwa if you dont like the guys proposed map,you can present your own to us.Delta has move closer to the east with the SS,same as edo.the map is good but far from accurate.edo will move with the entire SS as a block wherever they go to even if it is to Biafra.southern kaduna will move together with plateau,nasarawa,taraba,adamawa,fct,southern gombe,southern bauchi as one block in the event of nigerias breakup.eastern kogi and benue will look southwards to Biafra to form a confederation when nigeria breaks up.
We want breakup,not regionalism.
Re: Anyaoku Advocates Return To Regionalism by UCyril: 6:49am On Jun 30, 2012
Supported only if non igbos in south south are not included,we can do without them.ebonyi,abia,anambra,imo,enugu,delta igbos and igbo speaking area in rivers state can form a regional govt. With capital in enugu and commercial city in ph/aba or onitsha/asaba.then a farm that can feed the region in ebonyi/abia.
Re: Anyaoku Advocates Return To Regionalism by Holadokun(m): 6:58am On Jun 30, 2012
Am in support My role model
Re: Anyaoku Advocates Return To Regionalism by optimistD(m): 7:44am On Jun 30, 2012
miteolu: Strongly disagree
y
Re: Anyaoku Advocates Return To Regionalism by Nobody: 8:04am On Jun 30, 2012
The map above is correct, the states there are the states that made up the biafra region if you doubt go and ask any old man in your village or grandpapa he will tell you the real truth about that, one thing people don't realise is that south south was created out of the eastern region in order to put enemity between us so that we will start seeing each other as enemy's but I have no problem with that cause of a south south sees me an easterner as an enemy I will also see him as an enemy. From what the south south guys are saying this days the Biafra I advocate and is fighting for compromises of 6 states only which is:

1. Abia
2. Imo
3. Ebonyi
4. Enugu
6. Anambra

That's it and I know that when we have the biafra of my dreams some states in the SS will also join Biafra because by then their elders will speak out and not these under age boys here shouting foul, though I will not like them to join us cause of reasons I won't say here but if they want to join us they will be welcomed.
Till then say what you really know about the SS and SE and shut up if you don't know anything and for my south south brodas, go and ask your grand papa and any truthful old man in your village for the relationship between SS and SE before you reach to conclusion.

We igbos have everything to survive as a nation, put oil outside, how many Igbo men o women benefits from Nigeria's Oil? We can survive without oil though we have it in plenty, within few years of Biafra's existence it will be among one of the greatest nations in the world.

All I fight and pray for is for a peaceful division of Nigeria but if for any reason there is anything like war, hmmmm I rest my case.

Long Live Biafra
Long Live The Spirit Of Oneness In Us
Re: Anyaoku Advocates Return To Regionalism by manibuds(m): 8:44am On Jun 30, 2012
gboss4sure: The map above is correct, the states there are the states that made up the biafra region if you doubt go and ask any old man in your village or grandpapa he will tell you the real truth about that, one thing people don't realise is that south south was created out of the eastern region in order to put enemity between us so that we will start seeing each other as enemy's but I have no problem with that cause of a south south sees me an easterner as an enemy I will also see him as an enemy. From what the south south guys are saying this days the Biafra I advocate and is fighting for compromises of 6 states only which is:

1. Abia
2. Imo
3. Ebonyi
4. Enugu
6. Anambra

That's it and I know that when we have the biafra of my dreams some states in the SS will also join Biafra because by then their elders will speak out and not these under age boys here shouting foul, though I will not like them to join us cause of reasons I won't say here but if they want to join us they will be welcomed.
Till then say what you really know about the SS and SE and shut up if you don't know anything and for my south south brodas, go and ask your grand papa and any truthful old man in your village for the relationship between SS and SE before you reach to conclusion.

We igbos have everything to survive as a nation, put oil outside, how many Igbo men o women benefits from Nigeria's Oil? We can survive without oil though we have it in plenty, within few years of Biafra's existence it will be among one of the greatest nations in the world.

All I fight and pray for is for a peaceful division of Nigeria but if for any reason there is anything like war, hmmmm I rest my case.

Long Live Biafra
Long Live The Spirit Of Oneness In Us
biafra is an igbo dream,ijaws are not igbos,efiks are not igbos,urhobos,isokos,itshekiri nko?
only igbo people[at least the delusional ones] did not see ojukwu's ambition[to corner the richest national resource for his tribe with him as president for life,ojukwu would have died with more money than khaddafi]
It is the blind ambition of the igbos in the millitary that changed the course of this country for the worse,why did ironsi do a coup?to fight corruption abi?that singular [I=i,B=before,O=others]act lead to this colossal mess.all you ibo pple that smile at regionalisation and hoping it will be according to that crazy map will get your education in time.infact,in terms of the average nigerian on the street,the ibos are getting the best deal!the corruption,squalor,hopelessness favours their view of life,yes IBO[yes I=i,B=before,O=others]let there be bad roads,no light,no water,corrupt police,corrupt custom officer....thats good news for mr i-before-others.
easterners should stop laughing at the north and middle belt,you are in the same category,i.e.land locked,over populated,you will need visas and entry permits to sell,your land is too small to feed you,and you are too lazy,too impatient to farm.
Re: Anyaoku Advocates Return To Regionalism by Nobody: 9:11am On Jun 30, 2012
manibuds:
biafra is an igbo dream,ijaws are not igbos,efiks are not igbos,urhobos,isokos,itshekiri nko?
only igbo people[at least the delusional ones] did not see ojukwu's ambition[to corner the richest national resource for his tribe with him as president for life,ojukwu would have died with more money than khaddafi]
It is the blind ambition of the igbos in the millitary that changed the course of this country for the worse,why did ironsi do a coup?to fight corruption abi?that singular [I=i,B=before,O=others]act lead to this colossal mess.all you ibo pple that smile at regionalisation and hoping it will be according to that crazy map will get your education in time.infact,in terms of the average nigerian on the street,the ibos are getting the best deal!the corruption,squalor,hopelessness favours their view of life,yes IBO[yes I=i,B=before,O=others]let there be bad roads,no light,no water,corrupt police,corrupt custom officer....thats good news for mr i-before-others.
easterners should stop laughing at the north and middle belt,you are in the same category,i.e.land locked,over populated,you will need visas and entry permits to sell,your land is too small to feed you,and you are too lazy,too impatient to farm.

I don't want to join issues with you cause from your point of view you are been tribalistic and I hate that a lot. Calling igbos lazy people simply means that you don't know anything about ibos so I advise you keep your mouth shut Mr man.
Re: Anyaoku Advocates Return To Regionalism by Nobody: 9:34am On Jun 30, 2012
I totally support the man. But that area in the Middle Belt shouldn't be Nigeria.
Re: Anyaoku Advocates Return To Regionalism by Martinezv16(m): 9:35am On Jun 30, 2012
I think that's the way to go.
Re: Anyaoku Advocates Return To Regionalism by Ngwakwe: 9:35am On Jun 30, 2012
Regionalism will surely work for Nigeria than disintegration.

Iraq is a war torn Country for now but Kurdistan Autonomous region is still secured and prosperous, while paying its share of national bill.

If its possible in Iraq, why wouldn't it work in Nigeria
Re: Anyaoku Advocates Return To Regionalism by maigaskiya1: 9:40am On Jun 30, 2012
engineerd: Chei...see ibo moraphukin thieves....grouping the SS as BIAFRA....like the south southerners won't want the full control of the oil in their own region.
idiot we re tokng of a regonal structre nt biafra.olodo.am frm nija delta d ibos dnt ned we nija deltans nd we dnt ned dm.bt we kan trust d ibos more dan u double faced demons kald yorubas.everytn d nija deltans hav d ibos hav it nd even ahead of us in comerce nd technical knw how even more dan u yorubas if u thnk d ibos re nt impotant in nija alow dm go na.mugu

1 Like

Re: Anyaoku Advocates Return To Regionalism by Bella3(f): 10:14am On Jun 30, 2012
I wil say it again and again. NIGERIA is too big to be handled by 1 man, atleast as an African corrupt nation. So regionalisation is welcomed
Re: Anyaoku Advocates Return To Regionalism by deltaforce7(m): 10:19am On Jun 30, 2012
I recall that many years ago when i was younger i wrote an artcile titled"Confederation: the way forward". At that time, though the article was published, some people did not seem to agree with my line of arguement. Today, the truth is staring at us on our faces. The entity called Nigeria has been wrongly structured from the beginning, created on every element of political and economic injustice. There is need to serious satnd on the existing structure, it is not working for us. Confederation is a much better alternative. Let the country be divided into regions, naturally four regions, and each region to contribute to the funding of the centre. This way, those bullish, pot-belly thieves who parade themselves as politicians would stop seeing it as a do-or-die thing. Besides, it will promote competition at the regions, as each region should or be seen to be working hard to develop with the resources available to it. The regions in Nigeria are all endowed with natural resources, not just the oil in the south. All they need to do is to look inwards.May God help us.[size=8pt][/size]
Re: Anyaoku Advocates Return To Regionalism by deltaforce7(m): 10:20am On Jun 30, 2012
I recall that many years ago when i was younger i wrote an artcile titled"Confederation: the way forward". At that time, though the article was published, some people did not seem to agree with my line of arguement. Today, the truth is staring at us on our faces. The entity called Nigeria has been wrongly structured from the beginning, created on every element of political and economic injustice. There is need to serious satnd on the existing structure, it is not working for us. Confederation is a much better alternative. Let the country be divided into regions, naturally four regions, and each region to contribute to the funding of the centre. This way, those bullish, pot-belly thieves who parade themselves as politicians would stop seeing it as a do-or-die thing. Besides, it will promote competition at the regions, as each region should or be seen to be working hard to develop with the resources available to it. The regions in Nigeria are all endowed with natural resources, not just the oil in the south. All they need to do is to look inwards.May God help us.]
Re: Anyaoku Advocates Return To Regionalism by kettykin: 11:02am On Jun 30, 2012
Regionalism rather than an outright disintegration is the solution , if you very well remember Nigeria started missing it when Gowon and Awolowo rather than operate the 4 region system created 6 states just to spite igbos, after the war the duo refused to go back to regions, Gowon wanted a strong centre while Awolowo wanted the economic center to be in the south west , today 40 years after the center is in abuja an the states are nothing but glorified Local Goverments counties except for lagos which lives off the oil company taxes headquatered in lagos and the 4 core Niger delta states which are surviving on 13 % derivation.
Nigeria can do away with LGA and run a 4 or 6 region which will control every other thing except defence and foreign afairs as it is obtainable in US an UK

1 Like

Re: Anyaoku Advocates Return To Regionalism by otondo55: 1:26pm On Jun 30, 2012
101% supported! With your vast knowledge at UN,you have said it all. Lets see that competition in development and otherwise.
Re: Anyaoku Advocates Return To Regionalism by manibuds(m): 5:40pm On Jun 30, 2012
sorry gboss4sure for calling ibos lazy,i meant the hard work,patience and honesty in farming wont go down well with somebody that prefers to lie to the producers that buyers are not buying,then go to buyers and lie that producers are not producing just to create phatom surplus and scarcity to his own benefit.
explain why the first coup was carried out by ibos?democracy was already in place,midwest was created by parliament,other regions would have been created too,gboss4sure do you know how many years nigeria lived in the wazobia lie,i.e if you are not huasa,then you must be ibo or yoruba,just imagine 3 parasite tribes trying to load over everybody.you said ask old men the truth about regionalisation,the real truth is in the protectorates,how many treaties did the british empire sign?na ibo sign for the whole south minus yorubas?
when the hausas were in power they disected the regions,especially the eastern region to put the ibos in their place,then when OBJ came he punctured the idea that anything north of yoruba or ibo land was hausa,now we have middle belt,north west,who knows GEJ might dilute the west further.
please ibos should really stop getting unduly excited when regionalisation is mentioned.the problem is nobody wants to be outlooted when this country finally disintegrates and we are taking stock of who chop pass.
Re: Anyaoku Advocates Return To Regionalism by exconed(m): 11:49pm On Jun 30, 2012
engineerd: Chei...see ibo moraphukin thieves....grouping the SS as BIAFRA....like the south southerners won't want the full control of the oil in their own region.

we d igbos dont care about ur oil we have ours. wat else can u boast of? mr ss
Re: Anyaoku Advocates Return To Regionalism by exconed(m): 11:54pm On Jun 30, 2012

we d igbos dont care about ur oil we have ours. wat else can u boast of? mr ss
it is igbo nt ibo pls b warned
Re: Anyaoku Advocates Return To Regionalism by owobokiri(m): 10:00am On Jul 01, 2012
BĂ©lla3: I wil say it again and again. NIGERIA is too big to be handled by 1 man, atleast as an African corrupt nation. So regionalisation is welcomed

Nigeria is not so big to be handled by one man. We have India, China, Indonesia, and maybe Brazil. They are all bigger than Nigeria and with the exception of the Chinese politiburu, these countries have presidents with emphatic powers. . In Nigeria, It is a question of the character of the man incharge. We have a flawed political system that contineously rockets flawed characters to the highes post in the land. The powerful antics of the center gaurds again changes needed to stop this. . This fellows idea is good in as much as it will reduce the destructive ethnic competition for scarce resources at the center which breeds corruption, . . When REAL power is localised in a multi-ethnic federation, folks start taking responsibility for their lives. It may lead to healthy competitions between the regions too.
Re: Anyaoku Advocates Return To Regionalism by Bella3(f): 10:27pm On Jul 05, 2012
owobokiri:

Nigeria is not so big to be handled by one man. We have India, China, Indonesia, and maybe Brazil. They are all bigger than Nigeria and with the exception of the Chinese politiburu, these countries have presidents with emphatic powers. . In Nigeria, It is a question of the character of the man incharge. We have a flawed political system that contineously rockets flawed characters to the highes post in the land. The powerful antics of the center gaurds again changes needed to stop this. . This fellows idea is good in as much as it will reduce the destructive ethnic competition for scarce resources at the center which breeds corruption, . . When REAL power is localised in a multi-ethnic federation, folks start taking responsibility for their lives. It may lead to healthy competitions between the regions too.
i said "as an 'african' corrupt nation" may i add multi-ethnical.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rotimi Amaechi Graduated With A Third Class From Uniport / A Question For GEJ Supporters / Abdulrahman Abdulrasaq: Kwara Won't Spare Suspected Looters Of Public Funds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.