Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,933 members, 7,952,762 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:30 PM

Forbes Magazine Exposes Prof Ayittey's Hypocrisy After Mocking Jonathan - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Forbes Magazine Exposes Prof Ayittey's Hypocrisy After Mocking Jonathan (12225 Views)

Metuh: Nigerians Blast Chicken Republic For Mocking Him With Their Advert (pics) / PHOTO: Have You Seen This Advert Mocking Jonathan? / Apc's Habit Of Mocking Jonathan's Relationship With God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Forbes Magazine Exposes Prof Ayittey's Hypocrisy After Mocking Jonathan by Dhelake: 2:14pm On Jun 30, 2012
lanre_front: The surprising thing is how it quickly got to the frontpage.......kind of makes you begin to wonder about Nairaland......hmnnn
Didnt d Ghanaian prof make d frontpage ... U need to start thinking
Re: Forbes Magazine Exposes Prof Ayittey's Hypocrisy After Mocking Jonathan by Ojobojo1(m): 2:17pm On Jun 30, 2012
All ds foolish gej apologists,una de mad.How dare you try to confuse nigerians with ds stale news.D prof is right but you and ur egghead president dont wanna accept it,instead of improving, gej is sponsoring beaf and co to deceive us.make una tell am say e no go work.
Re: Forbes Magazine Exposes Prof Ayittey's Hypocrisy After Mocking Jonathan by PetroDolla: 2:24pm On Jun 30, 2012
pure crap.investigations are ongoing into the Accra crash and it is my view we wait for the report.what I can tell you is that planes landed and took off at the airport immediately before and after the nigerian plane crashed.I've also seen the crashed plane and found the tires were a bit worn out.that's why a report on the incident will be helpful.Accra airport has one of the best safety records in the world.
dedeike: On the flip side, the state of the runways of Accra airport is nothing to write home about. When it rains, the runway gets flooded thus leading to the crash of our cargo airplane recently. The prof should hve directed his tirades to his aviation minister, who came on air and made a useless defence of the flooded runways of ACCRA AIRPORT in this mordern age.
Re: Forbes Magazine Exposes Prof Ayittey's Hypocrisy After Mocking Jonathan by gidson12(m): 2:26pm On Jun 30, 2012
Ojobojo1: All ds foolish gej apologists,una de mad.How dare you try to confuse nigerians with ds stale news.D prof is right but you and ur egghead president dont wanna accept it,instead of improving, gej is sponsoring beaf and co to deceive us.make una tell am say e no go work.
Now tell me what is true in all the prof has said, someone(dedeike) ealier picked the holes in that prof ayetels article, did you care to read it....... why not base your argument along that line rather than infest this tread with your ignorance
Re: Forbes Magazine Exposes Prof Ayittey's Hypocrisy After Mocking Jonathan by Acelifted: 2:31pm On Jun 30, 2012
[quote
author=olas2u]Your really crazy,the guy spoke the truth.forbes
ko,forbes ni,He his an African that spoke the truth to a fellow African
country.Kolo mentality[/quote]

Nonsense! i choose to believe forbes magazine than believe an African who lives in a continent where "Dog eat dog"
Re: Forbes Magazine Exposes Prof Ayittey's Hypocrisy After Mocking Jonathan by 1025: 2:33pm On Jun 30, 2012
is the man coming to context for nigeria aso rock position? no he is not. he just said the truth which we already know so if u like, go and expose his private parts, that won't change the known truths.
jonathan said boko haram will end in june and tomorrow is 1st and a sunday too. let us see what happens and in case this boko haram continues, we will not wait for the ghana professor to tell us that what we have in jonathan is A TALK NO DO.
Re: Forbes Magazine Exposes Prof Ayittey's Hypocrisy After Mocking Jonathan by uzomagic(m): 2:46pm On Jun 30, 2012
omenka:
Stop being so short sighted. The man said the truth and voiced the opinion of majority of Nigerians who scrape a living off the streets. U say 'why will he pick on nigeria is nigeria the only country having problems'? That my dear is one of the worst defences I've eva come across. Its like saying a teacher shouldn't reprimand ur child in skool when they flunk a subject or act objectionably because they are not the only one doing so in the skool! How does that sound to u. Mull over it buddy.
Mr. Omenka, I'm not sure you read this:
dedeike: Come on, keep quiet. Forbes ratings remains the best and its the universally acclaimed destination for such statistics.Just because they have brought out a report that exposes the lies and falsehood that the fake Ghanian Proffessor has been peddling , that is why you want to discredit FORBES. Which rating should we reckon with? SAHARA abi NAIRALAND? I took time to pick holes in the Ghanian Proffessor's tirades earlier in the week. First, he proceeded on the faulty and unfounded assumption that GEJ did not declare his assets. On twitter, I told him clearly that his paymasters did not properly brief him hence the high level ignorance that the Prof has been exhibiting on social media. I pity his students. A real prof would have taken prudent steps to verify the position of Nigerian laws on the issue of public declaration of Assets. Secondly, he goofed when he said our Agricultural revolution is only tied to distribution of palm seedlings. Every toddler in Nigeria knows the Agric minister is pursuing a reforms of fertilizer distribution in Nigeria and has succeeded in eliminating the middlemen cartel that made access to fertilizer very difficult. Beyond this, he has launched the cassava bread revolution campaign aimed at reducing our reliance on imported wheat. An Agricultural loan scheme has been floated alongside the CBN for local farmers. He is building silos across the federation and has imposed high import tariffs on importation of rice and wheats inorder to encourage local farmers. As part of the national campaign, the president on his democracy day speech directed that only locally produced food should be served in Aso rock and govt public functions. Thirdly, the fake Prof blabbed about GEJ's inability to use Maidugri Airport. If only this Prof was told by his paymaster how much renovation and rehabilitation that this govt has carried out in all the major airports in our country in just one year.Both the ABUJA, LAGOS, ENUGU, KANO AND BENIN airports are under massive reconstruction. On the flip side, the state of the runways of Accra airport is nothing to write home about. When it rains, the runway gets flooded thus leading to the crash of our cargo airplane recently. The prof should hve directed his tirades to his aviation minister, who came on air and made a useless defence of the flooded runways of ACCRA AIRPORT in this mordern age. Finally, the fake prof said our president is of unsound mind. That was the height of rascality by a prof who should know the language of diplomacy. I beg to ask those who have been supporting this retard prof, where did this man derive his allegations from? Which doctor or Health expert pronounced our President insane? What proof can he offer in support of his allegations that our president has a history of unsound mind? For all KOBJUNKIES of this world, I have one word for you.THE OFFICE OF PRESIDENCY is an institution, We should not sacrifice the integrity and dignity of that institution on the altar of hatred and beef for the present occupant. We don't know who will be president tomorrow. It may be you. It may be me. GOD BLESS NIGERIA.
A word is enough for the wise. Thank you Dedeike
Re: Forbes Magazine Exposes Prof Ayittey's Hypocrisy After Mocking Jonathan by publisher(m): 2:46pm On Jun 30, 2012
[size=13pt]Take it or Leave it,the Ghanaian professor was sponsored by Sahara reporters and other anti-GEJ elements in order to pollute the good reviews GEJ got from his recent media chat.

If certain Nairalanders know the deep crises facing Ghana right now,thy wont be talking trash here.

Ghana is like a rat,Nigeria is like an Elephant. Both the Rat and Elephant have a fatal deep sore on their respective bodies; foolishly,the rat(Ghana) keeps telling the Elephant(Nigeria),"Hey look,your sore is bigger than mine,shame on you." [/size]

1 Like

Re: Forbes Magazine Exposes Prof Ayittey's Hypocrisy After Mocking Jonathan by PeeDaVinci: 2:47pm On Jun 30, 2012
[size=15pt]how on earth does the fact that ghana's economy is bad make ayyittey's comment hypocritical when he always criticize the Ghanaian govt too [/size]
Re: Forbes Magazine Exposes Prof Ayittey's Hypocrisy After Mocking Jonathan by arewaboy(m): 2:54pm On Jun 30, 2012
onatisi:

you are a fool.dumb goat too and as ur ghanaro prof said ur life and future is shattered and broken.why will he pick on nigeria is nigeria the only country having problems.all u guys just like this ur ghana prof becos he insulted gej that is all.i wont be surprised another ghanaro doctors says nigerians are mad and stupid .surely he will have some supporters on nl
no you must be the big fool, yes nigeria is not d only country at worse but he choose nigeria as a neighbour
Re: Forbes Magazine Exposes Prof Ayittey's Hypocrisy After Mocking Jonathan by obailala(m): 2:57pm On Jun 30, 2012
Acelifted:

Nonsense! i choose to believe forbes magazine than believe an African who lives in a continent where "Dog eat dog"
The kind of mentality exhibited by some Nigerians is really disturbing. Ok, let's assume Forbe's magazine is right, I have no problems with that. . . but because the man is from a country whose economy isn't doing fine, then that makes all his economic statements wrong??

The same things we Nigerians cry and complain about everyday, a foreigner comes up with the same argument and suddenly, we label him a mad man. Nigerians really need to wake up from their politics of sycophancy.

omenka:
Stop being so short sighted. The man said the truth and voiced the opinion of majority of Nigerians who scrape a living off the streets. U say [size=14pt]'why will he pick on nigeria is nigeria the only country having problems'[/size]? That my dear is one of the worst defences I've eva come across. Its like saying a teacher shouldn't reprimand ur child in skool when they flunk a subject or act objectionably because they are not the only one doing so in the skool! How does that sound to u. Mull over it buddy.
This is exactly my point. It's really disturbing that majority of Nigerians think in this manner undecided
Re: Forbes Magazine Exposes Prof Ayittey's Hypocrisy After Mocking Jonathan by conyema12(m): 3:03pm On Jun 30, 2012
dedeike: Come on, keep quiet. Forbes ratings remains the best and its the universally acclaimed destination for such statistics.Just because they have brought out a report that exposes the lies and falsehood that the fake Ghanian Proffessor has been peddling , that is why you want to discredit FORBES. Which rating should we reckon with? SAHARA abi NAIRALAND? I took time to pick holes in the Ghanian Proffessor's tirades earlier in the week. First, he proceeded on the faulty and unfounded assumption that GEJ did not declare his assets. On twitter, I told him clearly that his paymasters did not properly brief him hence the high level ignorance that the Prof has been exhibiting on social media. I pity his students. A real prof would have taken prudent steps to verify the position of Nigerian laws on the issue of public declaration of Assets. Secondly, he goofed when he said our Agricultural revolution is only tied to distribution of palm seedlings. Every toddler in Nigeria knows the Agric minister is pursuing a reforms of fertilizer distribution in Nigeria and has succeeded in eliminating the middlemen cartel that made access to fertilizer very difficult. Beyond this, he has launched the cassava bread revolution campaign aimed at reducing our reliance on imported wheat. An Agricultural loan scheme has been floated alongside the CBN for local farmers. He is building silos across the federation and has imposed high import tariffs on importation of rice and wheats inorder to encourage local farmers. As part of the national campaign, the president on his democracy day speech directed that only locally produced food should be served in Aso rock and govt public functions. Thirdly, the fake Prof blabbed about GEJ's inability to use Maidugri Airport. If only this Prof was told by his paymaster how much renovation and rehabilitation that this govt has carried out in all the major airports in our country in just one year.Both the ABUJA, LAGOS, ENUGU, KANO AND BENIN airports are under massive reconstruction. On the flip side, the state of the runways of Accra airport is nothing to write home about. When it rains, the runway gets flooded thus leading to the crash of our cargo airplane recently. The prof should hve directed his tirades to his aviation minister, who came on air and made a useless defence of the flooded runways of ACCRA AIRPORT in this mordern age. Finally, the fake prof said our president is of unsound mind. That was the height of rascality by a prof who should know the language of diplomacy. I beg to ask those who have been supporting this retard prof, where did this man derive his allegations from? Which doctor or Health expert pronounced our President insane? What proof can he offer in support of his allegations that our president has a history of unsound mind? For all KOBJUNKIES of this world, I have one word for you.THE OFFICE OF PRESIDENCY is an institution, We should not sacrifice the integrity and dignity of that institution on the altar of hatred and beef for the present occupant. We don't know who will be president tomorrow. It may be you. It may be me. GOD BLESS NIGERIA.

I will respectful point a few things out from your logical post. I will in all respect condem the action of the fake Prof by insulting Mr. President. But that should not give us the opportunity to celebrate the mediocrity exhibited by the President during the media chat...common millions of Nigerians turned-in only to be disappointed by his uncoordinated approach to the issues raised. If only he had tackled most of the issues just like the way you explained, it wouldnt have generated the controversy.....my view
Re: Forbes Magazine Exposes Prof Ayittey's Hypocrisy After Mocking Jonathan by acidtalk: 3:05pm On Jun 30, 2012
Beaf: I have always maintained that being in opposition does not equate to being a traitor ant subversive. But it seems NL positively crawls with with scum who would spit on their fathers and sell their mothers in the deluded hope of political gain.

Lolzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!! grin grin grin

Just like you have sold your father and spat on your mother for political gain.

How ironic, you speaking your exact actions.

1 Like

Re: Forbes Magazine Exposes Prof Ayittey's Hypocrisy After Mocking Jonathan by acidtalk: 3:22pm On Jun 30, 2012
Foooooools!!! That's what most of you are.
Sit down and be comparing yourselves with Ghana that doesn't have as much population or geographical land space like you do.

That country just discovered oil in less than 10years but yet see the immence progress they are striving to achieve in that industry.

They have far less than the number or natural resources we have here and yet they can aCcount and maintain their far more than we do.

Do and see how their political office holders including their president obey traffic rules and drive side by side with other road users, here common Local government chairman will break traffic rules and even assualt you that is obeying it.

The Ghana police even though they take bribe too, do it with utmost precaution and fear. Here bride taking is a thing of pride and dignity.

Go and see the high standard of education with good proper mentainance. A hostel in Ghana (university of Accra) is far better than most guest houses and some 3 star hotels here.

We claim to supply them power yet it is almost strange for them to have 5 straight hours of power shortage. Whereas its almost a miracle here having 3 straight hours of power.

If we claim we are the giant of Africa then we should be comparing ourselves with the likes of South AfricA, Egypt, Tunisia and even war turn Libya. In terms of developmental progress, we are one of the worst in Africa. If Somalia, Chat, Burundi, Niger and the rest have half of the resources we hold, their country would have been long developed even with the level of corruption and illiteracy in those regions.

The Prof was 101% Right with everything he said about Nigeria.

Who said even Forbe can't collect tip from this useless and hopless government to tarnish the image of Ghana?

If you claim el-rufai is behind the prof's article then jonathan is also behind forbes report

2 Likes

Re: Forbes Magazine Exposes Prof Ayittey's Hypocrisy After Mocking Jonathan by coolval83: 3:35pm On Jun 30, 2012
It pains me when ppl compare mare Ghana dts NT up2 Lagos state to Nigeria, nd I curse all Nigerians dt commented negatively abt Nigeria,we ve to learn hw to b patriotic,come rain come sunshine we re still d best in African

3 Likes

Re: Forbes Magazine Exposes Prof Ayittey's Hypocrisy After Mocking Jonathan by mbhs139(m): 3:35pm On Jun 30, 2012
Immortal!:
I hardly make a comment on nairaland cos of d barrage of insults that flow in the forum. I was brought up to have regards for my elders and regardless of how good I perceive them, I choose my words carefully when addressing them. The fact that I have a different perspective to an issue, should not make me resort to insulting a personality. I once read from a zig ziglar book that 'ur words are your advertisement, when u open ur mouth, u give people an opportunity to see inside of u', and I concur 100% to it. It's one thing not to admire the person occupying the seat of the president of a country but another to have regards for the office of the presidency. A critic would always point out things that are wrong but it takes a judge to see something wrong and say wat ought to be. Even if my dad is a bad man, based on someone else's perspective though, insulting him is same as insulting me. I see the Prof's statement as an insult for the singular fact that he bluntly said the president is insane(I guess the Prof is sane in his own eyes). Trust me, I can never belittle myself to insulting somebody.

Your post makes more sense to me. I tried to emulate such attitude sometimes but sometimes it is also very hard becuase when you read some thread you feel like throwing up. anyway, i will try to keep to that all the time. at least, i have learnt something on this land for once. thank you.
Re: Forbes Magazine Exposes Prof Ayittey's Hypocrisy After Mocking Jonathan by mbhs139(m): 3:51pm On Jun 30, 2012
Abstract from UNDP Report 2011

This year we use the Multidimensional Poverty Index (MPI) to reveal trends in the multiple deprivations that batter poor people at the same time for seven countries— Bolivia,Colombia, Jordan, Kenya, Lesotho, Madagascar and Nigeria— and find that poverty declined in all of them (see figure)... The decline was fastest in absolute terms in Bolivia, Nigeria and Lesotho.

Underlying the overall drops in poverty, different patterns emerge. For example, multidimensional poverty fell at a similar rate in Kenya and Nigeria, but Kenya’s progress was driven by improvements across all standard of living indicators, [color=#770077]whereas Nigeria progressed most in water, sanitation and child mortality.[/color] Poverty reduction was widely distributed across Kenya. In Nigeria, by contrast, poverty worsened in the northeast, the poorest region, while the south saw the most substantial reduction.

I'm just quoting what's in the report. has no connection with what one prof said or not o. Let's continue

Electronic waste (e-waste), the fastest growing sector of global waste, is hazardous to human health and the environment. [s]E-waste from China, India, Thailand, the United States and the European Union over 2004–2008 totalled 17 million tonnes a year; the United Nations Environment Programme estimates global e-waste at 20–50 million tonnes a year. Only a small share of e-waste is recycled.[/s] For example, in 2007 the United States recycled less than 20 percent of e-waste from obsolete televisions, cell phones and computer products. The rest was disposed in landfills, mostly in developing countries such as China, India and Nigeria.

I think they ended in computer village, Ikeja. And we bought them as fairly used phone or computer.
Re: Forbes Magazine Exposes Prof Ayittey's Hypocrisy After Mocking Jonathan by Slicqyprizzy(f): 4:04pm On Jun 30, 2012
publisher: [size=13pt]Take it or Leave it,the Ghanaian professor was sponsored by Sahara reporters and other anti-GEJ elements in order to pollute the good reviews GEJ got from his recent media chat.

If certain Nairalanders know the deep crises facing Ghana right now,thy wont be talking trash here.

Ghana is like a rat,Nigeria is like an Elephant. Both the Rat and Elephant have a fatal deep sore on their respective bodies; foolishly,the rat(Ghana) keeps telling the Elephant(Nigeria),"Hey look,your sore is bigger than mine,shame on you." [/size]
come tel me da problems gh is facing.i realy wanna noe
Re: Forbes Magazine Exposes Prof Ayittey's Hypocrisy After Mocking Jonathan by prettyliz(f): 4:19pm On Jun 30, 2012
we can post articles to console ourselves..but it still doesn't change the fact that there were some truth in what the prof. Said.
Re: Forbes Magazine Exposes Prof Ayittey's Hypocrisy After Mocking Jonathan by PhysicsQED(m): 4:33pm On Jun 30, 2012
The forbes claim on Ghana was countered/debunked back when this actually came out, though I'm having trouble finding the article again.
Re: Forbes Magazine Exposes Prof Ayittey's Hypocrisy After Mocking Jonathan by Mekusnwa: 4:44pm On Jun 30, 2012
acidtalk: Foooooools!!! That's what most of you are.
Sit down and be comparing yourselves with Ghana that doesn't have as much population or geographical land space like you do.
it's obvious you re the biggest fool who believes the trash that the fake prof vomitted.
acidtalk: Foooooools!!! That's what most of you are.

That country just discovered oil in less than 10years but yet see the immence progress they are striving to achieve in that industry.
what progess has Ghana made in the oil industry above Nigeria? What is there OPEC quota? how many international oil majors are operating in Ghana? How many liquified Natural Gas plants do they have? How many gas plants do they run? Can their state oil corporation be compared with the big status of NNPC which runs joint venture with SHELL, CHEVRON, etc what percentage of their population is gainfully employed in the industry?
acidtalk: Do and see how their political office holders including their president obey traffic rules and drive side by side with other road users, here common Local government chairman will break traffic rules
I don't know the area where you live in Nigeria. Common local government Chairmen do not break traffic rules here in Abuja.
acidtalk: Go and see the high standard of education with good proper mentainance. A hostel in Ghana (university of Accra) is far better than most guest houses and some 3 star hotels here.Go and see the high standard of education with good proper mentainance. A hostel in Ghana (university of Accra) is far better than most guest houses
How many universities are there in Ghana? And how much do they pay as school fees? And how many of these products from Ghanian universities can compete favourably with their Nigerian counterparts in every field of study? The last time i checked, Ghana does not have more than 3 Universities. That will be dwarfed by our existing 27 federal universities, 36 state universities, and 31 private universities. The fake prof was not briefed by those who hired him that the govt which he seeks to paint black has been able to establish 9 new universities in less than 1 year. Secondly, unlike Ghana, the Nigerian Fed govt subsidizes education heavily. I attended UNIBEN and my school fees did not exceed N 9,700 fr each session. This is so given that in this year alone, govt' s subventions to UNIBEN is over 12 billion Naira. In Ghana, the story is not the same. Students cough out almost a million Naira for school fees. So why can't they afford a bit better hostel accommodation. In covenant university, where students pay that much too, their hostels are better than some guest houses in Kumasi. Learn to situate issues in proper context. Nigeria remains the only country where Education is heavily subsidized despite its teeming population. Ask anybody in any university in Uk or America, he will tell you better.
acidtalk: The Prof was 101% Right with everything he said about Nigeria.

Who said even Forbe can't collect tip from this useless and hopless government to tarnish the image of Ghana?

If you claim el-rufai is behind the prof's article then jonathan is also behind forbes report
Forbes has built a reputation over the years. They are not like You who has been bribed by some paymasters to come and fabricate lies and turn truth on its head on Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Forbes Magazine Exposes Prof Ayittey's Hypocrisy After Mocking Jonathan by Ozonna(m): 4:48pm On Jun 30, 2012
prettyliz: we can post articles to console ourselves..but it still doesn't change the fact that there were some truth in what the prof. Said.
$

If the Prof criticised our economy alone, no problem. However,to insult our President was
Crossing the line.Buhari has never insulted GEJ neither has El Rufai. The opposition have never insulted GEJ (except during election) so y should a foreigner? An African Americanman can call his fellow black man "NIGGA" no problem but a White American can't cos it's offensive/racial comment to do so.

Therefore, its the exclusive preserve of "Nigerians" to insult Pres.GEJ.
Re: Forbes Magazine Exposes Prof Ayittey's Hypocrisy After Mocking Jonathan by cfours: 4:54pm On Jun 30, 2012
Forbes magazine picks African countries at random for worst economy every year. who cares what their list is?
Anybody who doesn't see the truth in Ayittey's statements is just deluding his or herself. The guy is 100% right.
Re: Forbes Magazine Exposes Prof Ayittey's Hypocrisy After Mocking Jonathan by WSSmith: 4:55pm On Jun 30, 2012
To construct our list, we ranked 177 countries according to three-year average statistics for gross domestic product growth and inflation (including the IMF’s 2012 estimates), plus GDP per capita and the current account balance, a measure of whether the country is importing more than it exports.

There have been significant changes to the list since last year. Onetime losers like Ghana and Zimbabwe got their economic acts together and moved off the list while some countries, including Armenia and Jamaica, marched into the lower ranks primarily because of the global financial crisis. Others, like Madagascar and Nicaragua, earned their positions almost entirely due to the ineptitude of their rulers. It should come as no surprise that eight of the 10 worst economies also were in the bottom quartile of countries in Transparency International’s Global Corruption Perceptions Index, with Guinea, Kyrgyzstan and Venezuela scoring close to the bottom. - Forbes

@ Beaf, FuKC U.
Re: Forbes Magazine Exposes Prof Ayittey's Hypocrisy After Mocking Jonathan by amosy007: 5:01pm On Jun 30, 2012

1000 likes
Re: Forbes Magazine Exposes Prof Ayittey's Hypocrisy After Mocking Jonathan by PetroDolla: 5:02pm On Jun 30, 2012
if nigeria is an elephant then what a foolish elephant nigeria is.a big-for nothing huge piece of meat that can be useful feeding some starving people in somalia.Ghana has proved so often that it's not about size,its about being smart. How come a country of 200 million can't select 11 players that can beat a country of only 25 m in football, for example? bunch of losers. Just accept the fact that your country is incredibly f-ucked!truth can be bitter.
and what are those 'deep crises facing Ghana right now?'Lying bastard.

publisher: [size=13pt]Take it or Leave it,the Ghanaian professor was sponsored by Sahara reporters and other anti-GEJ elements in order to pollute the good reviews GEJ got from his recent media chat.

Re: Forbes Magazine Exposes Prof Ayittey's Hypocrisy After Mocking Jonathan by damilola15: 5:04pm On Jun 30, 2012
To some extent the forbes article though old is true. For instance, as of 2007, the value of a unit of Ghana's currency was more than a dollar, now it's nearly half a dollar. That being said, how does it relate to what Ayittey said about Nigeria a few weeks ago. That article was about economy only while the man spoke on a lot of issues. Most of the things he said were on point. It's any one's choice to accept it not but it wouldn't change fact.
Re: Forbes Magazine Exposes Prof Ayittey's Hypocrisy After Mocking Jonathan by PetroDolla: 5:09pm On Jun 30, 2012
nigerians don't insult presidents of other countries,right?
Ozonna: $

If the Prof criticised our economy alone, no problem. However,to insult our President was
Crossing the line.Buhari has never insulted GEJ neither has El Rufai. The opposition have never insulted GEJ (except during election) so y should a foreigner? An African Americanman can call his fellow black man "NIGGA" no problem but a White American can't cos it's offensive/racial comment to do so.

Therefore, its the exclusive preserve of "Nigerians" to insult Pres.GEJ.
Re: Forbes Magazine Exposes Prof Ayittey's Hypocrisy After Mocking Jonathan by Tisa: 5:12pm On Jun 30, 2012
Sanity or insanity of a man can only be medically proven. I am no permitted to call my fellow man insane except pronounced by the court (after medical proof). I am not so impressed with GEJ policies and his handling of the economy so far (it may change tomorrow) however he is my president and GOD forbid me supporting anyone that calls my president insane, for Christ sake he is representing 150million Nigerians. No matter what wrong he has done Mr. Ayittey (not worthy of being called a professor) should tender his unreserved apology to our president and to Nigerians as well and his professorship shd be revoked.

That's just the way I feel he shd leave us to sort our issues out just as nigeria left the ghanians to sort theirs in d 80s.
Re: Forbes Magazine Exposes Prof Ayittey's Hypocrisy After Mocking Jonathan by omenziate(m): 5:19pm On Jun 30, 2012
Nigerians are quick to hurl insults at Jonathan and its cool but wen a foreigner does dat, we all feel uneasy. Make una dey deceive unaself, weda d guy is red indian, navajo or indonesian , it doesn't change d fact dat Jonathan is Clueless and an opportunist who crawled into power. and he is dumb as a bucket of shrimp.
Re: Forbes Magazine Exposes Prof Ayittey's Hypocrisy After Mocking Jonathan by lucabrasi(m): 5:33pm On Jun 30, 2012
as usual the classic divide and rule tactics mastered by the colonialists and still being used to divide stupid ignorant africans!!
the fact that anyone will celebrate this and somehow castigate prof ayyitey as if he is the cause of ghana's problem baffles me no end.
the man has told us the hard,bitter truth lets stop dancing around issues and chasing shadows and face our issues..

the ghana that you are posting rubbish articles about is one of the places nigerians are running to,it has gotten to the stage where they have imposed border line draconian economic hurdles aimed at discouraging foreigners especially nigerians but our people have refused to leave.same for their universities and other higher institutions call your leaders to order and leave the prof alone!
Re: Forbes Magazine Exposes Prof Ayittey's Hypocrisy After Mocking Jonathan by obailala(m): 5:38pm On Jun 30, 2012
Before we continue in this argument, I have a question to ask. Did the prof actually call GEJ a lunatic??

I thought he was just reading a passage in the Nigerian constitution?? undecided

Look, this GEJ guy is a joke – a meretricious mediocrity. Nigerians deserve a better leader. Fancy his statements and responses to questions in a media chat on June 24, 2012:

• He has not visited Borno state, the center of Boko Haram attacks, because the airport there was not functional at the time he planned to visit. "And we did not want to land somewhere and fly in to Maiduguri with a helicopter for obvious reasons."

[Why is the airport not functioning? Why hasn’t it been fixed? And are there no ROADS into Borno State?]

• Asked why he had not declared his assets, Mr. Jonathan replied in an impatient tone, stating “I don’t give a damn” about declaration of assets. He related that he had gone to the late President Umaru Yar’Adua to caution “that we should not play to the hands of some people [by openly declaring their assets].” Mr. Jonathan added, “That is a matter of principle and I am not going to declare. It is not the president declaring his asset that will end Boko Haram.”
• The president said it’s a matter of principle and whether he is criticised from "head to toe" he will not declare his assets. "It is not right," he said. "I didn't want even want to declare my assets as VP" but was forced by the then president, Umara Musa Yar'Adua. He said asset declaration is "not the right thing to do."

[Damn it, it is a constitutional requirement to declare your assets, Mr. President. See Chapter VI, Part 1, Section 140 of Nigeria’s Constitution: “Declaration of assets and liabilities, oaths of President.” And what the hell has Boko Haram got to do with declaration of assets?]

• Agriculture: The president said his government is revolutionizing agriculture in Nigeria."We are giving cotton seeds free in the North" he said.

[This is the most crass definition of an “agricultural revolution” – by providing free seeds.]

• The President said the government is doing very well in railway construction. "You may not know, but we are working," he said. He added that his government has made a "significant progress" in railway construction. "You should commend us," he adds.

[What “significant progress” has been made in railway construction? How many Nigerians are working on railway construction with the contract given to Chinese firms?]

• UNILAG name change: The president said what he did, in terms of law, was correct. You change the name first, then send the bill to the National Assembly later, he argues. "What we did, was the normal procedure," he said.

[No, Mr. Presient, you had it backward. Before you change the name of University of Lagos (UNILAG), you consult with the university and the student body, which you did NOT do.]

• Crude Oil Theft: "The stealing of crude oil is a Nigerian phenomenon," the president said. He adds that it has gone cancerous. "We will stop it, but it is like allowing a cancerous cell to grow into a major tumor."

[Mr. President, theft of crude oil is a CRIME, not a “Nigerian phenomenon or a disease afflicting Nigerians. Describing it that way means you are CLUELESS about how to solve it.]

Nigerians should not put up with such mediocrity and should mount a RECALL GEJ campaign.
They should check Chapter VI of their Constitution. See Sections 143 and 144 about removing the President and Vice-President from office other than through elections.

137; 1c: “A person shall not be qualified for election to the office of President if under the law in any part of Nigeria, he is adjudged to be a lunatic or otherwise declared to be of unsound mind.” Link: http:///MSxUws
Original link: http://www.twitlonger.com/show/i0q1fk

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rebecca Sharibu, Leah Sharibu's Mother: My Worst Moment Was Day I Dreamt About.. / Political Appointment Saga: Seun Onigbinde Cannot Leave Twitter — Budgit’s Spoke / Nigerian Police Removing Remains After Killing Protester In Ibafo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.