Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,950 members, 7,814,226 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:20 AM

The Inconsistences Of The Theories Of Evolution - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Inconsistences Of The Theories Of Evolution (10412 Views)

The Period Of Wet Sahara Connected To Genesis? Theories / Pope Endorses Theories Of Evolution And Big Bang / Israel Bone Discovery Could Upset Theories Of Human Origin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Inconsistences Of The Theories Of Evolution by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jul 02, 2012
thehomer:

No I don't know that he was talking about a soul. In fact, what you mean by "soul" may be different from what Deep Sight would mean by "soul" if it is what he was talking about.

Besides, is that what you think differentiates you from other animals?

Do animals have a soul? An inner sense that is capable of retrospection?
Re: The Inconsistences Of The Theories Of Evolution by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jul 02, 2012
davidylan:
Might that be why elephants have been known to kill each other? undecided If you have no argument its better to stop being desperate.

Maybe they are violating their moral codes. You need to find out.
Re: The Inconsistences Of The Theories Of Evolution by thehomer: 7:57pm On Jul 02, 2012
davidylan:

Again quite daft. Deepsight was making a valid point. Humans have the remarkable ability of all animals on earth to possess a unique form of cognitive intelligence that animals lack. For example... do elephants have a moral code of conduct?

Is this unique form of cognitive intelligence a soul?
Re: The Inconsistences Of The Theories Of Evolution by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jul 02, 2012
Martian:

Maybe they are violating their moral codes. You need to find out.

Or maybe they have none no? Have you seen an elephant arresting another for random killings? Dude you're just being deliberately argumentative just for the sake of it. I wont humor you.

1 Like

Re: The Inconsistences Of The Theories Of Evolution by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jul 02, 2012
thehomer:

Is this unique form of cognitive intelligence a soul?

No its not, just one more in a long list of unique features that set humans apart.
Re: The Inconsistences Of The Theories Of Evolution by thehomer: 7:58pm On Jul 02, 2012
davidylan:

Do animals have a soul? An inner sense that is capable of retrospection?

Is this ability of retrospection a soul? Also, do you mean retrospection or introspection?
Re: The Inconsistences Of The Theories Of Evolution by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jul 02, 2012
thehomer:

Is this ability of retrospection a soul? Also, do you mean retrospection or introspection?

Introspection sorry.

and no it is not the same as a soul.
Re: The Inconsistences Of The Theories Of Evolution by thehomer: 8:00pm On Jul 02, 2012
Ishilove:
He's been deliberately dense

You're back again it seems. Without the inconsistencies of the theory of evolution I might add.
Why don't you run along and gather these inconsistencies?
Re: The Inconsistences Of The Theories Of Evolution by thehomer: 8:03pm On Jul 02, 2012
davidylan:

No its not, just one more in a long list of unique features that set humans apart.

The elephant trunk is one thing in a long list of unique features that sets them apart.
Re: The Inconsistences Of The Theories Of Evolution by thehomer: 8:04pm On Jul 02, 2012
davidylan:

Introspection sorry.

and no it is not the same as a soul.

Since you began with it, what is a soul?
Re: The Inconsistences Of The Theories Of Evolution by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jul 02, 2012
thehomer:

The elephant trunk is one thing in a long list of unique features that sets them apart.

Again being deliberately obtuse.
Re: The Inconsistences Of The Theories Of Evolution by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jul 02, 2012
thehomer:

It would be a waste of time since you are quite clearly not amenable to any explanation outside the realm of humanist thought.
Re: The Inconsistences Of The Theories Of Evolution by thehomer: 8:21pm On Jul 02, 2012
davidylan:

Again being deliberately obtuse.

How? You can go back to where Deep Sight joined the discussion and read what he wrote. He simply said that there was something humans had that other animals didn't. I point out that there is something some animal has that others don't.
I'm simply trying to find out how a unique organ demonstrates an inconsistency with the theory of evolution.
Re: The Inconsistences Of The Theories Of Evolution by thehomer: 8:23pm On Jul 02, 2012
davidylan:

It would be a waste of time since you are quite clearly not amenable to any explanation outside the realm of humanist thought.

Try me.
Unless of course you have a nagging doubt that you don't understand your explanation or that your explanation wouldn't be satisfactory to one who doesn't already accept your own point of view totally.
Re: The Inconsistences Of The Theories Of Evolution by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jul 02, 2012
davidylan:
Or maybe they have none no? Have you seen an elephant arresting another for random killings? Dude you're just being deliberately argumentative just for the sake of it. I wont humor you.

lmao, have you seen a human naturally blending into his environment?? Just like you project your human sentiments to the universe as a whole and created god in your image, you are doing the same thing to animals by judging them according to your own human standard.

Anyway, Im ahead of you. As you can see, i was already joking when deepsight made the statement.
Re: The Inconsistences Of The Theories Of Evolution by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jul 02, 2012
thehomer:

'

Don't expect anything coherent. The soul is made of the same substance as god. Bullsh#t.
Re: The Inconsistences Of The Theories Of Evolution by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jul 02, 2012
thehomer:

How? You can go back to where Deep Sight joined the discussion and read what he wrote. He simply said that there was something humans had that other animals didn't. I point out that there is something some animal has that others don't.
I'm simply trying to find out how a unique organ demonstrates an inconsistency with the theory of evolution.

Obviously he wasnt refering to a unique organ. Seriously get real.
Re: The Inconsistences Of The Theories Of Evolution by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jul 02, 2012
thehomer:

Try me.
Unless of course you have a nagging doubt that you don't understand your explanation or that your explanation wouldn't be satisfactory to one who doesn't already accept your own point of view totally.

I've known you for over 2 yrs... explaining a concept that has spiritual undertones is a wasted exercise with you.
Re: The Inconsistences Of The Theories Of Evolution by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jul 02, 2012
Martian: '

Don't expect anything coherent. The soul is made of the same substance as god. Bullsh#t.

and we are to believe you have been coherent so far? undecided
Re: The Inconsistences Of The Theories Of Evolution by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jul 02, 2012
Martian:

lmao, have you seen a human naturally blending into his environment?? Just like you project your human sentiments to the universe as a whole and created god in your image, you are doing the same thing to animals by judging them according to your own human standard.

Anyway, Im ahead of you. As you can see, i was already joking when deepsight made the statement.

Perhaps i might be more interested in listening to you the day a rat is smart enough to build an aircraft.
Re: The Inconsistences Of The Theories Of Evolution by thehomer: 8:30pm On Jul 02, 2012
Martian: '

I'd rather let him try before coming to that conclusion.
I've become more patient when dealing with these sorts of issues.
Re: The Inconsistences Of The Theories Of Evolution by thehomer: 8:31pm On Jul 02, 2012
davidylan:

Obviously he wasnt refering to a unique organ. Seriously get real.

Well it wasn't obvious to me. Since you think that this thing is a soul, then we just have to discuss it.
Re: The Inconsistences Of The Theories Of Evolution by thehomer: 8:34pm On Jul 02, 2012
davidylan:

I've known you for over 2 yrs... explaining a concept that has spiritual undertones is a wasted exercise with you.

That isn't quite true. Maybe we both have a different understanding of what the word "spiritual" connotes.
If you understood the spiritual much better, then I'm sure you would be able to do a good job in explaining what you mean and showing that it is actually there.
Re: The Inconsistences Of The Theories Of Evolution by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jul 02, 2012
davidylan:

and we are to believe you have been coherent so far? undecided

The idea you propose is a joke, so what do you expect?
Re: The Inconsistences Of The Theories Of Evolution by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jul 02, 2012
davidylan:

Perhaps i might be more interested in listening to you the day a rat is smart enough to build an aircraft.

First, we have to find out if they have a moral code and if it's anything like the Elephants'.
Re: The Inconsistences Of The Theories Of Evolution by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jul 02, 2012
davidylan:

I think that was a good answer to your question about the "elephant police" arresting murderous elephants..........Ive actually seen this happen before. cool
Re: The Inconsistences Of The Theories Of Evolution by Ishilove: 8:45pm On Jul 02, 2012
thehomer:

You're back again it seems. Without the inconsistencies of the theory of evolution I might add.
Why don't you run along and gather these inconsistencies?
You are not serious
Re: The Inconsistences Of The Theories Of Evolution by logicboy01: 8:49pm On Jul 02, 2012
Ishilove:
You are not serious

Sharaap and make your arguments against eveloution, instead of copy and paste
Re: The Inconsistences Of The Theories Of Evolution by Ishilove: 8:50pm On Jul 02, 2012
davidylan:
explaining a concept that has spiritual undertones is a wasted exercise with you.
Experience has taught me this,so i have long stopped involving myself in any form of argument or debate with them because it is an exercise in futility
Re: The Inconsistences Of The Theories Of Evolution by logicboy01: 8:52pm On Jul 02, 2012
Ishilove:
Experience has taught me this,so i have long stopped involving myself in any form of argument or debate with them because it is an exercise in futility

You claim that God can not be understood by logic. Wouldnt that make God illogical and for the delusional?
Re: The Inconsistences Of The Theories Of Evolution by thehomer: 8:52pm On Jul 02, 2012
Ishilove:
You are not serious

Oh but I am. Why don't you read your firs post on this thread?
Re: The Inconsistences Of The Theories Of Evolution by Ishilove: 8:53pm On Jul 02, 2012
logicboy01:

Sharaap and make your arguments against eveloution, instead of copy and paste
U sef sharaap and go learn proper spelling. It is EVOLUTION,not eveoloution or woteva it is you were trying to spell up there cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

CAN Asks President Buhari To Ban Miyetti Allah / How Does One Attain Sexual Purity? / Where to buy Maca Root Powder, Sea salt, Oregano, Rosemary in Lagos State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.