Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,920 members, 7,814,097 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:43 AM

The Inconsistences Of The Theories Of Evolution - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Inconsistences Of The Theories Of Evolution (10411 Views)

The Period Of Wet Sahara Connected To Genesis? Theories / Pope Endorses Theories Of Evolution And Big Bang / Israel Bone Discovery Could Upset Theories Of Human Origin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Inconsistences Of The Theories Of Evolution by UyiIredia(m): 9:46am On Jul 06, 2012
thehomer:

Where does the theory talk about natural process in vacuo giving rise to advanced lifeforms?

It does that by saying natural selection & random mutation gave rise to the DNA code.

thehomer: Can you please expatiate?

On what ?

thehomer: Which particular paper are you referring to? And make sure you've actually read the paper yourself.

Any one of them. I've read SOME of the papers myself as well.

thehomer: How do you know that what they're saying is nonsense?

Because codes don't arise naturally. In everyday experience codes are a result of intelligence.

thehomer: What am I supposed to get from the article? And have you read it?
You've also not pointed out the problems that the laws of heredity pose for the natural selection.

Read the article.
Re: The Inconsistences Of The Theories Of Evolution by thehomer: 12:01pm On Jul 06, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

It does that by saying natural selection & random mutation gave rise to the DNA code.

That isn't what the theory of evolution does. I'm tired of repeating to you what it actually does.

Uyi Iredia:
On what ?

On your response "they aren't".

Uyi Iredia:
Any one of them. I've read SOME of the papers myself as well.

If you're serious about a discussion, you'll pick the paper that you think best demonstrates what you wish to discuss, read it, post a link to it and tell us what you think it says rather than nebulously pointing at "some papers".

Uyi Iredia:
Because codes don't arise naturally. In everyday experience codes are a result of intelligence.

You do realize that DNA is a molecule.

Uyi Iredia:
Read the article.

After you've read it and said what you think it says. I won't waste my time reading an article you've not read yourself.
Re: The Inconsistences Of The Theories Of Evolution by thehomer: 7:24pm On Jul 06, 2012
Deep Sight:

On science, I really don'y know what your qualifications are, but, at the risk of sounding as though I am appealing to authority, Davidylan is a scientific Phd holder.

Just so you know.

Hey Mr. Deep Sight, can you follow this link to see what your golden boy Ph.D holder is saying?
Re: The Inconsistences Of The Theories Of Evolution by Ishilove: 10:47pm On Jul 06, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

This very correct.

Now my arguing brethren,let’s take a journey deep into the cells of all living organisms. This will be unlike any journey you have ever taken before grin.

Immediately, we see a world of such exquisite detail, design, complexity, inter-dependence and specificity as to boggle the mind. Let’s paint a picture.

Amino acids must link together to form a chain, thus making a protein. Notice: “Yet, amino acids form functioning proteins only when they adopt very specific sequential arrangements…like properly sequenced letters in an English sentence. Thus, amino acids alone do not make proteins any more than letters alone make…poetry. In both cases, the sequencing of the constituent parts determines the function [or lack of function] of the whole. Explaining the origin of the specific sequencing of proteins (and DNA) lies at the heart of the current crisis in materialistic evolutionary thinking” (Stephen C. Meyer, DNA And Other Designs, p. 9). (Emphasis mine)

A brief discussion of proteins and sequencing is necessary. Proteins must appear in exact sequences to cause specific chemical reactions or build specific structures within the cells. This action is called specificity. It is because of specificity that proteins cannot substitute for one another. They are as different in purpose as an axe, a drill, a hammer and a screwdriver.

This extensive quote summarizes the enormous difficulty of believing that DNA happened by chance: “The complexity and intricacy of the DNA molecule—combined with the staggering amount of chemically-coded information it contains—speak unerringly to the fact that this ‘supermolecule’ simply could not have happened by blind chance.

Dr Andrews observed that “It is not possible for a code, of any kind, to arise by chance or accident…A code is the work of an intelligent mind. Even the cleverest dog or chimpanzee could not work out a code of any kind. It is obvious then that chance cannot do it…This could no more have been the work of chance or accident than could the ‘Moonlight Sonata’ be played by mice running up and down the keyboard of my piano,or "Adagio in C minor" by Yanni! (emp added by me grin). Codes do not arise from chaos,” (Andrews, E.H.,2008, From Nothing to Nature, pp. 28-29). End quote grin

Here is a second statement: “Indeed, codes do not arise from chaos.The more statistically improbable a thing is, the less we can believe that it just happened by blind chance. Superficially, the obvious alternative to chance is an intelligent Designer’ (1982, p. 130, emp.Added). That is the exact point the theist is making: an intelligent Designer is demanded by the evidence” (Bert Thompson, Ph.D., The Case For The Existence of God [Part II]).

Interesting...

Let's go further. Dr. Carl Sagan wrote an article for the Encyclopedia Britannica about DNA. He said, “The information content of a simple cell has been estimated at around (one trillion) bits.” He then went on to explain the enormity of this number by stating, “…that if one were to count every letter of every word of every book in the world’s largest library (over ten million volumes), the final tally would be approximately a trillion letters. Thus, a single cell contains the equivalent information content…of more than ten million volumes” (“Life on Earth,” Vol. 10).

In conclusion folks, regarding DNA, we can see that nothing works unless EVERYTHING works at the same time. It could not have gradually come into existence. Special creation, super and DIVINE intelligence is required for DNA to exist!
Re: The Inconsistences Of The Theories Of Evolution by Nobody: 4:42am On Jul 07, 2012
thehomer:

Hey Mr. Deep Sight, can you follow this link to see what your golden boy Ph.D holder is saying?

I guess PhD holders have no right to a religious viewpoint even if it sounds crazy? grin
Re: The Inconsistences Of The Theories Of Evolution by thehomer: 7:49am On Jul 07, 2012
davidylan:

I guess PhD holders have no right to a religious viewpoint even if it sounds crazy? grin

That too isn't the point. The point is actually to show that having a Ph.D is no guarantee that the person cannot spew forth bullcrap. After all, Nobel laureates have been known to do that.
Re: The Inconsistences Of The Theories Of Evolution by thehomer: 8:05am On Jul 07, 2012
Why don't you go back and respond to the comments I made on your previous response?

Ishilove:
This very correct.

Now my arguing brethren,let’s take a journey deep into the cells of all living organisms. This will be unlike any journey you have ever taken before grin.

Immediately, we see a world of such exquisite detail, design, complexity, inter-dependence and specificity as to boggle the mind. Let’s paint a picture.

Amino acids must link together to form a chain, thus making a protein. Notice: “Yet, amino acids form functioning proteins only when they adopt very specific sequential arrangements…like properly sequenced letters in an English sentence. Thus, amino acids alone do not make proteins any more than letters alone make…poetry. In both cases, the sequencing of the constituent parts determines the function [or lack of function] of the whole. Explaining the origin of the specific sequencing of proteins (and DNA) lies at the heart of the current crisis in materialistic evolutionary thinking” (Stephen C. Meyer, DNA And Other Designs, p. 9). (Emphasis mine)

Actually, that is what is being worked on by scientists. This is just a fancy way of saying that non-living things couldn't have arisen by natural processes. That isn't what the theory of evolution addresses. What it addresses is the diversity of life on earth.

Ishilove:
A brief discussion of proteins and sequencing is necessary. Proteins must appear in exact sequences to cause specific chemical reactions or build specific structures within the cells. This action is called specificity. It is because of specificity that proteins cannot substitute for one another. They are as different in purpose as an axe, a drill, a hammer and a screwdriver.

This extensive quote summarizes the enormous difficulty of believing that DNA happened by chance: “The complexity and intricacy of the DNA molecule—combined with the staggering amount of chemically-coded information it contains—speak unerringly to the fact that this ‘supermolecule’ simply could not have happened by blind chance.

Are you talking about DNA or proteins? I ask because there are proteins known as isoenzymes. They actually differ in their sequences yet catalyze the same reactions sometimes at different rates. Their expressions can be affected by the environment.
On nuclear material, you need to realize that there is also RNA which can act both as an enzyme and as genetic material.

Ishilove:
Dr Andrews observed that “It is not possible for a code, of any kind, to arise by chance or accident…A code is the work of an intelligent mind. Even the cleverest dog or chimpanzee could not work out a code of any kind. It is obvious then that chance cannot do it…This could no more have been the work of chance or accident than could the ‘Moonlight Sonata’ be played by mice running up and down the keyboard of my piano,or "Adagio in C minor" by Yanni! (emp added by me grin). Codes do not arise from chaos,” (Andrews, E.H.,2008, From Nothing to Nature, pp. 28-29). End quote grin

This quote is pointless. It simply confuses music for the notes (which are codified) and it confuses a molecule for its representation (which is also codified).

Ishilove:
Here is a second statement: “Indeed, codes do not arise from chaos.The more statistically improbable a thing is, the less we can believe that it just happened by blind chance. Superficially, the obvious alternative to chance is an intelligent Designer’ (1982, p. 130, emp.Added). That is the exact point the theist is making: an intelligent Designer is demanded by the evidence” (Bert Thompson, Ph.D., The Case For The Existence of God [Part II]).

To introduce an intelligent designer you must have some idea about this designer.

Ishilove:
Interesting...

Let's go further. Dr. Carl Sagan wrote an article for the Encyclopedia Britannica about DNA. He said, “The information content of a simple cell has been estimated at around (one trillion) bits.” He then went on to explain the enormity of this number by stating, “…that if one were to count every letter of every word of every book in the world’s largest library (over ten million volumes), the final tally would be approximately a trillion letters. Thus, a single cell contains the equivalent information content…of more than ten million volumes” (“Life on Earth,” Vol. 10).

In conclusion folks, regarding DNA, we can see that nothing works unless EVERYTHING works at the same time. It could not have gradually come into existence. Special creation, super and DIVINE intelligence is required for DNA to exist!

The Carl Sagan quote doesn't help you especially when one knows that he wasn't an intelligent design creationist. We already know that the information content in cells when codified is huge.
Re: The Inconsistences Of The Theories Of Evolution by Enigma(m): 8:11am On Jul 07, 2012
davidylan:

When people go on about another person's PhD in that kind of manner, there is usually an amount of envy and/or jealousy. wink

cool

1 Like

Re: The Inconsistences Of The Theories Of Evolution by Ishilove: 1:05pm On Jul 07, 2012
thehomer: Why don't you go back and respond to the comments I made on your previous response?

Actually, that is what is being worked on by scientists. This is just a fancy way of saying that non-living things couldn't have arisen by natural processes. That isn't what the theory of evolution addresses. What it addresses is the diversity of life on earth.

Are you talking about DNA or proteins? I ask because there are proteins known as isoenzymes. They actually differ in their sequences yet catalyze the same reactions sometimes at different rates. Their expressions can be affected by the environment.
On nuclear material, you need to realize that there is also RNA which can act both as an enzyme and as genetic material.

This quote is pointless. It simply confuses music for the notes (which are codified) and it confuses a molecule for its representation (which is also codified).

To introduce an intelligent designer you must have some idea about this designer.

The Carl Sagan quote doesn't help you especially when one knows that he wasn't an intelligent design creationist. We already know that the information content in cells when codified is huge.
The thing is,Mr thehomer I don't have your boundless energy for argument and debate. It wasn't even my intention to post this much but you atheists have a way of ruffling one's feathers with your endless rationalisation(s) that get us nowhere,so I find myself posting even though I know from experience that it is an exercise in futility. undecided

And as for the music quote,hey it aint my fault you're a philistine. I enjoy arts and music and incorporate it into most things I do.

Believe it or not but I have a personal relationship with the Intelligent Designer Himself,so Mr Oga,I know what I am talking about,no debte about that. Est-ce que vous comprenez ce que je veux dire?
Re: The Inconsistences Of The Theories Of Evolution by thehomer: 2:57pm On Jul 07, 2012
Ishilove:
The thing is,Mr thehomer I don't have your boundless energy for argument and debate. It wasn't even my intention to post this much but you atheists have a way of ruffling one's feathers with your endless rationalisation(s) that get us nowhere,so I find myself posting even though I know from experience that it is an exercise in futility. undecided

So what was your intention? To make a declaration that we should all believe without investigating it? Sorry but that won't fly.

Ishilove:
And as for the music quote,hey it aint my fault you're a philistine. I enjoy arts and music and incorporate it into most things I do.

Here, you seem unable to understand the point of your own post. You presented music as being a code. But you see, music isn't a code, it consists of notes that can be codified using certain rules.

Ishilove:
Believe it or not but I have a personal relationship with the Intelligent Designer Himself,so Mr Oga,I know what I am talking about,no debte about that. Est-ce que vous comprenez ce que je veux dire?

Of course you do have a personal relationship with the intelligent designer. While you have this relationship, what can you tell us about this designer that one can hold on to rather than just nebulous platitudes?
Yes I understand what you're saying - the question is do you?
Re: The Inconsistences Of The Theories Of Evolution by Ishilove: 4:23pm On Jul 07, 2012
thehomer:

Here, you seem unable to understand the point of your own post. You presented music as being a code. But you see, music isn't a code, it consists of notes that can be codified using certain rules.

Go back and read it again because you misinterpreting it very badly. I am very much aware that music consists of notes,thank you very much. I DID NOT present music as a code, rather,I am trying to highlight the improbability of ANY kind of code (be it DNA etc) occuring by chance as evolution theories try to make us believe,by directly comparing it to a mouse belting out classics from a musical instrument. AN IMPOSSIBILITY.

Stop twisting my words,you philistine angry
Re: The Inconsistences Of The Theories Of Evolution by Kay17: 5:12pm On Jul 07, 2012
Ishilove:
This very correct.

Interesting...

Yes man through his intelligence expresses creativity and complexity, however; man met a natural world with its own breathtaking complexity. Its preposterous and premature to claim Nature and its diversity is solely a result of intelligence because it is SIMILAR to man made objects!
Re: The Inconsistences Of The Theories Of Evolution by Kay17: 5:22pm On Jul 07, 2012
. .
Re: The Inconsistences Of The Theories Of Evolution by thehomer: 6:11pm On Jul 07, 2012
Ishilove:
Go back and read it again because you misinterpreting it very badly. I am very much aware that music consists of notes,thank you very much. I DID NOT present music as a code, rather,I am trying to highlight the improbability of ANY kind of code (be it DNA etc) occuring by chance as evolution theories try to make us believe,by directly comparing it to a mouse belting out classics from a musical instrument. AN IMPOSSIBILITY.

If you weren't presenting music as a code, then why were you trying to highlight the improbability of any kind of code occurring by chance? Besides, the theory of evolution isn't just governed by chance you know.
Then, are you also saying that mice are unintelligent? Or do you mean that they're not as intelligent as people?

Ishilove:
Stop twisting my words,you philistine angry

I wasn't twisting your words, I think you need to first try to get a clear idea of what you're trying to say.
Re: The Inconsistences Of The Theories Of Evolution by Ishilove: 7:36pm On Jul 07, 2012
thehomer:

If you weren't presenting music as a code, then why were you trying to highlight the improbability of any kind of code occurring by chance? Besides, the theory of evolution isn't just governed by chance you know.
Then, are you also saying that mice are unintelligent? Or do you mean that they're not as intelligent as people?

I wasn't twisting your words, I think you need to first try to get a clear idea of what you're trying to say.
Mice are intelligent,but incapable of composing music.
I perfectly understand what I am saying,sir
Re: The Inconsistences Of The Theories Of Evolution by Ishilove: 7:41pm On Jul 07, 2012
Blast it,music isn't the issue here!! I was making use of a literary device called 'simile' when I made the quote. Go figure angry
Re: The Inconsistences Of The Theories Of Evolution by thehomer: 8:04pm On Jul 07, 2012
Ishilove: Blast it,music isn't the issue here!! I was making use of a literary device called 'simile' when I made the quote. Go figure angry

I take it that you wish to disregard the previous post. In that case, you have to realize that music or other human creations are not appropriate for you to use in your example.
Secondly, We are discussing scientific issues not literature so you would need to avoid using literary devices and instead clearly state what you're trying to say.
Re: The Inconsistences Of The Theories Of Evolution by justcool(m): 8:08pm On Jul 07, 2012
Re: The Inconsistences Of The Theories Of Evolution by Ishilove: 8:09pm On Jul 07, 2012
thehomer:

I take it that you wish to disregard the previous post. In that case, you have to realize that music or other human creations are not appropriate for you to use in your example.
Secondly, We are discussing scientific issues not literature so you would need to avoid using literary devices and instead clearly state what you're trying to say.
Are you a lawyer?? You are so relentless

I am an artist, so I can't help using literary devices when I write.
Re: The Inconsistences Of The Theories Of Evolution by Ishilove: 8:14pm On Jul 07, 2012
thehomer:

I take it that you wish to disregard the previous post.
This "previous post" you have been hammering on since sef. Please redirect me to it
Re: The Inconsistences Of The Theories Of Evolution by thehomer: 8:19pm On Jul 07, 2012
justcool: https://www.nairaland.com/371029/evolution-myth-god-question

Do you really want to resurrect that thread?
Re: The Inconsistences Of The Theories Of Evolution by thehomer: 8:22pm On Jul 07, 2012
Ishilove:
Are you a lawyer?? You are so relentless

I am an artist, so I can't help using literary devices when I write.

I like learning, understanding ideas and introducing people to ideas they may not have considered.
When discussing on scientific issues and you wish to clearly pass across some information, it would be done better if you avoided such literary devices.

Besides, I have some free time now.
Re: The Inconsistences Of The Theories Of Evolution by thehomer: 8:26pm On Jul 07, 2012
Ishilove:
This "previous post" you have been hammering on since sef. Please redirect me to it

I meant this one.

Ishilove:
Mice are intelligent,but incapable of composing music.
I perfectly understand what I am saying,sir

Using mice and music as an example is simply terrible if you wish to make an analogy with DNA or codes.

1 Like

Re: The Inconsistences Of The Theories Of Evolution by justcool(m): 10:19pm On Jul 07, 2012
thehomer:

Do you really want to resurrect that thread?

LOL. Why not my friend? Are you sceared?
Re: The Inconsistences Of The Theories Of Evolution by Ishilove: 11:32pm On Jul 07, 2012
thehomer:

I meant this one.

Using mice and music as an example is simply terrible if you wish to make an analogy with DNA or codes.
Lol. Okay,noted cheesy
Re: The Inconsistences Of The Theories Of Evolution by thehomer: 6:43am On Jul 08, 2012
justcool:

LOL. Why not my friend? Are you sceared?

Not at all. I just wonder what else you would like to add to the thread considering all that went down on the thread.
Re: The Inconsistences Of The Theories Of Evolution by UyiIredia(m): 1:44pm On Jul 10, 2012
thehomer:

That isn't what the theory of evolution does. I'm tired of repeating to you what it actually does.

I'm also tired of repeating to you that OOL concerns evolution.

thehomer: On your response "they aren't".

Be more specific.

thehomer: If you're serious about a discussion, you'll pick the paper that you think best demonstrates what you wish to discuss, read it, post a link to it and tell us what you think it says rather than nebulously pointing at "some papers".

I've done that before recall the topic "Descedant Of Apes". The response was still the same as now.

thehomer: You do realize that DNA is a molecule.

You do realize this molecule contains a code in the same way your hard drive contains your OS (a code).

thehomer: After you've read it and said what you think it says. I won't waste my time reading an article you've not read yourself.

I've read it. I won't post an article I've not read. You read it and stop being lazy.

1 Like

Re: The Inconsistences Of The Theories Of Evolution by thehomer: 7:22pm On Jul 10, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

I'm also tired of repeating to you that OOL concerns evolution.

This is obviously an ignorant response.

Uyi Iredia:
Be more specific.

I really don't have time for the useless games you're trying to play. If you're too lazy to scroll back up and follow the thread, then you're probably too lazy to continue discussion.

Uyi Iredia:
I've done that before recall the topic "Descedant Of Apes". The response was still the same as now.

Is that a paper that helps you? If it contains a paper, then how hard is it for you to post a link to it here?

Uyi Iredia:
You do realize this molecule contains a code in the same way your hard drive contains your OS (a code).

The molecule doesn't "contain a code" the molecule can be represented as a code. It is obvious that you're yet to understand that distinction.

Uyi Iredia:
I've read it. I won't post an article I've not read. You read it and stop being lazy.

Sorry but I don't entertain such time wasting and laziness. If you cannot demonstrate that you've read it, why should I waste my time telling you what it says?
You seem too tired or distracted to present a sensible response so I'll let you rest until you actually have something to say.
Re: The Inconsistences Of The Theories Of Evolution by FXKing2012(m): 11:46pm On Jul 17, 2012
Ishilove:

Yet, as one geologist wrote, “It must be significant that nearly all the evolutionary stories I learned as student…have been debunked” (Dr. DerekV. Ager, Dept. of Geology, Imperial College, London, The Nature of the Fossil Record, Proceedings of the Geological Assoc., Vol. 87, 1976, pp.1132-1133).

Perhaps the biggest reason that so many theories within the overall theory of evolution collapse is because they contain terrible logic requiring great leaps in faith to believe. Here is one example of a “debunked” theory: “Many evolutionists have tried to argue that humans are 99% similar chemically to apes and blood precipitation tests do indicate that the chimpanzee is people’sclosest relative. Yet regarding this we must observe the following: ‘Milk chemistry indicates that the donkey is man’s closest relative.’ ‘Cholesterol level tests indicate that the garter snake is man’s closest relative.’ ‘Tear enzyme chemistry indicates that the chicken is man’s closest relative.’  ‘On the basis of another type of blood chemistry test, the butter bean is man’s closest relative’” (Morris, Henry M., The Twilight of Evolution, Grand Rapids: BakerBook House, 1967).

Atheists and believers in evolution are just a bunch of confused and lost folks. They need to be found and brought home.
Re: The Inconsistences Of The Theories Of Evolution by UyiIredia(m): 6:39pm On Jul 31, 2012
thehomer:

This is obviously an ignorant response.

which strictly applies to your response.

thehomer: I really don't have time for the useless games you're trying to play. If you're too lazy to scroll back up and follow the thread, then you're probably too lazy to continue discussion.

I see.

thehomer: Is that a paper that helps you? If it contains a paper, then how hard is it for you to post a link to it here?

What's the use if you won't read it.

thehomer: The molecule doesn't "contain a code" the molecule can be represented as a code. It is obvious that you're yet to understand that distinction.

A most ignorant statement. DNA contains a code. Even saying it can be represented as a code is almost saying the same thing I said.

thehomer: Sorry but I don't entertain such time wasting and laziness. If you cannot demonstrate that you've read it, why should I waste my time telling you what it says?
You seem too tired or distracted to present a sensible response so I'll let you rest until you actually have something to say.

You are lazy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

CAN Asks President Buhari To Ban Miyetti Allah / How Does One Attain Sexual Purity? / Where to buy Maca Root Powder, Sea salt, Oregano, Rosemary in Lagos State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.