Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,257 members, 7,818,878 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:10 AM

N46m Trade Fee: Nigeria Suspends Row With Ghana - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N46m Trade Fee: Nigeria Suspends Row With Ghana (6867 Views)

FG Suspends Deduction Of States’ Loans / JUST IN! Buhari Arrives Nigeria, Suspends Aide / Kokori, N-delta APC Leaders Stoking My Row With EFCC —tompolo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N46m Trade Fee: Nigeria Suspends Row With Ghana by Ironi: 4:10pm On Jul 01, 2012
jmaine:

Oga stop this your fake charging abeg . . .when the music goes full swing . .we shall all partake in the dance steps and am certain Nigeria will come out tops as usual grin . . Meanwhile . . . am done catching my trips riling you and your country man up . . .See below cheesy

Hehehehe, typical bloated Nigerian ego.

I'm only giving you some of the reasons which would force Nigerians to be kicked out.

Ghana would have no choice.

Nigerians have rendered their country ungovernable with their lawlessness and a huge population
of Nigerians in Ghana doing trades they are not supposed to be doing is a big no no.

Its only a matter of time.

1 Like

Re: N46m Trade Fee: Nigeria Suspends Row With Ghana by rhymz(m): 4:41pm On Jul 01, 2012
The attitude you see in Ghanaians is borne out of fundamental insecurity and a lack of economic and financial wisdom. The dimwits in the corridors of Ghanaian power think they can emulate South Africa by demonising Nigeria forgetting we hold their economy, supply the fuel, electricity and a general sense of belonging they now seem to have...they forget they are not in the same category as South Africa and can't do without Nigeria like South Africa seemingly can. It's a joke in transition. We are in for a few years of laughter. These half wits are buying into the int'l hype that they are doing well...jokers! Well let every Nigerian thing in ghana move let's see them fall like a stone into water. They should be grateful to have big brothers like Nigerians. They celebrate donkey years of uninterrrupted power, the uninformed citizens with brains the size of a peanut buy into the hype and scorn Nigeria with it forgetting we(Nigeria) give them power for free. Why do we even bother helping these W.African countries so much? they are never grateful. See Liberia, Sierra Leone, Sudan, Ghana etc all they do is player-hate Nigeria...for all we do for them. Fvckin ingrates that deserve nothing but sufferings.
Re: N46m Trade Fee: Nigeria Suspends Row With Ghana by PetroDolla: 4:45pm On Jul 01, 2012
my laughter no reach ma belle abi? Kedo,how market? but seriusly, I'm cool abt d stuff I do here. in typical petrodolla style I can give as much I take.I know your country very,very well.I will surprise you with how much I know and the kind of people I know in your country.but the truth is that your country is seriously sick.and while I understand some of you putting up a brave face abt happenings in your country why haven't nigerians made finding solutions to your problems a priority?people pretend nigerian problems 'll simply go away but they keep getting worse.one little spark,like the army removing Jonathan n nigeria will be in bigger shi t.the signs are not good at all.it's d turn of indigbos in 2015.will d cabal allow it?I doubt it!but its your country n whatever you believe about it is your wahala.let me tell you what happened in 2010.I flew into Accra from Abuja with my American friend. She was in Nigeria for the 2nd time n making her first visit to Ghana.as we were passing through immigration n stuff in Accra,she said something interesting.she said hmm things are much different here.Ghana seems like seeing a rebirth while nigeria is dying a slow death.interprete it any way you want

PROUD-IGBO:

^^^Hehehehe grin grin. That laughter up there no reach ya belle, talk true wink.

I can just picture you hunched over your laptop, face like thunder as you hit the keys in fury, and steam shooting out from both ears like a pressurised vent grin.

2 Likes

Re: N46m Trade Fee: Nigeria Suspends Row With Ghana by 9javoice1(m): 4:50pm On Jul 01, 2012
Note: The end product of envy is wickedness and evil.
most successful ghanians living abroad as early as 70s-80s went their with nigeria nationality. and they are the backbone of ghanians abroad today.
is this how to pay us back.

Are you telling me that all ghanians abroad invested $300,000 to their host country? what if other countries pays them in their own coins?
Every wicked man never see how profitable others to him but only see his profit to other's.

when ghanians flocking nollywood we never mind cus we see them as our little bros,
but when we begin coming to ghollywood it becomes taboo.
during 1969 when ghana deports nigerians, do you ever knew a day will come when you have need of us nor think of the pain of vengance.
My candid advice to ghana gov and ghanians is this " please desist from the mistake of old, cus no man is an island, learn from the past "

History is about to repeat itself again, i can see it clearly

1 Like

Re: N46m Trade Fee: Nigeria Suspends Row With Ghana by 9javoice1(m): 4:56pm On Jul 01, 2012
1) more than 20% of those that hawlk things on nigeria highway are ghanians.
2) more than 25% of people living in AGEGE(lagos nigeria) are ghanians.
3) 30%-35% of shoe shinner's in nigeria are ghananians.
4) 45% of those selling snacks in nigeria street are ghanians.
5) ghanians contributes 0% of nigeria economic growth yet we love them.
6) All ghanians in nigeria pays no tax whereas 80% of nigerian in ghana pays tax one way or the other.
7) ghana has almost 0%-2% of multimillion company in nigeria but nigeria multimillion companies are in ghana,helping ghana economy oneway or another.

2 Likes

Re: N46m Trade Fee: Nigeria Suspends Row With Ghana by 9javoice1(m): 4:57pm On Jul 01, 2012
those saying nigerians are lawless, so if nigerians pay $300,000 to ghana will they be law abiding. you see! envy looms around your post.
why is it that black man find it difficult to welcome his brothers.
S.A blacks are busy sending their brother's packing while the whites,indians,chinese and arabs in SA are busy bringing their ppl in and give them nationality.
Trinidad blacks hates african's so much while their indian folks keep on bringing more indians from india into trinidad.
Re: N46m Trade Fee: Nigeria Suspends Row With Ghana by TheGeneral1(m): 4:59pm On Jul 01, 2012
wildorchid: Three hundred thousand dollars for company registration? Is that a joke?
That money is not supposed to be given to the authorities, It is the minimum amt u can invest in Ghana as a petty trader.

1 Like

Re: N46m Trade Fee: Nigeria Suspends Row With Ghana by PetroDolla: 5:00pm On Jul 01, 2012
what has nigeria done for Ghana apart from deporting 2 miliion of its citizens under very humiliating circumstances in 1983 n 85, and cutting off oil sales.did you say nigeria supplies Ghana free power. Haba,bt who dash una power wey una dey take give Ghana sef?so far we've paid your cursed,miserable country $75 million for gas supplied so far this year.I wouldn't be surprised if you thieving officials have stolen that money as they've done to ur oil money.u should be grateful to Ghanaians for buying d gas that otherwise would have been flared to add to d monumental pollution in your fvcked up shithole.

rhymz: The attitude you see in Ghanaians is borne out of fundamental insecurity and a lack of economic and financial wisdom. The dimwits in the corridors of Ghanaian power think they can emulate South Africa by demonising Nigeria forgetting we hold their economy, supply the fuel, electricity and a general sense of belonging they now seem to have...they forget they are not in the same category as South Africa and can't do without Nigeria like South Africa seemingly can. It's a joke in transition. We are in for a few years of laughter. These half wits are buying into the int'l hype that they are doing well...jokers! Well let every Nigerian thing in ghana move let's see them fall like a stone into water. They should be grateful to have big brothers like Nigerians. They celebrate donkey years of uninterrrupted power, the uninformed citizens with brains the size of a peanut buy into the hype and scorn Nigeria with it forgetting we(Nigeria) give them power for free. Why do we even bother helping these W.African countries so much? they are never grateful. See Liberia, Sierra Leone, Sudan, Ghana etc all they do is player-hate Nigeria...for all we do for them. Fvckin ingrates that deserve nothing but sufferings.

2 Likes

Re: N46m Trade Fee: Nigeria Suspends Row With Ghana by Ironi: 5:01pm On Jul 01, 2012
9ja voice: Note: The end product of envy is wickedness and evil.
most successful ghanians living abroad as early as 70s-80s went their with nigeria nationality. and they are the backbone of ghanians abroad today.
is this how to pay us back.

Are you telling me that all ghanians abroad invested $300,000 to their host country? what if other countries pays them in their own coins?
Every wicked man never see how profitable others to him but only see his profit to other's.

when ghanians flocking into nollywood we never mind cus we see them as our little bros,
but when we begin coming to ghollywood it becomes taboo.
during 1969 when ghana deporting nigerians from ghana, do you never knew a day will come when you have need of us nor think of the pain of vengance.
My candid advice to ghana gov and ghanians is this " please desist from the mistake of old, cus no man is an island, learn from the past "

History is about to repeat itself again, i can see it clearly

Hehehehehe, Ghanaians with Nigerian passport?

Never happened and never would happened.

Ghanaians have been good with their passport and
respected the world over since the 60's when we helped you with your independence till now.

It would be like exchanging Gold for silver.

1 Like

Re: N46m Trade Fee: Nigeria Suspends Row With Ghana by TheGeneral1(m): 5:07pm On Jul 01, 2012
fm7070: Hon. Dabiri is the kind of person we need in the parliament. She's been up to the task.
Foreign countries will begin to respect Nigerians like they will respect American.
Though we are not there yet, but with this kind of proactive steps of Hon. Abike, we will get there.

Ghana government just wanted to take Nigerians for granted. Forgeting that if Nigerians should leave Ghana, their economy will crash down.
Then leave!!

1 Like

Re: N46m Trade Fee: Nigeria Suspends Row With Ghana by TheGeneral1(m): 5:17pm On Jul 01, 2012
keneri: These Ghanians are growing in envy, pomposity and pseudo-courage when it comes to matters concerning Nigeria. Its time we show them who the boss still is. Since they feel we are "contaminating" their economy or country, then lets pull out our big businesses from there e,g GLO, SILVERBIRD...sell or destroy our posh properties acquired there, lets stop recognizing university certificates that originate from there and ask all our naija students to return home...lets stop any form of cooperation in the areas of sports, music, movies etc...lastly, they are more than free to pull out of the ECOWAS treaty. Stupid set of people. Na our govt i dey blame for making us look caricature in front of these lesser humans who shouldn't have the audacity to talk to any Nigerian straight in the face in the first place.
U are a castrated goat! GLO started working just last month, how can they be controlling Ghanaian economy?
Nigerians in general have pride in their population but I am yet to see what that has done to them. It is time u start respecting Ghanaians - you can't even choose your leaders how dare u compare yourself with Ghana.

2 Likes

Re: N46m Trade Fee: Nigeria Suspends Row With Ghana by londoner: 5:27pm On Jul 01, 2012
Nigerians need to relocate back to Nigeria.

The bigger businesses can still carry on activity in Ghana, as they have already satisfied their requirements for entry.

The various state governments in Nigeria need to actively encourage Nigerians abroad, including Ghana to come back home.

They need to create incentives for small business owners in Nigeria.....and actively pursue their engagement.

Whether Ghanaians are right or wrong.......they don't want us there and will continue to remind us of that fact.

If their economy can not handle foreign Africans, then all of us should leave, even the many Nigerians who are law abiding.

The truth is, they want the investment of Obroni only.
Re: N46m Trade Fee: Nigeria Suspends Row With Ghana by beelon1020(m): 6:41pm On Jul 01, 2012
Bros Two Thumbs up for you...Ghana should hire you as their minster of foreign affairs....good thinking.

PROUD-IGBO:

^^^Are you serious with the bolded undecided? You mean to tell me Indians, Lebanese, Chinese, Americans, etc, all these countries with their citizens conducting business in Nigeria and Ghana are doing so because they ran away from their countries 'bad economy'?

I can understand Ghana wanting to empower its citizens in the small/medium enterprise sector, but the way they are going about it goes contrary to ECOWAS free trade/movement protocols. If you say this is so but Ghana has to take care of its own first, i'll equally agree with you, but remind them to bear in mind that this is what they signed up for. A way out for them would be to withdraw from ECOWAS and send all Nigerians (of course it's us they are targeting) packing from their country: and when i say ALL Nigerians i mean those that are in their schools that pump in $1 BILLION into the Ghanaian economy every year; i mean ALL Nigerians that come to Ghana for short and long holiday stays; i mean ALL Nigerians that own luxury homes in Accra (they should blow them up b/4 leaving); i mean ALL high-networth Nigerians engaged in business like GLO, SILVERBIRD GROUP; i mean the banning of Nigerian actors/actresses/movies/musicians from Ghana, and we will do likewise; All these people/products/services should be sent packing together with the small/medium enterprise Nigerians- they can't eat their cake and still have it.

The mistake those of you in support of this ill-advised move by Ghana are doing is to look at only one aspect of Nigerias economic/social relations with Ghana, ignoring other aspects which cancel out any perceived negatives these Nigerian traders are causing. What i would have expected Ghana to do (since we're talking of small/medium scale enterprises) is to empower Ghanaians in these businesses that they see Nigerians engaged in, and by giving Ghanaians subsidies/loans, thay can edge out any foreign competition that doesn't have the financial muscle to compete; that would be a fair/legal way of doing it.

The fact of the matter is that Ghana having good relations with Nigeria (and vice versa) serves a good purpose for both countries as it encourages healthy rivalry in music, sports, movies, etc. Any Ghanaian being honest with himself would tell you that the strides and improvements you see in Ghana in the areas of movies, music, sport, owes largely to either the influence from their Nigerian brothers or from a healthy competition with Nigeria (you know in sports, Nigeria/Ghana can admit/accept defeat to anyone but each other, let's be honest here).
Re: N46m Trade Fee: Nigeria Suspends Row With Ghana by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jul 01, 2012
@PetroDollar, I must say I have not been too impressed with a lot of your comments which has invariably ignited same from some Nigerians as well. But I must point out that you are painting Ghana too radiantly. I am currently studying in Ghana and it is evident that the Ghanian economy is very fragile at the moment; you raised a point about we not being able to elect our leaders, well won't deliberate much on that but its also evident that the last one held in 2011 has become a standard to reckon with and do not forget that if like you are trying to insinuate, you guys elect your leaders, how is it that every 'move' Rawlings make is closely watched as a vibrant parameter for the success of the NDC in December? Or the Wycombe scandal isn't from Ghana? Or the "All-Die-Be-Die" politics and tribal tension isn't emanating in Ghana too? I enjoy Ghana, its a great country that has really stepped up but I won't be drawn into the argument of measuring the nature of impact both countries have on each other but note this that both countries can't do without one another. Not that Nigeria can effectively be on its own or look elsewhere but Nigeria is a country that defends the interests of its fellow Africans maybe more than its. And don't be too quick to bring about the 80's expulsion, Ghana hit us first in 69. Hope the insults ease off as its very disgusting.
Re: N46m Trade Fee: Nigeria Suspends Row With Ghana by TheGeneral1(m): 7:22pm On Jul 01, 2012
rhymz: The attitude you see in Ghanaians is borne out of fundamental insecurity and a lack of economic and financial wisdom. The dimwits in the corridors of Ghanaian power think they can emulate South Africa by demonising Nigeria forgetting we hold their economy, supply the fuel, electricity and a general sense of belonging they now seem to have...they forget they are not in the same category as South Africa and can't do without Nigeria like South Africa seemingly can. It's a joke in transition. We are in for a few years of laughter. These half wits are buying into the int'l hype that they are doing well...jokers! Well let every Nigerian thing in ghana move let's see them fall like a stone into water. They should be grateful to have big brothers like Nigerians. Why do we even bother helping these W.African countries so much? they are never grateful. See Liberia, Sierra Leone, Sudan, Ghana etc all they do is player-hate Nigeria...for all we do for them. Fvckin ingrates that deserve nothing but sufferings.
So u r not ashame that u sell gas to ghana cheaply and u sleep in darkness? What kind of people are. Deal with ur issues and leave ghana alone. Ghana don't need nigeria to develop - u need us! Tjere are only two countries in the world where polio is endemic(nigeria & afganistan). The resent info. Released by NSS says that 112 nigerians are poor with illiteracy up to 78%. If you care to know Ghana has met MDG on poverty two years ago, we have thriving economy and democracy. Ghana is far better than nigeria unless u r blind to see that.

1 Like

Re: N46m Trade Fee: Nigeria Suspends Row With Ghana by londoner: 7:49pm On Jul 01, 2012
@Thegeneral......Nigeria does not need Ghana to develop. I don't really know where you got that from.

The truth is, Nigeria needs Nigerians with all hands on deck to succeed.

I for one think it is a good thing for Nigerians to divest from Ghana, as much as possible.
Re: N46m Trade Fee: Nigeria Suspends Row With Ghana by chyket(m): 8:26pm On Jul 01, 2012
You can check this site for some reports of Nigerian Air crashes, www.aib.gov.ng/reports
Re: N46m Trade Fee: Nigeria Suspends Row With Ghana by bullseye2(f): 9:39pm On Jul 01, 2012
[quote author=virgo]

Maybe you guys made us realize that friendship with you was a waste of time? Anyway, look I don't know if you were deprived of hugs cos you've turned out to be a very bitter human being. Note this, most Nigerians do not care about what Ghanaians like you think. I have never gone to a Ghanaian website as I have no business there. Stop spitting all over yourself on a Nigerian forum dear, this is "Nairaland" not "CeediLand". Now run along and go eat Kenke. kiss[/quote
Lmfao at 'run along and go eat kenke.' No mind d stupid gay. Na d sour donkunu im dey chop from childhood don sour him brain. Guy's so bitter; some sharp 9ja guy must have snatched his babe.
Re: N46m Trade Fee: Nigeria Suspends Row With Ghana by PetroDolla: 9:49pm On Jul 01, 2012
dumb arses.they say Ghana is this Ghana is that and now Ghanaians say they don't want you in their country and you are crying?funny people.more flights leaving nigeria land in Ghana more than any other country in the world?and yet all we hear is Ghana's economy is this n that?do you know the number of buses deployed on the lagos-Accra route daily by nigerian road transporters such as abc,cross country,ifex,chisco etc?for example,more abc buses go to Ghana from Lagos than to abuja. What about the dozens of taxis and buses servicing the route?bunch of hypocrites!

1 Like

Re: N46m Trade Fee: Nigeria Suspends Row With Ghana by bullseye2(f): 9:50pm On Jul 01, 2012
Ironi:

Hehehehe, typical bloated Nigerian ego.

I'm only giving you some of the reasons which would force Nigerians to be kicked out.

Ghana would have no choice.

Nigerians have rendered their country ungovernable with their lawlessness and a huge population
of Nigerians in Ghana doing trades they are not supposed to be doing is a big no no.

Its only a matter of time.

And ur country women selling fried yam and akara on every street corner in Nigeria, those plying their flabby, obese overly bleached bodies in red light districts? These are a big yes yes, I presume. Quit hating my friends; one of these days u'll choke on ur own bile.
Re: N46m Trade Fee: Nigeria Suspends Row With Ghana by manny4life(m): 10:34pm On Jul 01, 2012
Did anyone read the report from Forbes magazine on Ghana's economy in response to one professor that insulted GEJ? I laughed so hard, I thought Ghana was coming up but to my surprise, the Nigera they detest so hard is 10x more better than they are (even in her worse conditions). Perfect case of a growing son who has small pubic hair challenging his father to a fight...shioor.

Anyway, I blame Nigerians, go clean up your own country and take your investment elsewhere. After all, Nigerians are the biggest African investors in Africa, so if Nigeria get her act together, come a time when they will flood into Nigeria, use diplomatic cane and pursue them back from where they came from.
Re: N46m Trade Fee: Nigeria Suspends Row With Ghana by londoner: 10:47pm On Jul 01, 2012
Distance between Lagos and Accra by road = 252 miles

Distance between Lagos and Abuja = 566 miles

That may be the reason why many go by road to Accra rather than Abuja.

All the buses do routes to AND FROM GHANA..........
Re: N46m Trade Fee: Nigeria Suspends Row With Ghana by keneri(m): 12:04am On Jul 02, 2012
@TheGeneral..I can bet on my grandfather's grave that over 99% of the entire Ghanaian population (home and abroad) can't afford the $300k FDI requested from your government throughout their entire lifetime...Your authorities are living in the stone-age...have we forgotten your crater ladden/waterlogged death traps called Airports?? We allowed you guys to be shoe-cobblers and barbers along our streets for decades, yet you guys aren't grateful.

The General: That money is not supposed to be given to the authorities, It is the minimum amt u can invest in Ghana as a petty trader.
Re: N46m Trade Fee: Nigeria Suspends Row With Ghana by rhymz(m): 1:35am On Jul 02, 2012
Forbes Magazine has described Ghana's economy as one of the ten worst performing economies in the world. The US based magazine in a recent report published on its website stated countries whose economies are in the same bracket as Ghana, “aren't unlucky--they're poor by design”. Ghana has the world's largest manmade lake and the 1-gigawatt Aksombo Hydroelectric Plant, built to supply electricity to Africa's largest aluminum smelter. But the smelter has been idle since 2009, a casualty of low aluminum prices and persistent electricity shortages that have forced the government to divert the power elsewhere. Ghana is a typical example of the world's worst-managed economies: It's a country that shouldn't be poor, but it is. The West African nation's gross domestic product per capita fell 9% last year to $621, ranking it 154th out of 184 countries tracked by the International Monetary Fund, below resource-impoverished Haiti. With a $3 billion trade deficit last year and $ 4.9 billion in external debt, Ghana is struggling to pay its bills even as it sits on some of the world's biggest reserves of gold and bauxite, as well as considerable amounts of offshore oil, which is being developed by Anadarko Petroleum ( APC - news - people ) and others. Article Controls "Ghana's problems are mostly homegrown," said Peter Allum, the IMF's mission chief to Ghana, in February. Forbes ranks Ghana ninth on our list of the world's worst economies. As the world focuses on Greece and the rest of the so-called PIIGs--Portugal, Italy and Ireland--in their fight to reverse years of irresponsible fiscal policies, another group of nations make them look positively well- managed. Forbes screened IMF data for countries that have low and declining per-capita GDP, high trade deficits and high inflation, all indicators of bad economic management regardless of the country's inherent wealth. All have at least one trait in common: Their governments discourage private investment--and economic growth--through policies of crony capitalism, expropriation or arbitrary enforcement of the laws. That makes it hard to generate hard currency to pay off government debt and discourages citizens from investing in education to improve their own economic lot. "Most of these vulnerably low-income countries are in a trap," said Otaviano Canuto, vice president and head of the World Bank's Poverty Reduction and Economic Management Network. "The climate is not conducive to investments, not only in factories and agricultural improvements, but in education." No surprise as to the winner of this race to the bottom: Zimbabwe, a country where the annual inflation rate hit the surreal level of more than 500 billion percent in late 2008 as the government of dictator Robert Mugabe tried to print his way out of his own mistaken economic policies. Before the fever broke last year, Zimbabwe restaurants felt compelled to post signs reminding patrons not to use the nearly worthless dollar bills as toilet paper. Zimbabwe's inflation rate has since dropped to around 5% as the country abandoned its currency and allowed transactions to be conducted in U.S. dollars and other currencies. But it still was forced to import 500,000 tons of maize last year to make up for shortfalls in its once-bountiful agricultural sector. Ranking fifth on the list is Nicaragua, the only Latin American country to show such a poisonous combination of poverty and stagnant growth. Nicaragua's inflation-adjusted GDP fell 1.5% in 2009 and foreign investors have shunned the country since 1980s socialist President Daniel Ortega returned to office in 2007. Textile manufacturers have closed and European aid agencies balked at supporting the Ortega government after flawed elections in 2008. One reliable source of income in this socialist paradise: remittances from expatriates, which represented 13% of GDP in 2008. In eighth place is Liberia, another resource- rich nation that has mismanaged its way to poverty through decades of corruption and civil war. The country has been relatively stable since 2005 and may achieve 6% GDP growth this year. But that's a GDP of less than $900 million, with rubber exports the single largest source of foreign currency at $170 million. Registrations of foreign ships brings in another $18 million, hardly enough to make a dent in the country's $3.4 billion debt. Last year commercial creditors agreed to call it even at 3 cents on the dollar, possibly allowing Liberia to begin the cycle of borrowing and defaulting anew. Some economic growth is expected after Arcelor Mittal ( MT - news - people ) begins shipping iron ore from the Yekapi complex in 2011.
Here goes the Economy wey Ghanaians dey take make mouth. . .brouhahahah

1 Like

Re: N46m Trade Fee: Nigeria Suspends Row With Ghana by item: 2:54am On Jul 02, 2012
The problem is that we do not value our own people, when a man do not have respect for his home, then it is not possible for the people around him to respect his family.!
Re: N46m Trade Fee: Nigeria Suspends Row With Ghana by rhymz(m): 3:59am On Jul 02, 2012
@petroldollar
Hahahah. . .did you say there are more Ghanaian bound flights from Nigeria than anywhere in the world? You must be high on the gutter fumes of Accra street, walahi! I wonder wetin places like U.S, Britain, even RSA go come claim too.
Most times when you lot talk about Ghana you seem to forget some very obvious facts; your economy as presently constituted is heavily dependent on the investments of foreigners, Nigerian businesses being the single largest African employer of Labour in Ghana.
If the Nigerian government and business community were to pay Ghana in its own coin, trust me, Ghana will be the one gasping for breath and not Nigerians.
Anyway, I am more interested in debating issues than responding to small-minded Ghanaians internet warriors.
First of all, the sudden awakening of the Ghanaian authorities to enforce the so-called retail trade laws of the country is hypocritical and wreaks of jeolousy, envy and small mindedness. The law is borne out of pettiness and mental laziness to think of better ways to protect the Ghanaian economy and traders. Ghanaians must resist the temptation of blaming foreigners and Nigerians in general for every natural socio-economic changes that take place in their country. There's this general belief amongst Ghanaians that what negetives that is in Ghana today happens without the connivance of fellow Ghanaians. They like to see every socio-economic problem as imported but they forget that whatever the case, be it crimes or economic domination they were all possible because Ghanaians both the high and low assented to them.
Also, there is a fact that Ghanaians often like to conveniently ignore; majority of Nigerians in Ghana are traders, students and professionals who are mostly engaged in Ghana branch of Nigerian businesses, they are not their being there is not a direct consequence of harsh economic realities in Nigeria but to expand their markets, trade, education and business. No Nigerian in his right senses will leave Nigeria for Ghana just because he thinks or feels Ghana has greener pastures; Ghana is not europe or the US. It is important that we clear this impression that Ghanaians seem to have like Nigerians are in Ghana to compete for space in their everyday lives or their government interventions. Whatever success stories Nigerians have made in Ghana has never been as a result of the benevolence the Ghanaian government or the people, it has always been through sheer hardwork and a drive to succeed. Even if Nigeria becomes the United states tomorrow, Nigerians still will travel to other countries and set shops there. It is not only in Ghana-even though na una make noise pass-there are Nigerians in large quantity in Togo, Rep of Benin, cameroun etc doing businesses both in the formal and informal sectors of the economies of these countries. Ghanaians tend to exaggerate their importance and act like they have got no problems socio-economic proble,s until the influx of foreigners.
For instance, most of the shops owned by Nigerians that the Ghanaian authorities are shutting down now were duly paid for and rented from Ghanaian landlords and market developers.
Ironically, most of these shops employ ghanains as sales persons.
It is only in Ghana that one has heard of a law that bans law abiding residents of foreign nationals from participating in the retail aspect of their economy. It is like denying 80% of law abiding foreigners in Ghana involved in private businesses their means of livelihood, what is the whole essense of competition and diversification if it all comes down to petty policies like this. Are there no Ghanaians in Nigeria doing retail work?
Have they for once asked themselves if actually Ghanaians have the capacity to fill up the space they want to forcefully create? How many Ghanaians have the wherewithal to trade in some of the good goods Nigerians, chinese, indians, syrians etc engage in?? Or is it just a case of acting on impulse without thinking through the consequence it will have both on the availability of certain goods and services and the associated businesses engaged by Ghanaians that will be killed when these foreign retail shops are forced out. Ghanaians are so blinded by hate, envy and pettiness that all most of them only see is how they are not fully participating but forget the implication it will have even if these countries' government do not respond thesame way in their place. Ghanaians are so laid back and lazy walahi.

1 Like

Re: N46m Trade Fee: Nigeria Suspends Row With Ghana by lastpage: 5:02am On Jul 02, 2012
PetroDolla: chei, talk about 'a regional force' in child prostitution,car jacking,robberies,ritual murders,419. All hail the f-ucked up 'regional force' that cannot even provide ordinary electricity to its impoverished citizens.hahaha demented dog! Try your nonsense with Ghana and we'll teach you a lesson you'll never forget for the rest of your miserable lives.

And why shouldn't a stewpid Ghananian Bitch like you stump-off to a Ghananian Forum and fart through you mouth?

What do you want here or dont your Ghananian brothers have enough Brains to set-up a forum/Website for your rantings?

Get the effing-off NiaraLand, Shameless parasite!

Lastpage!
Re: N46m Trade Fee: Nigeria Suspends Row With Ghana by PetroDolla: 6:30pm On Jul 02, 2012
look,I can understand your frustration.tethered to an eternally hopeless,bottom-dwelling s-hit called nigeria is no joke oooh.hahahaha but talking to a cliford orji man-eating self-righteous demon like you is incredibly demeaning!pigs,thieves who can't even produce common electricity for yourshitty-eating,moronic boko haramed contrimen.an evil,lawless ape like u.modafucka!nigeria jagajaja nigeria jagajaga gbosa gbosa.what a shitty contri n a bunch of shitty fo0ls.hehehe I dey piss for una mouths. Fvck ya n thank you very much for allowing me to
Piss into your smelly mouths. Hahahaha

lastpage:

And why shouldn't a stewpid Ghananian Bitch like you stump-off to a Ghananian Forum and fart through you mouth?

What do you want here or dont your Ghananian brothers have enough Brains to set-up a forum/Website for your rantings?

Get the effing-off NiaraLand, Shameless parasite!

Lastpage!
Re: N46m Trade Fee: Nigeria Suspends Row With Ghana by otumfour(m): 1:57pm On Jul 03, 2012
petro! u dey mind these generator dependent apes grin grin grin grin .....they are the definition of a daydreamer

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

43,400 PHCN Workers Cleared For Payment Of Severance Entitlement / JUST IN!!! Missile Launch: Acting President, Osinbajo Speaks / Use Eid-El-Kabir To Strengthen Bonds Of Nationhood, Ibori Tells Muslims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.