Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,401 members, 7,815,872 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:57 PM

We Need More Lgas, Not More States - Fashola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Need More Lgas, Not More States - Fashola (2769 Views)

Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States / Ndigbo Demand 2 More States In The South-East / We Are Creating More States - Ekweremadu (Senate VP) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Need More Lgas, Not More States - Fashola by qualified(f): 12:18pm On Jul 02, 2012
Last week, i was listening to a radio program where people were calling in to support Gov. Fashola's view that Nigeria needs more LGAs, not more states.

Wht has our LGAs achieved? How many of us know our Local Govt chairmen? Wht development have they brought in? Wht do they use their allocations for? These n more were all i was pondering as d program was going on.

Our politicians always say things js to favor them. Gov. Fashola is from Surulere thus Lagoon state where d bulk revenue comes from (being a commercial area) may nt be under his jurisdiction.

Is d creation of states or LGAs wht we really need?

House, i need ur opinions on this. Personally, more states MAY be better than more LGAs cos judging from d performance of our LGA chairmen over d years, that position is a mere title.

1 Like

Re: We Need More Lgas, Not More States - Fashola by ifihearam: 2:01pm On Jul 02, 2012
To what end do we need ne LGAs when the local government chairmen are given responsibilities without no authority. The LG chairmen are all stooges to the governor because he dictates what goes on there as against the original plan for the creation of lgs
Re: We Need More Lgas, Not More States - Fashola by Afam4eva(m): 2:03pm On Jul 02, 2012
So, LGA's are more viable than states abi? Selfish leaders.
Re: We Need More Lgas, Not More States - Fashola by ogunpeju01(m): 2:04pm On Jul 02, 2012
WE EVEN NEED MORE LGA IN IFO LOCAL GOVT.
Re: We Need More Lgas, Not More States - Fashola by pheesayor(m): 2:21pm On Jul 02, 2012
more LGAs and proper legislation to empower them to do more. There should also be checks and balances, more states
Re: We Need More Lgas, Not More States - Fashola by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jul 02, 2012
Nigeria has too many states and LGA already. Almost all jobless people are into politics, even Fashola has gone ballistics in his political gimmicks. Local governments have no functions anymore, just to share the National cake every 30 days.
Re: We Need More Lgas, Not More States - Fashola by folem: 2:24pm On Jul 02, 2012
qualified: Last week, i was listening to a radio program where people were calling in to support Gov. Fashola's view that Nigeria needs more LGAs, not more states.

Wht has our LGAs achieved? How many of us know our Local Govt chairmen? Wht development have they brought in? Wht do they use their allocations for? These n more were all i was pondering as d program was going on.

Our politicians always say things js to favor them. Gov. Fashola is from Surulere thus Lagoon state where d bulk revenue comes from (being a commercial area) may nt be under his jurisdiction.

Is d creation of states or LGAs wht we really need?

House, i need ur opinions on this. Personally, more states MAY be better than more LGAs cos judging from d performance of our LGA chairmen over d years, that position is a mere title.

Fashola does not want Lagoon State.

Let us even scrap LGAs and make them all States.
Re: We Need More Lgas, Not More States - Fashola by kennytidistar(m): 2:42pm On Jul 02, 2012
this mumu and robotic governor don begin dey confuse himself again. na wa oooo.
Re: We Need More Lgas, Not More States - Fashola by ow11(m): 2:46pm On Jul 02, 2012
He was probably speaking for ''in an ideal environment''. Since he knows Nigeria is practising lootocracy, he is being dishonest!
Re: We Need More Lgas, Not More States - Fashola by GboyegaD(m): 3:05pm On Jul 02, 2012
We need to get back to our regional system of government as that would make our LGAs more functional and responsible. Creation of states or more LGAs considering what we have now IMO does not improve anything.
Re: We Need More Lgas, Not More States - Fashola by anthony86(m): 3:25pm On Jul 02, 2012
i will support more LGA if only they get their allocations from the state gorvernments
Re: We Need More Lgas, Not More States - Fashola by PeeDaVinci: 3:47pm On Jul 02, 2012
the op took fashola's statement out of context. he used the argument for the creation of more local govt to counter the popular argument for creation of more states which is "we want the govt to be closer to the pple". in other words, he was saying if you want the govt to be closer to the people, creating more local govt will be a better idea as opposed to creating more states.
Re: We Need More Lgas, Not More States - Fashola by miteolu(m): 3:58pm On Jul 02, 2012
WE NEED MORE STREETS

2 Likes

Re: We Need More Lgas, Not More States - Fashola by skibochi(m): 4:28pm On Jul 02, 2012
if we were in a Regional democracy where the states have greater power of resource control, then more LGA's will suffice which i think the better part of this chat group will agree too, as of the moment, those guys are really not doing anything.....maybe 1 or 2 that are a bit proactive. I will go with more LGAs or for them to convert the LCDAs to full fledged LGAs.
Re: We Need More Lgas, Not More States - Fashola by bigboy3: 4:54pm On Jul 02, 2012
anthony86: i will support more LGA if only they get their allocations from the state gorvernments

I used to work in a bank and I can tell you authoritatively that they get their allocations as and at when due and if there's a delay, we grant them temporary overdrafts pending when the accounts will be credited. They are bunch of thieves... No excuses

1 Like

Re: We Need More Lgas, Not More States - Fashola by bigboy3: 4:59pm On Jul 02, 2012
PeeDaVinci: the op took fashola's statement out of context. he used the argument for the creation of more local govt to counter the popular argument for creation of more states which is "we want the govt to be closer to the pple". in other words, he was saying if you want the govt to be closer to the people, creating more local govt will be a better idea as opposed to creating more states.

In or out of context, it doesn't make logical sense. Why base your facts or arguments on a failed model. The existing ones haven't added value, why create more opportunities for thieves to loot us dry....personally, we don't need more of anything....let there be accountability 1st and a proper working model, then we can think of the next step.
Re: We Need More Lgas, Not More States - Fashola by qualified(f): 8:46pm On Jul 02, 2012
bigboy3:

In or out of context, it doesn't make logical sense. Why base your facts or arguments on a failed model. The existing ones haven't added value, why create more opportunities for thieves to loot us dry....personally, we don't need more of anything....let there be accountability 1st and a proper working model, then we can think of the next step.

tnx bros for throwing more light on this, some people are trying to use personal sentiment to cover d truth. Our leaders are js being selfish. Creating more LGAs means scattering d 'national cake' to more idle people. We already have enough of both states n LGAs.

Prove me wrong by citing a percentage of d 774 LGA chairmen who has brought meaning devt wit their monthly allocations (js 1%)
Re: We Need More Lgas, Not More States - Fashola by ektbear: 8:47pm On Jul 02, 2012
Correct yarn.

More LGAs, less states.
Re: We Need More Lgas, Not More States - Fashola by Kobojunkie: 9:05pm On Jul 02, 2012
pheesayor: more LGAs and proper legislation to empower them to do more. There should also be checks and balances, more states

What stops them from currently doing much as we have it today?
Re: We Need More Lgas, Not More States - Fashola by sucezTP(f): 9:35pm On Jul 02, 2012
Local government system is not democratically guaranteed so, why calling for more...?
Re: We Need More Lgas, Not More States - Fashola by Validated: 10:55pm On Jul 02, 2012
We truly need more tared street, NOT LGA or STATES

1 Like

Re: We Need More Lgas, Not More States - Fashola by Validated: 10:56pm On Jul 02, 2012
We truly need more tarred street, NOT LGA or STATES
Re: We Need More Lgas, Not More States - Fashola by Validated: 10:56pm On Jul 02, 2012
We truly need more tarred streets, NOT LGAs or STATES
Re: We Need More Lgas, Not More States - Fashola by AjiiSewedo(m): 11:35pm On Jul 02, 2012
We need more additional states.e.g Badagry State.
Re: We Need More Lgas, Not More States - Fashola by Musiwa2: 1:04am On Jul 03, 2012

(1) (Reply)

***DEVELOPING: PDP Is Dead! Burial Arrangement Scheduled For 2014 *** / Jonathan Under Hostage, Can’t Fight Corruption - David-west / Exposed!!! This Is The Documentary Pdp Does Not Want You To Watch!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.